Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) U24 Max DPS Barbarian (Read 184742 times)
5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Re: U24 Max DPS Barbarian
Reply #50 - Dec 16th, 2014 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Dec 16th, 2014 at 11:09pm:
Also, might try this version of barb, just because its a barb and seems ultra fun xD

How is selfheal with ravager if you tested?
Saw them say they will change it to 20 scaled by melle power

It is very much fun.  Cool

The self healing is great. The passives are going off so much that except when you activate Storm's Eye at the beginning of each quest you won't even see your hp bar go down unless you're on EE. On EE, you jumpcast a consecration every group of mobs and keep a stack of soveriegns and silver flames in case you take spike damage.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #51 - Dec 17th, 2014 at 4:38am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 16th, 2014 at 9:22pm:
I have 1400 hp and +200% amp at level 26 without even trying. I steamrolled 12 EEs last night without getting oneshotted. You just don't get by physical attacks very often when you stack all those miss chances.

I had champions in mind when I posted that yesterday.
All back to normal.

Lelouch wrote on Dec 16th, 2014 at 11:09pm:
Why would you want to run that shitty raid on ee?
You zerg it on en and call quits on it.
To build a character based on 1 raid?

Dunno man, I quite enjoy playing the hardest content with like minded people.
I never miss elite raid usually when I am on. Still play five characters, two of those need many pieces. More fun for me to join EE raid twice or thrice per week with good people than boring as hell en x 80 per character, then I would probably slit my wrists.
I think that's the whole point.
Each to their own tho.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #52 - Dec 17th, 2014 at 7:39am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Dec 17th, 2014 at 4:38am:
Dunno man, I quite enjoy playing the hardest content with like minded people.
I never miss elite raid usually when I am on. Still play five characters, two of those need many pieces. More fun for me to join EE raid twice or thrice per week with good people than boring as hell en x 80 per character, then I would probably slit my wrists.
I think that's the whole point.
Each to their own tho.

I get where you are coming from, i prolly just hold a deep hate toward that raid since i felt major disapoint as i expected something with real puzzles and fun which you can replay so many times and every run would feel different.
I just hate that raid compared to old abbot, so i got rid of it as fast as i could gear wise

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #53 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
Some guy that (poorly) copied my build posted a 6:42 solo EE vol completion video.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/441641-DDO-YouTube-link?p=5504136&view...

EE Seal Keeper in 48 seconds.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Dec 31st, 2014 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Zoda under 10 min ee break ranks on thf. Like I said, thf clears more trash faster than 2wf.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/441641-DDO-YouTube-link?p=5506248&view...

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #55 - Dec 31st, 2014 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
FYI on live Ravager is bugged and the +STR isn't actually giving STR

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #56 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 2:57am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 31st, 2014 at 3:45pm:
Zoda under 10 min ee break ranks on thf. Like I said, thf clears more trash faster than 2wf.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/441641-DDO-YouTube-link?p=5506248&view...

THF is strong, but it is not maximum DPS.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Razaghan
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 5:43am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 2nd, 2015 at 2:57am:
THF is strong, but it is not maximum DPS.

I guess the whole point is what kind of DPS we are talking about.

Take down a single red name? Probably TWF is max DPS

Take down hordes of mobs like in ranks? What is then more efficient than THF with all possible cleaves and max glancing damage?

(I am only talking about barbarian builds, so don't introduce nuking, trees, monkchers or other beauties into the discussion please)

IP Logged

Some Guy Here On The Boards
Ghostbaned

Somewhere on Korthos Island

Reply #58 - Jan 4th, 2015 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 2:19am:
Critical rage is bugged and not doubling with improved critical. That will be a big DPS bump if/when they fix it.

Been trying build and now level 25 with it. The strength enhancements are still borked, but the constitution works fine. Graphics wise, the rage is adding +2 crit range, as long as I swap weapons back and forth (unequip picks, equip some other weapon, requip picks). Currently 15-20 is showing when I press "I" for pick crit range. Haven't actually tested on dummy though, to see if 15 is an actual crit, or just visual bug.

Surprisingly, checked known issues and didn't see the strength bug listed anywhere.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #59 - Jan 4th, 2015 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
Some Guy Here On The Boards wrote on Jan 4th, 2015 at 3:01pm:
Been trying build and now level 25 with it. The strength enhancements are still borked, but the constitution works fine. Graphics wise, the rage is adding +2 crit range, as long as I swap weapons back and forth (unequip picks, equip some other weapon, requip picks). Currently 15-20 is showing when I press "I" for pick crit range. Haven't actually tested on dummy though, to see if 15 is an actual crit, or just visual bug.

Surprisingly, checked known issues and didn't see the strength bug listed anywhere.

Yeah, separate issue, but it's not just a display bug. If you don't unequip/reequip your weapons in each new instance, you don't get the proper critical range. (sometimes Celestial Champion turns off too.  Angry  Make sure you weapon swap each quest.)

Still crazy DPS though.

The other issue is whether the "proper range" is 13-20 or 15-20. When I was first building this I was expecting 13-20 since every other crit range extender in the game doubles with improved critical. I was quite surprised when I actually went out and tested on Lam. Reported it, but devs were mum as to WAI or not.
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2015 at 10:49pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Ghostbaned

Reply #60 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Been 28 now with this build, on live, and loving it. Quite nice for a no-trick build. Changed some stuff (like not using broken enhancements, using EE Jeweled Cloak instead of Eveningstar challenge cloak, etc). Pretty simple to clear EE's with this build. Been doing EE raids with it too, and like the single target dps, and that it's 'simple' (not having to press many buttons, rebuff a lot, etc). Thanks for the build again 5 foot. Needed something new and fun to play.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #61 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
Some Guy Here On The Boards wrote on Jan 8th, 2015 at 5:02pm:
Been 28 now with this build, on live, and loving it. Quite nice for a no-trick build. Changed some stuff (like not using broken enhancements, using EE Jeweled Cloak instead of Eveningstar challenge cloak, etc). Pretty simple to clear EE's with this build. Been doing EE raids with it too, and like the single target dps, and that it's 'simple' (not having to press many buttons, rebuff a lot, etc). Thanks for the build again 5 foot. Needed something new and fun to play.

No problem. #makingddofunagain

Care to post some completion times or DPS numbers for the disbelievers?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #62 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
I also just TRed my main into the same build, swapping out Completionist for Stunning Blow. Haven't hit epic levels yet but it's the first time I've played a barb build that I liked in about 3 years.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:
An update:

Our internal testing with the proposed changes is over-performing. When we examined why the problem is Storm's Eye and the ability to keep up +25 damage. While we don't want to re-introduce self damaging effects, a sustainable +25 damage is too much damage for one ability.

We are considering either dialing back Storm's Eye to make it have less uptime or just less damage and going ahead with these other listed changes, or dialing back these other changes. We don't particularly like the second option because it stacks too much DPS into the FB capstone and that's probably not a design space we want to be in, but we wanted to get player's opinions on the situation.

Sev~

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #64 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Once again achievement section nerfs a class. Cheesy

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #65 - Jan 10th, 2015 at 7:11am
Print Post  
Fucking cocksucking shit for brains asshat motherfuckers.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #66 - Jan 10th, 2015 at 8:03am
Print Post  
And yet they allow Divine Might with its ~+16 STR running for 2 minutes and spammable.....but noooooo Barb is good DPS now we dont need that from a class that only does that.....

Epoch wrote on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:46am:
I can tell by your typing that you are an uneducated fuckwit.  This explains why you think books are bad.  I bet you think school is hard and you shouldn't have to repeat 7th grade again this year.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #67 - Jan 10th, 2015 at 8:29am
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 7:53pm:
Once again achievement section nerfs a class.

5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 10th, 2015 at 7:11am:
Fucking cocksucking shit for brains asshat motherfuckers.

yup. barbs break a breaking ranks time record and Sev becomes stupid.

the part that pisses me off is he said their internal testing.

Turbine.

Internal testing.

Turbine internal testing...
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2015 at 8:30am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Jan 10th, 2015 at 9:03am
Print Post  
If Turbine continues to listen to the army of ball licking asshole kissing Crybabies and Paladins that want in the PC and not the voice of reason things like these will happen.

Already some Paladins spammed something about golems heart and supreme cleaving but forgot to mention the broken Occult Remove Con item to work,the ungranted +2 STR from enhancements,3-4 skills that stop to work,reequiping weapons after each instance,the fact that critical rage isnt stacking with IC the Capstone from 1 tier but T5 from another,the tight AP making you choose easier to hit Shocked and the feat starvation factor.

Fuck all the fanboys screaming OMG the new producer is a beast finally this game is going the right direction BS

Barbarians always benefited from packs of mobs together and cleaving.

Thats not something new,they stripped barbs cleave spam spread it in EDs and when finally barbs can stand in a pack of mobs more than 2 seconds again to dish out their damage NERFFFFF them they are stronk

I can tell by your typing that you are an uneducated fuckwit.  This explains why you think books are bad.  I bet you think school is hard and you shouldn't have to repeat 7th grade again this year.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #69 - Jan 10th, 2015 at 9:25am
Print Post  
That is why I think achievement section is crap.
All you gonna do is nerf the class you are playing.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #70 - Jan 11th, 2015 at 2:07am
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Jan 10th, 2015 at 9:25am:
That is why I think achievement section is crap.
All you gonna do is nerf the class you are playing.

One of the reasons I don't post there.

Maybe while they're relooking at things they'll fix some of those bugged enhancements and maybe even grow half a neuron and put some fucking DPS in the shitty ravager capstone. If the ravager capstone hadn't been completely useless from the get go then I wouldn't even have thought to put more than 31 points in FB.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Jan 11th, 2015 at 6:33am
Print Post  
And yet people are too Gimped to realise the size of the nerf...

Arguments like i am going bellow 50% all the time and the Value of +25 mellee Power and the passive heal isnt a big issue to them....

But yet again they are people in LD twisting Consecration and dont go in DC not even trying it.

I am planning ahead so i can have my long cooldown Zeal (that transfers even after i exit the dungeon and join the next one) up for the fights that matter at full Power

Now i`ll have 2 Boosts that i will have most of the time deactivated reducing my overall DPS for a short burst that will expire before the boss is dead.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #72 - Jan 11th, 2015 at 7:16am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 11th, 2015 at 2:07am:

Maybe while they're relooking at things they'll fix some of those bugged enhancements and maybe even grow half a neuron and put some fucking DPS in the shitty ravager capstone. If the ravager capstone hadn't been completely useless from the get go then I wouldn't even have thought to put more than 31 points in FB.

We playing the same game?
They wont fix shit.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #73 - Jan 11th, 2015 at 9:55am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 11th, 2015 at 2:07am:

Same reason i will never post in achivment.
But there is more complexity with that, people there are so full of ego issues that they cant admit someone is better at the game then they are.
They actually get offended when you say you had a better completition then they had on their very own build or on something similiar.
And thing i i never understood about that section is the following:
Everyone in that section is against using exploit builds, but every single person will have multiple completed thforged items. At some points i even saw people with up to 19 th items on bars heh.

Overall, ddo is so fucking messy that thare is no line to figure out what is considerd a achivments.
And best place to indirectly see that stuff is avhiments section.
So basically what i dont understant is the purpose of that section, is it the place where you say, hey look at me and my pro cheating skills?
Isnt vault suposed to be for that stuff?

ALso as sidenote, i had a severly better completition time in wolf before necro gear personally in breaking for example.
ANd i told zav that, he got offended for some reason and told me to post that.
After i said i never posted nor will post in a section that is retarded as it get, he was kinda offended.
While at the same time he openly admited that golem supreme is exploiting...
He wanted to make a point that wolf swf2wf is exploit and that my completition there doesnt count, while using ploits himself and says his time is legit /:

I was a bit confused tbh

/i mean i dont get what makes people so worked up on speed runs, it never made sense to me why for example zoda zav and cetus clash heads so much while its clear s sun that all those people simply easily duped as well and abused ploits as fk
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2015 at 9:58am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Ghostbaned

Reply #74 - Jan 11th, 2015 at 10:48am
Print Post  
Isn't achievement section just attention seeking / ego stroking posts? Haven't really looked at it for awhile, but don't recall any post like "Hey guys, here's how well this build worked out, and how I did this run. Happy to help others out. Enjoy this build Smiley"... Instead, all I recall are posts like "I am teh awesomes. I am teh bestest! No ones cans beats me!" Followed with, "you beat me! you iz cheatz!"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18
Send TopicPrint