Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Caster FvS (Read 9752 times)
AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Caster FvS
Reply #25 - Nov 20th, 2014 at 2:34am
Print Post  
I would do at least a 3rd level of wizard to pick up scorching ray.  You can have a solid DPS rotation with mm sla, mm and SR.

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Nov 20th, 2014 at 4:06am
Print Post  
livefreeordie wrote on Nov 19th, 2014 at 7:19pm:
Thanks for all the input, and you actually bring up some points I came to as well. 

I just posted the following on my guild formums

Mew cleared up some of the MM questions I have, but what are suggestions for a still Caster DPS focused (not necessary DC) but on the survivable side. I will think about 18/2 wiz as well, but my fotm is leaning towards DPS with some tankyness.

*EDIT* Thoughts on best Epic past life if I only plan on doing 1 for now?

Fvs isn't needed for wings, you can get wings from Exalted Angel which is coninsidently the best ed for a dc/light nuking divine.

I too have a nostalgic connection to fvs and the conception that fvs > cleric but that is a thing of the past.
Today cleric > fvs (especially if you're running ee/eh mod which you most likely will in order to get atleast two items, probably 3 and maybe 4).

Regarding dc casting, divines are fully capable performing in EE's if they are built for it.
Personally I give up a few wisdom points in favor of extra nukage (ruin, taking good stuff from EA tree).

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Nov 20th, 2014 at 4:11am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Nov 20th, 2014 at 2:34am:
I would do at least a 3rd level of wizard to pick up scorching ray.  You can have a solid DPS rotation with mm sla, mm and SR. 

You get much better single target dps spamming light spells and SLA's IMO. The numbers are pretty crazy especially if you use rebuke foe and twist empyrian magic.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Nov 20th, 2014 at 5:39am
Print Post  
SayWhatAgain wrote on Nov 20th, 2014 at 4:11am:
You get much better single target dps spamming light spells and SLA's IMO. The numbers are pretty crazy especially if you use rebuke foe and twist empyrian magic.

Interesting, care to spell it out a bit more?

IP Logged

nietzsche
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Nov 20th, 2014 at 7:47am
Print Post  
DC is DPS: pack a group of enemies then soundburst + divine wrath and energy burst

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint