Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) The Trees Shall Rise Again (Read 233828 times)
Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Re: The Trees Shall Rise Again
Reply #525 - May 31st, 2016 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
Go away Bioboy. Seriously, everyone here knows your routine, so go rip off people on the mobos cause it ain't flying here.

IP Logged

AngryKobold
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #526 - May 31st, 2016 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
Earlier in this thread there was conversation about base weapon damage for increased damage in tree form and mentioned twinblade and axe of famine.

Would love explanation of how base weapon damage affects tree form? How does it work with different weapon base damage in each hand? I imagine weapon effects work on tree form like they do for wolf form, but I would love confirmation.

A good easy to center monk weapon with increase die is Epic Sting at 1d12 shortsword - no clue if that helps with builds or not.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Sting

Anyway been playing around some with tree. Still trying to decide if I like it or not. Guess I need to try an amazing version of it.

IP Logged

AngryKobold
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #527 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 11:50am
Print Post  
More random info:

Longswords with Whirling Strike does proc 4+ strikes with whirlwind in tree form.

Pretty sure its still crappy choice, but hell tested it.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #528 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
How does Improved shield bash function with Tree? Does it work at all?

Anyone want to post their updated enchantment tree selections?

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #529 - Jun 4th, 2016 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Jun 3rd, 2016 at 3:00pm:
Anyone want to post their updated enchantment tree selections?

ok

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #530 - Jun 12th, 2016 at 12:03am
Print Post  
Latest gear set?

IP Logged

AngryKobold
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #531 - Jun 14th, 2016 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Just curious what effects did people prioritize when selecting gear for Trees?

Looks like first priority is Melee Power.
Then Doublestrike?
Any other important things to focus on for gear?

Thanks

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #532 - Jun 15th, 2016 at 12:45am
Print Post  
Quote:

Hey, Tilo!
Is supreme cleave still splittable to different cooldowns? thx

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #533 - Jun 15th, 2016 at 8:54am
Print Post  
Are trees still worth it? With the trash hitting so hard you need to heal to full after you get hit otherwise you're going to die on next and trees have difficulty on that. Also, to hit is kinda low insn't it? After seeing what furyshoters are doing (https://youtu.be/zdIF0FnaNYw?t=15m32s) I don't think any other non caster is worth it, except bugged wolf or pure ranger  (maybe)
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2016 at 8:56am by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #534 - Jun 15th, 2016 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Y&Y

12 man shroud is commendable. Hell I just pug EH when I feel like it. But others are doing 6 with trees.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/475964-LE-Shroud-6-Man

Did you see the calculation for cleave damage on the prior page?

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1413820369/495#495
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2016 at 12:54pm by »  

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #535 - Jun 16th, 2016 at 9:11am
Print Post  
Quote:
Y&Y

12 man shroud is commendable. Hell I just pug EH when I feel like it. But others are doing 6 with trees.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/475964-LE-Shroud-6-Man

Did you see the calculation for cleave damage on the prior page?

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1413820369/495#495

Don't be an idiot. 66 min 6 man, and 2 trees only, who cares.

By the way, the video I linked had 4 furyshoters and no trees, and that's actually the world speed record on LE Shroud.

And your not impressing when you say you can pug EH shroud lol.

Edit: are you Tilomare?
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2016 at 12:37pm by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #536 - Jun 16th, 2016 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 9:11am:
Don't be an idiot. Obviously there is only 1 tree on that group. What are you trying so hard to proof that you say such nonsense that any tard can confirm is wrong just looking at the picture?

By the way, the video I linked had 4 furyshoters and no trees, and that's actually the world speed record on LE Shroud.

And your not impressing when you say you can pug EH shroud lol.

I don't think Tilo is taking away from fury shooters but rather making a case (a good case) for trees.
In the 6 man run I count:
1 shiradi (probably 10/6/4)
1 DC wizard (pure)
1 Rogue/Arti mechanic (probably 18/2)
1 warlock (probably pure and definitely 15+ for hurl)
And last but not least:
2 trees (the monk icons).

You are right about LE hitting real hard but don't forget that the monk based trees have a lot of defenses for miss chance (displacement, incorporeal, dodge, some AC) meaning when swong upon they will be missed a lot.
With shining through they can probably take a couple hits and maybe even three with some healing in between.
Smart players will move around while cleaving and have the mobs circle round instead of swinging full time. Between the DC caster, the nerve venom shiradi and the warlock blasts the trees will probably be able to moe down mobs chasing ranged party members that got initial agro or enjoy destroying held/nerve venomed mobs.

Believe in the tree Wink

IP Logged

Wight
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #537 - Jun 16th, 2016 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
Can anyone post the likely monk tree builds?

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #538 - Jun 16th, 2016 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Jun 15th, 2016 at 8:54am:
After seeing what furyshoters are doing (https://youtu.be/zdIF0FnaNYw?t=15m32s) I don't think any other non caster is worth it, except bugged wolf or pure ranger  (maybe)

I would love to see exactly what build they're using.

I've been running a 12/6/2 rgr/monk/ftr shuri for several months now.  I can give wolves and instakillers a run for their money and am generally top two or three in KCs on the end game raids.  None of the trees I've run raids with lately have impressed me much.  The numbers the shuri build is putting out in that video look higher than what I'm used to seeing though. 

In FotW, I'm generally sitting around 76ish Dex with non-store buffs, 90-100 ranged power, ~60% DS w/ 4 stacks of Killer (don't have the Primal PLs yet) and 380ish Force spellpower.  I suspect part of it is from mobs being fully debuffed since it's a raid, but it's still interesting.

Guessing from the hotbars and icon he's running a variation of this.  The main difference I see is T5 in AA with Slayer and Elemental Damage instead of T5 in DWS.  Slayer shot and the extra spellpower and imbue dmg die explain some of the numbers but they are getting higher base damage and SA than what I've been able to squeeze out of DWS T5 which is the puzzling part.   

May have to give experiment with this before I do a full TR. 
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2016 at 4:01pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #539 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Wight wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 12:44pm:
Can anyone post the likely monk tree builds?

Warlock versions:
12 monk 6 warlock 2 palie, double boost some saves lays for some burst heal and warlock for stacks
12 warlock 6 monk 2 palie, no abud step, no imp evasion but has better aura ticks to sutain tree longer /you lose alot of sustain without the ticks

Cleric versions:
12 monk 5 cleric 3 palie, t5 in cleric for aura tick and palie for lays, not optimal now

Wizzard version:
12 monk 5 palie 3 wiz, good aura tick and defense, abuse better w cleaves in palie tree, most animation reset attacks and hits  out of all tree builds
9 monk 5 palie 6 wiz, has displace for selfcast

Fighter versions:
Generally centerd monk with some kind aura ticks, not to impressed with them myself
Tried 12 fighter 4 monk 4 wiz, 12 fighter 6 warlock 2 monk 12 monk 5 fighter 3 wiz and 12 monk 5 fighter 3 warlock.
12 warlock 6 fighter 2 monk is ok but no defenses.
Issue is burst healing, while i do have slightly more mellepower the lack of lays from palie really hurts in le content when you want to full time zerg

There are couple others as well, but generally 12 monk  + xxx and generally transfering monk plife and reinforced fists will give you slightly more damage when using hwraps over kamas, tho kamas allow for better gear setups.

Hope it helps
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2016 at 8:12pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Dr Faustus
Korthos Resident

Reply #540 - Jun 18th, 2016 at 7:02am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 3:22pm:
I would love to see exactly what build they're using.

I've been running a 12/6/2 rgr/monk/ftr shuri for several months now.  I can give wolves and instakillers a run for their money and am generally top two or three in KCs on the end game raids.  None of the trees I've run raids with lately have impressed me much.  The numbers the shuri build is putting out in that video look higher than what I'm used to seeing though. 

In FotW, I'm generally sitting around 76ish Dex with non-store buffs, 90-100 ranged power, ~60% DS w/ 4 stacks of Killer (don't have the Primal PLs yet) and 380ish Force spellpower.  I suspect part of it is from mobs being fully debuffed since it's a raid, but it's still interesting.

Guessing from the hotbars and icon he's running a variation of this.  The main difference I see is T5 in AA with Slayer and Elemental Damage instead of T5 in DWS.  Slayer shot and the extra spellpower and imbue dmg die explain some of the numbers but they are getting higher base damage and SA than what I've been able to squeeze out of DWS T5 which is the puzzling part.   

May have to give experiment with this before I do a full TR. 

Some limited reverse engineering and observations from video have led me to these conclusions:
1) Elf/Helf for access to shadow arrows crit multiplier (don't have any clue why as I was told the racial version was bugged?)
2) Takes paralyzing arrow although obviously doesn't use it as its not on hotbar (i suppose it could be hidden)
3) Perma in earth stance (as +1 ki regen is enough if you use bow as much as he uses)
4) Not sure but pretty sure he's using LGS triple neg bow
5) 6 AP in ANT for obvious reasons
6) Takes guardian angel (not relevant to AP but obviously not completely optimized for dps in this case)
7) Does not take killer or thrill of the hunt or aimed shot, likely 11ish AP investment in DWS for sniper shot only
8) 8 points in harper for kta

14 (racial), 11 (DWS), 6 (Ninja), 8 (Harper), 41 (Arcane Archer)

Would be my guess. Whether this is better or not, I have no clue (a bit tired at the moment) - going to be running numbers later when I'm more sober.

In the meantime, would love to see your dex breakdown? I sit at roughly 70 (though I am missing 2 from completionist on that toon).
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2016 at 7:57am by Dr Faustus »  

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #541 - Jun 18th, 2016 at 9:14am
Print Post  
SayWhatAgain wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 12:41pm:
I don't think Tilo is taking away from fury shooters but rather making a case (a good case) for trees.
1 DC wizard (pure)
And last but not least:

You are right about LE hitting real hard but don't forget that the monk based trees have a lot of defenses for miss chance (displacement, incorporeal, dodge, some AC) meaning when swong upon they will be missed a lot.
With shining through they can probably take a couple hits and maybe even three with some healing in between.
Smart players will move around while cleaving and have the mobs circle round instead of swinging full time. Between the DC caster, the nerve venom shiradi and the warlock blasts the trees will probably be able to moe down mobs chasing ranged party members that got initial agro or enjoy destroying held/nerve venomed mobs.

Believe in the tree Wink

~
Who cares about kill count. Shroud is basically portal DPS in part 1, suvivability against red named in part 2, burst DPS in part 4 and 5. You could argue that tree is better portal DPS, I'm not so sure, but ranged obviously rocks part 2, 4 and 5 (and is better at 3 too to break crystal but who cares).

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #542 - Jun 18th, 2016 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
Dr Faustus wrote on Jun 18th, 2016 at 7:02am:
Some limited reverse engineering and observations from video have led me to these conclusions:
1) Elf/Helf for access to shadow arrows crit multiplier (don't have any clue why as I was told the racial version was bugged?)
2) Takes paralyzing arrow although obviously doesn't use it as its not on hotbar (i suppose it could be hidden)
3) Perma in earth stance (as +1 ki regen is enough if you use bow as much as he uses)
4) Not sure but pretty sure he's using LGS triple neg bow
5) 6 AP in ANT for obvious reasons
6) Takes guardian angel (not relevant to AP but obviously not completely optimized for dps in this case)
7) Does not take killer or thrill of the hunt or aimed shot, likely 11ish AP investment in DWS for sniper shot only
8) 8 points in harper for kta

14 (racial), 11 (DWS), 6 (Ninja), 8 (Harper), 41 (Arcane Archer)

Would be my guess. Whether this is better or not, I have no clue (a bit tired at the moment) - going to be running numbers later when I'm more sober.

In the meantime, would love to see your dex breakdown? I sit at roughly 70 (though I am missing 2 from completionist on that toon).

He's definitely running at least 6 ranger levels due to Ram's Might and Sniper Shot being hotkeyed.

I swapped to T5 AA instead of DWS and ran some missions and raids with it.   It's gives better results when all boosts are going (fury/adrenaline, 10ks/manyshot, dual action boosts) but noticeably less DPS the rest of the time due to less doubleshot, ranged power and dex.

After testing, I still prefer T5 DWS.

« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2016 at 1:04pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Dr Faustus
Korthos Resident

Reply #543 - Jun 18th, 2016 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jun 18th, 2016 at 1:03pm:
He's definitely running at least 6 ranger levels due to Ram's Might and Sniper Shot being hotkeyed.

I swapped to T5 AA instead of DWS and ran some missions and raids with it.   It's gives better results when all boosts are going (fury/adrenaline, 10ks/manyshot, dual action boosts) but noticeably less DPS the rest of the time due to less doubleshot, ranged power and dex.

After testing, I still prefer T5 DWS.

The AP split I posted is 100% what he is running.

If you just switched to T5 Arcane archer without capstone (and core 5), you are missing a few severe dps boosts.

Core 5 is a crit multiplier (if it works), a 5% doubleshot secondary imbue for bows.
Capstone is 20% doubleshot and 4 dex (remember 1 dex ~= 1-2% dps boost depending on how much dex you have).

Overall you come out ahead on dex, equal on doubleshot. The big difference is you are trading 35 ranged power (archers stance) and ~8 damage on hit for 1 crit multiplier on bows, 5% doubleshot on bows, slayer arrow, 5 to-hit, and 2 elemental arrow imbue dice.

I have a feeling this will be the way to go - 5 to-hit roughly translates to 1 less grazing hit on LE. As long as the damage is even remotely similar from a sustained dps point of view, the AA wins hands down due to increased burst. (Spiky damage is almost always better than sustained damage if equal magnitude when compared over time).

I unfortunately went human due to wanting the extra feat so I can't test this version. Once lamm comes up will be doing dps tests to compare. If the crit multiplier is working (and from doing some rough calcs, it has to be in order for people to be hitting those adrenaline + slayer arrow + multishot combos), this version should come out ahead. Unfortunately, it does require using the bow A LOT more, which means spacing out adrenaline regen on shuriken vs bow will be a little trickier.

IP Logged

ChewyOoeyGoOey
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #544 - Jun 19th, 2016 at 12:56am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 3:22pm:
Guessing from the hotbars and icon he's running a variation of this

He's running 12/6/2 (mnk/rgr/ftr) based on character sheet at 10:00 mark.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #545 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
ChewyOoeyGoOey wrote on Jun 19th, 2016 at 12:56am:
He's running 12/6/2 (mnk/rgr/ftr) based on character sheet at 10:00 mark.

Nice catch.  I missed that when I watched it.  Thank you.

This is an interesting variation on the original 12/6/2.   Hadn't thought about using elf AA tree for access to the capstone when you already have 6 ranger levels.  There are some decent advantages to this.  Might have to try this out in the near future.
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2016 at 2:52pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Definitely not Sulay
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #546 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
SayWhatAgain wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 12:41pm:
1 DC wizard (pure)
And last but not least:

Believe in the tree Wink

morkass is a thrower ranit is a 12/6/2 tree

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #547 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 1:23am
Print Post  
Definitely not Sulay wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 11:54pm:
morkass is a thrower ranit is a 12/6/2 tree

and curing is a gimp no matter what build he's on ;p

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #548 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 24th, 2016 at 1:23am:
and curing is a gimp no matter what build he's on ;p

accurate.

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #549 - Jun 26th, 2016 at 8:08am
Print Post  
Wizard based tree build.

Death aura not proccing arcane warrior melee power.

that normal?

too bad if so
« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2016 at 4:09pm by ElGuapo »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26
Send TopicPrint