Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) SWF Paladin (Read 53313 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: SWF Paladin
Reply #25 - Oct 8th, 2014 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Oct 8th, 2014 at 10:15am:
Also, I know that for damage it is not the best to run in Unyielding Sentinal, but there is so much healing and lay hands regen, PRR, hp boosts, and AC boosts etc...  Any thoughts on which ED to run and what to twist?  I only have 3 slots on this guy.

Take Divine Crusader. Take the following:

Purge the Wicked
Consecration
Sacred Ground
No Regret
Crusade
Castigation

Lay down a Consecrated Ground after you have gathered a few mobs. The healing should tick for around 200 per second while it ticks for fire and good damage(slot a fire spell power aug into orb increases both types of damage).

Your aura deals damage and lowers mob dmg output. Slain mobs explode healing you for their cr(which is also affected by hamp). Mostly invincible, even in lag.

Twists:
Brace for Impact
Cocoon
Legendary Shield Mastery
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2014 at 4:55pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #26 - Oct 9th, 2014 at 9:06am
Print Post  
So for an orb, do you go with multiples or just one?  I think when I hit 28 I'll make a couple of different swords with mortal fear and maybe one with the neg level deal just because....  but was not sure what to do with the orb.

IP Logged

3000 Year Old Necromancer
Korthos Resident

TNT knows Drama!

Reply #27 - Oct 9th, 2014 at 9:45am
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Oct 9th, 2014 at 9:06am:
So for an orb, do you go with multiples or just one?  I think when I hit 28 I'll make a couple of different swords with mortal fear and maybe one with the neg level deal just because....  but was not sure what to do with the orb.

I also need help with this. TF orb, for tier 1 i went dwarven 150 devotion. What procs for tier 3 and 4 off hand? Or tier 4 would it be best to take 22% light/healing?
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2014 at 1:18pm by 3000 Year Old Necromancer »  

Skoodge wrote on Nov 4th, 2014 at 5:32am:
A good joke is like a good recipe.  Try using a little less butthurt next time, it throws off the flavor Wink

GermanicusMaximus wrote on Aug 17th, 2014 at 3:52pm:
Why thank you, although I needed no affirmation of that fact from anyone, and certainly not from some sad, fat fuck who is a DDO fanboi.

Having said that, I am a Time Warner stockholder, and every  bit of profit that can be wrung out of Turbine has a chance of increasing my dividend check. As such, I would encourage you to continue spending money on DDO as you attempt to offset the wretched reality that is your life.

Just for your information, not all companies optimize their business operations to maximize current profits. Amazon, for example, is much more interested in increasing its market share at the expense of current profits.

You would know these kinds of things if you were anyone who mattered, but clearly you aren't.

Now, be a good little fanboi and toddle off to the Turbine forums where you can get your daily dose of Cordo ass kissing done.

Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Oct 9th, 2014 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Tier 1 I went with Devotion/Repair.

Limpgimp told me on lama that Dragon's Edge 35% fort bypass works with Orbs as does Draconic Reinvigoration. Currently using that set up on my Bladeforged version. It is also a spot to slot fire spell power for consecrated ground fire/good damage.

I have 2 swords and 1 war hammer. Deconstructor slotted on all 3.

Trash: 1st degree burns/paralyzing/mortal fear

Red named non-undead: 1st degree burns/dragon's edge/burning emptiness

Undead red named/abbot: 1st degree burns/dragon's edge/3rd degree burns
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2014 at 10:22am by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #29 - Oct 9th, 2014 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 9th, 2014 at 10:21am:
Tier 1 I went with Devotion/Repair.

Limpgimp told me on lama that Dragon's Edge 35% fort bypass works with Orbs as does Draconic Reinvigoration. Currently using that set up on my Bladeforged version. It is also a spot to slot fire spell power for consecrated ground fire/good damage.

I have 2 swords and 1 war hammer. Deconstructor slotted on all 3.

Trash: 1st degree burns/paralyzing/mortal fear

Red named non-undead: 1st degree burns/dragon's edge/burning emptiness

Undead red named/abbot: 1st degree burns/dragon's edge/3rd degree burns

Thx was thinking it worked like celestia where you get the proc damages.  I think I may need to build some sets then if dragon's edge works.  I really don't like the idea of having to swap when I want to heal/concecrate and then swap for trash, again for red named fleshie, and again for abott / red name undead...  but I guess it is not TOO bad.

I am thinking for melee the orb will be blinding fear, dragon's edge (assuming it works for orb) and crippling flames (also assuming it works on orb).  Make another one appropriate for helaing and fire for spells  (two items, 1 fire, and 1 heal).

Then, basically a similar sword to what you have for trash.  For the others, if dragon's edge works on orb, I will replace with 2nd degree burns for Tier 2 or maybe one with AOE.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Oct 9th, 2014 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Oct 9th, 2014 at 1:00pm:
I really don't like the idea of having to swap when I want to heal/concecrate and then swap for trash, again for red named fleshie, and again for abott / red name undead... 

The orb stays in hand. You never swap it, so devotion/repair power stays at all times. Only swapping done is trash sword, red named sword, abbot hammer.

orb will be blinding fear
Havent tested, not sure it works.
crippling flames (also assuming it works on orb

dont think it works. dragon edge only gives fort bypass on orbs and not the damage on crits.

Make another one appropriate for helaing and fire for spells  (two items, 1 fire, and 1 heal).

Tier 1 healing spell power. red augment slot= fire augment. 1 item. dont need 2.

I will replace with 2nd degree burns for Tier 2 or maybe one with AOE.
dragon edge has an on crit damage proc for bleeding, one which an orb will not trigger. 2nd degree burns and the 50 dc reflex for half dmg are garbage wastes of tiers. dont know why turbine even included those, but they dont play the game, so.

IP Logged

3000 Year Old Necromancer
Korthos Resident

TNT knows Drama!

Reply #31 - Oct 9th, 2014 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 9th, 2014 at 1:10pm:
Tier 1 healing spell power. red augment slot= fire augment. 1 item. dont need 2.

Has anyone tried red dragon breath with this combo? And possibly the 22% combustion tier 4?

Skoodge wrote on Nov 4th, 2014 at 5:32am:
A good joke is like a good recipe.  Try using a little less butthurt next time, it throws off the flavor Wink

GermanicusMaximus wrote on Aug 17th, 2014 at 3:52pm:
Why thank you, although I needed no affirmation of that fact from anyone, and certainly not from some sad, fat fuck who is a DDO fanboi.

Having said that, I am a Time Warner stockholder, and every  bit of profit that can be wrung out of Turbine has a chance of increasing my dividend check. As such, I would encourage you to continue spending money on DDO as you attempt to offset the wretched reality that is your life.

Just for your information, not all companies optimize their business operations to maximize current profits. Amazon, for example, is much more interested in increasing its market share at the expense of current profits.

You would know these kinds of things if you were anyone who mattered, but clearly you aren't.

Now, be a good little fanboi and toddle off to the Turbine forums where you can get your daily dose of Cordo ass kissing done.

Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #32 - Oct 9th, 2014 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Apparently there is some testing needed to be done.  I will see if I have time this week.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #33 - Oct 10th, 2014 at 9:02am
Print Post  
One thing I noticed while holding an orb is that my slotted meteroic star procs.  So, I am hopefull more proc like abilities also proc.  Did not have a chance to test much last night.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #34 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Lvl 27 and now hitting 195PRR and 99MRR with buffs.  Still running with citw weapon/trinket combo for the +15 bonus.  The new armor/helm combo out of the epic necro is nice.  Takes care of a lot of the needed resists, vitality, fort, etc...  plus a nice PRR boost and 4 slots.  Thinking of loading up on guards, but not sure they work as a per guard hit (stacking sort of) or just as 1 per guard type (crushing wave and golems).

Lvl 28 will be interesting with TF weapons/orb.
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2014 at 10:30am by Kluege »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
grab shadow armor dr 30/60. almost invincible with dr 60 and 66% damage reduction from prr.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #36 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
ah... forgot about that.  Since it is useless to my archer, I didn't even think of it.  I'll whip up a set tonight.

IP Logged

Feynman
Epic Poster

I regret nothing!

Reply #37 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 13th, 2014 at 12:05pm:
grab shadow armor dr 30/60. almost invincible with dr 60 and 66% damage reduction from prr.

I thought that was DR/epic?

"Science makes godlike -- it is all over with priests and gods when man becomes scientific. Moral: science is the forbidden as such -- it alone is forbidden. Science is the *first* sin, the *original* sin. *This alone is morality.* ``Thou shalt not know'' -- the rest follows."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #38 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Yeah, I looked up the shadow armor and it says DR from all sources except from epic attacks.... and the 60 DR is the same only when you are under 75% health.  If it doesn't work on epic, then it is useless I think.

Death's Rampart give some nice resistences, save bonus to will and fort, and the set gives luck +5 bonus to PRR and MRR.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
DR/Epic is only passed by epic raid bosses and some very few and odd mobs, like paragon kobolds, hox puppies ;p

IP Logged

Feynman
Epic Poster

I regret nothing!

Reply #40 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 13th, 2014 at 7:16pm:
DR/Epic is only passed by epic raid bosses 

I.e. when you actually need it.

"Science makes godlike -- it is all over with priests and gods when man becomes scientific. Moral: science is the forbidden as such -- it alone is forbidden. Science is the *first* sin, the *original* sin. *This alone is morality.* ``Thou shalt not know'' -- the rest follows."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
Feynman wrote on Oct 13th, 2014 at 11:25pm:
I.e. when you actually need it.

Yes, 2 raids is where impassable dr for 98% of content and mobs in the game is going to matter the most.

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 5:03am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 13th, 2014 at 11:52pm:
Yes, 2 raids is where impassable dr for 98% of content and mobs in the game is going to matter the most.

You're a terrible person.
Putting up so much effort to divert fellow players from the ultimate combo of sentinel + death rampart.
You should be ashamed.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 7:49am
Print Post  
Limpgimp wrote on Oct 14th, 2014 at 5:03am:
You're a terrible person.
Putting up so much effort to divert fellow players from the ultimate combo of sentinel + death rampart.
You should be ashamed.

That's not true. Snow told me youre going to tr into a vanguard using rampart playing in sentinel. I wont stop you. Make the gimp and embrace it! embrace it!!!

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 8:10am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 14th, 2014 at 7:49am:
That's not true. Snow told me youre going to tr into a vanguard using rampart playing in sentinel. I wont stop you. Make the gimp and embrace it! embrace it!!!

A halfling will lose his tongue fingers today.

There goes my super secret OP build.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 8:16am
Print Post  
Limpgimp wrote on Oct 14th, 2014 at 8:10am:
A halfling will lose his tongue fingers today.

There goes my super secret OP build.

Hurry! You can catch us and Snow. We are all lv 15.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #46 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Tested both the shadow plate and the adamantine set...  I like the set better.  Was taking about the same physical damage on both on EE, but the set has higher MRR by a good amount and epic deaths rampart has a lot better item mods on it.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Oct 14th, 2014 at 2:55pm:
Was taking about the same physical damage on both on EE

Absolutely false.

Say an average hit is for 500 non-crit. We'll use 500 for ease of simple calculations. And a prr of 180 for 64.29% reduction.

With 30 dr.

500 - 30 dr = 470. After which prr 180 kicks in = 302.

With out dr and using 185 prr where the extra 5 is from adam set bonus. Rounding up 185 prr to 65% reduction.

500 after 65% is 325. That isnt much of a reduction, but still in favor of the dr armor.

Now using dr 60. 500 - dr 60 = 440. After 64.29% = 282.

325 with non shadowscale armor.

302 with 30 dr running.

282 with 60 dr on.

« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2014 at 3:43pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #48 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 8:59am
Print Post  
I found with more playing on EE stuff, the set is better vs elemental and spell type damage where the shadow is better vs straight damage (like melee and ranged).  However, both are nice and really is not that big a deal running in either, EE is still pretty easy with this build regardless.

For the math part, my PRR is 187, but still about the same.  I was taking hits in EE Tracker's Trap from about 40-100 on average from mobs.  Ranged was like 40-60 and melee was like 60-100 with most in the 50-70 range.  Sometimes I actually took no damage despite hearing the hit confirmation noise of armor clanking. 

Basically, either way it is good and a nice build and highly surviveable with good dps.  I was mowing through the trash mobs with ease.
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2014 at 9:00am by Kluege »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Oct 15th, 2014 at 8:59am:
elemental and spell type damage where the shadow is better vs straight damage

I carry shadow raid bracers for the 45 resist. Beats out the 30 and 10 insightful from ramparts.

Kluege wrote on Oct 15th, 2014 at 8:59am:
Ranged was like 40-60

That is where the biggest gains are from. Against archers you can basically ignore large mobs of them with dr 30/60.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint