Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) The Trees Shall Rise Again (Read 233810 times)
Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Re: The Trees Shall Rise Again
Reply #25 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Oct 20th, 2014 at 7:09pm:
Druid is for Alpha Strike.

Yes, but dance is imo way superior, mainly saying it after using both, new dance is really good. 10 sec duration 15 cd
Also you can get that nice 90% dstrike strike for super burst vs bosses
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2014 at 7:31pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
Death Aura should work against mobs to get ticks. But healing aura works when there arent any mobs so downtime is less.

Undead form does not work in druid forms. Exclusive.

I tried somethings back on my swashbuckler in tree form. SWF and haste with haste boost didnt seem to increase tree attack speed to anything noticeable. This is where cleaves come in. One thing is they hit numbers of mobs and your tree can attack as fast as your cleaves are off timers. Including monk ki attacks. Monk speeds also help with slow tree run speed.

If lama were up we could branstorm and test everything.

Lelo could you try alpha strike and dance death on your build then report findings here, please?

Anyone on a wizard could test death aura and see if it builds spirit easily enough?

Another thing, exploit weakness doesnt work while in druid forms. That isnt feasible. Violence Begets Violence works, but that is tier 5.

« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2014 at 11:47pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #27 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 12:12am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 20th, 2014 at 11:44pm:
Death Aura should work against mobs to get ticks. But healing aura works when there arent any mobs so downtime is less.

Meh, Healing aura locks you into cleric (shit), radiant servant (shit) and Healing aura (shit t5).

If there aren't mobs around your woad form isn't going to last, wiz 7 atleast offers alot more imo than cleric does.

With each spirit proc (buff, offensive cast and melee hit) being limited to once every 3 seconds, you're better off casting cocoon on others that going cleric.

Rubbinns wrote on Oct 20th, 2014 at 11:44pm:
Anyone on a wizard could test death aura and see if it builds spirit easily enough?

I did it for a while, it was enough to cover the 1 offensive spell proc per 3 seconds.
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2014 at 12:14am by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #28 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 12:24am
Print Post  
What's the cooldown on Tantrum?  Frenzied Berserker looks like it may offer 2 cleaves in the one tree.

Focused Wrath would also be great in woad form.
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2014 at 12:25am by Munkenmo »  

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 12:34am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Oct 21st, 2014 at 12:12am:
Meh, Healing aura locks you into cleric (shit), radiant servant (shit) and Healing aura (shit t5)

That is my major gripe with it.

If there aren't mobs around your woad form isn't going to last

With healing aura spirit ticks at all times. Not just with mobs there.

With each spirit proc (buff, offensive cast and melee hit) being limited to once every 3 seconds, you're better off casting cocoon on others that going cleric.

I was testing on my pally and cmw builds up faster than clw for some reason that I am unaware of. Cocoon on myself didnt give spirit on ticks unless I was under full hp.

I did it for a while, it was enough to cover the 1 offensive spell proc per 3 seconds.

Thank you.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #30 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 1:33am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 21st, 2014 at 12:34am:
cmw builds up faster than clw for some reason

CLW can be cast every 2 seconds, CMW can be cast every 3 seconds, you get only 1-2 spirits every 3 seconds.

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #31 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 3:38am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 21st, 2014 at 12:34am:
Cocoon on myself didnt give spirit on ticks unless I was under full hp.

Does supreme cleave cost hp even when it doesn't hit a mob? If so you could use it to keep your hp less than full.

How funny would it be if that hp hit or the vicious from frenzied berzerker triggered spirit?

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #32 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 5:05am
Print Post  
Why i suggested ranger was cuz of the sla from tree, lesser vigor, it should act as incrementer for healing part.
But you get limited uses hmm..
Will try alpha and dance tho

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #33 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 5:07am
Print Post  
gibbon wrote on Oct 21st, 2014 at 3:38am:
Does supreme cleave cost hp even when it doesn't hit a mob? If so you could use it to keep your hp less than full.

How funny would it be if that hp hit or the vicious from frenzied berzerker triggered spirit?

Oh maybe vampiric bond thing does?
How about healing mark from monk?

So far, again even tho i really like ranger tree, those couple  uses of lesser vigor arent enough.
Back to druid barb wizz,
death aura can keep up offensive ticks, vigors can keep up the healing ones/with cocoon, sup cleave will keep up the most of offensive and i guess that yea alpha strike.
Leaves you with regular cleave, sup cleave, great cleave, alpha strike for resets,
Munk wrote idea bout whirl, but coulndt we drop whirlwind for the sake of more feats?
Needs to be tested in gameplay if cleave can handle it alone hmm..

TRied dance, but issue is even tho it gives more aoe it does only one reset
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2014 at 5:17am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 5:57am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Oct 21st, 2014 at 5:07am:
Munk wrote idea bout whirl, but coulndt we drop whirlwind for the sake of more feats?

The top dps version would have both whirlwind and alpha strike to hit 4 times with each attack.

Lelouch wrote on Oct 21st, 2014 at 5:07am:
vigors can keep up the healing ones/with cocoon

Consecrated ground can be cast while in tree form. It is 2 twists, but other than lay on hands or healing aura, it is a viable way to heal yourself anytime.

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
His healing aura is gaining him 2 spirits every 3 seconds (even when no mobs are around).
So it seems bugged in a way that it counts for both offensive casting and self buffing (he casts no offensive spells).

So by just keeping aura up and attacking stuff he is getting back max spirit (3 per second). I think that's the big deal behind healing aura.

Regarding ranger...
Meh, attack speed is so slow and cleaves don't benefit from dance of death so it is of no benefit imo.

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
Alpha strike doesn't work in tree form.
Not in actual practice.
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2014 at 6:29pm by SayWhatAgain »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
SayWhatAgain wrote on Oct 21st, 2014 at 6:21pm:
Not in actual practice.

You tested this? And it will not allow it? Gives error message?

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #38 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
SayWhatAgain wrote on Oct 21st, 2014 at 6:21pm:
Not in actual practice.

Cool, in that case i'd go: Fighter, Barb, Wiz = Whirlwind, cleave, great cleave, supreme cleave, Eldritch Strike & Tantrum.

I'd pick up t5 in frenzied berserker cause I think tantrum is a cleave. (has anyone tested this yet?)

Helf: 6fighter/8wiz/6barb (elf for arcane fluidity)
Feats:
7 Heroic: dodge, mobility, spring attack, whirlwind, CE, ICrit, Improved trip (it's a pre req for tantrum in frenzied berserker)
4 fighter: Power attack, cleave, great cleave, 2HF
2 wiz: Quicken, Extend.
3 epic:  OC, I2HF, G2HF
2 ED: P2WF, P2HF
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2014 at 8:02pm by Munkenmo »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
Leaning towards 9 monk, 5 cleric, 6 fighter. Fighter for the feats, monk for imp evasion and incorp 25%. Morninglord.

Quote:
Aura of Radiance: The light of Amaunator shines perpetually upon you, protecting you and damaging those who would do you harm. You gain a light shield effect that deals 2d6/2d8/2d10 light damage to enemies each time they attack you in melee. This applies to enemy misses as well as hits. You also gain a +3/+6/+9 sacred bonus to Armor Class against attacks from shadows and other undead creatures.

If that works then it serves as another cheap spirit generator.

Quote:
Rejuvenation of Dawn: Activate: Heals 10,000 hit point damage, and removes all ability damage, death penalty effects, negative levels, and the conditions blinded, dazed, deafened, diseased, exhausted, fatigued, feebleminded, insanity, nauseated, poisoned, and stunned.
This ability can be used once per rest.

Tier 2: This ability can be used on yourself or an ally, and you get an additional use per rest. (Cooldown: 3 minutes)

Might work as emergency heal button while in tree form. LoH does and thinking this may as well.

Another ability that fire foot mentioned is :
Quote:
Sweeping Strikes: Melee Quarterstaff Trip Attack: Deals +1/+2/+3[W] damage to all nearby enemies and trips them. (Balance DC 10 + Half Rogue Level + Dexterity Modifier Negates trip). Cooldown: 30/25/20 seconds

Giving up fighter for that might be fine if it works as it is pretty much another cleave. Someone with 3 rogue levels would need to test this in tree form.

If going wizard splashed then eldritch strike looks promising. Quote:
Eldritch Tempest: Activate: Perform a spinning melee attack, dealing weapon damage +2[W] to all nearby enemies and knocking them prone for 1 second. (Activation Cost: 50/40/30 Spell points. Cooldown: 60/45/30 seconds)
If any foes are struck by Eldritch Tempest, your weapon also releases an explosion of magical force, dealing an additional 1d6 Force damage per character level to all nearby enemies. This additional force damage is affected by your spell power.

Someone with 5 wizard levels would need to test this in tree form.

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 1:42am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 21st, 2014 at 6:49pm:
You tested this? And it will not allow it? Gives error message?

Precisely.

I tried different weapon combo's before going tree as well just to check (no weapons, wraps, swf, twf) and still in tree form I kept getting the same error message.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #41 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 3:47am
Print Post  
Unless you pick monk for ki strikes i would totally skip on it, defense from for example fighter stance is way superior.
If alrdy cleric hmm.
I dont know, you need constant influx of spirit via healing as well, aura works well, but you can keep it up with druid over time heals as well, i personally prefer druid barb wizz combo, but lets wait for now and see what they will propose for barb changes.
They said at end of this week

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 4:37am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Oct 22nd, 2014 at 3:47am:
Unless you pick monk for ki strikes i would totally skip on it, defense from for example fighter stance is way superior.
If alrdy cleric hmm.
I dont know, you need constant influx of spirit via healing as well, aura works well, but you can keep it up with druid over time heals as well, i personally prefer druid barb wizz combo, but lets wait for now and see what they will propose for barb changes.
They said at end of this week

Monk may be a must have.
Unarmed combat is currently the only fighting style that enables whirlwind to hit everything around you several times (for any other fighting style it is awful). Couldn't test and see if tree whirlwind mechanic is independent of wraps and unarmed combat since my only toon with whirlwind is a retired 16/2/2 monk.

The trouble with Druid heals over time is that you don't get spirits from those unless your toon is injured and being healed by them. You want your spirits to stack up between fights and can't comfortably do that with heals over time though supreme cleave with the 3 sec cd is an option as well as equipping 2 uncleansed gs items (latter is far from ideal).

IP Logged

Fiery Foot
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 4:53am
Print Post  
Whirlwind works in Animal forms, and tree spirit.  My big bear didn't it for a while, but on that build I had to give up to much to get it, but yes whirlwind did work in the wild forms, and tree.

So you don't have to take monk levels unless you want them.

fun thread.

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 5:11am
Print Post  
Quote:
Whirlwind works in Animal forms, and tree spirit.  My big bear didn't it for a while, but on that build I had to give up to much to get it, but yes whirlwind did work in the wild forms, and tree.

So you don't have to take monk levels unless you want them.

fun thread.

Question isn't wether whirlwind works in tree due to monk levels or not. The question is wether whirlwind in tree works the same way as it does for unarmed combat (hits everything around you 4-5 times b4 double strike) and not like the other fighting styles (that spin you around twice but hit everything once).

Can you confirm that it does or doesn't?

IP Logged

Five Fiery Steps
Ex Member

Reply #45 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 7:32am
Print Post  
yup it does, sorry I was clear!

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #46 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 11:44am
Print Post  
gibbon wrote on Oct 21st, 2014 at 3:38am:

SayWhatAgain wrote on Oct 22nd, 2014 at 4:37am:
supreme cleave with the 3 sec cd is an option as well as equipping 2 uncleansed gs items (latter is far from ideal)

How much fun would it be to work a Golem Heart into this setup? Kind of like a poor man's Consecrate, kludged together with False Life.

Edit: Or that shitty Bliss in Radiant Servant. Or Aid. Or if you take Eldritch Tempest, just add Eldritch Shield.

You could also use the Pale Master SLAs to keep your HP less than full, even if you can't be an undead tree.

Damn, these ideas are shitty. But I'm having fun thinking them up anyway Smiley  The ultimate "WTF would you do that?" build.
« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2014 at 12:20pm by Revaulting »  

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #47 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
I wonder if a fire elemental druid can become a woad. And still have body of sun on. vigor + body of sun together could get you damage ticks and healing ticks (if you're under 100% hp), plus it would have the advantage of a druid becoming an avatar of nature in all its fury!

Prolly call a storm, too. Just because.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
Quote:
yup it does

Interesting. That could in theory allow a substitute for monk splashing. However, the ki attacks are very useful they can hit up to 3 times in wolf form and 4 times as human. Might be that they can triplestrike in tree form with g2wf and enough doublestrike?

The other thing is that the ki attacks give trees an attack when cleave, grt cleave and whirlwind are on cooldown and do not require an AP or feat payment.

Monks also increase the (w) of trees. An extra 6 or so 1d20s is no small thing.
« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2014 at 2:26pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 2:17am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 22nd, 2014 at 2:24pm:
Interesting. That could in theory allow a substitute for monk splashing. However, the ki attacks are very useful they can hit up to 3 times in wolf form and 4 times as human. Might be that they can triplestrike in tree form with g2wf and enough doublestrike?

The other thing is that the ki attacks give trees an attack when cleave, grt cleave and whirlwind are on cooldown and do not require an AP or feat payment.

Monks also increase the (w) of trees. An extra 6 or so 1d20s is no small thing.

All good points.
The elemental attacks are especially important vs single target.
The more I think about it the more the original build seems optimal.

Cleric for aura, monk for feats, [w], stance, elemental strikes and synergy with whirlwind while out of tree form.
Fighter and Pali offer a lot for a third splash.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26
Send TopicPrint