Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) The Trees Shall Rise Again (Read 233273 times)
ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: The Trees Shall Rise Again
Reply #550 - Jul 2nd, 2016 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
anyone?

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #551 - Jul 13th, 2016 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Basic wiz tree build

17 Wiz 3 Barb - Dwarf
Max con-all level ups in con.

Enhancements: Fill out Ek, 6 PM for zombie, 13 AM for MM/ Bolt SLA, 13 for Supreme Cleave

Feats

1 PA,
1 Wiz Maximize
3 Cleave
5 Empower
6 TWF
9 Great Cleave (Bab 4)
10 Quicken
12 ITWF
15 SM
15 Wiz Extend
Barb 18-20 ISM
21 GTWF (Bab 11)
24 MoK
26 PTWF
27 Shield Deflection
28 Elusive Target
29 Arcane Warrior
30 Scion of Arborea
30 CE

ED: PA with Consecrate/Sacred Ground/LSM/ICE twisted

Arcane bolt between cleaves will fuel MoK, increasing healing, arcane warrior for damage, and spirit for tree form. Consecrate will heal tree form. Negative energy will heal zombie form. Melee charges arcane warrior for more healing.

Max/Emp/Quicken SLAs and firewall between cleaves will get you through heroics. An Axe of Famine will be best in slot weapon.

Can move barb levels/extend up for more melee oriented leveling. LGS vacuum would also rock, or lgs hamp devo affirmation.

Leverage zombie con + barb rage con + wiz tensor's con + wiz rage spell con + madstone rage con + TYWA + cleaves to bypass zombie slower attack speed + extend to make spells last through rage + barb move speed/sprint boost in heroics if you want some speedy self-healing axe murdering. Since undead are immune to exhaustion, you can rage without penalty!

Feel free to modify if you want to add in defensive stance + fighter/pali lvls.
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2016 at 4:02pm by »  

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #552 - Jul 26th, 2016 at 1:28am
Print Post  
its a bitch having to turn on zombie form every time you come out of tree.   and no overwhelming critical sucks.   whats the doublestrike on this build?

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #553 - Jul 26th, 2016 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
no idea

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #554 - Jul 26th, 2016 at 8:57pm
Print Post  

There is around 8 from the EK tree, depending how much ap is spent for cores. 5 from epic feat. 4 quality on avenger plate, 17 rng loot, 7 insightful necklace. 41. 9 epic past lives = 50.
« Last Edit: Jul 26th, 2016 at 8:57pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

tapster
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #555 - May 2nd, 2017 at 8:16am
Print Post  
As handwraps are now exotic weapons does this mean that centered trees using handwraps now default to D20 instead of D6?

IP Logged

whatisthis
Dirty Sock

I Love Drama!

Reply #556 - May 4th, 2017 at 3:14am
Print Post  
Maybe.

I didn't really count the dices or the averages, but my monk using handwraps seems to clear rooms with sufficient effect.

For background info, base damage with wraps is 4.25[W], so first growth should be 22.5[W] - never checked. Melee power is around 85, deadly item +7, handwraps are +8 with EPL:s.

shitty video

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #557 - May 4th, 2017 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
For all the talk and hype about tree builds over the past few years, I've yet to group with anyone running one that actually impressed me. 

From the videos and discussions I've seen, I get the impression that they may be really good solo builds due to their durability and big hits but it doesn't seem to translate well in a good group setting.  I suspect it is because they're slow and everything is dead before they get more than a few cleaves in.

Plenty of the tree builds I've grouped with were run by players who are usually highly competent, so I wouldn't expect that to be the issue.

Am I missing something?

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #558 - May 4th, 2017 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Had a group that the tree dud soloed one half of eh doj while the rest of us dealt with the rest.  So, still a semi-solo situation as you're pointing out, but it was impressive.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #559 - May 4th, 2017 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
Toke wrote on May 4th, 2017 at 6:38pm:
Had a group that the tree dud soloed one half of eh doj while the rest of us dealt with the rest.  So, still a semi-solo situation as you're pointing out, but it was impressive.

There are multiple builds that can do that though.  From what I've seen, some of those builds can most likely do it better.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #560 - May 5th, 2017 at 9:09am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on May 4th, 2017 at 5:30pm:
For all the talk and hype about tree builds over the past few years, I've yet to group with anyone running one that actually impressed me. 

From the videos and discussions I've seen, I get the impression that they may be really good solo builds due to their durability and big hits but it doesn't seem to translate well in a good group setting.  I suspect it is because they're slow and everything is dead before they get more than a few cleaves in.

Plenty of the tree builds I've grouped with were run by players who are usually highly competent, so I wouldn't expect that to be the issue.

Am I missing something?

Several things.
First tree builds are the fastest builds we have atm /monk based since they are superior.
Your approach to enemies and massive pulls are usually on a different scale then other builds as you can pull quite alot of junk.
2nd, they are extremely defense focused as you have high prr/dodge/conceal/ac and massive hp pools that tend not to drop as fast as for other melees.
3rd, as you have acess to balanced your wws and cleaves make enemes most of the time helpess /as you aslso have noticable d strike.
4th, depending how its built tree builds have selfheals

Now it sounds like im praising tree builds to much, but there are counters to trees that are quite obvious in current ddo, and that is reaper above 5 skulls where you actually need some kind of babysitter healer and the fact that they are working in content above lv 20 and are practically end game at cap builds.
Those 2 facts alone mean that tree builds are pretty much dead as ddo atm is all about the rush from 1-20, but once the rush is done i assume that they will be back, those ap in racial tree allow for much flexibility and cr load melee power as we can now swap out of human.

They are ok and top at level cap builds, and they work perfectly fine in most content.
Still due to the fact that the prolonged fights have massive obstacles due to reduced damage in high tier reaper, the managment of spirit becomes quite a hussle and swaping out and in of form drains sp quite fast.
They have many drawbacks with reaper, although the build i  soloed reaper 10 skulls as melee on lama when it first appeared /aka not a single reaper ap spent as that wasnt ingame yet, was exactly a form and version of my personal strongest tree builds.

I can analyze every benefit and drawback and share a vid i did to show how i farmed slavers back then, but it wont benefit anyone at this point as i havent checkd whats going in ddo the last 2 months /loss of interest after racial tr made it ingame/ as my info could be severly outdated.

tldr, they have many benefits and many drawbacks, but they are practically at level cap builds for speedrunning content with a bunch of bots, and since focus of the game now is 1-20 rtr they lost their spot in the game imho

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #561 - May 5th, 2017 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on May 5th, 2017 at 9:09am:
Several things.
First tree builds are the fastest builds we have atm /monk based since they are superior.
Your approach to enemies and massive pulls are usually on a different scale then other builds as you can pull quite alot of junk.
2nd, they are extremely defense focused as you have high prr/dodge/conceal/ac and massive hp pools that tend not to drop as fast as for other melees.
3rd, as you have acess to balanced your wws and cleaves make enemes most of the time helpess /as you aslso have noticable d strike.
4th, depending how its built tree builds have selfheals

Now it sounds like im praising tree builds to much, but there are counters to trees that are quite obvious in current ddo, and that is reaper above 5 skulls where you actually need some kind of babysitter healer and the fact that they are working in content above lv 20 and are practically end game at cap builds.
Those 2 facts alone mean that tree builds are pretty much dead as ddo atm is all about the rush from 1-20, but once the rush is done i assume that they will be back, those ap in racial tree allow for much flexibility and cr load melee power as we can now swap out of human.

They are ok and top at level cap builds, and they work perfectly fine in most content.
Still due to the fact that the prolonged fights have massive obstacles due to reduced damage in high tier reaper, the managment of spirit becomes quite a hussle and swaping out and in of form drains sp quite fast.
They have many drawbacks with reaper, although the build i  soloed reaper 10 skulls as melee on lama when it first appeared /aka not a single reaper ap spent as that wasnt ingame yet, was exactly a form and version of my personal strongest tree builds.

I can analyze every benefit and drawback and share a vid i did to show how i farmed slavers back then, but it wont benefit anyone at this point as i havent checkd whats going in ddo the last 2 months /loss of interest after racial tr made it ingame/ as my info could be severly outdated.

tldr, they have many benefits and many drawbacks, but they are practically at level cap builds for speedrunning content with a bunch of bots, and since focus of the game now is 1-20 rtr they lost their spot in the game imho

Fastest at what? 

You used a wall of text to essentially say "They're terrible group builds but great at soloing (carrying a bot army)." which I had already suggested.

I've watched more videos than I should have trying to figure out what makes trees worthy of a 25 page thread and just don't see it.

Sure, they get big numbers on their hits, but their hit rate is slow.  Other builds can hit for similar numbers at a much higher rate.  They're good at clearing hordes of trash but so are Warlocks, Shiradis, and several other AE based builds.

Any time I've ever seen them in a group setting, half the mobs die before trees even start attacking.  I realize the animations with trees are wonky, but the kill counts at the ends of missions seems to support what I see visually.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #562 - May 5th, 2017 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on May 5th, 2017 at 12:59pm:
Fastest at what? 

You used a wall of text to essentially say "They're terrible group builds but great at soloing (carrying a bot army)." which I had already suggested.

I've watched more videos than I should have trying to figure out what makes trees worthy of a 25 page thread and just don't see it.

Sure, they get big numbers on their hits, but their hit rate is slow.  Other builds can hit for similar numbers at a much higher rate.  They're good at clearing hordes of trash but so are Warlocks, Shiradis, and several other AE based builds.

Any time I've ever seen them in a group setting, half the mobs die before trees even start attacking.  I realize the animations with trees are wonky, but the kill counts at the ends of missions seems to support what I see visually.

They are highly skill cap based builds, so if the kill count is not being lead by a tree in your group he/she is playing it wrong (or not using abudant step correctly and managing alert).

You should play with perma red alert as tree and clear only when you cannot move, which obstructs other builds in your party and makes them a burden, unless they are bots in your inv.
It doesnt matter if they are shiradis or warlocks or whatever, what those builds cannot do is have all those defensive layers that allow them for pure braindead zerging, and most videos people post about tree builds arent really doing it correctly either imho.

Also, most people can excel playing a warlock because the class is easily mastered as it hides no real thinking behind it compared to other builds/classes.
(my main is also a warlock and i found it tedious after 1 or 2 lifes and dont even log in anymore as its extremely boring, effective yes, but extremely boring).

Why trees have so many pages is based on how the build evolved, first we had the old animation resets where most people here didnt know about trees, then we have the new animations and cleaves and further we had also some block animation reseters, couple years after that and some fixes from turbine we got the first tree that was posted here the cleric one, what further happens in this thread are calculations and talks about how weapons transfer, how animations work, and multiple builds that focus on different way of spirit regen.

Imho, tree builds had the most changed, and were evolving so many times, same as throwers, which kinda made them require such a thread.

When you for example make a warlock thread, you basically cant invent anything, you cant figure out anything new, all you can really do is just write bugs with blasts and what items stack incorrectly and how to bug out some items to work in heroic content.
None of those has anything to do with warlock, but with other outside factors intereacting poorly with warlock stuff.

Complicated builds that change entirely with system changes ingame like /i use as example shuri and tree but there are more out there/ require a thread which follows how they evolve.

Il repeat it again, you take it how you want, they are highly skill based builds that hide several layers of mechanical issues and bugs behind their playstyle, thus they are hard to copy and executed correctly, but they, same as any build focusing on epic right now, are dead.
It doesnt matter how good a build is nowadays, it doesnt matter shiradi or whatever, epic just doesnt matter as game shifter toward lv 1-20, and that is why you wont see many builds posted here that focus on epic content.
What we do now is make builds that work from lv 2-18 to gather the most easiest and fastest reaper xp.
And that isnt a hard taske as warlock and some ranged offer the simplest kits to do so.

I suggest that you move on from trees, unless you have finished all racial trs, they just arent viable for usage ingame.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #563 - May 5th, 2017 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
And to add, hit rate of tree builds depends on how you look at it and how you build them.
If you make a barb tree, yes you will have few attacks and will need to incorporate some slow ass attacks into your rotation.
With monk and some other additions you have no free times if you do it right for slow attacks as you cycle between fast anim reset attacks layered with quite nice d strike which gives them a respectable hit rate, increased by dice of their base damage and monk levels. /positive thing is that the formula for damage works different for tree as opposed to other builds

Why you havent seen a proper kobold speedkill for dps from tree builds to compare with lets say wolf builds /that had when i still played the single best single target dps/ is simply because the whole place acts as a inn and resets your spirit so you can never start the speedtest as you do in your regular gameplay.

But it all doesnt matter now anyways. (wont be bothered to edit posts and fix typos)

IP Logged

zoriaan
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #564 - May 6th, 2017 at 2:49am
Print Post  
Hey digimonk,

As Lelouch said, you have likely not grouped with any decent tree builds...with half of the population not even being able to play or build a proper warlock what hope do they have of playing a tree build...

They are very specific builds with one or two small things that make all the difference, plus they are not easy to learn (imo, a lot of small little tricks that make all the difference)

If you have a tree in your group/raid that is not dominating they are doing it wrong...

High skull reaper I cannot comment on them though as I have not sen them in there...

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #565 - May 6th, 2017 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
I agree with Digimonk, haven't seen many trees outperform other top meta builds that much, before reaper. Still, they used to be tier 1 builds, but the mental work to keep that going just wasn't worth it.

Now with reaper, DPS on high skulls is all about single target, and long fights. Not the best place for trees. If people ever go back to play at cap, what we're going to see is groups of monkchers + support roles as the basic party. Tree will still be ok thought, just like any other build. It's just not worth the headache, unless you really like the style.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #566 - May 7th, 2017 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
zoriaan wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 2:49am:
Hey digimonk,

As Lelouch said, you have likely not grouped with any decent tree builds...with half of the population not even being able to play or build a proper warlock what hope do they have of playing a tree build...

They are very specific builds with one or two small things that make all the difference, plus they are not easy to learn (imo, a lot of small little tricks that make all the difference)

If you have a tree in your group/raid that is not dominating they are doing it wrong...

High skull reaper I cannot comment on them though as I have not sen them in there...

This could very well be, but there are some well-known and reasonably skilled players on the server who I've seen running trees in the past.  I see less tree builds these days, which may also be part of it, although I would think that at least a couple of them would know how to play one properly.

IP Logged

tapster
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #567 - May 20th, 2017 at 4:26am
Print Post  
Just add oil to the fire and keep this thread kicking...

Does Eldritch Shield generate spirit every 6 seconds when the temp HP's refresh?

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #568 - May 20th, 2017 at 5:17am
Print Post  
tapster wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 4:26am:
Just add oil to the fire and keep this thread kicking...

Does Eldritch Shield generate spirit every 6 seconds when the temp HP's refresh?

As far as i know it didnt count as healing but temp hp, if it worked you could for example use demon shield/angelic grace/gsteel temp hp/life shield  etc gear to have spirit ticks as well and that doesnt work as i know.

/could have changed, honestly nothing would surprise me at this point, due to being busy irl i cant test nor have the will to play ddo with all my friends there mia and having a bunch of ps3 and ps4 games at my disposal that offer way more quality time

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #569 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
Quick bump to this thread so I can fucking find it on the first page. There is some cool shit that can be done with trees now.

I'll report back once I've finalized and play tested a few ideas I have.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #570 - Jan 5th, 2018 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
Looking forward to it. Definitely a lot of updated possibilities.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #571 - Jan 5th, 2018 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Lol trees. Go monk silly.

IP Logged

AbominableIdiot
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #572 - Jan 5th, 2018 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
You and your buddy Symbiont have been trying so hard to get monks nerfed and now you're saying go monk?  Roll Eyes Huh

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #573 - Jan 6th, 2018 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
They're OP, so play them

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!