Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic BardBearian Build (Read 4395 times)
PaxsMickey
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

BardBearian Build
Dec 20th, 2014 at 4:19am
Print Post  
Hello! First time posting my own topic here, so I'll be brief.

I like puns too much, and have wanted to make a Bardbearian since the druid class was released, but figured there was no way it could be a viable build split that has anything at all going for it. Then I figured there is a new barbarian enhancement pass, and a bunch of expert character builders, so if anyone could make a bard/druid/barbarian playable it would be one of you fine gentle-sirs.

The only requirements are that it include druid levels, bard levels, barbarian levels, and fight in bear form. Is this just taking a joke too far? (if so I can return to the shadows from which I awkwardly creep from)

Thanks in advance,
-PaxsMickey

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Re: BardBearian Build
Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2014 at 4:49am
Print Post  
Bears are fucked no matter how good the build is. Bear form has one of the slowest attack animations in the game, cleaves help but ultimately wolf is always better.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Dec 20th, 2014 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
I have to chime in with munk, the bear is gimp from the start. I have tried 4 different builds run all the way to 28 and never was anywhere near optimal.

In fact it becomes so gimped that it makes it impossible to even play as a flavor build.

« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2014 at 2:45pm by gawker »  

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #3 - Dec 21st, 2014 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
not even spamming cleaves and special attacks can overcome the slow attack speed?

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Dec 21st, 2014 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
no.

IP Logged

PaxsMickey
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Dec 21st, 2014 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Well I appreciate the responses. Thank you for trying sirs.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #6 - Dec 21st, 2014 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
crunch wrote on Dec 21st, 2014 at 2:02pm:
not even spamming cleaves and special attacks can overcome the slow attack speed?

You've gotta consider that since the attacks are unarmed, you can't use Momentum Swing from LD, which also means that Lay Waste is essentially useless.

That leaves, cleave, great cleave and supreme cleave.  Not enough cleaves to chain 24/7. 

Whirlwind is a possibility, but what's the point. I could use the same build in human form and have all the cleaves I want, or I could use the build in wolf form and have the same cleaves as bear form but with a much better attack speed.

Bears problem is, and has always been that the attack animation involves the bear standing up then swinging with their paws.  Until the animation is changed the form is so far behind wolf it's not worth considering.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Dec 22nd, 2014 at 1:05am
Print Post  
I did run whirlwinds on builds as well, still gimped.

Rule of thumb, if it's a bear and it's Lev 20+ it's a flavor build.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #8 - Dec 22nd, 2014 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
crunch wrote on Dec 21st, 2014 at 2:02pm:
slow attack speed

Twitch/spacebar?

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #9 - Dec 22nd, 2014 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
it probably swings as slow as the tree with 2% of a tree's dps. so not worth it.
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2014 at 10:19pm by rest »  

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #10 - Jan 1st, 2015 at 8:18am
Print Post  
Regardless of what gimp build you choose, i think you should drop all barbarian levels. I mean your going to fucking be gimp you might as well stick to the flavor aspect, even if it is shit flavored.

If you really intend to rape peoples ears talking about how fucking cool your BardBearian is you need to go fucking all in.

When some poor retarded fucker makes the unforgivable error of asking you about your fuckwit approved build, as in the ultimate stupid fucking question; "How many Barbarian levels are you going to take?"

This is where you go for it, you are going to blow this guys mind, and make me fucking blow chunks because I always seem to get these fucktards in my groups.

You say the following shit, and it is very important you key the mic the entire time:

"I am not taking any barbarian levels, I am a BardBearian get it, A bard that's a bear, not a Barbarian, that's the best part about my build, I get to be a BardBearian and don't even have to take any Barbarian levels, don't you see what a great idea this is, I just love Flavor builds they really add a whole new aspect to the game, I go so tired of just soloing Epic Elites all the time I really needed to challenge myself, having gone triple completionist on my main with max twists and fate points, the game is just too easy, you have to go out and make your own challenge, sure I died 15 times or so already but hey it's about having fun right, and you didn't mind you had to come all the way back to the jump room because you know, bears can't jump, do you know what I mean?" (The punctuation is correct, this should be read as one long sentence . You may want to try to master the art of circular breathing.)

Bonus points, if nobody ask you the set up question just wait until the dragons are down to about 5% to start spewing this shit.

Double bonus points if you get on opportunity to roll on something.

Triple bonus points if you win the roll.

Quadruple bonus points if they actually give it to you.

YOU WIN THE FUCKING GAME:
If you can fail a raid just by spewing this shit.

TL/DR

Just some gay shit for the OP just keep fucking scrolling.
« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 2015 at 8:36am by Who Cares »  

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Odin212
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Feb 10th, 2015 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Kind of afraid to ask after that last rant (and its not quite what the op wanted) but what about 12 barbarian 8 bard split using most of the ap in Barbarian and using the levels in bard for heal/self buff?
« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2015 at 1:26pm by Odin212 »  

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #12 - Feb 22nd, 2015 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
Odin212 wrote on Feb 10th, 2015 at 1:26pm:
Kind of afraid to ask after that last rant...

I don't think your going to make it here if you give a fuck about what the rest of these dickbags post.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #13 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 12:08am
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Jan 1st, 2015 at 8:18am:
You may want to try to master the art of circular breathing.

I read it as though it was said through a didgeridoo.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #14 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 2:04am
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 12:08am:
I read it as though it was said through a didgeridoo.

I'd play that build.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Odin212 wrote on Feb 10th, 2015 at 1:26pm:
Kind of afraid to ask after that last rant (and its not quite what the op wanted) but what about 12 barbarian 8 bard split using most of the ap in Barbarian and using the levels in bard for heal/self buff?

go full barb. or 18 /1fvs/1x

playing a raged light armored bard is very narrow

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint