Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) The Trees Shall Rise Again (Read 233831 times)
Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Re: The Trees Shall Rise Again
Reply #150 - Jan 12th, 2015 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
Brac wrote on Jan 12th, 2015 at 7:43pm:
Are there any problems/issues with using supreme cleave or eldritch strike in tree form?

I had no issues with eldritch strike.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

obamacare
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #151 - Jan 12th, 2015 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Jan 12th, 2015 at 3:24pm:
I find the things that lead to death are when there are champions in the mix, specifically the ones that have their damage amplified and they hit for 400-500 per hit... even at 1200 hit points, you can go down quickly.

you may want to use this innate ability before starting a dangerous battle with some champions.

Primal Travel: Active (1 min cooldown)
You quickly jump backwards several times.
For the next 12 seconds you gain +10 primal bonus to tumble
and 50% primal bonus to dodge (ignoring your maximum dodge). Costs 1 Spirit.
(also can use in tree form)
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2015 at 11:46pm by obamacare »  

IP Logged

Arbitoroflife
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #152 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 8:52am
Print Post  
Question regarding tree from, does it matter having a damage mod on the weapon? Like say you have a bow equipped, but dont have Bow Str, when it changes to Tree form, does it also change to where it adds STR modifier to damage?

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #153 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 9:18am
Print Post  
Arbitoroflife wrote on Jan 13th, 2015 at 8:52am:
Question regarding tree from, does it matter having a damage mod on the weapon? Like say you have a bow equipped, but dont have Bow Str, when it changes to Tree form, does it also change to where it adds STR modifier to damage?

No, this also makes many druids sad when they realize that they can't make use of flameblades in animal forms.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Arbitoroflife
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #154 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 9:32am
Print Post  
The guy from the youtube videos made a new one, of him wielding a bow, and critting for 20k, trying to figure out what he changed.

IP Logged

ElAndroide
Korthos Resident

I Love ... Experiments!!

Reply #155 - Jan 14th, 2015 at 7:14am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jan 13th, 2015 at 9:18am:
No, this also makes many druids sad when they realize that they can't make use of flameblades in animal forms.

This is just my speculation, but, Longbows with Zen Archery are centered weapons. And yes, I think if you have, let's say, wisdom 60, and zen archery, and, in your human form you have a bow in your hand, you apply a +25 to hit, even if you dont attack with your bow on the tree form (you attack unarmed).

I dont know if there is a bow with a WIS damage mod, but, there is a mace : Forgotten Light. Something like that, WIS maximized toon for AC, to-hit and damage. I guess that should be the concept.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #156 - Jan 14th, 2015 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
ElAndroide wrote on Jan 14th, 2015 at 7:14am:
This is just my speculation, but, Longbows with Zen Archery are centered weapons. And yes, I think if you have, let's say, wisdom 60, and zen archery, and, in your human form you have a bow in your hand, you apply a +25 to hit, even if you dont attack with your bow on the tree form (you attack unarmed).

I dont know if there is a bow with a WIS damage mod, but, there is a mace : Forgotten Light. Something like that, WIS maximized toon for AC, to-hit and damage. I guess that should be the concept.

Not so sure about that, he is using a thunderforged bow.
My bet is that when he swaps from wraps to bow to scroll to bow to wraps, something happens to transfer bow criti multiplifer to tree form.
Since as said, its a thunderforged bow hes using, and he is using wraps swap in and out.

Also from his hp, you can clearly see he is stil con based so he doesnt have 50 wisdom etc.
Its his basic build, but has smthn to do with crit multis stacking imo and prolly the wraps swap in out

IP Logged

obamacare
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #157 - Jan 14th, 2015 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 14th, 2015 at 2:56pm:
My bet is that when he swaps from wraps to bow to scroll to bow to wraps, something happens to transfer bow criti multiplifer to tree form.

i just tried it several times as you said but no change in the 19-20 crit dmg was seen.
your guess may be wrong a little  Sad

IP Logged

Arbitoroflife
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #158 - Jan 15th, 2015 at 10:17am
Print Post  
I tried several different things to see how he was dealing that much damage with a bow, tried adding bow str, that didnt change anything.
Went into cleric warpriest, and with diety weapon set to bow, i got all the enhancements to increase the bow, even getting inflame, and still couldnt get my damage up that high.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #159 - Jan 15th, 2015 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Arbitoroflife wrote on Jan 15th, 2015 at 10:17am:
I tried several different things to see how he was dealing that much damage with a bow, tried adding bow str, that didnt change anything.
Went into cleric warpriest, and with diety weapon set to bow, i got all the enhancements to increase the bow, even getting inflame, and still couldnt get my damage up that high.

Keep in mind that giant is helpless and that there is a high chance of him using sense as well, would not be surprised if he got no mercy either
« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2015 at 11:42am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Brac
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #160 - Jan 15th, 2015 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Am I correct that the weapon type, crit multiplier, base dame, etc, none of that matters in tree?  If so, should I just be using whatever weapon I have that has the most procs or slots for procs in my main hand?  I have been using celestia and it seems good but I am wondering if I should be trying to get a different weapon.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #161 - Jan 15th, 2015 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Been kind of on another break, read the thread and build looks intriguing.  Someone mind telling me how a 12 fvs 5 druid 3 barbarian would work?

You get the awesome run speed, supreme cleave and some melee power from barb, the drui enhancements for alpha strike and some combat buffs, and the fvs for the archon to keep the stacks up and self buff/heal.

I could see ap def being a problem though.

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #162 - Jan 15th, 2015 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Jan 15th, 2015 at 2:55pm:
Been kind of on another break, read the thread and build looks intriguing.  Someone mind telling me how a 12 fvs 5 druid 3 barbarian would work?

You get the awesome run speed, supreme cleave and some melee power from barb, the drui enhancements for alpha strike and some combat buffs, and the fvs for the archon to keep the stacks up and self buff/heal.

No access to best dps move (centered whirlwind)
Alpha strike doesn't work in tree.
No aura to generate spirit (you want to have a steady spirit generator between fights not just during).

In short, wouldn't work.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #163 - Jan 15th, 2015 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Jan 15th, 2015 at 2:55pm:

The base of the build relies on 5 cleric for maximum tree time and Whirlwind is giving 4-7 hits. 360 aoe. Each roll for possible crits. With aura ticking constantly going in and out of form stretches spirit further than other classes would allow. Although the original build of 12 mnk 5 clr 3 pally is the best split, that doesnt mean it cant be tailored for a past life other than monk. The loss of around +15 to saves and LoH is big(LoH more than saves) but not as detrimental to the build as losing Whirlwind and Aura.

Something I noticed when playing tree was going out of tree form when spirit got down to around under 15 allows me to always have form up when wanted.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #164 - Jan 15th, 2015 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 15th, 2015 at 4:28pm:
The base of the build relies on 5 cleric for maximum tree time and Whirlwind is giving 4-7 hits. 360 aoe. Each roll for possible crits. With aura ticking constantly going in and out of form stretches spirit further than other classes would allow. Although the original build of 12 mnk 5 clr 3 pally is the best split, that doesnt mean it cant be tailored for a past life other than monk. The loss of around +15 to saves and LoH is big(LoH more than saves) but not as detrimental to the build as losing Whirlwind and Aura.

Something I noticed when playing tree was going out of tree form when spirit got down to around under 15 allows me to always have form up when wanted.

Yea wasn't aware alpha strike didn't work in tree form since it says it does.  In that case ill prolly just do wizard with death aura over savant since 5 cleric is literally shit.

IP Logged

Arbitoroflife
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #165 - Jan 15th, 2015 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 15th, 2015 at 11:41am:
Keep in mind that giant is helpless and that there is a high chance of him using sense as well, would not be surprised if he got no mercy either

Dancing doesnt give helpless.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #166 - Jan 15th, 2015 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
Arbitoroflife wrote on Jan 15th, 2015 at 5:37pm:
Dancing doesnt give helpless.

Balanced does

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #167 - Jan 15th, 2015 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 15th, 2015 at 6:39pm:
Balanced does

...and surprisingly often.  A TWF can really keep something on it's butt with 1 twist.

IP Logged

Arbitoroflife
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #168 - Jan 15th, 2015 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Jan 15th, 2015 at 8:15pm:
...and surprisingly often.  A TWF can really keep something on it's butt with 1 twist.

Which twist is that?

Something i noticed, he is only showing 2 different damage types when he hit, so he likely is not actually using a thunderforge, maybe a glamered?
« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2015 at 10:41pm by Arbitoroflife »  

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #169 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 12:13am
Print Post  
Im doing 18k crits on held mobs with just handwraps...

Im sure that if you tweak the build some more you can get bigger numbers without some kinda crazy bow/scroll/wraps bug goin on.

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #170 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 12:14am
Print Post  
18k crits without damage boost...

30% legendary dreadnought damage boost would put me to 24k roughly if I was critting for max 18k before on a stunned mob?

just a thought.

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #171 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 1:58am
Print Post  
For a tree to "rise again", it must have once risen.

IP Logged

obamacare
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #172 - Jan 17th, 2015 at 3:30am
Print Post  
i noticed 'elasticity' on bow of sinew(old madness chain reward) seems to show an effect in tree form,
though explanation says 'on a ranged attack'...
perhaps it may be the mechanism.

IP Logged

Arbitoroflife
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #173 - Jan 17th, 2015 at 5:06am
Print Post  
Bingo, thats what i started using 2 days ago, and is out DPSing my mortal fear handwraps, except against non bosses with over 100k hp, those are well worth dealing 50k+ in 1 hit for.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #174 - Jan 17th, 2015 at 7:50am
Print Post  
obamacare wrote on Jan 17th, 2015 at 3:30am:
i noticed 'elasticity' on bow of sinew(old madness chain reward) seems to show an effect in tree form,
though explanation says 'on a ranged attack'...
perhaps it may be the mechanism.

Hmm so my guess that smthn from bow transfers to wraps was the correct guess.
Cool, tnx for checking.
« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2015 at 7:51am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26
Send TopicPrint