Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) U24 Max DPS Barbarian (Read 184691 times)
Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Re: U24 Max DPS Barbarian
Reply #275 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 4:07pm:
Where exactly beside titans and adq do you need ranged?
Druid gives rams that scales very nice damage wise with melle power for barb.
Kta dm is a ploit that will be fixed in next patch so i wouldnt build for that shit.
Also pure barb outperforms a 18 1 1 split anyways in any dps test

I don't use exploits. Didn't you listen ? I said 18 Barbarian 1 Ranger 1 Fighter, go figure.

I have tried both builds and the dps with manyshot, ear smash and kta is good enough to justify the lack of fb capstone.

Are you really playing this game or was that a serious question ?
« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2015 at 4:21pm by »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #276 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Yes it was a serious question as im playing the game and literally dont know a single place beside adq where i would want manyshot.
Necro? Nope, Mark of death? Nope, capstone is better anyways.
Horns? Nope. Temple? Nope. Wheloon? Nope.
Where exactly is ranged relevant? Solo a ee fot? What for build a 18 barb in the first place then
While its a nice burst, im pretty sure that in boss fights you lose dps from casptone proc which can go up to 1600-1700 atm and during a haste boost you see it to offten.
Really, i mean, we have different opinions, i will stand behind mine til proven wrong with a dps comparison test
« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2015 at 4:35pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #277 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 4:34pm:
Yes it was a serious question as im playing the game and literally dont know a single place beside adq where i would want manyshot.
Necro? Nope, Mark of death? Nope, capstone is better anyways.
Horns? Nope. Temple? Nope. Wheloon? Nope.
Where exactly is ranged relevant? Solo a ee fot? What for build a 18 barb in the first place then
While its a nice burst, im pretty sure that in boss fights you lose dps from casptone proc which can go up to 1600-1700 atm and during a haste boost you see it to offten.
Really, i mean, we have different opinions, i will stand behind mine til proven wrong with a dps comparison test

It is not on each hit you moron.

IP Logged

DragonCrotch
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #278 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 1:28am:
virtualgib wrote Yesterday at 12:56pm:
Celestia is a bastard sword, it does slashing damage(as far as I know).  It's made of light, so it wields like a short sword.  Much like a sun blade.

It is a short sword.  Yes it has some bastard sword qualities, but just like the sunblade, it is ultimately a short sword.

Actually, according to the text description for all 3 weapons (Sunblade, Celestia, and Star of Day) they are bastard swords that are very light and can be wielded by anyone with short sword proficiency. 

They use imp crit. piercing and say short sword under the title. They do the damage of a bastard sword 1d10 and in many circumstances get glancing blows.
« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2015 at 5:24pm by DragonCrotch »  
YIM  
IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #279 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Quote:
It is not on each hit you moron.

Sigh, really no point to discuss with you

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #280 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Quote:
No, you get more than 10. Don't forget about heavy armor proficiency. Nothing is going to beat shadow guardian. You will feel the difference, once you put it down. Also who in his fucking mind would lay down both thunderforged and shadow guardian for this trash ?

I dropped guardian a while back and was using the 3% dstrike upgrade on my heavy. There is really no point in putting effort into defense anymore once you have enough EPLs done. The only part about dropping to medium that I was concerned about was the 10 MRR....but now that I can use that feat for +2 melee power instead, I'm not looking back on my barb.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #281 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 9:11am:
Just wanted to pop my head in and say thanks for the OP and the resultant discussion and debate. I've TRed my "main" into this for a return to check out the last ~9 months of content.

Best thing about a TWF pierce-specced Barb at the moment? It's powerful enough I can do silly things like live out the dagger assassin fantasy I've had for years and it's still good enough for my casual EH strolls. Good stuff. Smiley Back to picks for anything with any meat on it. Also recycled my rapier collection from my old WoP/Banisher crit build from back in the day! All good stuff, thanks.

(Just a shame Assassin itself isn't as viable, I guess.)

NP. I had fun digging out all the piercing weapons that I never used before. Cannith rapiers are great for heroics. At 20 you can switch to Stars of Day, E Letter Opener, E Garos, E Envenomed, etc.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #282 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 6:44am
Print Post  
5FS's Second Pick (v3.0)

Race: Human/PDK
Alignment: Neutral
Class: 20 Barbarian

Stats:..........Level 1 (36 pt build)

Strength............18 (+ level ups)
Dexterity...........13 (+4 tome or better required)
Constitution.......17
Intelligence........10
Wisdom..............8
Charisma............8

Feat Progression

Level 1   : Power Attack, Weapon Focus
Level 3   : Weapon Focus
Level 6   : Completionist
Level 9   : Improved Critical-Piercing
Level 12 : Two Weapon Fighting
Level 15 : Improved Two Weapon Fighting
Level 18 : Greater Two Weapon Fighting
Level 21 : Overwhelming Critical
Level 24 : Weapon Focus
Level 26 : Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
Level 27 : Power Critical
Level 28 : First Blood

Enhancements

Ravager: 38 AP

Core 5/6
Barbarian Power Attack 3/3
Ritual Scarring 3/3
Hardy Rage 3/3
Do You Like Pain? 3/3
Action Boost: Melee Power 3/3
I Like Pain 3/3
+1 Str
+1 Str
I Hit Back 3/3
Critical Rage 2/2
Blood Strength
Bully 2/3

Frenzied Berserker: 41 AP

Core 6/6
Die Harder 1/3
Power Rage 3/3
Extra Rage 3/3
Athletics 3/3
Cracking Attack 3/3
Body Blow 3/3
Supreme Cleave 3/3
Sprint Boost 3/3
Extra Action Boost 3/3
+1 Con
+1 Con
Crazy Strike 3/3

Human: 1 AP

Damage Boost

Epic Destiny: Divine Crusader

Purge the Wicked
Bane of Undeath
Interrogation
Endless Turning 1/3

Consecration 3/3
Confront Any Foe

Sacred Ground

Crusade
No Regret

Celestial Champion
Castigation
Heavenly Presence

Strike Down

Twists: 4/3/2/1

Sense Weakness
Balanced Attacks
Hail of Blows
Tunnel Vision

Gear:

Armor : ToEE Medium Armor
Goggles : Epic Mentau's
Helmet : Mythic Emerald Gaze
Necklace : Shroud of Ardent
Trinket : Epic Litany
Cloak : Mysterious JuJu Cloak
Belt : Epic Thoughtful Remembrance
Ring 1: ToD Ring w/ 40 heal amp (Encrusted or Verik's preferably)
Ring 2: Swap
Gloves : Sanctified Gages
Boots : Madstone Boots
Bracers : Epic Ethereal
Quiver : Epic Alacrity

Weapons:
Thunderforged Pick/ToEE Pick
(Important to note that Celestial Champion won't apply it's range increase unless you unequip and reequip your weapons in each new instance. So it's 19-20x4 at quest start, then 17-20x4 when you reequip, then 15-20x4 when you rage.)
« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2015 at 6:58am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #283 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 7:22am
Print Post  
Just wondering why you take first blood, since its timed i never really thought of it as a good feat to pick up, am i missing something here?
Personaly i prefer either holy strikes/elusive.

Honestly i used that feat on druid build for couple lifes and tempest palie, but i didnt like it since it becomes so fast useless /since they drop below the hp treshold fast and then i just dont know what the point of it is.

Does the damage part scale with melle power from blood?
That way i could see it being useful, never tested myself, you prolly know better since you run with it.
And tnx for answer

Also for temple you really want knock immunity + i prefer cruel cut setup myself better since you still get more melle power that way, played with bully and pain for a bit but didnt like it personally, feels like a waste of ap to me

For twists in crusader i use a different setup, what do you think about it, pimal, more action boosts, haste boost and balanced.
Trash melts either way so i noticed i really dont need sense at all, but i like having haste boost and enough charges for zuggy fight when trash spawns to proc balanced offten and kill em more reliably
(if you have more experience wuth zuggy fight setup il welcome the advice)

Not sure if you can do 3 3 3 1 setup for balanced/bard thingie for action boost and str1 haste boost and primal tho.

Im trying to fully optimize the build and would welcome advice.
« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2015 at 7:31am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #284 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 3:22am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Apr 21st, 2015 at 7:22am:
Just wondering why you take first blood, since its timed i never really thought of it as a good feat to pick up, am i missing something here?
Personaly i prefer either holy strikes/elusive.

Honestly i used that feat on druid build for couple lifes and tempest palie, but i didnt like it since it becomes so fast useless /since they drop below the hp treshold fast and then i just dont know what the point of it is.

Does the damage part scale with melle power from blood?
That way i could see it being useful, never tested myself, you prolly know better since you run with it.
And tnx for answer

Also for temple you really want knock immunity + i prefer cruel cut setup myself better since you still get more melle power that way, played with bully and pain for a bit but didnt like it personally, feels like a waste of ap to me

For twists in crusader i use a different setup, what do you think about it, pimal, more action boosts, haste boost and balanced.
Trash melts either way so i noticed i really dont need sense at all, but i like having haste boost and enough charges for zuggy fight when trash spawns to proc balanced offten and kill em more reliably
(if you have more experience wuth zuggy fight setup il welcome the advice)

Not sure if you can do 3 3 3 1 setup for balanced/bard thingie for action boost and str1 haste boost and primal tho.

Im trying to fully optimize the build and would welcome advice.

First blood synergizes with rubies of the endless night and crippling flames. Negative levels put mobs back over the threshold.

I'm not even considering elusive target anymore since it barely has any effect and holy strike averages out to a measly 1.75 damage per hit and only vs evil targets. First blood ends up adding 50d6 every 3-4 seconds when you're tearing through trash.

I'm keeping sense weakness. It's great for redname DPS as well.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #285 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 7:59am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 22nd, 2015 at 3:22am:
First blood synergizes with rubies of the endless night and crippling flames. Negative levels put mobs back over the threshold.

I'm not even considering elusive target anymore since it barely has any effect and holy strike averages out to a measly 1.75 damage per hit and only vs evil targets. First blood ends up adding 50d6 every 3-4 seconds when you're tearing through trash.

I'm keeping sense weakness. It's great for redname DPS as well.

Hm ruby, havent considerd that. Not very useful vs bosses, but can be cool in trash phase az zuggy which is tbh the only hard phase in the whole quest if you are unlucky and get all hezrou champs, i like having haste boost for that reason to proc balanced more offtern.

Btw, got any will to calculate how much the capstone adds chance wise per each hit?
I know its 5% proc, but when you consider 80% offhand strikes and lets say, 22 % dstrike /past lives and quiver only tho it can potentially be 26% with wyrm belt proc +10% offhand from edest feat.
How much is the real proc rate of capstone per hit when you count it all those factors?
Im super lazy to do calcs myself since im not sure how the edest feat works and how dstrike works for weapons (pretty sure its not full number as wraps get)

If someone alrdy did math sorry for being dumb and having weak search foo

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #286 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Apr 22nd, 2015 at 7:59am:
Hm ruby, havent considerd that. Not very useful vs bosses, but can be cool in trash phase az zuggy which is tbh the only hard phase in the whole quest if you are unlucky and get all hezrou champs, i like having haste boost for that reason to proc balanced more offtern.

Btw, got any will to calculate how much the capstone adds chance wise per each hit?
I know its 5% proc, but when you consider 80% offhand strikes and lets say, 22 % dstrike /past lives and quiver only tho it can potentially be 26% with wyrm belt proc +10% offhand from edest feat.
How much is the real proc rate of capstone per hit when you count it all those factors?
Im super lazy to do calcs myself since im not sure how the edest feat works and how dstrike works for weapons (pretty sure its not full number as wraps get)

If someone alrdy did math sorry for being dumb and having weak search foo

Deathwyrm belt is Enhancement Doublestrike, and does not stack with the quiver which is also Enhancement. Although, the quiver is supposed to only Doubleshot, though I odn't have one and maybe it gives Doublestrike too. I just got a mythic muffled veneer, and it's giving Doubleshot as well as Doublestrike, which is not what the description says. If you have 90% offhand, and 9% PL Doublestrike, 12% Enhancement from Wyrm Belt, 5% from epic feat, then the proc rate of the capstone is: 5% + 5%*.9=9.5% + Doublestrike =.26*5=1.3% so proc rate is 10.8%.
« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2015 at 8:16pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #287 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 22nd, 2015 at 8:15pm:
Deathwyrm belt is Enhancement Doublestrike, and does not stack with the quiver which is also Enhancement. Although, the quiver is supposed to only Doubleshot, though I odn't have one and maybe it gives Doublestrike too. I just got a mythic muffled veneer, and it's giving Doubleshot as well as Doublestrike, which is not what the description says. If you have 90% offhand, and 9% PL Doublestrike, 12% Enhancement from Wyrm Belt, 5% from epic feat, then the proc rate of the capstone is: 5% + 5%*.9=9.5% + Doublestrike =.26*5=1.3% so proc rate is 10.8%.

Cool tnx, yes quiver is giving currently dstrike as well, thus being somewhat relevant as item.
Turbine folks havent yet stated if they will fix or no, but honestly even if it stays as it is it wont be op as a item with all the penalities you get from it for umd casting

I wonder what max damage will be from it once they fix mythic melle power boost on new gear
« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2015 at 8:46pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

qweeve
DQ Assaulter

Reply #288 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
DragonCrotch wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 5:24pm:
Actually, according to the text description for all 3 weapons (Sunblade, Celestia, and Star of Day) they are bastard swords that are very light and can be wielded by anyone with short sword proficiency. 

They use imp crit. piercing and say short sword under the title. They do the damage of a bastard sword 1d10 and in many circumstances get glancing blows.

If you equip a celestia and watch your combat log(which I did after posting) it does light damage, not pierce or slash.  So I guess we were all wrong.

Edit: After reading the wiki, Celestia does benefit from improved critical-piercing.  So, I guess I'm winning in being wrong the most.
« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2015 at 11:49pm by qweeve »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #289 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 11:41pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Apr 22nd, 2015 at 8:38pm:
Cool tnx, yes quiver is giving currently dstrike as well, thus being somewhat relevant as item.
Turbine folks havent yet stated if they will fix or no, but honestly even if it stays as it is it wont be op as a item with all the penalities you get from it for umd casting

I wonder what max damage will be from it once they fix mythic melle power boost on new gear

I have the proc chance at 10.45% (100% mainhand+24% dstrike(quiver+EPLs+PTWF+ship buff), 80% offhand + 5% offhand dstrike)

With 98 melee power, the proc damage per attack comes out to 82.764. Obviously it comes out higher if you run in LD or have vulnerability stacked, but a lazy player can still average 50 per while phoning it in.

A max damage situation should be in LD during MP action boost with Blitz and vulnerability fully stacked, 196 melee power and 20% vulnerable should equal 1420.8 damage. I've already seen it hit for slightly higher than that in DC though, so /shrug. The melee power scaling must be borked.
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2015 at 11:45pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #290 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 11:41pm:
I have the proc chance at 10.45% (100% mainhand+24% dstrike(quiver+EPLs+PTWF+ship buff), 80% offhand + 5% offhand dstrike)

With 98 melee power, the proc damage per attack comes out to 82.764. Obviously it comes out higher if you run in LD or have vulnerability stacked, but a lazy player can still average 50 per while phoning it in.

A max damage situation should be in LD during MP action boost with Blitz and vulnerability fully stacked, 196 melee power and 20% vulnerable should equal 1420.8 damage. I've already seen it hit for slightly higher than that in DC though, so /shrug. The melee power scaling must be borked.

Honestly i got no idea if their formula is correct since i saw some 1700ish damage procs on fully vulnerd boss fights /like air temple wizzy as example

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #291 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Apr 2nd, 2015 at 7:06pm:
Except for the fact 18 1 1 is way better dps, especially when you get a free extra critical range over the pure barbarian, and both might and kta. So the pure barb falls way behind, now throw in manyshot and its even more behind.

how excatly are they getting free extra critical range?

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #292 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 12th, 2015 at 6:50am:
Oh, you probably meant this one:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/458525-Redsonja-3-0-U25-TWF-Pure-Barb

Yeah, that's the same as my build, except warhammers in LD.  Maybe more single target DPS vs redname with blitz, definitely less vs trash since either no balanced attacks or no sense weakness with consecration twisted for healing. Definitely less AoE since no aura.

Shes didn't post the EDs but I'm pretty sure she isn't using consacration for healing. Anyways how on earth would you get more dps on DC than dreadnout except when your using Zeal?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #293 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Apr 29th, 2015 at 10:38pm:
Shes didn't post the EDs but I'm pretty sure she isn't using consacration for healing. Anyways how on earth would you get more dps on DC than dreadnout except when your using Zeal?

The video that I saw showed her twisting consecration. Which means either no Sense Weakness or no Balanced Attacks. I assume BA, but either way it's a huge DPS loss vs trash.

All dreadnought has going for it is blitz.
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2015 at 11:42pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #294 - Apr 30th, 2015 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
If the video you saw is the dps test in cabal she is in divine crusader for better burst dps and brag about it. But the build is for dreadnought.

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #295 - May 3rd, 2015 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
If you spend 41 ap into frenzied berserker and 36 into ravager you end up with 3 points left, which i would probably spend on damage boost and the first human heal amp tier 1.

Remember, it has a hidden bonus aside from +20 heal amp.
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2015 at 6:36pm by »  

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #296 - May 3rd, 2015 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 29th, 2015 at 11:38pm:
The video that I saw showed her twisting consecration. Which means either no Sense Weakness or no Balanced Attacks. I assume BA, but either way it's a huge DPS loss vs trash.

All dreadnought has going for it is blitz.

Dreadnought is pretty good imo, even when not blitzing.

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #297 - May 3rd, 2015 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Too much retarded and less brain here. I am done.

Quote:
If you spend 41 ap into frenzied berserker and 36 into ravager you end up with 3 points left, which i would probably spend on damage boost and the first human heal amp tier 1.

Remember, it has a hidden bonus aside from +20 heal amp.

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #298 - May 3rd, 2015 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Too much retarded and less brain here. I am done.

Quote:

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #299 - May 4th, 2015 at 4:11am
Print Post  
Quote:

Celestial Champion alone is better than Devastating Critical, Pulverizer/Headsman's, Advancing Blows, Critical Damage, and Improved Power Attack combined.

Strikedown and Confront any Foe are better than Lay Waste and Mom Swing on this build.

I guess the action boosts are nice...

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18
Send TopicPrint