Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Caster build ideas? (Read 10383 times)
Angry
Puppy Farmer

Re: Caster build ideas?
Reply #25 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 7:01am
Print Post  
I have seen ppl play them. Then I tell them I'm not going to heal them. Same with the fleshy non pm wizard

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #26 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 8:01am
Print Post  
Well, I must say I got inspired and TRd my 2Monk/18 Evoker Druid (with Sorc and Wiz PLs) into a Drow pure Air Specced Sorceror...pots, ham and UMD wands/scrolls is sufficient for Heroic. 

At level 6 with Force of Personality, Insightful Reflexes, PL Wizard and one Arcane EPL for Arcane Alacrity.

bzzzzz  pewpew bzzzzz pewpewpew bzzzzz pewpewpewpewpewpewpew MURICUH!

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #27 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 8:08am
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Oct 20th, 2014 at 5:19am:
and that one dude on Orien.

I like to play fleshie sorc quite offten, but im not maining it even tho id say im pretty skilfull as sorc air/fleshie.
Personally im a melle oriented player in ddo but in pen a caster.
Tho il prolly be sorc fleshie after im done with last 5-6 ep plifes for 3xall. (it is extremely powerful and one of best zerging ee builds if played right imo but the issue is "IF played right")
Between cocoon scrolls card pots and constant cc and ability to nuke enemies before they do any harm at all there is mos tof the times apsolutely no need to heal at all.

Issue is people dont know how powerful solid cc is and look only at the i cant recon side of fleshie sorc
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2014 at 9:19am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #28 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 10:02am
Print Post  
Also, I don't have maxed out destinies and fate points on every character.  I have 14 toons on Khyber.

First Lifers
2 vet2 bank mules
1 iconic spot for running with guildies at 15+ that gets recylced
2Ftr/2Rog/13 Bard Helf
2Pal/6Monk/10Fighter BF
20 Ranger

2nd Lifer
2Monk/18 WF Wiz with 1 Wiz PL

Legend Toons @ various Epic Levels w/o maxed EDs but have enough to dip into some Twists.
20 Monk with 2 Monk PLs
2Monk/18 FVS with 2 FVS PLs
2Monk/18 Druid with 1 Cleric PL
2Ftr/2Rog/16Arti with 2 Rogue and 2 Arti PLs
14 WF Rogue with 1 Rogue and 1 Fighter PLs

2Ftr/6Cleric/12Ranger/8Epic Sun Elf Completionist +2 Ranger lives with maxed destines, and 2 EPLs CotQ x2 and Karma maxed on all spheres which is my "main"

And my current alt is the 6 Drow Sorceror that will take a few trips through the spheres but yeah should be a blast.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 11:27am
Print Post  
For a FvS caster is Pure the way to go assuming I want wings and dont feel like spamming a MM SLA? 18/2 Monk for evasion and wis stance better?

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #30 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
My  2Monk/18FVS was created before PRR/MRR and havn't played him in a couple months but was fun and survivable as hell.   He was a pure FVS drow in first life 4+ years ago when raids needed dedicated healers with Max Cha/16 Con and a smattering in Wisdom (not sure why, at the time I hadn't yet realized with DC casting it was all or nothing) and I always found it quite survivable without evasion with a couple shield mastery feats.  Ended up being awesome to play with EDs and light focused casting.

There doesn't seem to be a clear winner in my mind between the survivability of 20FVS Heavy Armor PRR/MRR, 40/45 Resist Items, Elemental Absorb Items and Prot from Elements
and a 2Monk/18FVS.

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 10:20am
Print Post  
I didnt see any DC casting builds for FvS, is that pretty much dead for endgame content as a divine caster? The Tank Fvs was pretty appealing as it still has some solid direct dmg.  Been out of the game to long to know this stuff x.x

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #32 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
livefreeordie wrote on Oct 21st, 2014 at 10:20am:
I didnt see any DC casting builds for FvS, is that pretty much dead for endgame content as a divine caster?

There are two necro Divines on my server worth a damn (that I know of).  The rest have gone the way of the dodo. 

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #33 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Oct 18th, 2014 at 10:17am:
This fleshy sorc talk is always fun.
Yet noone plays them, except few on the forums, DrPeppero, Kokaisa and that that Argo guy.

Noone on Ghallanda. Literally. Not in quests, not in raids.

A Wizard with a 430ish Fire Spell Power does very well in that style, and can have DC 75+ Wail.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #34 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
livefreeordie wrote on Oct 21st, 2014 at 10:20am:
I didnt see any DC casting builds for FvS, is that pretty much dead for endgame content as a divine caster?

My guildie plays a completionist + 3x caster lives pure dc fvs. He can solo most ee's.. I've seen him solo belly, tor, lines of supply etc. (solo with me piking in the quest, lol).

I played a 1 cleric/ 19 fvs morninglord dc caster, that I zerged solo'd elite gh and vale on, and then ran some ee's on. I know others that have done the same split.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Oct 21st, 2014 at 6:46pm:
My guildie plays a completionist + 3x caster lives pure dc fvs. He can solo most ee's.. I've seen him solo belly, tor, lines of supply etc. (solo with me piking in the quest, lol).

I played a 1 cleric/ 19 fvs morninglord dc caster, that I zerged solo'd elite gh and vale on, and then ran some ee's on. I know others that have done the same split.

Few DC based FvS on server that land Implosion or Necro spells on ees. Aside Osi, Art, Aname. Dont know of any others.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #36 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 4:04am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 21st, 2014 at 6:51pm:
Few DC based FvS on server that land Implosion or Necro spells on ees. Aside Osi, Art, Aname. Dont know of any others.

Demon, Intha and Fts also play one. IIRC 84 wisdom was the number they're reaching

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 10:32am
Print Post  
Thanks for the input, do you know of anywhere they summarize (or detail) their builds? I wont be completionist, but will have a wiz, fvs, 2x sorc past lives, and probably going to do a Sunelf next, but having a build idea to work towards would be nice.

Tk

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #38 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 3:50am
Print Post  
/2 monk. figure out the rest

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]