Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) SWF Paladin (Read 53419 times)
Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Re: SWF Paladin
Reply #50 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 15th, 2014 at 10:22am:
I carry shadow raid bracers for the 45 resist. Beats out the 30 and 10 insightful from ramparts.

Unfortunately I do not have on this toon.  I took this guy out of the bank toon catagory to play with and wound up liking the build so....  All said and done with this toon, I am not going to actively seek those bracers, but if I see a group and I am off timer, I'll join that raid until I hit 20. I am happy where he is at and for a tankish dps build, it works.
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2014 at 10:49am by Kluege »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 11:05am
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Oct 15th, 2014 at 10:49am:
off timer

really?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #52 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 15th, 2014 at 11:05am:
really?

Well, it is more a matter of seeing a group for it, but yeah, I did get involved with the whole card to timer thingy so yeah, I wait unless someone gives me a few here and there.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #53 - Oct 16th, 2014 at 11:35am
Print Post  
What do you think about swapping the 6 APs from the Harper Tree that give melee power and put it into Know the Angle?

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #54 - Oct 16th, 2014 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Oct 16th, 2014 at 11:35am:
What do you think about swapping the 6 APs from the Harper Tree that give melee power and put it into Know the Angle?

It's supposed to be mutually exclusive with Divine Might.

I don't think any paladin should give up Divine Might...

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #55 - Oct 16th, 2014 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Oct 16th, 2014 at 11:54am:
It's supposed to be mutually exclusive with Divine Might.

I don't think any paladin should give up Divine Might...

It is supposed to be, but it works last I checked.  You get both buffs on buff bar too.
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2014 at 12:30pm by Kluege »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Oct 16th, 2014 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Oct 16th, 2014 at 11:35am:

Worth the AP, even if int mod is+6. So is getting melee power from the tree.

Stacking everything makes for good crits. I have crit for 800-1100+ this life at lv 17-18 using all the stacking damage abilities and a Twinblade-2d8 die and 2 slots-.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #57 - Oct 16th, 2014 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 16th, 2014 at 9:28pm:
Worth the AP, even if int mod is+6. So is getting melee power from the tree.

Stacking everything makes for good crits. I have crit for 800-1100+ this life at lv 17-18 using all the stacking damage abilities and a Twinblade-2d8 die and 2 slots-.

Since last patch, know the angle gives me only ranged damge in effects window. After beating on dummy for several hits with /Wout with items i can confirm that it currently only adds ranged damage which also caused me to swap it out on my wolf build after a etr
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2014 at 9:34pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #58 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 6:05am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Oct 16th, 2014 at 9:33pm:
Since last patch, know the angle gives me only ranged damge in effects window. After beating on dummy for several hits with /Wout with items i can confirm that it currently only adds ranged damage which also caused me to swap it out on my wolf build after a etr

Wolf & handwraps & weaponless. KtA adds nothing to these. It will add damage to most everything else. I didn't test elemental forms, or come to think of it, undead forms. If you find another thing KtA is not adding damage to, please let me know.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #59 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 9:49am
Print Post  
It seems to work on my pally with SWF.  I will pay more attention and test again this weekend, but the icon definitely appears along with the DM icon in my buff bar.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #60 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Oct 17th, 2014 at 9:49am:
It seems to work on my pally with SWF.  I will pay more attention and test again this weekend, but the icon definitely appears along with the DM icon in my buff bar.

I get icon as well but in effects it only says Insight bonus to ranged damage +7.
When i swing in wolf form, nope, when i swing in human nope, when i put pinion on and shoot, yes

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #61 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 7:37am
Print Post  
http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_%28damage_type%29

Quote:
Note: Currently, only a few weapons available to players have the epic damage type flag. The level 20 Mournlode Weapons and Calomel Weapons obtainable from Cannith Challenges have the Epic Damage quality.

WTF?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #62 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 19th, 2014 at 7:37am:

Probably old info?

Maybe not. Just checked a few of my epic weapons and they don't have the Epic flag...odd.
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2014 at 2:00pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #63 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Oct 19th, 2014 at 1:59pm:
Probably old info?

Maybe not. Just checked a few of my epic weapons and they don't have the Epic flag...odd.

I'm not surprised - I have not seen anything with an Epic damage flag (including the aforementioned Cannith Challenge items).
http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Mournlode_Greataxe

I do wonder if this is muddying the waters between weapon level (Heroic/Paragon/Epic) and damage type.
The first determines the base damage dice of the weapon, the second determines the type of damage delivered.

Tbh, I had not thought of Epic as a damage type - is that what it is intended as?

That being said, we do have the Shadowscale heavy armour with DR30/Epic.
I have often wondered, but never tested if this meant every Epic monster bypassed the DR?
if so, that would make it good for ROFL stomping Heroics.....?

Anyone tested this or understand what is going on with this?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #64 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 1:06am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Oct 19th, 2014 at 9:09pm:
I have often wondered, but never tested if this meant every Epic monster bypassed the DR?

Does not get passed by majority of mobs.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #65 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 9:19am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Oct 17th, 2014 at 2:16pm:
I get icon as well but in effects it only says Insight bonus to ranged damage +7.
When i swing in wolf form, nope, when i swing in human nope, when i put pinion on and shoot, yes

Ya, apparently it doesn't stack unfortunately with any of my SWF attacks, however, that frees up APs for something else.
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2014 at 9:20am by Kluege »  

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #66 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 9:22am
Print Post  
Just wanted to mention that this build is very, very good.  When I die it is either from lag or me not paying attention, not that this could not hanlde it.  EE is like running on EH or EN at times with all the PRR and DR.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #67 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 20th, 2014 at 1:06am:
Does not get passed by majority of mobs.

IIRC Most red and all purple named bypass it.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Oct 20th, 2014 at 2:19pm:
IIRC Most red and all purple named bypass it.

Will test later tonight. Getting my alt up to lv 28 now and will see what reds break it. Im sure purples do as they are all epic raid bosses.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

peanut brittle

Reply #69 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 20th, 2014 at 2:26pm:
Getting my alt up to lv 28 now and will see what reds break it. Im sure purples do as they are all epic raid bosses.

I might be wrong, Cinnis and Mentau would be good tests.  Edgar or whatever too.  I don't think the named in the explorer zone will however.  Few more levels before I can test it.  My first 2 28s were a bard and a monk =P

I remember where I first saw that at!  Was doing knights crypt when mobs on elite would bug out and become epic, one with all the shadow gargoyles and traps.  You could target them and inspect them; they had a buff on that said it gave them epic damage.  May be able to tell that way.
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2014 at 3:45pm by Aeolwind »  

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #70 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
I believe the combat log will tell you if there is damage reduction.  I will check tonight as well.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #71 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 9:16am
Print Post  
DR works vs Red Named.  I tested in Epic GH and Epic Orchard quests.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #72 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Also, with the epic boots of the innocent (or even eth bracers at XIV speed), what is a good replacement for blinding speed... was thinking extend or maybe bulwark of defense (if that works)... open to suggetsions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Oct 21st, 2014 at 2:55pm:
Also, with the epic boots of the innocent (or even eth bracers at XIV speed), what is a good replacement for blinding speed... was thinking extend or maybe bulwark of defense (if that works)... open to suggetsions.

Epic Damage Reduction, Epic Fortitude(mainly for disintegrate), Imp Crit Bludgeoning for hammer swap vs abbot.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

peanut brittle

Reply #74 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Oct 19th, 2014 at 9:09pm:
I'm not surprised - I have not seen anything with an Epic damage flag (including the aforementioned Cannith Challenge items).
http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Mournlode_Greataxe

I do wonder if this is muddying the waters between weapon level (Heroic/Paragon/Epic) and damage type.
The first determines the base damage dice of the weapon, the second determines the type of damage delivered.

Tbh, I had not thought of Epic as a damage type - is that what it is intended as?

if so, that would make it good for ROFL stomping Heroics.....?

Anyone tested this or understand what is going on with this?

This is from the discussions page on Epic Damage Type, http://ddowiki.com/page/Talk:Epic_%28damage_type%29

Someone is confusing Epic weapon dice with Epic damage type.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint