Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) U24 Max DPS Barbarian (Read 184373 times)
WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: U24 Max DPS Barbarian
Reply #200 - Mar 22nd, 2015 at 12:00am
Print Post  
You can cast consecration while raged, though I don't see why you'd need to if you have Blood Strength. If you're going ravager, run in LD, say I.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #201 - Mar 22nd, 2015 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Decided to test out the dps of a twf'er on Lammania.  This build is pretty tricked out in terms of gear/buffs, but still missing a bunch.  Yes it does abuse the divine might/know the angles synergy, but I was curious how it would beat its counterpart of pure 20 barb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMp1bfNetNg

Will have to mess around with pure barb and see if the time can be beaten.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #202 - Mar 22nd, 2015 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Mar 22nd, 2015 at 1:58pm:
Decided to test out the dps of a twf'er on Lammania.  This build is pretty tricked out in terms of gear/buffs, but still missing a bunch.  Yes it does abuse the divine might/know the angles synergy, but I was curious how it would beat its counterpart of pure 20 barb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMp1bfNetNg

Will have to mess around with pure barb and see if the time can be beaten.

14 seconds with every single possible damage buff

A regular 2 weapon fight barb with no maxed stuff in this vid did it in 16 secs.
Keep in mind no madstone no crusade, just a simple barb player who went there and beat it down to say its broken compared to his monk.

Now imagine the time if he had the proper twists and used all items Wink

I might be wrong, but the capstone is fucking broken.
Not worth to give up on it for dmight&kta imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlg6Lw49h1w
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2015 at 5:14pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #203 - Mar 22nd, 2015 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Mar 22nd, 2015 at 5:12pm:
Keep in mind no madstone no crusade, just a simple barb player who went there and beat it down to say its broken compared to his monk.

I'm going to have to roll a barb on lammania and try this out uncentered wearing wraps.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #204 - Mar 23rd, 2015 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
WeHaveLived wrote on Mar 22nd, 2015 at 12:00am:
You can cast consecration while raged, though I don't see why you'd need to if you have Blood Strength. If you're going ravager, run in LD, say I.

DC is less appealing to THF, since you can't get a x4 weapon, celestial champion gives you that much less damage. Blood Strength is plenty of healing for EH. You'll still want consecration for EE unless you never zerg. You can use 2 twists for for it though.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #205 - Mar 23rd, 2015 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Mar 22nd, 2015 at 5:12pm:
Now imagine the time if he had the proper twists and used all items Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlg6Lw49h1w

Yep.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

5 fooot step
Ex Member

Reply #206 - Mar 26th, 2015 at 12:35am
Print Post  
See that? 

Check out my builds!

I make builds you know!

IP Logged

radonek
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #207 - Mar 26th, 2015 at 11:04am
Print Post  
I am using a modified version of this build that is THF to accommodate my collection of great axes. I tweaked the enhancements a bit to get the glancing blows damage line and have found that I can run in LD relatively comfortably in EH quests and some EE with blood strength doing a great job of keeping me alive.

I do not have completionist or epic completionist yet so I miss out on the feat and extra twist. Since I'm THF...I wouldn't have use for balanced attacks any way.

I must say so far...this build destroys mobs and does well against bosses. The damage is ridiculous. It may not have the attack speed of a swashbuckler but this build at level 22 held its own against the level 28 swashbucklers and a sorc.

I know kill counts aren't a gauge of being a good player but I can't lie...it feels good to see your toon at the top of the kill count in a party of players you know and respect.

So, now I'm left to wonder if the countdown has already begun for DDO to nerf Blood strength? I mean barbs went from pretty much unplayable in epic levels to straight up beats now that they have the ability to sufficiently self heal.

Thanks Five for sharing this and kudos on the build.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #208 - Mar 26th, 2015 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
radonek wrote on Mar 26th, 2015 at 11:04am:

So, now I'm left to wonder if the countdown has already begun for DDO to nerf Blood strength? I mean barbs went from pretty much unplayable in epic levels to straight up beats now that they have the ability to sufficiently self heal.

Thanks Five for sharing this and kudos on the build.

No problem. I know I've had a blast with it.

As to nerfs, I don't know...it seems like they are satisfied with top tier DPS including self heals though, since we're not seeing any nerfs on the horizon for bard or pally.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #209 - Mar 27th, 2015 at 1:36am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 26th, 2015 at 11:01pm:
No problem. I know I've had a blast with it.

As to nerfs, I don't know...it seems like they are satisfied with top tier DPS including self heals though, since we're not seeing any nerfs on the horizon for bard or pally.

Only thing sev is mentioning is he fucked up when it comes to hsword crit aplying calculation and that he wants to maybe one day look into it.
No word yet into barb.
Im thinking to do couple xbow etc builds when the change is on lama and check how broken that will be.

Issue, my test will consist of trying to do cabal beatdown on a pentium 2 laptop and recording with my mobile phone that has better cpu ram and card in it /;

Man  i hate my addiction and playing ddo on junk.

I assume it will be very strong and fast beatdown tho

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #210 - Mar 27th, 2015 at 1:59am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Mar 27th, 2015 at 1:36am:
on a pentium 2 laptop

Damn, and I thought mine was a potato.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #211 - Mar 27th, 2015 at 3:59am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Mar 27th, 2015 at 1:36am:
Only thing sev is mentioning is he fucked up when it comes to hsword crit aplying calculation and that he wants to maybe one day look into it.

Sev already stated he didn't know how improved crit works in DDO, and that's the reason why holy sword is "over performing".

5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 26th, 2015 at 11:01pm:
As to nerfs <snip>

Who's to say a nerf to holy sword has to only effect paladins?
« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2015 at 4:00am by Munkenmo »  

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #212 - Mar 27th, 2015 at 4:05am
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Mar 27th, 2015 at 1:59am:
Damn, and I thought mine was a potato.

Ya, working on season job now, and that is all i could get my hands on, its a antique and cloud told me that i wont be able to run ddo at all heh.

And, work started exactly after i bought new gr card and display back home.

Oh well, endure, get money, sadly cant live from playing ddo alone.
« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2015 at 4:06am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #213 - Mar 27th, 2015 at 4:37am
Print Post  
I see where you're going with improved critical, but frankly they don't seem to be willing to make big nerfs like that.

Besides it wouldn't be that huge, it would just change the weapon choice dynamics. Bards would only use rapier or kukri and not lose anything, for THF Paladins falchions would be optimal by a wider margin and probably swap swap to scimitars/rapiers for twf/swf. Fighters would be even more screwed across the board and Crit Rage would be proxy buffed by (most) everyone else losing that step.
« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2015 at 6:27am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #214 - Mar 28th, 2015 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Nvm nvm
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2015 at 7:08pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #215 - Mar 28th, 2015 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Mar 28th, 2015 at 5:14pm:
Does a t1 pick holy sworded barb dualwielding in dreadnought do most boss dps atm in game?

You missed the point.

IP Logged

that_arrow_guy
Waterworks Kobold

nothing to see here, move
along

Reply #216 - Mar 29th, 2015 at 3:16am
Print Post  
are we still talking about this??

I have too many toons

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #217 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 7:47am
Print Post  
Do glancing blows trigger blood strength ?

IP Logged

radonek
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #218 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
So I noticed last night in FOT that blood strength even works when using a ranged weapon. I switched to a ranged weapon to help destroy that crystal thingy right before the Reaver gets put under control of the dracho and saw I was getting heals for hitting it. I know this is nothing ground breaking or probably news to anyone but it did get me thinking.

Could you make a ranged damage dealer shuri thrower type build with a Barb and make it close to as viable as a melee? I know Barbs cant have monk levels because of alignment restrictions but what about fighter levels where you could use  the extra feat for something like shuriken expertise? I don't have a toon I could TR and test this out at all at the moment though i am nowhere near the level of toon builder as some of you guys here.

I don't know, I thought about it briefly last night and thought I'd post the thought here and get your opinions.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #219 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 12:12am
Print Post  
radonek wrote on Apr 1st, 2015 at 12:34pm:
So I noticed last night in FOT that blood strength even works when using a ranged weapon. I switched to a ranged weapon to help destroy that crystal thingy right before the Reaver gets put under control of the dracho and saw I was getting heals for hitting it. I know this is nothing ground breaking or probably news to anyone but it did get me thinking.

Could you make a ranged damage dealer shuri thrower type build with a Barb and make it close to as viable as a melee? I know Barbs cant have monk levels because of alignment restrictions but what about fighter levels where you could use  the extra feat for something like shuriken expertise? I don't have a toon I could TR and test this out at all at the moment though i am nowhere near the level of toon builder as some of you guys here.

I don't know, I thought about it briefly last night and thought I'd post the thought here and get your opinions.

X bow barbs will be super strong if you fuse couple bugs.
Prolly miles ahead of other ranged builds due to crit threat range att speed n such.

Anyways for next update, i dont think pure barb will be max dps barb.
What cetus is doing migh be best, 18 barb 1 fsoul 1 ranger with addition of using kta and dmight at same time.
Ranged power really brought back manyshot, so im pretty sure that will be the best barb dps in next update.
Cleric for harmor or fsoul for more sp, doesnt really matter with the slight harmor nerf

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #220 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 8:58am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Apr 2nd, 2015 at 12:12am:
X bow barbs will be super strong if you fuse couple bugs.
Prolly miles ahead of other ranged builds due to crit threat range att speed n such.

Anyways for next update, i dont think pure barb will be max dps barb.
What cetus is doing migh be best, 18 barb 1 fsoul 1 ranger with addition of using kta and dmight at same time.
Ranged power really brought back manyshot, so im pretty sure that will be the best barb dps in next update.
Cleric for harmor or fsoul for more sp, doesnt really matter with the slight harmor nerf

Pure barb is still best. Who cares about a retarded fsoul/ranger lvl at the cost of storms eye. Just because cetus is doing some shit, doesn't mean it is best. He clearly doesn't know much about being a barbarian. We all know that relying on bugs is not a good thing to do, even though by using both dm and kta at the same time, you won't see more dps than with fb capstone.
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2015 at 9:02am by »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #221 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 9:13am
Print Post  
Quote:
Pure barb is still best. Who cares about a retarded fsoul/ranger lvl at the cost of storms eye. Just because cetus is doing some shit, doesn't mean it is best. He clearly doesn't know much about being a barbarian. We all know that relying on bugs is not a good thing to do, even though by using both dm and kta at the same time, you won't see more dps than with fb capstone.

If there was a possibility to fit in manyshot, it actually would be more dps, has nothing to do with cetus just the build, maybe 18 barb 1  fighter 1 ranger.
Its mainly since manyshot is again worth it, and it might offset the singletarget burst for bosses.
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2015 at 9:21am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #222 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 9:19am
Print Post  
Btw, are madstone boots best now for barbs ?

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #223 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 9:22am
Print Post  
If you dont like to cast tensers, i guess yea

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #224 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Except for the fact 18 1 1 is way better dps, especially when you get a free extra critical range over the pure barbarian, and both might and kta. So the pure barb falls way behind, now throw in manyshot and its even more behind.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18
Send TopicPrint