Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) SWF Paladin (Read 53314 times)
Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Re: SWF Paladin
Reply #75 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 21st, 2014 at 5:20pm:
Epic Damage Reduction, Epic Fortitude(mainly for disintegrate), Imp Crit Bludgeoning for hammer swap vs abbot.

Does Epic DR as a feat work with the equipment bonus from shadow armor?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #76 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 3:07pm:
Does Epic DR as a feat work with the equipment bonus from shadow armor?

It's 10 prr. not major, but gets prr to 190 if you've no pdk or divine epic lives.
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2014 at 7:19pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Baddog
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #77 - Oct 27th, 2014 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
You can get this Pali build to 75% melee attack speed which is crazy.

Thanks for sharing it.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #78 - Oct 28th, 2014 at 1:33am
Print Post  
Something I hadnt realized up until last week was bastard swords and dwarven axes cannot proc weapon effects on glances unless thf feat is taken. I tested malicious weapons tier 3 twist from FotW and pthf epic feat. Both work to get procs on multiple mobs when glancing.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #79 - Oct 28th, 2014 at 9:14am
Print Post  
Yeah, I had realized this myself recently and instead of blinding speed, I went THF heroic feat.  I couldn't do the epic feat as I would have to lose ptwf or pswf; which I felt more important than blinding speed.  I did not realize twisting in malicious weapons worked and may look at that option as well.  From the description, it looks like MW stacks and may be worth working into the build along with THF as a feat.
« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2014 at 9:17am by Kluege »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #80 - Oct 28th, 2014 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Oct 28th, 2014 at 9:14am:
I went THF heroic feat

Didnt notice that thf feat could be taken along with swf. Thought they were exclusive. Thx.

Also, Meteor has never proc'd for me in orb slot yet. I r disappoint

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #81 - Oct 28th, 2014 at 10:58am
Print Post  
I may be misremembering since I have not played that toon for a couple weeks.  Maybe I swapped out, I cannot remember.  I just remember picking up THF as a feat swap with Fred and I dropped blinding speed as well.  I'll check again over the weekend when I have time to play.  Been focusing on my twf build atm.

The orb thing definitely worked as I was using the meteoric star in a lower level orb while running heroic quests.  I think in an elite version of the one in from GH.  Using Greensteel Lite II BS at the time.
« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2014 at 11:00am by Kluege »  

IP Logged

3000 Year Old Necromancer
Korthos Resident

TNT knows Drama!

Reply #82 - Oct 28th, 2014 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 28th, 2014 at 10:42am:
Also, Meteor has never proc'd for me in orb slot yet. I r disappoint

Me either. Replaced with a combustion gem.

Skoodge wrote on Nov 4th, 2014 at 5:32am:
A good joke is like a good recipe.  Try using a little less butthurt next time, it throws off the flavor Wink

GermanicusMaximus wrote on Aug 17th, 2014 at 3:52pm:
Why thank you, although I needed no affirmation of that fact from anyone, and certainly not from some sad, fat fuck who is a DDO fanboi.

Having said that, I am a Time Warner stockholder, and every  bit of profit that can be wrung out of Turbine has a chance of increasing my dividend check. As such, I would encourage you to continue spending money on DDO as you attempt to offset the wretched reality that is your life.

Just for your information, not all companies optimize their business operations to maximize current profits. Amazon, for example, is much more interested in increasing its market share at the expense of current profits.

You would know these kinds of things if you were anyone who mattered, but clearly you aren't.

Now, be a good little fanboi and toddle off to the Turbine forums where you can get your daily dose of Cordo ass kissing done.

Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #83 - Oct 28th, 2014 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
3000 Year Old Necromancer wrote on Oct 28th, 2014 at 1:17pm:
Me either. Replaced with a combustion gem.

Yep. have a set up on fleshie pally with 100 universal spell power as the tier one on a thunderfroged orb and using FoT gloves. Slotted orb with combustion.  FoT ring for imp deception and charisma replaces loss of backstabbers. Ring of stalker for pswf on manslayer and insightful sneak attack. Now just need that quiver.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #84 - Oct 28th, 2014 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
I definitely had procs at the lower levels since I would see the flamestrike hit. 

For Thunderforged (lvl 28) I moved the gem into some of my TF weapons.  I took off the FoT gloves and put the 150 devotion tier 1 and Healing Lore Tier 3 on the orb to free up the gloves spot for the Sanctified Gages from MoD. Slotted combustion as well on the Orb as well.

This satisfied the healing boosts lost from the gloves as well as all the nice benefits from the Sanctified Gages (Umd, damage, extra smites/regen, deadly, Dispell guard). Kind of hard for a melee paladin to not use these.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #85 - Oct 28th, 2014 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
Have a different gear set up. I feel like I do more dps on this set up. But I could be wrong, cos math ;p

12 seeker, 10 deadly, 100 universal spell power(heals and consecrated ground), thunderstruck and manslayer rings. Over 17 seeker, 11 deadly and 2d6 light per hit.

Kluege wrote on Oct 28th, 2014 at 2:26pm:
Umd,

High charisma score, gh on epic necro boots, and mentau's goggles give me the umd.

damage

cant really replace this. Im using ring of stalker and thunderstruck ring.

extra smites/regen

not something I want over other options.

deadly,

Using deadly of accuracy 10/10cloak. This drops my max seeker from +17( ee wgu ring+eveningstar cloak) to +12 from necro goggles and deadly by 1 less.

Dispell guard

This seems interesting, but im not sure what applications it has. Mostly because of my ignorance on the mechanic.

Hamp is covered by +20/parry 4 bracers and epic abbot necklace. Last is Epic Emerald Gaze on helm slot.

« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2014 at 5:14pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #86 - Oct 29th, 2014 at 2:01am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 28th, 2014 at 10:42am:
Didnt notice that thf feat could be taken along with swf. Thought they were exclusive. Thx.

Spent a bit of time jiggling things with Fred and can't get them both. There's a check that happens when you slot one at level up so maybe lag in the middle of that would do it on a level where you get two feats.

Without THF it looks like the only way to get weapon effects on B-word glancing in heroic is Arty sploosh. I mean splash. Which might not be terrible if you take it for traps and umd if you're unconcerned about evasion anyway.

Also, if you take the enhancements Great Weapon Aptitude and Angry Arms Fred will reset your enhancements if you remove THF. I think the warning about this eats astral shards if you say "No." I didn't notice it happening but after I screwed around a bit I noticed I was missing some AS.

I'd love a workaround if anybody finds one. Hopefully Turbine will soon implement THF for rangers as a choice of feat trees.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #87 - Oct 29th, 2014 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Dispell guard casts dispell (lvl 27 I think) on the mob stripping some buffs they have.

I like the gloves.  I get the extra light damage and all the mods are in one spot and I can easily work around and better the stats from the FoT gloves.  I get regen from BoTR out of Fleshmakers and my orb gets better healing stats.  Universal Spell Power I thought did not stack with augments to individual spells, correct?  So, my orb with 150 to devotion and 22 to crit is way better than the gloves.

Plus, I can still wear thunderstruck ring/necklace.  I just like the eidloons for the con/dex.  I was just really comparing the FoT gloves vs my orb/gloves set up which accomplished more IMHO.
« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2014 at 10:36am by Kluege »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #88 - Oct 29th, 2014 at 10:26am
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Oct 29th, 2014 at 9:42am:
  Universal Spell Power I thought did not stack with augments to individual spells, correct?  So, my orb with 150 to devotion and 22 to crit is way better than the gloves.

It does not stack, but your orb can replace heal lore with draconic reinvigoration. placing healing lore on gloves with devotion. I did 100 universal for meteor ruby(thought would work, but it isnt proccing for me) in orb and makes up for not slotting combustion
« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2014 at 10:31am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #89 - Oct 29th, 2014 at 10:40am
Print Post  
I think that is what I am saying... I take off FoT gloves and put devotion 150 and crit 22% (tiers 1 and 3) on the orb and slot red augment with combustion.  That leaves my gloves slot open for the Sanctified Gages.

I need the mythic helm with the 11 str and +4 exceptional and I think this toon will be set for gear.   I can also put in the thunderstruck items easily enough, but would lose Eieloons Necklace there...  just some HP for damage swap I guess, but I can sort of make it up with +2 dex/con in colorless slots.
« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2014 at 10:41am by Kluege »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #90 - Oct 29th, 2014 at 11:18am
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Oct 29th, 2014 at 10:40am:
I think that is what I am saying.

Yes. Only reason i did 100 universal was to allow meteor on orb and not give up combustion power completely.

But this allows thunderstruck to go on ring slot and 30% hamp/ 30 sheltering on neck. issue is i give up imp deception.

If I remake orb as healing power/fort bypass/heal lore I can then wear imp deception on gloves. Giving up draconic reinvigoration.
« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2014 at 11:22am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

3000 Year Old Necromancer
Korthos Resident

TNT knows Drama!

Reply #91 - Oct 29th, 2014 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 28th, 2014 at 1:33am:
Something I hadnt realized up until last week was bastard swords and dwarven axes cannot proc weapon effects on glances unless thf feat is taken. I tested malicious weapons tier 3 twist from FotW and pthf epic feat. Both work to get procs on multiple mobs when glancing.

If this is the case. Would it be better to go to Kopesh for 1st lifers ?

Skoodge wrote on Nov 4th, 2014 at 5:32am:
A good joke is like a good recipe.  Try using a little less butthurt next time, it throws off the flavor Wink

GermanicusMaximus wrote on Aug 17th, 2014 at 3:52pm:
Why thank you, although I needed no affirmation of that fact from anyone, and certainly not from some sad, fat fuck who is a DDO fanboi.

Having said that, I am a Time Warner stockholder, and every  bit of profit that can be wrung out of Turbine has a chance of increasing my dividend check. As such, I would encourage you to continue spending money on DDO as you attempt to offset the wretched reality that is your life.

Just for your information, not all companies optimize their business operations to maximize current profits. Amazon, for example, is much more interested in increasing its market share at the expense of current profits.

You would know these kinds of things if you were anyone who mattered, but clearly you aren't.

Now, be a good little fanboi and toddle off to the Turbine forums where you can get your daily dose of Cordo ass kissing done.

Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #92 - Oct 29th, 2014 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
I understand where you are coming from.  I do not have the Epic Abbot necklace, so my sheltering is only 24.  However, I think it is kind of splitting hairs with all the gear set ups since really, there is only so much you can do before it is overkill....  I mean, not dying in EE solo is pretty much the end point at the moment with this game.  I like this build a lot better than anything else I am playing atm and really hope they dont mess with the mechanics.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #93 - Oct 29th, 2014 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
3000 Year Old Necromancer wrote on Oct 29th, 2014 at 12:13pm:
If this is the case. Would it be better to go to Kopesh for 1st lifers ?

Unsure. If you have tier 3/tier 2/ tier 1 then those are enough to twist Malicious/Legendary Shield Mastery/Cocoon. Or give up 5% doublestrike on p2wf for 10% more glancing damage and glancing thunderforge procs with pthf.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #94 - Oct 30th, 2014 at 12:49am
Print Post  
Thunderstruck ring?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #95 - Oct 30th, 2014 at 1:13am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 30th, 2014 at 12:49am:
Thunderstruck ring?

Yes. From storm horns end reward.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #96 - Oct 30th, 2014 at 1:18am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 30th, 2014 at 1:13am:
Yes. From storm horns end reward.

Oh, that ring.

Yeah I was wondering what to slot there. A bunch of my rings are obsolete with orchard gear in play.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #97 - Oct 30th, 2014 at 1:35am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 29th, 2014 at 12:40pm:
Unsure. If you have tier 3/tier 2/ tier 1 then those are enough to twist Malicious/Legendary Shield Mastery/Cocoon. Or give up 5% doublestrike on p2wf for 10% more glancing damage and glancing thunderforge procs with pthf.

If you stay in DC all the time then I suggest you take PTHF feat together with PSWF. You don't want to waste a twist on Malicious weaponers when it only gives +9% procs on glancing blows. Twists would look like: Sense weakness, Haste boost, extra action boost.

However, if you are in LD all the time then I suggest you take PTWF instead. You can easily twist Malicious Weapons and whatever else you desire.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #98 - Oct 30th, 2014 at 4:17am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Oct 30th, 2014 at 1:35am:
Sense weakness, Haste boost, extra action boost.

Alex DeLarge wrote on Oct 30th, 2014 at 1:35am:
Sense weakness, Haste boost, extra action boost.

Makes sense in DC to not have Legendary Shield Mastery because of righteous zeal. Is a loss of 20prr, but not major. I never use extra action boost twist and wouldnt give up cocoon for it. Sense Weakness is good. Haste boost is my tier 3 on a pure, the alt has 2 rogue levels and spent ap in TA for haste boost.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #99 - Oct 30th, 2014 at 6:35am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 30th, 2014 at 4:17am:
I never use extra action boost twist and wouldnt give up cocoon for it.

Haha, I run BF pally.

Just yesterday when I was at cap I went in and solo'd EE WGU on it. Extremely powerful, very fast, even the pillars take very short time to beat. Then right when I was about to finish and receive my loot, I dc'ed.
I log back in to find out that I was forced out to eveningstar. Got only completion, no checking time, no loot. I was super pissed. I think the time was smth less than 30 min. Can't tell for sure.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint