Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Bard with Divine Might? (Read 3961 times)
Feynman
Epic Poster

I regret nothing!

Bard with Divine Might?
Oct 29th, 2014 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Have a dronk I need to TR; 3rd life, +3 STR, INT and CHA tomes, +2  DEX, CON and WIS, and best of all, 2 unopened raider's reward boxes Smiley

Here's what I'm thinking:

17 Bard/2 Rogue/1 FVS

Half-Elf

STR 16
DEX 14
CON 14
INT  12
WIS  8
CHA  16

Precision
Dilettante: Paladin
SWF
Empower Healing
iSWF
IC: Piercing
gSWF
Extend

I'm not sure whether to go STR or CHA with levels; STR would be more DPS, but this could potentially be a viable cc'r, as well...

"Science makes godlike -- it is all over with priests and gods when man becomes scientific. Moral: science is the forbidden as such -- it alone is forbidden. Science is the *first* sin, the *original* sin. *This alone is morality.* ``Thou shalt not know'' -- the rest follows."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Bard with Divine Might?
Reply #1 - Oct 30th, 2014 at 12:14am
Print Post  
Feynman wrote on Oct 29th, 2014 at 8:30pm:
+2  DEX, CON and WIS
You need some cards, broseph.

17 Bard/2 Rogue/1 FVS

Why so much bard? 5th and 6th level spells are kind of weak. Most bards stop at 12 for that reason. Increasing your fvs levels on a drow using celestia would net you +1 weapon enchantment lines from warpriest using favored weapon(will probably bug celestias though:p). If you have harper just take melee power increases at least it wont bug celestia.

Half-Elf

Swashbucklers dont really have trouble with saves. Human(meh), Dwarf(if you haz tf axe or pick) or Drow(has best synergy with your citw boxes- celestias/balizardes) instead?

STR would be more DPS, but this could potentially be a viable cc'r, as well...

Sing a song and kill them all. Why bother with other cc. Str based and enough charisma to get it to 36+ for DM.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Feynman
Epic Poster

I regret nothing!

Reply #2 - Oct 30th, 2014 at 12:25am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 30th, 2014 at 12:14am:
You need some cards, broseph.

Nah, just need to play this char more Smiley

Why so much bard? 5th and 6th level spells are kind of weak. Most bards stop at 12 for that reason. Increasing your fvs levels on a drow using celestia would net you +1 weapon enchantment lines from warpriest using favored weapon(will probably bug celestias though:p). If you have harper just take melee power increases at least it wont bug celestia.

Harper is a good idea, if I have the AP to spare, but high bard was mostly because of the lack of a reason to go more rogue or FVS. I considered 13 rogue/6 bard/1 FVS, but kind of squishy.

Swashbucklers dont really have trouble with saves. Human(meh), Dwarf(if you haz tf axe or pick) or Drow(has best synergy with your citw boxes- celestias/balizardes) instead?

Are you finding 70ish reflex workable on evasion chars end game? I'm finding it to be a little low, and that's on high monk builds.

Sing a song and kill them all. Why bother with other cc. Str based and enough charisma to get it to 36+ for DM.

Fair enough Smiley

Now if I can just squeeze in EWP: Kama and IC: Slash...

"Science makes godlike -- it is all over with priests and gods when man becomes scientific. Moral: science is the forbidden as such -- it alone is forbidden. Science is the *first* sin, the *original* sin. *This alone is morality.* ``Thou shalt not know'' -- the rest follows."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Oct 30th, 2014 at 12:37am
Print Post  
Feynman wrote on Oct 30th, 2014 at 12:25am:
considered 13 rogue/6 bard/1 FVS, but kind of squishy.

Dont see how higher bard levels are less squishy. Your will saves will be few points higher as bard than rogue.

Feynman wrote on Oct 30th, 2014 at 12:25am:
Are you finding 70ish reflex workable on evasion chars end game? I'm finding it to be a little low, and that's on high monk builds.

Depends where. EE thunderholme, EE 3bc, EE necro 4, no. The rest of the game, yeah. Not many other builds are breaching that number. And if they are then most of them are dex based or pally splashed.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #4 - Oct 30th, 2014 at 12:45am
Print Post  
I have a divine might bard. I like it a lot less than I did when it had fighter levels instead of fvs levels.  The split must have seemed like a good idea at the time (10bard/6fvs/4rogue)but i have no idea why I did that split. Probably because I just swapped in 6 fvs in place of 6 fighter.

The high str is ok, but i prefer the survivability. This was also before, when you had to have 6 fighter levels for defensive stance. But the fighter levels mean I get more freebie feats. Which is nice for the full swf + cleaves + shield mastery line.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #5 - Oct 30th, 2014 at 11:11am
Print Post  
Sing a song and kill them all.

had an air elemental on enormal in Fleshmaker save against Fascinate last night while soloing.  I almost fainted.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Oct 30th, 2014 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Oct 30th, 2014 at 11:11am:
had an air elemental on enormal in Fleshmaker save against Fascinate last night while soloing.  I almost fainted.

Ha! What is your dc?

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

peanut brittle

Reply #7 - Nov 4th, 2014 at 8:38am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 30th, 2014 at 12:22pm:
Ha! What is your dc?

83 =(

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #8 - Nov 4th, 2014 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Mobs can "roll" a "20" on a save too right?

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

peanut brittle

Reply #9 - Nov 4th, 2014 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Nov 4th, 2014 at 3:02pm:
Mobs can "roll" a "20" on a save too right?

I'd not seen one up till this point.  Not saying it hasn't happened, just saying I'd never seen it.  I'll mez whole dungeons and complete before they catch up in some cases.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #10 - Nov 5th, 2014 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Nov 4th, 2014 at 8:38am:
83 =(

+d20 or is that max?

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #11 - Nov 6th, 2014 at 2:28am
Print Post  
decided to give this a go with 1 fvs for divine might, 6 fighter for feats + stance and 13 bard for bard stuff. my previous was 10b/6fvs/2rog and i didn't like it much (as my previous comment made mention of)

i'll be losing evasion from the missing 2 rogue, but i'd like to see how it plays out. i went shadar kai because i think they look cool, and i still had a +20 heart to burn.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

peanut brittle

Reply #12 - Nov 9th, 2014 at 11:21am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Nov 5th, 2014 at 11:06pm:
+d20 or is that max?

+d20

I went and tested in Searing Heights; if the mob rolls a 20 it resists...and that happens a whole hell of a lot.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint