Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) TWF Build (Read 13569 times)
Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

TWF Build
Oct 21st, 2014 at 11:02am
Print Post  
A little bored with my main ranged atm.  I really am liking the SWF pally, but now want to turn my foucus to another bank toon and making him TWF.  I didn't see anything recent on it so, figured I would ask.  I am not keen on being a wolf... but am open to ideas.

Thanks in adavance  Smiley

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Re: TWF Build
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
As every single person will suggest, prolly 15 palie 5 ranger being the best 2 weapon fight build atm /non wolf
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2014 at 2:31pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
15pally, 3 ranger, 2 monk.  For 100% off hand attacks.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Oct 21st, 2014 at 4:31pm:

But you're limited to weaker weapons, our guild number cruncher showed this to be a poor choice.  Khopesh is king, rapier/scimitar not far behind.  Regarding weapons pierce-specced which works out as Deathnkights DR is only broken by Celestias. 

Currently in Pally 15/ranger 3/Fighter 2 heavy armor build and the toon is excellent.  I'm pretty sure he did more damage as a centered-kensai but saves in the 70s and a ton of PRR/MRR as well as the better healing make up for it.

He's by far my favorite toon for EE Mark of Death.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #4 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Oct 21st, 2014 at 4:31pm:

Assuming I do not care about being centered then, yes?

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #5 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Oct 21st, 2014 at 2:31pm:
As every single person will suggest, prolly 15 palie 5 ranger being the best 2 weapon fight build atm /non wolf

Dance of Death is wonderful, but that's an AP nightmare.

My Tempest (Bigjunk) has Dance of death and it's wonderful but I really don't miss it on my paladin (Meathelmet) who has both the cleaves.  The Cleaves are good enough.

Dance of Death also doesn't do shit to help you against red-names.  Trash dies fast enough, it dying a little slower isn't that big of a deal.  YMMV of course.
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2014 at 4:45pm by Bigjunk »  

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #6 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Oct 21st, 2014 at 4:42pm:

It's still a good choice if building for evasion, but with the benefits of heavy armor now that's very questionable.  We have Tempest Rangers now switching to Heavy Armor.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #7 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Oct 21st, 2014 at 4:42pm:

I guess you could wear robes and use shortswords.

Personally I'd go for heavy armor and Khopeshes.

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #8 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Oct 21st, 2014 at 4:44pm:

It's still a good choice if building for evasion, but with the benefits of heavy armor now that's very questionable.  We have Tempest Rangers now switching to Heavy Armor.

I don't doubt Heavy Armor as my SWF Pally could care less for evasion even in EE with PRR and MRR the way it is.  Would scimitar be a choice then... with heavy armor and build to PRR?
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2014 at 4:57pm by Kluege »  

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #9 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Oct 21st, 2014 at 4:43pm:
My Tempest (Bigjunk) has Dance of death and it's wonderful

My half elf ranger is 'built' toward Furyshot; but has cleaves, PA, etc & should be at LEAST respectable in melee.  It is a nightmare to melee with this hooker when compared to even my fighter who was a level lower. 

Did I miss a memo?  AA isn't fun since they nuked stacking and I'm trying to find a way to motivate myself to get this character to 28.  I've tried Tempest on another character but DoD is only good if crap doesn't run from you & stays in front of you.  Cleave hits home just about anywhere.  My Barbarian is more fun....

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #10 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Oct 21st, 2014 at 4:56pm:
  Would scimitar be a choice then... with heavy armor and build to PRR?

If you don't have the weapons already I would go rapier.  It's the same damage and since it's pierce-specced you'll also be able to use Celestias.  EE Deathnights have about 100 DR and Celestias cut right through it.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #11 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Oct 21st, 2014 at 5:01pm:
My half elf ranger is 'built' toward Furyshot; but has cleaves, PA, etc & should be at LEAST respectable in melee.  It is a nightmare to melee with this hooker when compared to even my fighter who was a level lower. 

Did I miss a memo?  AA isn't fun since they nuked stacking and I'm trying to find a way to motivate myself to get this character to 28.  I've tried Tempest on another character but DoD is only good if crap doesn't run from you & stays in front of you.  Cleave hits home just about anywhere.  My Barbarian is more fun....

My pally is a much stronger toon than the ranger is now, but the ranger is still good.  Dance of death freed up two feats and still allows for good AOE damage.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #12 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 4:02am
Print Post  
Just a question, i know that building for ee mark is prolly the cool way to do.
But that raid is done once on ee for fun and thats about it.
No point since loot drops is so shitty and you are forced to zerg 20 normals anyways.
I personally wold rather build for the 99.99% other content that i will run and not for that 1 ee run of a shitty boring raid.

Just me tho.

I agree that dance costs to much ap, way to much, its really powerful but 6 ap for aoe.. Dont know, im sold on it for wolf builds tho, with that att speed it helps me chop thro ee vol mobs super fast /quest i run nonstop cuz of fucking helm

Also munk you cant say 100% offstrike since the offstrike aplies only while centerd, i thought for a long time it was bugged and worked noncenterd as well, but as i tested yestday you dont get offstrike while uncenterd from monks deft strikes so i would totally skip on it.
Monk splashing is mostly dead on most builds
Imo growing storm alone is worth the ranger splash, 10 damage that is stacked fast on a 2 weapon fighter and can be used quite alot.
I would go 15 palie 4 ranger and the 1 for whatever, most possibly 5th ranger and go for dance and use palie mainly as holy sword/stance/exalted smite
« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2014 at 4:08am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #13 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 9:09am
Print Post  
The biggest issue with doing a bank toon TR is the clearing out the TR bank.  I have not been able to TR yet since I am spending like a friggen hour clearing out the previous TR bank.

Other than that, I am also leaning towards the heavy armor khopesh 15/5 split.  I am not seeing much use for monk if I am not going to have evasion or be centered.

I have this very gimped, undergeared toon sitting at level 23 and want to get him up to 26 so I can farm a 1 phlog from each of the raids before I TR.
« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2014 at 9:09am by Kluege »  

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #14 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 11:28am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Oct 22nd, 2014 at 4:02am:
Just a question, i know that building for ee mark is prolly the cool way to do.
But that raid is done once on ee for fun and thats about it.
No point since loot drops is so shitty and you are forced to zerg 20 normals anyways.
I personally wold rather build for the 99.99% other content that i will run and not for that 1 ee run of a shitty boring raid.

My Wizard’s first 20 runs were all EE and EH and in those 20 she got the Litany, the Ring, the Helm, and a quiver which I put up for roll.

I’ll swear to whatever diety you name that the drop-rates on EH are good enough that it’s worth doing on EH.

The other 99% isn’t tough enough for it to matter.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #15 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
So, is the consensus 15/5 or 15/3/2?  I need to clear out bank space, but will be TRing this weekend.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #16 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Oct 22nd, 2014 at 4:02am:
Also munk you cant say 100% offstrike since the offstrike aplies only while centerd, i thought for a long time it was bugged and worked noncenterd as well

I just checked my notes.  You're semi right, and I was completely wrong earlier in this thread.  Deft strikes works fine if you're offensively un centered, but if you're defensively un centered  Deft strikes does nothing.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 12:54pm:
So, is the consensus 15/5 or 15/3/2?  I need to clear out bank space, but will be TRing this weekend.

The 15/5 is unnecessary for Dance of Death.  Things die fast enough as is....I would suggest 15/3/2.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #18 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 12:12am
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 9:11pm:
The 15/5 is unnecessary for Dance of Death.  Things die fast enough as is....I would suggest 15/3/2.

This.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 10:49am
Print Post  
To clarify:  15 Paladin/3 Ranger/2 Fighter heavy armor or 15 Paladin/3 Ranger/2 Monk for evasion (I still like it), though limited to shortswords and kamas (or longswords if you invest in whirling steel strike sorta meh, but not awful...still probably not worth it).

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #20 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Oct 24th, 2014 at 10:49am:
To clarify:  15 Paladin/3 Ranger/2 Fighter heavy armor or 15 Paladin/3 Ranger/2 Monk for evasion (I still like it), though limited to shortswords and kamas (or longswords if you invest in whirling steel strike sorta meh, but not awful...still probably not worth it).

Heavy Armor gives you more damage mitigation in more circumstances.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #21 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
So why 2 monk if you are uncentered and will not benefit from evasion, stances, AC... etc.?  Is there a must have in the 2 tiers of monk that I am not accounting for?

Fighter for the feats?
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2014 at 12:13pm by Kluege »  

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #22 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Oct 24th, 2014 at 12:06pm:
So why 2 monk if you are uncentered and will not benefit from evasion, stances, AC... etc.?  Is there a must have in the 2 tiers of monk that I am not accounting for?

You do not need to be centered for the evasion, works fine with light armor.  In more situations though you are better off in Heavy as the PRR and 30/60 DR of TF plate are wonderful.

A lot of people on this forum over-value being centered.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #23 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Oct 24th, 2014 at 12:09pm:
You do not need to be centered for the evasion, works fine with light armor.  In more situations though you are better off in Heavy as the PRR and 30/60 DR of TF plate are wonderful.

A lot of people on this forum over-value being centered.

No I get the heavy armor + Shadow Plate.  I have on my SWF pally and it is awesome.  I was just wondering why have monk if there is no benefit... but it looks like fighter would be alternative if I go heavy armor.. which I would.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
I would trust Bigjunk's advice.  I have played both to cap recently and found that the centered version with monk was not far off from the heavy armor version except for the crappy weapons.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint