Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) U24 Max DPS Barbarian (Read 184382 times)
5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Re: U24 Max DPS Barbarian
Reply #250 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 6:50am
Print Post  
Oh, you probably meant this one:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/458525-Redsonja-3-0-U25-TWF-Pure-Barb

Yeah, that's the same as my build, except warhammers in LD.  Maybe more single target DPS vs redname with blitz, definitely less vs trash since either no balanced attacks or no sense weakness with consecration twisted for healing. Definitely less AoE since no aura.
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2015 at 10:19pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #251 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Do Frenzy and Death Frenzy apply to ranged attacks ?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #252 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Do Frenzy and Death Frenzy apply to ranged attacks ?

Bane damage, no. 19-20 +1 crit multi, yes.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #253 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 12th, 2015 at 6:50am:
Oh, you probably meant this one:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/458525-Redsonja-3-0-U25-TWF-Pure-Barb

Yeah, that's the same as my build, except warhammers in LD.  Maybe more single target DPS vs redname with blitz, definitely less vs trash since either no balanced attacks or no sense weakness with consecration twisted for healing. Definitely less AoE since no aura.

BTW, using warhammers in LD is dumb. I can swap destiny with right now and have higher DPS than Redsonja with my picks. How? Because picks alone get the same critical damage as warhammer w/ pulverizer, except picks don't have to waste those 2 points. 17-20x4 = 15-20x3

So the only real question is which ED to be in. True, LD will beat DC in the cabal test, but this is accomplished by trading 1000s of trash DPS for maybe 100 red name DPS. I guarantee that my build can beat any speedrun time that she posts. (But I seriously doubt she will post any, of course.)

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #254 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 3:53am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 12th, 2015 at 10:18pm:
Bane damage, no. 19-20 +1 crit multi, yes.

They still haven't fixed that ? After 3 years ? Oh my fucking godness !

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #255 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 4:28am
Print Post  
Quote:
They still haven't fixed that ? After 3 years ? Oh my fucking godness !

Was WAI before the enhancement pass. I'd say it's the description they need to fix.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #256 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 6:03am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 12th, 2015 at 10:29pm:
BTW, using warhammers in LD is dumb. I can swap destiny with right now and have higher DPS than Redsonja with my picks. How? Because picks alone get the same critical damage as warhammer w/ pulverizer, except picks don't have to waste those 2 points. 17-20x4 = 15-20x3

So the only real question is which ED to be in. True, LD will beat DC in the cabal test, but this is accomplished by trading 1000s of trash DPS for maybe 100 red name DPS. I guarantee that my build can beat any speedrun time that she posts. (But I seriously doubt she will post any, of course.)

She has both imp criti piercing and bludgeon, she can pick either to play with picks in crusader for max crusader dps or in dreadnought with hammers for maximum dreadnough dps.
Also piercing crit helps celestia for dknigh beatdown and hammers for abbot.
Its a entirely different build then yours, and for mark/regular questing/undead/general temple farm it is very very good
Your build lacks focus feats, thus lacks melle power, thus its impossible to achieve same dps.

People alrdy tested her build in ee mark, and its superior to any current barb version Wink

Just wondering, why dont you drop power critical and harmor for 2 focus feats?
« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2015 at 6:19am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #257 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 6:28am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Apr 13th, 2015 at 6:03am:
She has both imp criti piercing and bludgeon, she can pick either to play with picks in crusader for max crusader dps or in dreadnought with hammers for maximum dreadnough dps.
Its a entirely different build then yours, and for mark/regular questing/undead/general temple farm it is very very good
Your build lacks focus feats, thus lacks melle power, thus its impossible to achieve same dps.

People alrdy tested her build in ee mark, and its superior to any current barb version Wink

Umm, no. It's the same. Just a swap to hammers and LD. If I ever get around to updating mine, you'll see that I've already dropped Hvy armor and power critical for extra Weapon Foci, so the feats are the same, except that she wastes feats on an extra imp crit and elusive target. I've got Celestias and Imp Crit Pierce for MoD too BTW. I admit that that build has an edge in pure single target redname DPS. Mine is better for everything else.

Don't get me wrong, that build is great, but the game is more than just Garunt Bruntsmash.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #258 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 13th, 2015 at 6:28am:
Umm, no. It's the same. Just a swap to hammers and LD. If I ever get around to updating mine, you'll see that I've already dropped Hvy armor and power critical for extra Weapon Foci, so the feats are the same, except that she wastes feats on an extra imp crit and elusive target. I've got Celestias and Imp Crit Pierce for MoD too BTW. I admit that that build has an edge in pure single target redname DPS. Mine is better for everything else.

Don't get me wrong, that build is great, but the game is more than just Garunt Bruntsmash.

I see your point here but check this out.  With about 1000 Flawless Siberys Dragonshards per toon, whats the point?  Fred is just another vending machine to me.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the razor wire fence.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #259 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on Apr 13th, 2015 at 3:42pm:
I see your point here but check this out.  With about 1000 Flawless Siberys Dragonshards per toon, whats the point?  Fred is just another vending machine to me.

My point was that picks are better for both destinies. Admittedly, the line is very close in LD.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

qweeve
DQ Assaulter

Reply #260 - Apr 19th, 2015 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Apr 13th, 2015 at 6:03am:

Celestia is a bastard sword, it does slashing damage(as far as I know).  It's made of light, so it wields like a short sword.  Much like a sun blade.

Also, 5 Foot Step, in your opinion, is the 10 MP you gain from wearing med armor worth the 9 PRR and 10 MRR you lose from not wearing heavy armor?  And it also saves a feat not having to take heavy armor.
« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2015 at 1:02pm by qweeve »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #261 - Apr 19th, 2015 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
You only get 10 prr when med armor, the melle power is not bound to armor type.
Drop harmor btw since new sets will make you drop shadow armors anyways.

Also best option atm is fire touch, dragon edge, third degree burns + fire pick /hammer whatever your preferd weapon is. (can someone verify this?)
Since first degree doesnt work with elemental debuff
« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2015 at 7:43pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

qweeve
DQ Assaulter

Reply #262 - Apr 19th, 2015 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
My bad then.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #263 - Apr 19th, 2015 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
med armor might be better now if you have enough prr where the extra dodge increase is more than the loss of that 10prr.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #264 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 12:07am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 19th, 2015 at 6:16pm:
med armor might be better now if you have enough prr where the extra dodge increase is more than the loss of that 10prr.

It is not just 10. Also i certainly do not intend to give up on shadow guardian for only 5 extra dodge.
« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2015 at 12:08am by »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #265 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 1:03am
Print Post  
Quote:
It is not just 10.

and some mrr. The shadow guardian gets replaced with toee set bonus and fully upgraded items give +22-24 melee, ranged and universal spell power.
« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2015 at 1:06am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #266 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 1:28am
Print Post  
qweeve wrote on Apr 19th, 2015 at 12:56pm:
Celestia is a bastard sword, it does slashing damage(as far as I know).  It's made of light, so it wields like a short sword.  Much like a sun blade.

It is a short sword.  Yes it has some bastard sword qualities, but just like the sunblade, it is ultimately a short sword.

Quote:
in your opinion, is the 10 MP you gain from wearing med armor worth the 9 PRR and 10 MRR you lose from not wearing heavy armor?  And it also saves a feat not having to take heavy armor.

For now I'll be keeping heavy prof, and probably be armor swapping depending on content. But as new gear comes out and we migrate away from shadowscale, it's most likely I'll be dropping heavy prof.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #267 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 2:19am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 1:03am:
and some mrr. The shadow guardian gets replaced with toee set bonus and fully upgraded items give +22-24 melee, ranged and universal spell power.

No, you get more than 10. Don't forget about heavy armor proficiency. Nothing is going to beat shadow guardian. You will feel the difference, once you put it down. Also who in his fucking mind would lay down both thunderforged and shadow guardian for this trash ?
« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2015 at 2:25am by »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #268 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 3:57am
Print Post  
Quote:
Also who in his fucking mind would lay down both thunderforged and shadow guardian for this trash ?

Animal form druids, TF main hand, ToEE trash off hand.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #269 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 4:19am
Print Post  
Quote:
No, you get more than 10. Don't forget about heavy armor proficiency. Nothing is going to beat shadow guardian. You will feel the difference, once you put it down. Also who in his fucking mind would lay down both thunderforged and shadow guardian for this trash ?

I have droped shadow guardian with ease for set bonus and a focus feat which gives me way more dps.
Honestly, not doing that makes you odd and weird as you totally dont need shadow guardian nor 2 thforged.
For maximizing dps at least.
They hit kinda hard in temple, but nothing you cant survive while zerging on ee in red alert as med armored barb, the set is to good not to get for 2 weapon fight barbs.
For 2 handed, its junk
« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2015 at 4:22am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #270 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 4:38am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 4:19am:
I have droped shadow guardian with ease for set bonus and a focus feat which gives me way more dps.
Honestly, not doing that makes you odd and weird as you totally dont need shadow guardian nor 2 thforged.
For maximizing dps at least.
They hit kinda hard in temple, but nothing you cant survive while zerging on ee in red alert as med armored barb, the set is to good not to get for 2 weapon fight barbs.
For 2 handed, its junk

You are very gay and retarded if you are so much into this mushroom caster melee hybird trash. By the way, the set bonus doesn't even work so it is actually 0 mp.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #271 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 4:47am
Print Post  
Quote:
You are very gay and retarded if you are so much into this mushroom caster melee hybird trash. By the way, the set bonus doesn't even work so it is actually 0 mp.

The set bonus works, the mythic upgrade doesnt, if you think im gay for wanting 20 melle power for capstone proc/frenzy scaling and general dps. Then yea i have no problem with being gay, if you add thath to list im gay, pedophile, into animal sex, tentacle sex and necrophilism a bit as well

Srsly, craft it first test it then come talk with me how you wont drop 2 thforged when you see how much damage capstone procs, personally i made 2 pairs of hammers upgraded alrdy and making a fire pick next for crusader dps and wont argue anymore.
Im suggesting to use set, if you dont want then dont, its rather simple.
Its superb for 2 weapon users, every other style got the short stick in this update tho esp swf who will fall so much behind 2 weapon fighters now¸, tho bow might be ok for furyshot dunno havent tested it yet.

Would argue also that manyshot/druid barbs are good before set, but now as the capstone scales for stupid damage procs, pure barb is king again.
Yes, because of simple 2 items, it beats down kta/dm ploit easily

Screenie of regular proc of capstone with melle power action boost/set and blitz:

IT can go up higher tho when i stack weaken higher/slaughter procs (main reason i prefer hammers tbh since better crit range), was fishing for capstone proc so disregard the no frenzy n buffs n shit since i had my fingers on pscreen heh
« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2015 at 6:44am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #272 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 9:11am
Print Post  
Just wanted to pop my head in and say thanks for the OP and the resultant discussion and debate. I've TRed my "main" into this for a return to check out the last ~9 months of content.

Best thing about a TWF pierce-specced Barb at the moment? It's powerful enough I can do silly things like live out the dagger assassin fantasy I've had for years and it's still good enough for my casual EH strolls. Good stuff. Smiley Back to picks for anything with any meat on it. Also recycled my rapier collection from my old WoP/Banisher crit build from back in the day! All good stuff, thanks.

(Just a shame Assassin itself isn't as viable, I guess.)

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #273 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 4:47am:
The set bonus works, the mythic upgrade doesnt, if you think im gay for wanting 20 melle power for capstone proc/frenzy scaling and general dps. Then yea i have no problem with being gay, if you add thath to list im gay, pedophile, into animal sex, tentacle sex and necrophilism a bit as well

Srsly, craft it first test it then come talk with me how you wont drop 2 thforged when you see how much damage capstone procs, personally i made 2 pairs of hammers upgraded alrdy and making a fire pick next for crusader dps and wont argue anymore.
Im suggesting to use set, if you dont want then dont, its rather simple.
Its superb for 2 weapon users, every other style got the short stick in this update tho esp swf who will fall so much behind 2 weapon fighters now¸, tho bow might be ok for furyshot dunno havent tested it yet.

Would argue also that manyshot/druid barbs are good before set, but now as the capstone scales for stupid damage procs, pure barb is king again.
Yes, because of simple 2 items, it beats down kta/dm ploit easily

Screenie of regular proc of capstone with melle power action boost/set and blitz: http://s2.postimg.org/43d0i461h/Screen_Shot00222.jpg

IT can go up higher tho when i stack weaken higher/slaughter procs (main reason i prefer hammers tbh since better crit range), was fishing for capstone proc so disregard the no frenzy n buffs n shit since i had my fingers on pscreen heh

Having manyshot, kta and ear smash is a good enough trade off. I don't like being able to just do "one" thing and start piking when it becomes a ranged game. Druid ? Why ? Just splash 1 ranger and fighter for 4 free feats without having to use a heart +1 at character creation.
« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2015 at 2:46pm by »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #274 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Having manyshot, kta and ear smash is a good enough trade off. I don't like being able to just do "one" thing and start piking when it becomes a ranged game. Druid ? Why ? Just splash 1 ranger and fighter for 4 free feats without having to use a heart +1 at character creation.

Where exactly beside titans and adq do you need ranged? Dont even need in titans tho, kinda
Druid gives rams that scales very nice damage wise with melle power for barb.
Kta dm is a ploit that will be fixed in next patch so i wouldnt build for that shit.
Also pure barb outperforms a 18 1 1 split anyways in any dps test, while ear smash is good, balanced attacks is more then enough cc for a barb
« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2015 at 4:26pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18
Send TopicPrint