Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Little suggestion needed about staff build (Read 2243 times)
Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Little suggestion needed about staff build
Nov 24th, 2014 at 7:11am
Print Post  
Trying to force myself to finish last 3 martial lifes, so while hard thinking what i would most prolly play i came to staff builds.
They are always fun, work well in dreadnought due to att speed and should have fun synergy with palie.

So i trd to a bf palie went up to lv 18 as a 15 palie 2 rogue 1 monk, figured why not grab gr earth stance since i got enough feats anyways.
Now the issue i came up to is that im locked into monk rogue palie alrdy, not a issue at all but what to do with last levels.
Options: 15 palie 4 rogue 1 monk, stance no iron fist no shintao prr but killer, got enough ap to get the t3 kotc light damage, assasints killer maxed qstrike melle power power of the forge.
Thats a more offense oriented build tho with dstrike, should be around 20 killer 12 belt 9 plife  5% epic des feat 25 qstrike 10% zeal (possilby ligt mace) so around 81% dstrike.
Also with kotc light damage the att speed gl blows and endv blades it could and should be fun

2nd idea is 15 palie 3 monk 2 rogue, more defense focused with light finisher, mainly grasp that is important and shintao prr in earth stance.

Third idea is 15 palie 3 rogue 2 monk, more sneak skills nothng in particular, but possible to get more dodge cap increase this way.

Now i lean toward the max dps split with 4 rogue, but what would you guys do?
Is not a ee solo super efficiency build, its a force myself to play while having fun with blitz and sireth then etr 3 times the first second i hit 28.
Could be ee viable tho, dont see a issue with it.
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2014 at 7:45am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Re: Little suggestion needed about staff build
Reply #1 - Nov 24th, 2014 at 10:27am
Print Post  
I'd write off monk and use it soley for the bonus feat.

Instead of Master of forms pick up Adamantine Body, enjoy the PRR/MRR with a much cheaper AP expenditure than what shintao earth would have cost.

Rather than Adept of forms grab quicken to reduce reconstruct downtime.

Go for the 15p/4rogue/1monk. Losing +1crit on 19/20 won't be as much dps in theory, but realistically heavy armors lack of downtime should lead to it surpassing earth stance robe dps.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #2 - Nov 24th, 2014 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
What Munk said. My stick toon became a lot more survivable swapping to Addy armor. I took Fighter instead of Monk, but both work because it was purely for the feats.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Nov 24th, 2014 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
I tried every staff build I could think of. Did Haek's Zeus build on live. Tested 15p 3m 2r on lama. After everything I would listen to Monk and go heavy armor. Just sit in front of mobs and doublestrike until youre blue in the face.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #4 - Nov 24th, 2014 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
I definitely saw an improvement in survivability (and hence fun) going 15Pal/3Rog/2Ftr in heavy armor than I did my last life doing a very similar split to Haek's build. I'd consider a Monk splash only if going Dex-based, and I still don't think the pros outweigh the cons.

4Rog/1Ftr might be a superior split but I haven't tested it since I've been focusing on other projects. I really wanted the +3 tactics from Fighter anyway.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #5 - Nov 25th, 2014 at 6:27am
Print Post  
Issue with upgraded stance is, staff bf is so ap starved that i really cant get killer qstrike power of forge kotc lv 12 core and upgraded stance.
Went with 4 rogue, first etr will try out stanced monk idea.
Just couldnt resist to drop the w from dance combined with earth stance.
For human version harmor would be perfect tho
Will try out addie after etr.
I get enough feats either way to get quicken, build is totally not feat starved since im droping cleaves entirely due to the fact that i actaully lose dps from cleaves once k have killer and qstrike /light mace now stacked.
Did ee breaking ice on 23 with friend, and there were no issues whatsover with survival.
Prr with power of the forge reaches now around 177, without it i stand at 157 with evasion, godly reflex, only 20% dodge.
Survival is just fine for any ee as it is.
The dps loss would really hurt me tho, its 1.5 w and 1 less criti multi on 19/20 for more prr loss of evasion that serves me perfecty and a horrible dodge score.
Not so sure if that is worth it.
Will try after etr, but it seems worse then stanced
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2014 at 6:38am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Nov 25th, 2014 at 7:45am
Print Post  
One of my guild mates played a Zeus clone for some time.  He always said that he liked the Zeus build better then Cetus.  Good luck.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the razor wire fence.

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #7 - Nov 25th, 2014 at 9:49am
Print Post  
I'd love to know how to get 157 PRR on an evasion toon. I would love to build another Rog but don't know how to make one that can survive enough without hiding all the time.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #8 - Nov 25th, 2014 at 11:12am
Print Post  
Heh its past lifes pack, i got all prr plifes, palie stance, earth stance prr ring earth stance prr twist, couple it with planar set and prr from power of forge and dreadnoughts prr it becomes rather massive.

IF you want a prr evasion toon i will suggest the palie tree build.
12 monk 5 cleric 3 palie.
You get earth stance prr, stance prr, past life prr, item prr, and 50 from being in tree form alone.
I know i could reach 200+ prr easy with my plifes while having 30% dodge and no fail saves beside on 1s.
I mean i agree that harmor is the way to go, but there are couple builds out there that abuse prr with evasion and dodge so much that its stupid.
Yes harmor is they way to go, but there are couple specific cases where you can laugh at harmor builds Wink
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2014 at 11:12am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Nov 25th, 2014 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Packfan wrote on Nov 25th, 2014 at 9:49am:
I'd love to know how to get 157 PRR on an evasion toon. I would love to build another Rog but don't know how to make one that can survive enough without hiding all the time.

He has every pdk and epic divine life, that gives 36 just being naked. Can still be done, sort of.

45 from Grandmaster earth with Iron Skin and Standing with Stone twist.
30 Sheltering item.
25 defender stance.
20 improved combat expertise twist.
15 planar conflux prowess

Temporary: 10 from Power of the Forge Boost or 15 from defender boost(non stacking)
Temporary: 30 while Blitzing
Temporary: 50 as tree

If you dont have prr lives and dont want to wear conflux, use defender boost, take combat expertise stance and twist, twist standing with stone while getting iron skin. Wear heavy armor and get the 30/60 dr on top. Get ship absorbs, absorb item and 100 mrr. Much more practical and easier to do.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #10 - Nov 25th, 2014 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
Thanks, I appreciate the breakdown. I have a tactics monk I'm planning to TR. Maybe I'll grab a few epic past lives first before I decide what to do with him. I'd like to have at least one toon that's not wearing heavy armor and I wouldn't mind seeing first-hand how the tree build performs vs my wolf toon.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint