Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) U24 Max DPS Barbarian (Read 184745 times)
Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Re: U24 Max DPS Barbarian
Reply #150 - Jan 21st, 2015 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 7:11pm:
It is no shame to admit being wrong. It at least shows more integrity than pulling "I was trolling you all along" card.
I would always give people benefit of the doubt but why would you keep posting wrong info or pretend to be someone else is beyond me, really. I think builds section of the Vault has always been pretty cool.

Why don't you spend 5 minutes of your precious time smacking dummy or you favourite mob with Cleaves and autottacks and see for yourself instead of throwing insults hidden behind someone else's name.

Are you retarded ?

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #151 - Jan 21st, 2015 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
FM wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 8:58pm:
The fuck are you even responding to? My post that you quoted and my other posts don't mention the proc being part of anything Paladin related. Gratz on not being able to read or test.

Strike Down can proc the fire damage on a glancing blow.

Wait - so both you and the original fucktard can't test, don't know what you are talking about, loudly show off your ignorance, and then try to turn it around because I didn't carefully examine a screenshot that wasn't worth shit in the first place because it showed faulty testing?

By the way, I noticed you've been spamming the boards with threads that are obviously meant to endear you to the Vault community - calling out easy targets like Fran and Meli, mentioning donuts and using other vault type speak - how's that been working out for you? Everybody pretty much embracing you with open arms or does it turn out that people don't actually have a high enough idiot tolerance to do accept you and your obvious attempts?

And no, I'm no insider, but I'm not an obvious, pathetic, needy wannabe.

If the character is centered, Great Cleave can doublestrike. I tested it.

The irony.
« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2015 at 3:46pm by »  

IP Logged

bleedblast
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #152 - Jan 21st, 2015 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Bacardi wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 1:50pm:
Oh FFS not the "He is outkilling us in quests" proof again.....

ITS ALL ABOYT THE LAST HIT RETARDS! .

Yeah can be true but omg having 200 kills and the rest of the party got like 10 kills together   Undecided it's weird so I'm too good doing last hits without notice honestly, and it's true you don't get any reward but..... you get heals when killing( barbs and crusaders) and I always play those so let's keep outkilling those "real damage and boring playstyle but no kills toons" well for me sir I don't understand why you want a build with over 9000 dps if you have a shitty playstyle, playstyle and dps numbers come together make us a favor roll cleric and be sure nobody die or just kill stuff and stfu, I always do number 2  Cheesy

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #153 - Jan 21st, 2015 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
Actually you do get something for kills now, at least for champs, have to be lower lvl than the quest lvl when killing champs to get fragments or chests on orange champs.

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #154 - Jan 21st, 2015 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
bleedblast wrote on Jan 21st, 2015 at 4:17pm:
Yeah can be true but omg having 200 kills and the rest of the party got like 10 kills together   Undecided it's weird so I'm too good doing last hits without notice honestly, and it's true you don't get any reward but..... you get heals when killing( barbs and crusaders) and I always play those so let's keep outkilling those "real damage and boring playstyle but no kills toons" well for me sir I don't understand why you want a build with over 9000 dps if you have a shitty playstyle, playstyle and dps numbers come together make us a favor roll cleric and be sure nobody die or just kill stuff and stfu, I always do number 2  Cheesy

Wow relax fucktard,you streched that scenario that much that reminds me of your mothers asshole.

200kills to 10 Yeap you are a DPS God all pray lord eatingdicks

46 to 35 and 32 you are just doing your part in the quest with the other DPS bitches.

Most of the time i shutdown and do my thing like when i solo,then i hear a comment like

"ohhhhhhh X is 5 kills behind Bacardi" and i immediately lose interest and focus and stop tryharding because i have nothing to prove.

My goal is to finish the quest more efficiently and not measure Epeenises like the ones you eat.

And yeah i can be a dick on my Wizard fingering 10hp mobs just to spite people but that example i gave last time was spot on for casters Wink
« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2015 at 6:49pm by Bacardi »  

Epoch wrote on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:46am:
I can tell by your typing that you are an uneducated fuckwit.  This explains why you think books are bad.  I bet you think school is hard and you shouldn't have to repeat 7th grade again this year.

IP Logged

Cetus
Ex Member

Reply #155 - Jan 22nd, 2015 at 1:29am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:34pm:
Wasn't surprised to see that GC now doublestrikes and so did all of the monk ki attacks   

That's interesting. Now did you notice this from a while ago, or is this a recent thing? And are you just singling out GC, or it works with cleave as well?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #156 - Jan 22nd, 2015 at 7:48am
Print Post  

Quote:
Now did you notice this from a while ago, or is this a recent thing?

It was as of U21. Not so prior.

Quote:
And are you just singling out GC, or it works with cleave as well?

Just GC. Cleave did not proc doublestrike.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #157 - Jan 22nd, 2015 at 10:13am
Print Post  
I will doublestrike all the great cleavages.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Reply #158 - Jan 23rd, 2015 at 5:06am
Print Post  
Just messed around on Lamma with a 20Barb FB/Rav with one major change.  I went unarmed centered with supreme cleave and whirlwind in Flowers.  Multi hit cleaves and whirlwinds, I shall name it Mini-tree.

I was just a first life no ship/tome gimp, I don't think it can compete.  Was just a crazy idea that was kinda fun.  Maybe one of you guys with a ton of past lives can give it a test and see if you can make it work.

IP Logged

Odin212
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #159 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Been wondering about this for a while, how is it possible to take Divine crusader on this build? Its pure barb and on the wiki the divine crusader says that you need 6 levels in one of paladin, cleric, or favor soul to take. Is that just out of date or is there a way of getting around this requirement?

Second if you can pick any of the ED's, why did you pick divine crusader over any of the others? Fury of the wild seems like it was made for barbarian.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #160 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
Odin212 wrote on Feb 24th, 2015 at 1:33pm:
Been wondering about this for a while, how is it possible to take Divine crusader on this build? Its pure barb and on the wiki the divine crusader says that you need 6 levels in one of paladin, cleric, or favor soul to take. Is that just out of date or is there a way of getting around this requirement?

Second if you can pick any of the ED's, why did you pick divine crusader over any of the others? Fury of the wild seems like it was made for barbarian.

Any class can take any destiny, but to start out, if you've never been in EDs before, you have to start in one based on the class you're in, but you can move on to other spheres after leveling up.  After you TR, you can start in any ED you have points in.

DC is a better all around destiny for melee than Fury.  Fury is big burst DPS, then kinda meh for the rest of the time.  DC adds some defense and a whole lot of offense full-time.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #161 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 10:34pm
Print Post  

You would need 6 levels to start in DC the first time you ever talk to the fatespinner after the first time you ever take level 20. After that you can be in any destiny that you have unlocked regardless of your current build.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Destinies

Divine Crusader is best for this build. Legendary Dreadnought is a very close second. The only time that I would be in Fury is if I had to farm Primal Karma for Epic Reincarnation. I agree that it is not very flavorful for a barbarian to crusade, but the synergy of DPS and healing is too strong to ignore, and the best part of Fury by far is Sense Weakness...which can be twisted into any other destiny. (As I do.)

In short, certain abilities are too good not to take (Sense Weakness, Balanced Attacks, Celestial Champion, Consecration, etc.)  and DC lets me combine them.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #162 - Feb 25th, 2015 at 8:08am
Print Post  
Any real update here or is post 34 still the build?

IP Logged

Scrybe
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #163 - Feb 25th, 2015 at 11:30am
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Feb 25th, 2015 at 8:08am:

This will probs be my next life build.  Haven't hit up barbarian on my main toon, so why not? XD.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #164 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 6:41am
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Feb 25th, 2015 at 8:08am:

Nope, #34 is still all that and a bag of chips. Though it looks like you don't really need heavy armor proficiency anymore.

(Hint: Nerf was not as bad as advertised.)

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Shadehater

Smite Stupid!

Reply #165 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 9:28am
Print Post  
May I ask what you slot and what your sustainable str and con are?

I'm also curios at first number damage for my comparisons

Thanks!

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #166 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Feb 27th, 2015 at 9:28am:
May I ask what you slot and what your sustainable str and con are?

I'm also curios at first number damage for my comparisons

Thanks!

This is what I'm using:

Armor : Shadow Dragon Scale (Striker)
Goggles : Epic Mentau
Helmet : Mythic Emerald Gaze
Necklace : Shroud of Ardent
Trinket : Epic Litany
Cloak : Prismatic Violet/Blue/Green (Wizardry)
Belt : Epic Thoughtful Remembrance
Ring 1: Skirmisher Ring
Ring 2: EE Shadows
Gloves : Sanctified Gages
Boots : orcish privateer
Bracers : Convalescent of Superior Parrying
Quiver : Epic Alacrity

(Cloak and Ring 1 are essentially "open" since there isn't a clear best in slot right now)

I can't log in right now to verify but IIRC:
Strength is
18 base
11 enhancement
4 insight
2 profane
2 ravager
2 ED
2 completionist
10 mighty rage
4 frenzy
2 yugo pot
3 power rage
= 69 strength

Con is
17 base
2 insight
2 profane
2 FB
2 completionist
10 mighty rage
3 hardy rage
= 49 constitution

Damage fluctuates a lot with Storm's eye, action boost, consecration, helpless, etc. but IIRC without all that stuff I was still seeing ~150 mainhand and ~130 offhand first numbers.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Shadehater

Smite Stupid!

Reply #167 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 1:51am
Print Post  
Thanks!

I always try to judge my builds comparison with permanent 1st number damage.  I feel including all buffs that are temporary causes a disconnect and people start reporting numbers harder to verify.

I'm working on a version of this and in glad it's looking similar so far.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #168 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 5:29am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Feb 27th, 2015 at 11:37pm:
Necklace : Shroud of Ardent

Bracers : Convalescent of Superior Parrying

these no longer stack. ardent is listed as actual 60 just display error on 30.

Cloak : Prismatic Violet/Blue/Green (Wizardry)

Ring 1: Skirmisher Ring

you could get ee consuming darkness and eveningstar cloak for 17 seeker

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #169 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 5:31am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 28th, 2015 at 5:29am:

Good suggestion on cloak, I totally forgot about that one.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #170 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 5:38am
Print Post  

Convalescent is 20. (well 40 now I guess...I should double check stacking anyway.) If they don't work I'll probably swap in ethereal bracers.

I've got seeker on Mentau's goggles. Still looking at other options for cloak and ring.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #171 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 6:26am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Feb 28th, 2015 at 5:38am:
I've got seeker on Mentau's goggles. Still looking at other options for cloak and ring.

You replace the goggles and you get five more seeker.  Sadly cloaks are not that good.  The best cloak is the new one from remnants turn in.  It has stacking heal amp.  You can now check your healing amplification by moving the mouse cursor over your hp on your character sheet.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #172 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 11:36am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 28th, 2015 at 6:26am:
The best cloak is the new one from remnants turn in. 

Is that available yet?

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #173 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 28th, 2015 at 6:26am:
You replace the goggles and you get five more seeker.  Sadly cloaks are not that good.  The best cloak is the new one from remnants turn in.  It has stacking heal amp.  You can now check your healing amplification by moving the mouse cursor over your hp on your character sheet.

Lol. I didn't even check the new stuff, I assumed it was more worthless. I'll probably go with that heal amp cloak then. Greensteel L&S is also an option...

As for the ring...thunderstruck adds about 5 damage per swing IIRC, and an extra 2 seeker (even with a sweet 15-18x4, 19-20x6 critical) would only add 2.8 damage per swing. Combat mastery is a wash since I've got a bonus on the helm and I don't really use tactics on this build anyway. Shit just dies.

Any other ring ideas?

(haven't had a chance to log in and confirm my bracers are stacking as of yet.)
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2015 at 10:56pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #174 - Mar 1st, 2015 at 4:45am
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Feb 28th, 2015 at 11:36am:
Is that available yet?

no, sir.

5 Foot Step wrote on Feb 28th, 2015 at 10:45pm:
As for the ring...thunderstruck adds about 5 damage per swing IIRC, and an extra 2 seeker (even with a sweet 15-18x4, 19-20x6 critical) would only add 2.8 damage per swing.

it is more than 2 seeker. the set up of cloak + ring gives 17 total. goggles are 12.

5 Foot Step wrote on Feb 28th, 2015 at 10:45pm:
Any other ring ideas?

i use ring of stalker and thunderstruck on my pswf toons. swapping them on/off on immune mobs for consuming darkness and wolf cloak.
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2015 at 4:46am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18
Send TopicPrint