Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) The Trees Shall Rise Again (Read 233762 times)
Tilo
Ex Member

Re: The Trees Shall Rise Again
Reply #375 - Oct 15th, 2015 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
Too soon... lets let the series of nerfs happen first.

I'm so ready to double down on dps though.
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2015 at 1:31am by »  

IP Logged

DnD
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #376 - Oct 16th, 2015 at 8:38am
Print Post  
So far 10F/7W/3B loses:

- 6MP
- Some PRR
- Some more MRR

I think it can take the hit to MP and PRR but MRR will be a little annoying.

Non-completionist (or even completionists?) may take this one though:

Heavy Armor Master
Requires Fighter Level 10
You gain +9 Physical Resistance Rating and Magical Resistance Rating while wearing heavy armor.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #377 - Oct 21st, 2015 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Well, I guess since the patch is tomorrow it's time to start bumping up dps. Since medium armor will now have the highest MRR at 10 (vestments, ES core level 6), Fighter really isn't needed for plate proficiency anymore. As already demonstrated, Dodge + Medium Armor was already arguably better, now it definitely is.

I want to look at AoE helpless damage and swapping a twist to Sense Weakness for this build for additional trash dps.

Options so far are:

1) DoD + Ear Smash, replacing fighter with ranger. Tree form has largest hit box in the game for DoD. I like this the best in theory due to lack of save and that it works on everything.

2) DoD + Stunning Fist/Frozen Fury

3) Spinning Ice I like the unlimited targets on this, combined with hit box, ability to hit anything, and larger tree form size which fits more mobs around it. Lack of feats? Gona lose 3 feats. But gain another cleave. IC:B and OC, Can you Master's Touch a bastard sword and drop proficiency? Alternate weapon?

---------

Someone also told me that they fixed the timer on level 12 core for spirit regen. Gotta test that as well.

« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2015 at 3:14pm by »  

IP Logged

DnD
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #378 - Oct 22nd, 2015 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Quote:
Well, I guess since the patch is tomorrow it's time to start bumping up dps. Since medium armor will now have the highest MRR at 10 (vestments, ES core level 6), Fighter really isn't needed for plate proficiency anymore. As already demonstrated, Dodge + Medium Armor was already arguably better, now it definitely is.

I want to look at AoE helpless damage and swapping a twist to Sense Weakness for this build for additional trash dps.

Options so far are:

1) DoD + Ear Smash, replacing fighter with ranger. Tree form has largest hit box in the game for DoD. I like this the best in theory due to lack of save and that it works on everything.

2) DoD + Stunning Fist/Frozen Fury

3) Spinning Ice I like the unlimited targets on this, combined with hit box, ability to hit anything, and larger tree form size which fits more mobs around it. Lack of feats? Gona lose 3 feats. But gain another cleave. IC:B and OC, Can you Master's Touch a bastard sword and drop proficiency? Alternate weapon?

---------

Someone also told me that they fixed the timer on level 12 core for spirit regen. Gotta test that as well.

Interesting, but how many bard levels for the abilities to work? Best you can get as bonus to bard abilities is 1/2 bard levels to stun and duration of freeze. If Spinning ice lands it would be awesome, no doubt, but you need many bard level to make it land and last.

Stunning Fist is also interesting but it's not an area attack or does it become an area attack with DoD?, Stunning fist is also good for out-of-tree form.

Also, DoD is a melee attack, or does it work with unnarmed?

*You can't Master Touch BS proficiency.
« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2015 at 11:56am by DnD »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #379 - Oct 22nd, 2015 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
DnD wrote on Oct 7th, 2015 at 10:32am:
Awesome! I suppose he was monk/warlock/pally or is it anti-nerf secret?  Tongue

Haven't had chance to speak with guy who solo'd it. I did get to speak to one of the guys there that saw it, but they were too scared to say anything and kept going with " i don't remember". All he said was reflex save 120.  Anyway, I joined a pug few days ago and saw the guy who solo'd it was in group but was Dc'd. He had monk Icon. Putting it together that means it has to be 12m/5w/3p con and cha maxed.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

DnD
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #380 - Oct 22nd, 2015 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
Rubbins, do you rememember his HPs? After playing with the 10F/7W/3B with tons of HP, a lower hp pool is kinda meh. But I think I could go for +/- 1300

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #381 - Oct 22nd, 2015 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
DnD wrote on Oct 22nd, 2015 at 12:51pm:
Rubbins, do you rememember his HPs? After playing with the 10F/7W/3B with tons of HP, a lower hp pool is kinda meh. But I think I could go for +/- 1300

1200~

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #382 - Oct 22nd, 2015 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Oh hmm, I think IC:B doesn't work anymore either.

You need an IC for OC, so I guess swap to IC:Slash to boost supreme cleave instead of other cleaves.

Oh, gota swap off PDK shield to large shield as well, and swap belt to Epic Thoughtful Remembrance for dodge/con. I guess back to Wall of Wood for 20-27 leveling.

Hmm, think with +5 hearts its a good time to swap to 10 fighter version. SM, ISM, and ? Hmm, maybe just keep them and do a warlock past life for 3 MRR.
« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2015 at 11:41pm by »  

IP Logged

Wight
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #383 - Oct 22nd, 2015 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
*Rubbins were they PDK for cha to dmg with shortswords?
« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2015 at 11:26pm by Wight »  

IP Logged

Wight
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #384 - Oct 22nd, 2015 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 22nd, 2015 at 12:25pm:
All he said was reflex save 120.

So much for that, just read the patch notes:
"Divine Grace is capped at 2+(3*paladin level)."

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #385 - Oct 22nd, 2015 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
Wight wrote on Oct 22nd, 2015 at 11:02pm:
So much for that, just read the patch notes:
"Divine Grace is capped at 2+(3*paladin level)."

at 3 pally levels you would need to put more into dex and just enough to get 32 cha.

Wight wrote on Oct 22nd, 2015 at 10:44pm:
*Rubbins were they PDK for cha to dmg with shortswords?

No, you can get away with having a poor damage stat modifier due to tree doing 70 dice.
« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2015 at 11:44pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #386 - Oct 22nd, 2015 at 11:51pm
Print Post  
Update 28.1 Build 10F > 5 W > 3 Barb > 1 W > 1 Barb
Any race, human/pdk assumed:

Fighter past life:

Feats
1 PA Fighter DAxe or BSword Prof. PDK Cleave (Strenght 13)
2 Fighter Dodge (Dex 13)
3 Combat Expertise (Int 13, tomes +1)
4 Fighter Great Cleave
6 Mobility Fighter Shield Mastery
8 Fighter Imp. Shield Mastery
9 Spring Attack
10 Fighter WW Attack
12 TWF (Dex 15, tomes +3)
15 ITWF (Dex 17, tomes +4)
18 GTWF
21 IC:B (think this works again 11/9/2015)
24 OC
26 PTWF
27 Epic DR or Resilience or Shield Deflection or Mental Toughness (if human/pdk)
28 GA

Black dragon medium armor or Terrorweb Chitin (made into PDK set)*/Twinblade or Axe of Famine/Wall of Wood/Epic Belt of Remembrance for leveling 20-27.

*You can still have aura with any amount of ASF, but it was added to bug list so they will add ASF to it.

Warlock/barb past life: Remove up to 6 fighter levels losing SM, ISM, Epic DR as needed. May also take 1 level from barb but lose Uncanny Dodge.

Enhancements as here but with ASF removal from Med. Armor.

Twists: Consecrate/Sacred Ground+LSM/ICE/Brace for Impact/Primal Scream/Impreg. Mind/Unearthly Reactions
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2015 at 5:19pm by »  

IP Logged

DnD
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #387 - Oct 23rd, 2015 at 7:07am
Print Post  
Quote:
Oh hmm, I think IC:B doesn't work anymore either.

You need an IC for OC, so I guess swap to IC:Slash to boost supreme cleave instead of other cleaves.

Why IC:B doesn't work anymore?

IP Logged

tekel bayi
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Dilemma!

Reply #388 - Oct 23rd, 2015 at 9:00am
Print Post  
DnD wrote on Oct 23rd, 2015 at 7:07am:
Why IC:B doesn't work anymore?

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/466836-Monk-Crit-not-working

IP Logged

DnD
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #389 - Oct 23rd, 2015 at 9:03am
Print Post  
tekel bayi wrote on Oct 23rd, 2015 at 9:00am:

Wow, how incompetent Turbine can be?

IP Logged

Wight
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #390 - Oct 23rd, 2015 at 10:23am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 22nd, 2015 at 11:42pm:
No, you can get away with having a poor damage stat modifier due to tree doing 70 dice.

What race were they?

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #391 - Oct 23rd, 2015 at 10:34am
Print Post  
DnD wrote on Oct 23rd, 2015 at 9:03am:
Wow, how incompetent Turbine can be?

They have their own level.

TURDBIN LEVEL INCOMPETENT

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #392 - Oct 23rd, 2015 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
When I went to look up earlier level decent dodge items I didn't really find any. A Dun'Robar ring is decent at 8%, but takes the slot of a Ring of Lies with improved deception, so is overall a wash.

But I did see if you drop a level off of warlock, you have to scroll DDoor, but  get uncanny dodge barb clicky. I don't know how it stacks, but if it does stack with primal travel and your base dodge, it should bring dodge close to 100%.

Oh, and I forgot I swapped in Shield Deflection to replace some lost MRR with another 30% reduction layer. Now the build has more dps, more physical avoidance, and more magical avoidance than before the nerfs.
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2015 at 1:34am by »  

IP Logged

ElAndroide
Korthos Resident

I Love ... Experiments!!

Reply #393 - Oct 24th, 2015 at 5:11am
Print Post  
One quick question guys,

On warlock, which aura trigger spirits? I've tried with the acid one and doesnt trigget anything ...

Edited : Ah, it doesn't give without enemies between battles. Just on battles it keeps the max spirits
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2015 at 6:58am by ElAndroide »  

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #394 - Oct 24th, 2015 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/467024-monk-unarmed-bug-emporium

So apparently the paladin cleaves are like supreme cleave, and use damage die profile and crit profile of weapon.

This means you could make a 6 warlock 14 paladin with holy sword and IC:slash making Twinblade 16-18x3, 19-20x5 on pali cleaves.

On live due to IC:B no longer working with unarmed, it is 20x4 normal cleaves.

Paladin replaces the 3 feats fighter gets with their free cleaves, so the build will work.
« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2015 at 5:36am by »  

IP Logged

doubleBs
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #395 - Oct 25th, 2015 at 12:09am
Print Post  
Also level 12 warlock aura (pulse every 3 secs) actually builds spirit 25% faster then level 18 warlock aura (pulse every 2 secs). 

Just a tip =)

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #396 - Oct 25th, 2015 at 5:49am
Print Post  
Can someone verify the paladin cleaves work like supreme cleave?

90-100 all saves is calling me, would just about round out the defenses on the build.
« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2015 at 5:52am by »  

IP Logged

JK_Seren
Korthos Resident

Suck my enchilada.

Reply #397 - Oct 25th, 2015 at 8:01am
Print Post  
Pally cleaves work the same as regular cleaves re bludgeon/crit it seems, but they do hit 360º around you. Tested on dummy in all directions and with up to 4 mobs in quest at a time. Can't get them to split like barb for repeat cleave tho, so only one cleave per enhancement. That means only three attacks: 2 pally cleaves and whirlwind. Not great for rotation. Can integrate smites, but those are single target iirc.

Also tested lay on hands, works well in tree form, so extra/endless seem like good options...
« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2015 at 8:35am by JK_Seren »  

IP Logged

DnD
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #398 - Oct 25th, 2015 at 9:20am
Print Post  
JK_Seren wrote on Oct 25th, 2015 at 8:01am:
Pally cleaves work the same as regular cleaves re bludgeon/crit it seems, but they do hit 360º around you. Tested on dummy in all directions and with up to 4 mobs in quest at a time. Can't get them to split like barb for repeat cleave tho, so only one cleave per enhancement. That means only three attacks: 2 pally cleaves and whirlwind. Not great for rotation. Can integrate smites, but those are single target iirc.

Also tested lay on hands, works well in tree form, so extra/endless seem like good options...

In this case better be unarmed centered to have whirlwind proc more times

IP Logged

TheFifthSock
Dragon Raider

Reply #399 - Oct 25th, 2015 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Does holy retribution work? It does 3 cleave attacks in a row, although with limited number of uses.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26
Send TopicPrint