Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) The Trees Shall Rise Again (Read 233825 times)
Sid
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: The Trees Shall Rise Again
Reply #175 - Jan 18th, 2015 at 8:19am
Print Post  
Did anybody figure out how to fix the post 28 tree lag?

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #176 - Jan 18th, 2015 at 10:05am
Print Post  
CosmicCharlie wrote on Jan 16th, 2015 at 1:58am:
For a tree to "rise again", it must have once risen.

Trees could twitch fight in the past...

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #177 - Jan 22nd, 2015 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Did some testing on Lamma, and I think the final build for my tree will be 12 barb 7/6 wiz and 1/2 fighter.  Thanks for help/info in this thread!

IP Logged

Brac
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #178 - Jan 22nd, 2015 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Jan 22nd, 2015 at 12:22pm:
Did some testing on Lamma, and I think the final build for my tree will be 12 barb 7/6 wiz and 1/2 fighter.  Thanks for help/info in this thread!

First thing I notice is no cleric lvls.  Are you keeping spirit ticks up with just death aura or did you find another method that works equally as well as the healing aura?

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #179 - Jan 22nd, 2015 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Brac wrote on Jan 22nd, 2015 at 2:37pm:
First thing I notice is no cleric lvls.  Are you keeping spirit ticks up with just death aura or did you find another method that works equally as well as the healing aura?

Yep tested both and using death aura worked just as good cleric levels.

IP Logged

Brac
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #180 - Jan 22nd, 2015 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Jan 22nd, 2015 at 3:35pm:

Nice, I am going to try this next.  I have been playing modified tree builds for iconic/heroic past lives.  Was getting a little tired of the tier 5 cleric all the time.  This should be fun!

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #181 - Jan 22nd, 2015 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Brac wrote on Jan 22nd, 2015 at 3:40pm:
Nice, I am going to try this next.  I have been playing modified tree builds for iconic/heroic past lives.  Was getting a little tired of the tier 5 cleric all the time.  This should be fun!

Yea you just have to toggle zombie form on in between your zerging when you pile up mobs.  Then go to town with supreme cleaves etc and tier 5 barb will keep you up easily.  With added melee power and crit as well it does more damage than a monk variant.  Your survivability is kind of skewed, but you get to wear hvy armor.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #182 - Jan 22nd, 2015 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Jan 22nd, 2015 at 3:35pm:

Im surprised it took someone else so long to agree with me about wiz levels!

I ended up settling on 8wiz, 6fighter, 6barb. The extra feats allowed a for a lot.
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2015 at 6:43pm by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #183 - Jan 22nd, 2015 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jan 22nd, 2015 at 6:39pm:

I ended up settling on 8wiz, 6fighter, 6barb. The extra feats allowed a for a lot.

Yea I could see that working too, figured 12 barb was nice for the xtra heal amp and melee power for better healing, but more testing is needed for that.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #184 - Jan 22nd, 2015 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
i might come back to this game specifically to play as a tree.

IP Logged

ChewyOoeyGoOey
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #185 - Jan 23rd, 2015 at 12:43pm
Print Post  

Munk, would you mind posting a quick write up of your build with stats and feats?

Nvm... I think I found it  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2015 at 12:51pm by ChewyOoeyGoOey »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #186 - Jan 23rd, 2015 at 12:53pm
Print Post  

I played around on live as a cleric/wiz/monk tree to test spirit income from both sources.
Thing is, with death aura alone and consecration, you dont have enough spirit income, with cleric alone you have enough spirit.
The offensive ticks act weird, cant sustain tree with it.
With both cleri and wizz you have perma tree, issue with that was everythin else was crappy and the duration of aura is incredibly short on a 7-8 wiz split and the loss of sp is enormous.
IT is a good build for short paced quests but for longer duration ones its horrifuckin bad.

Simply put, daura really isnt good esp when  you count in extend and quicken as metas.
I got all sp plifes and gear and the sp melted to fast for my taste.
On paper it looks good, but in practice fucus on daura is horrible, esp if you count in the fact that you want to recast that displace as well.
Also keep in mind that with barb split you cant get multi whirlwind strike.
What you lose with that split is saves dodge hp and dps.

Please tell me how can that be called good.
So far monk palie cleric pulls ahead as best split due to spirit regen and it being the best defense/offense oriented split
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2015 at 12:55pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #187 - Jan 23rd, 2015 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
i got my tree completed at level 28 and it's fucking wonderful... did the Pally3/cleric5/monk 12 build.

My only concern is that it seems the easy nerf for this is for Turbine to add animations for the Wood Woad for Whirlwind, cleave, trip and sunder..  Cry

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #188 - Jan 23rd, 2015 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Jan 23rd, 2015 at 2:02pm:
My only concern is that it seems the easy nerf for this is for Turbine to add animations for the Wood Woad for Whirlwind, cleave, trip and sunder.. 

They will not yet. Build is too hard for idiots like qhualor to use properly and that limits how powerful they perceive them to be. I mean have you seen his barbs? It will only start when someone posts a youtube vid or submits a record of it. The creator was smart in that they didnt post in that thread ;p

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #189 - Jan 23rd, 2015 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 23rd, 2015 at 12:53pm:
I played around on live as a cleric/wiz/monk tree to test spirit income from both sources.
Thing is, with death aura alone and consecration, you dont have enough spirit income, with cleric alone you have enough spirit.
The offensive ticks act weird, cant sustain tree with it.
With both cleri and wizz you have perma tree, issue with that was everythin else was crappy and the duration of aura is incredibly short on a 7-8 wiz split and the loss of sp is enormous.
IT is a good build for short paced quests but for longer duration ones its horrifuckin bad.

Simply put, daura really isnt good esp when  you count in extend and quicken as metas.
I got all sp plifes and gear and the sp melted to fast for my taste.
On paper it looks good, but in practice fucus on daura is horrible, esp if you count in the fact that you want to recast that displace as well.
Also keep in mind that with barb split you cant get multi whirlwind strike.
What you lose with that split is saves dodge hp and dps.

Please tell me how can that be called good.
So far monk palie cleric pulls ahead as best split due to spirit regen and it being the best defense/offense oriented split

Well I think the split im gonna use is 8 wiz 6 fighter 6 barb.  Death aura is enough if you play the build red alert style.  You may not have the 4-5 strike whirlwind, but with this split you can still get 2-3 hits on whirlwind and 2-3 on supreme cleave.  In the long run its just as many swings at a bit less base damage.  However, you get the crit rage for 10% more threat and a substantial amount of melee power/doublestrike.  You can use the shield mastery feats and twist for 10 melee power and 15% xtra doublestrike, not to mention the fact you can easily get 250 prr in tree form with near 100 mrr as well. So while you may not have the 1 fancy whirlwind, supreme cleave def makes up for the build.

As for the spirit, that's much harder to pull off with death aura than cleric for sure, but it can be done with experience.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #190 - Jan 24th, 2015 at 2:01am
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Jan 23rd, 2015 at 3:34pm:
Well I think the split im gonna use is 8 wiz 6 fighter 6 barb.  Death aura is enough if you play the build red alert style.  You may not have the 4-5 strike whirlwind, but with this split you can still get 2-3 hits on whirlwind and 2-3 on supreme cleave.  In the long run its just as many swings at a bit less base damage.  However, you get the crit rage for 10% more threat and a substantial amount of melee power/doublestrike.  You can use the shield mastery feats and twist for 10 melee power and 15% xtra doublestrike, not to mention the fact you can easily get 250 prr in tree form with near 100 mrr as well. So while you may not have the 1 fancy whirlwind, supreme cleave def makes up for the build.

As for the spirit, that's much harder to pull off with death aura than cleric for sure, but it can be done with experience.

In case death aura had a way to work properly so that you can sustain it, and manage your sp bar in that regard /which is purely impossible trust me, try doing wgu and you wont make it til shrine without abusing eross bauble and stacks of sp pots/ i would prolly stick to some kind Monk/wiz/palie build, the dps loss from whirlwind at least to me is a bit to much, once you stack up dstrike the off hand procs with the possilbe 8 hit straight out beats sup cleave.

Big issue is that you need a full time enemy surround from aura to get spirit so you go into fight with 0 spirit unless you spam heal pots scrolls and whatever, i mean you could be in zomb form and get spirit while in non tree, but that just seems plainly stupid imo

Also that way you could pick violent beg violence which would be far more synergetic with selfdisplace super high ac from eldritch mage armor and maxed dodge imo.

But again, issue is the sp bar and the short buffs so it becomes more annoying then anything to play it.
And no matter the play experience, you cant bypass the fact that sp bar is to low and that its not that good as the initial build monk cleri palie.
I tried and tried really hard to make it work on that test build.
I managed to solo ee vons and some high tier ees totally underleveld, but the sp bar and buff handling was to annoying and requires to many resources to be pulled off.
If you are ok with sp pot spam in longer quests then the freedom of picking a better t5 is handy, i personally would go for monk one since its extremely good on tree in case violent works at i think it does
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2015 at 2:02am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #191 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 4:34am
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Jan 23rd, 2015 at 3:34pm:

So death aura yields 2 spirit a tick when you're either in zombie form or have none undead mobs around you?
The ability to use heavy armor is great and added doublestrike/prr from legendary shield mastery is awesome as well but does it really surmount to centered whirlwind? Will the cleaves doublestrike in a non centered tree form?

On a different note, did anyone check to see if momentum swing/lay waste work in tree form (using a weapon)?

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #192 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 4:39am
Print Post  
SayWhatAgain wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 4:34am:
1So death aura yields 2 spirit a tick when you're either in zombie form or have none undead mobs around you?
The ability to use heavy armor is great and added doublestrike/prr from legendary shield mastery is awesome as well 2but does it really surmount to centered whirlwind? 3Will the cleaves doublestrike in a non centered tree form?

4On a different note, did anyone check to see if momentum swing/lay waste work in tree form (using a weapon)?

1. Yes
2. imo yes, but the defences of  their own weren't enough,  its supreme cleave, tantrum and barbs extra dps that make the trade off acceptable.
3. No, you can get glancing blows though.
4. Yes, lay waste works, but momentum swing doesn't, thus rendering both useless.
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2015 at 4:42am by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #193 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 8:40am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 4:39am:
1. Yes
2. imo yes, but the defences of  their own weren't enough,  its supreme cleave, tantrum and barbs extra dps that make the trade off acceptable.
3. No, you can get glancing blows though.
4. Yes, lay waste works, but momentum swing doesn't, thus rendering both useless.

Thx for the input.
I believe the barb variation should be very viable and I might try it for interest of play but IMO centerd version will ultimately be the version I go for (no double strike on cleaves takes away a lot of the advantages of high ds in tree mode).

Got to hand it to you guys an undead zombie turning into the whomping willow is very cool and creative.
You can use the name if you like Wink

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #194 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
SayWhatAgain wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 4:34am:
So death aura yields 2 spirit a tick when you're either in zombie form or have none undead mobs around you?
The ability to use heavy armor is great and added doublestrike/prr from legendary shield mastery is awesome as well but does it really surmount to centered whirlwind? Will the cleaves doublestrike in a non centered tree form?

On a different note, did anyone check to see if momentum swing/lay waste work in tree form (using a weapon)?

Yes, death aura yields 2 ticks, so its easy to toggle the form on after killing a huge pack.

Hard to say for whirlwind.  On the variant I tested on Lammania I noticed 2-3 strikes.  It's clearly not as good as the monk variant, however supreme cleave can triple strike, and it did so about 75% of the time with the build, rest were 2 strikes.  Throw in great cleave the doublestrikes a lot as well.  I think the amount of cleaves procs work themselves out in the long run, however the monk one has a higher base damage than the barb variant.  But now you get to factor in melee power and the 10% extra crit range for your tree attacks.

Also lay waste works but cooldown is very long and momentum swing did not work in tree form.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #195 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 12:08pm:
Yes, death aura yields 2 ticks, so its easy to toggle the form on after killing a huge pack.

Hard to say for whirlwind.  On the variant I tested on Lammania I noticed 2-3 strikes.  It's clearly not as good as the monk variant, however supreme cleave can triple strike, and it did so about 75% of the time with the build, rest were 2 strikes.  Throw in great cleave the doublestrikes a lot as well.  I think the amount of cleaves procs work themselves out in the long run, however the monk one has a higher base damage than the barb variant.  But now you get to factor in melee power and the 10% extra crit range for your tree attacks.

Also lay waste works but cooldown is very long and momentum swing did not work in tree form.

If alrdy forcing wizz, just check out monk tier 5 and think about displace maxed dodge armor from eldritch and earth stance while being hit by 5-10 mobs, its basically auto crit on every whirlwind.
My brain just cant see barb being better then that
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2015 at 2:45pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Arbitoroflife
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #196 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 2:17pm:
If alrdy forcing wizz, just check out monk tier 5 and think about displace maxed dodge armor from eldritch and earth stance while being hit by 5-10 mobs, its basically auto crit on every whirlwind.

What about Empty Hand Mastery, would that increase the damage die? or would it just make out of form be 1d8, and in form 1d20?

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #197 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
Arbitoroflife wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 5:02pm:
What about Empty Hand Mastery, would that increase the damage die? or would it just make out of form be 1d8, and in form 1d20?

If it works as wolf it should increase

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #198 - Jan 26th, 2015 at 3:12am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 2:17pm:

I think only one of your attacks (first one) during whirlwind will benefit from extended crit range (violence begets violence).

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #199 - Jan 26th, 2015 at 3:16am
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 12:08pm:

Thx for your input.
That is very interesting! Did you find whirlwind/supreme cleave/great cleave/ cleave double strike while out of tree form? I get the feeling that double strike on cleaves is pretty wonky atm and I am interested in how it's like on Lama.
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2015 at 3:17am by SayWhatAgain »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26
Send TopicPrint