Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Arti Help.. ugh (Read 6612 times)
adolrak
Korthos Resident

March of the Noobs!

Arti Help.. ugh
Oct 21st, 2014 at 2:07am
Print Post  
So I am still pretty new to the forums, mostly using them for build research, and I am coming to the point where one of my toons is ready for a long term build.  I made an arti when they first came out and went hey this is awesome, basically auto win!  So I went out and I got him 3 ranger PL, 3 Druid PL and hes just about to finish his 3rd Sorc PL.  I went WF all lives cause i went and got him some decent docents and such, then i went and got him decent crossbows, he has needle and greensteel and whatever. 

So my question is, is there any hope for me in a viable arti build that might not get me laughed at in EE content.

At a glance I went 16 arti 2 pal 2 monk bladeforged doesnt seem bad.  Still get 2 level 6 spells bb and deadly, SLA reconstruct, little boost to my saves and I dont have to burn my +20 heart.

My concerns are, sp being too low to spam all the SLA's and healing and bb's with only 16 arti levels, its not exactly a sorc sp pool.  Also I kinda waste the druid PL's since the defender will suck, not that I would ever use it in EE content but regardless.

Also I dont see a way to get the dex for Imp Precise shot as a bladeforged, so that's missing too. 

So ya, Im kinda stuck.  I dont have alot of experience with EE content as I've been grinding heroic lives not epic ones so Im not sure what to expect and what kind of feats/builds are 'required' to survive the content.  Hell I'd even take gear advice things i should get asap. 

Thanks

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Re: Arti Help.. ugh
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 3:45am
Print Post  
There is a "get my arti viable in EE" thread somewhere in the MF's Arti section. Maybe it's not all bullshit. A guildy of mine is quite happy with his revamped Juggernaut with single weapon fighting B-sword and Runearm. He uses parts of the haper tree afaik and went max. INT.

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

adolrak
Korthos Resident

March of the Noobs!

Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
That.. is alot to chew through lol I found two decent topics on the main forum.  Both for pure arti which is kinda sad cause I do like my splash type builds.  As far as i can tell its BF splash, or WF pure..

One thing i did notice was Adamantine body not giving any ASF is this an arti only thing or is the feat itself bugged?

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
adolrak wrote on Oct 21st, 2014 at 10:39pm:
One thing i did notice was Adamantine body not giving any ASF is this an arti only thing or is the feat itself bugged?

Probably just had enough ASF reduction for it not to matter.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

adolrak
Korthos Resident

March of the Noobs!

Reply #4 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/386775-Dubbell-O-Seven-casting-ranged-...

all I see are the two -10s from battle engineer core.  That leaves -15 ASF.. do artificers ignore that much IE casting in light armor?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #5 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 2:02am
Print Post  
Artificer spells are not subject to ASF. So it is only an issue if you are UMDing wiz/sorc scrolls.

Also there is an augment for -15% ASF.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #6 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 3:05am
Print Post  
The Harper Tree single-handedly made arties epic-viable for the average player. Everything an arti wants to do, it wants to do with INT. The Harper tree eliminates a second stat, and allows you to fill those points in to CON and wherever you need to reach mins for feats.

Before the Harper Tree, I had to compromise heavily on class splits. Fighter 8/Rogue 6/Arti 6, for example. That build could produce dps that actually competed in epics. Human, though. That's important. With a lower arti investment, the robot suffers. Meanwhile, UMD benefits fleshy healing so much better. For robots, Juggernaut is IMO still viable, and can take advantage of SWF and bard splashes. Just remember the strength of the Juggy is in melee, and its spells are strictly versatility/durability/buff.

After The Harper Tree, a pure Arti actually makes sense in epic content. I gave up the Arcanotechnician capstone to invest in it, and I'm not looking back. Clicky-casting was fun, but inventory-consuming. Now I don't need the extra time on a displace clicky, because the mobs are dead.

You can produce good spell dps from an arti, with a reasonable (~2000) spell pool, but it is not going to match a wiz or sorc. It's fun to run around shitting BBs, or better yet--ringing mobs around the BB rosy, but those impressive Acanotechnician SLAs just don't have enough backing from the arti's spell book. The spell book is strong ... but thin on dps.

I'll say one last thing about any spell or range-focused build: speed matters. It's easy not to notice in heroics, because an arti clears up so fast. But in Epic content, speed is fucking king.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

adolrak
Korthos Resident

March of the Noobs!

Reply #7 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Ah I see the augment in the gear now, that makes zero. 

Interesting argument about the SLA tree, they seem so awesome in heroics but not having played any of my stupid past life builds in epics I had no idea they fall to shit so rapidly.  I was suprised when the Dubbell build or w/e had like 7 points in Acanotech and put like 40+ into the battle engineer but I guess the only reliable dps is rune arm with the low arti DC's.

Alot of the forum stuff talks about the sages locket being absolutely vital which is fine I guess, but as far as i can tell it is only 3 dc you lose, if u slot a +2 evo aug.  I like the necklace of mystic eidilons myself seems to do alot of good.

Lots to consider..

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #8 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
I really can't wait to try the Harper tree with my current 2Ftr/2Rog/16Arti as a pure WF Arti...Gotta love 2 min Displacement scrolls Smiley

Int 18(16 pts) +Levels, Dex(10 pts) 16+3 Tome for IPS, Con 18 (10 pts) would be a good start.

Take Insightful Reflexes, Will Saves for shit though, Adamantine Body.

Int to hit/damage + KtA
Great Spell DCs for heroics.
Great Spell DCs for Energy Burst/Hell Ball/Ruin

Lots of ways to mitigate all kinds of damage with Protection from Elements, Energy Shield, Fireshield, Cannith Crafted and Lootgen Energy Absorbtion items.

Could also do a SWF melee Dwarf Arti with level ups in Con instead for TYWA but you gotta love efficient quickened Reconstructs.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Oct 22nd, 2014 at 2:28pm:
.Gotta love 2 min Displacement scrolls

Wut?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #10 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Bump to caster level on potions and scrolls via "Artificer Knowledge", with 16 Arti levels Displacement lasts just under 2 minutes iirc, but will check tonite to be certain and note caster level in Combat Log.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Oct 22nd, 2014 at 3:45pm:
Bump to caster level on potions and scrolls via "Artificer Knowledge", with 16 Arti levels Displacement lasts just under 2 minutes iirc, but will check tonite to be certain and note caster level in Combat Log.

im not certain. had jugg build long time ago when haek posted it. Dont recall getting that much off displace scrolls.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #12 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
My pure arti gets 2 min displaces, now that he abandoned the Arcano capstone. Used to be longer.

IP Logged

adolrak
Korthos Resident

March of the Noobs!

Reply #13 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
So, sorta derailed a bit, but long story short.  The most viable x-bow arti seems to be pure, heavy battle engineer light arcano, with harper to help out. 

Kinda makes me sad, but I understand with pots being given out like candy SP is kinda limitless, so no need for the SLA's.  Adam body gives decent PRR and MRR to make up for evasion, but insightful is probably still vital.  Going pure means WF instead of BF since theres no reason for the free reconstruct, so it makes 16 dex easy to get, sadly i lack a +5 dex tome but I suppose one might fall into my lap, Combat Archery doesnt seem *that* critical but Imp Precise shot does so the 16 is vital. 

As for DC, if we asume 54 Int, seems reasonable for me that makes my DC
10 - Base
6 - Spell Level
22 - Int
3 - Sorc PL
2 - G.Evo Focus aug
5 - Sage locket (asuming these stack?  Im not sure I see both used in gear setups)
5 - Twists(magister evo and draconic evo)
2 - Feats
= 55 DC for evo spells... This feels very low for EE content, thus raises my question about, why bother with the sage locket when NME is so much better overall.  Im asuming that if i suggest forging a caster based TF xbow people are gonna laugh me off the forums so what am I missing.. should i not bother with DC and just accept that most of my spells will be resisted?  Im asuming alot of those things do not effect Energy Burst so as long as my Int is good, that should be fine right?

Appreciate all the feedback really do.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #14 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 12:50am
Print Post  
adolrak wrote on Oct 22nd, 2014 at 11:36pm:
Combat Archery doesnt seem *that* critical

But still very nice if you can work it in. It's an extra Deadly Weapons, plus 2% dodge.

Aside from that, The Harper tree is actually second in importance only to Endless Fusillade. I find that a rune arm still provides dps in epics. It's not the closer it used to be in heroics, but don't let its demotion fool you into thinking it doesn't contribute.

That said, I prefer to run around with a rune arm charged to level 3 and no movement penalty, but I would not criticize a T5 Harper investment. It does better things for your crossbow than Weapon Attachment does. The challenge is doing T5 Harper while still getting BE capstone....

Edit: I added 100 potency to one of my TF repeaters, and it makes all kinds of good things happen, but it's still only an option if you are relatively equipment-starved. They're only allowed to laugh if they know you have access to the appropriate spell power gear, or somewhere to slot spell power that doesn't cost you Meteor Star procs.
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2014 at 1:02am by Revaulting »  

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #15 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 3:14am
Print Post  
I use the sage ring. Easy to get and WIS+8, CHA+8, Potency 92 plus a yellow slot are a good bundle.

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #16 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 3:51am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Oct 22nd, 2014 at 9:15pm:
My pure arti gets 2 min displaces, now that he abandoned the Arcano capstone. Used to be longer.

This is interesting, but I assume your are talking about GS clickies, which are CL16 and "artificer knowledge: wondrous items" bumps them to 20.

As for scrolls, I used to get 1 minute out of them on a capstoned Arcanotechnician, base CL 5; +5 CL from "Arti knowledge: scrolls". Arcanotech's capstone does not apply to scrolls. One minute is not that bad.
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2014 at 3:51am by crunch »  

IP Logged

adolrak
Korthos Resident

March of the Noobs!

Reply #17 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 12:45am
Print Post  
Ill prolly delete the thread and plot out the build and then gear once i am ready to TR into the build so I do appreciate gear ideas as well esp things that are easier to get.  Currently all the toon has for epic gear is cannith stuff and citw weaps aka free stuff

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #18 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 2:03am
Print Post  
crunch wrote on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 3:51am:
This is interesting, but I assume your are talking about GS clickies, which are CL16 and "artificer knowledge: wondrous items" bumps them to 20.

As for scrolls, I used to get 1 minute out of them on a capstoned Arcanotechnician, base CL 5; +5 CL from "Arti knowledge: scrolls". Arcanotech's capstone does not apply to scrolls. One minute is not that bad.

You are making good sense. I logged back in to check.. You're right, it's not scrolls. My pure arti gets 90 seconds from a CL 10 Eternal Flask. With the capstone, that would've been 2 min. I had that part confused.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #19 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
adolrak wrote on Oct 22nd, 2014 at 12:22pm:
Alot of the forum stuff talks about the sages locket being absolutely vital which is fine I guess, but as far as i can tell it is only 3 dc you lose, if u slot a +2 evo aug.  I like the necklace of mystic eidilons myself seems to do alot of good.

Lots to consider..

They stack. (spell dc) Augments stack with everything. They didn't used to though.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
adolrak wrote on Oct 22nd, 2014 at 12:22pm:
I like the necklace of mystic eidilons myself seems to do alot of good.

I hate that necklace. Net gain of 28 hps, 1 fort and 1 reflex over anything else that could be there.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #21 - Nov 7th, 2014 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
Um yeah I was dreaming...it is 1 min on Displacement scroll with 16 levels of Arti.

IP Logged

Kalasnikitty
Korthos Resident

And your mama to

Reply #22 - Nov 7th, 2014 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
Artificers are pure p2w heroic level zerg machines but also  great class to learn spell and combat mechanics. Warforged great self healing capability and Immunitys add a lot to it's power.
For pure/multiclass Xbow + Rune arm user I recommend:

36 pt. build:
16 dex. +5 tome for Combat Archery, 18. Con, 18. Int.
In this state of game best Armor option is Ada body.
Take basic Xbow feats early. Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot.
Meta magics take as bonus Feats, Quicken before level 6 for Turret and you are good to go.

If you ask about Dps at end game only 2 options. Fury or Draconic Incarnation. Shiradi is fun for group play but weak Dps.  Draconic is not far ahead of Fury Dps wise but involves close encounters with groups of mobs, suicide sorcerer style. Possible Spell Power is 750+ with metas and buffs.  New rune arm Knives Eternal got Force on it and  solved basic problem, we can now add second element of choice to TF Weapon.  Xbow oriented can multiclass for more PBS/Sneak range etc. 

« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2014 at 6:21pm by Kalasnikitty »  

You gotta fight for your right to party!

IP Logged

Kalasnikitty
Korthos Resident

And your mama to

Reply #23 - Nov 7th, 2014 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
adolrak wrote on Oct 21st, 2014 at 2:07am:
So I am still pretty new to the forums, mostly using them for build research, and I am coming to the point where one of my toons is ready for a long term build.  I made an arti when they first came out and went hey this is awesome, basically auto win!  So I went out and I got him 3 ranger PL, 3 Druid PL and hes just about to finish his 3rd Sorc PL.  I went WF all lives cause i went and got him some decent docents and such, then i went and got him decent crossbows, he has needle and greensteel and whatever. 

So my question is, is there any hope for me in a viable arti build that might not get me laughed at in EE content.

At a glance I went 16 arti 2 pal 2 rang (Free Rapid Shot, Far Shot,Inferno Shot)  With Ada body PRR is 130+ EE ready. Still get 2 level 6 spells bb and deadly, SLA reconstruct, little boost to my saves and I dont have to burn my +20 heart.

My concerns are, sp being too low to spam all the SLA's and healing and bb's with only 16 arti levels, its not exactly a sorc sp pool.  Also I kinda waste the druid PL's since the defender will suck, not that I would ever use it in EE content but regardless.

Also I dont see a way to get the dex for Imp Precise shot as a bladeforged, so that's missing too.  

So ya, Im kinda stuck.  I dont have alot of experience with EE content as I've been grinding heroic lives not epic ones so Im not sure what to expect and what kind of feats/builds are 'required' to survive the content.  Hell I'd even take gear advice things i should get asap. 

Thanks

On that build i would focus more on Xbow. Fury will give you nice boost to HP and with IPS Adrenalin shots can be amaizing. You can start with 15 Con, that should give you  enough Dex for Combat Archery. 55 Dc is good number for EEs, evading mobs like archers will save on dmg but will lay down from Tactical Detonation and get dazed from Lightning Sphere. Finnish em' with IPS adrenaline pew pew pew. Double shot will give more chance for adrenaline on second  bolt. Epic TR gives free respec for fine tuning and personalization. In options change Tab to target last/farther  mob, that way you maximize Improved Precise Shot. This works on all ranged and spells like Lightning Bolt. 
« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2014 at 9:15pm by Kalasnikitty »  

You gotta fight for your right to party!

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #24 - Nov 7th, 2014 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Kalasnikitty wrote on Nov 7th, 2014 at 6:18pm:
If you ask about Dps at end game only 2 options. Fury or Draconic Incarnation. Shiradi is fun for group play but weak Dps.  Draconic is not far ahead of Fury Dps wise but involves close encounters with groups of mobs, suicide sorcerer style. Possible Spell Power is 750+ with metas and buffs.  New rune arm Knives Eternal got Force on it and  solved basic problem, we can now add second element of choice to TF Weapon.  Xbow oriented can multiclass for more PBS/Sneak range etc. 

I found DC to be on par with Fury and DI, if not entirely better. It isn't as flashy, but it adds to everything an arti does. Plus, how can you argue with a +50 boost to ranged/melee power, spell power, and double shot/strike? You can't!

The rest are definitely ymmv. Fatesinger surprised me by not sucking. Shiradi adds control, and if you twist Sense Weakness, or have access to helpless dmg boosts from enhancements, then dps doesn't have to suffer at all. It helps to remember that while Colors is flashy, more than half of your proc dps is coming from sonic and force, so gear appropriately. Shadowdancer is a sleeper hit, but like Rogues in general, it has a steeper learning curve before you can play to its strengths (which admittedly shine brighter when soloing).

IMO, the worst destinies for an arti are GMoF and Primal. (Xbow builds can literally only use two or three of the abilities in LD, but they still gain some nice things from the core feats.)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint