Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic An idea so dumb... (Read 2767 times)
Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

An idea so dumb...
Nov 19th, 2014 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
Had an idea for my old ranged build and finally put it together enough to try the concept on Lamma.  Sadly Lamma was too buggy to see how feasible it was or to fine tune it.  After nine years of builds this was just as much trying something I never did as much as being good.

15Pal/4Arty/1Ftr
Human
Great Xbow(maybe repeater or swf also)
Harper main, fusillade, ftr extra boost, human damage boost, +20% hit points defender

Idea was high base damage and 15 fusillades with human damage boost.  I think it would be(depending on holy sword nerfs)
+23 7.75(2d8) 11-20x3
19% doubleshot up to 79%(zeal of the righteous and celestial champion)

I have enough feats to grab swf chain or quicken/emp heal.

Here is a pic from Lamma of a fresh char with just 20 mins of dojo work, note the base damage rating:

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: An idea so dumb...
Reply #1 - Nov 19th, 2014 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
I saw you on lama trying this build out. You kept killing my kobolds!! Cleared them out pretty fast.

Looked good.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Reply #2 - Nov 19th, 2014 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 19th, 2014 at 10:49pm:
I saw you on lama trying this build out. You kept killing my kobolds!! Cleared them out pretty fast.

Looked good.

Until I got into a quest and would go 5 shots at times with no hits.  Hard to test dps when you aren't even hitting.  If I can get doubleshot high enough I may not swap to a repeater.

Still need help on feats, right now I have planned:

Point blank, precise, improved precise, rapid shot, imp crit ranged, quicken, emp heal, insightful reflexes, force of personality, precision
Overwhelming, combat archery, blinding speed
Doubleshot, positive spell power

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Nov 19th, 2014 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
Is there a reason for the 15th paladin level?  Does zeal work with ranged/

IP Logged

Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Reply #4 - Nov 20th, 2014 at 4:06am
Print Post  
Not that I know of.

The char is old, pre Motu.  It needs good healing(cure serious) until it gets destiny xp, twists, epic items, etc.  Change it to your situation.  I wouldn't go making a great xbow build just yet though.  I will get on Lamma again when it's more stable.

IP Logged

Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Reply #5 - Dec 6th, 2014 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
Will hit 28 tonight and began the first of many ERs.  As I am filling destinies I am wondering what to twist from these:

Energy Burst fire - can slot combustion in weapon to get implement and 300+ fire power for burst and consecration.  Also lose meteoric but gain much more healing from implement.  Will have ~50 intelligence so will be decent.

Pin - have not been playing ranged toons for a few years so little experience with it.  When tested on lamma I had problems getting it to land consistently with repeater or great xbows.  I know its powerful but if I can't get it to work a lot not taking it.  Any advice?

Extra boosts - have 12 with optional +2 from Tod necklace.  That is 7 minutes of fusillade.  Is 3 more really needed?

Intolerant blows - with no need for smites this gives +1 w, which will replace the holy sword nerf.

I did take manyshot as my final feat and took pinion and needle with my boxes.  Great xbow isn't that great without lots of doubleshot and being I won't have the past lives or be in Crusader much for awhile I am using Needle for now.  I will say a great xbow fusillade > manyshot > fusillade combo is one of the best burst combos in game.  Can do all 3 in <40 seconds.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #6 - Dec 6th, 2014 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
Trollero wrote on Dec 6th, 2014 at 8:19pm:
holy sword nerf.

What?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Dec 7th, 2014 at 12:12am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 6th, 2014 at 11:07pm:
What?

no (W) and only a +1 enchantment. Crit range and multiplier still there.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint