Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic New Player on NW (Read 3887 times)
ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

New Player on NW
Dec 21st, 2014 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Since DDO is down so damn much lately, have taken the time to fight thru all the hoops Arc makes you jump thru to install NW and have been puttering around with it.

All in all, I absolutely LOVE the graphics, but the play style sucks. Freezing while an action animation plays is ball-licking bullshit. But over all, I like a few of the aspects.

The constant 'mouse look' is helping me work my skills I have failed to develop in DDO (I tend to use keyboard for move/turn and just aim with mouse in DDO), and kept promising myself I would learn but still haven't.

Doing a (F2P) Drow Ranger, and wondering if there are any tasty snack treats that could help a lvl 10 newb?  Roll Eyes

PS: I already PMed Epoc... he said something about my Mom & a stage in Tijuana.. not too sure what he meant because he seemed terribly drunk at the time.
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2014 at 5:50pm by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: New Player on NW
Reply #1 - Dec 21st, 2014 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
I think what he was saying was that playing NW is like watching your mom get banged on stage in Tijuana and you are in the front row.  You might have the best seat in the house, but you are watching your mom get banged.  The quality of the view isn't really making that a good experience.

NW has nice graphics, but the game play sucks and the content sucks.  Since you are level 10 you might be thinking it will get better.  It won't.  To paraphrase Obi Wan: "This isn't the D&D based MMO you are looking for".

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Dec 21st, 2014 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
I gotta admit, I am baffled. They implement a system where you can modify everything about how your character LOOKS, but absolutely jack shit about your training?

"Dual/Multi-Class...? Nobody wants that.. they want to make their arms longer and their tits bigger!"

wut?  Shocked

Oh.. and WHAT is up with the non-stop barking sales on the chat? That is INSANE.. it's like being at the Marrakesh Bazaar @ noon!
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2014 at 5:52pm by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #3 - Dec 21st, 2014 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
Cryptic is the poster child of what is wrong with MMO's today.  With maybe the exception of Star Trek; their games are horribly devoid of content, customization, or classes.  One of the 3 will be missing.  Always

Champions, Missing content
STO, Missing classes
NWO, Missing customization

See the pattern?

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #4 - Dec 21st, 2014 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
well if mouse look gives you problems, try AION by NC Soft, best played without mouselook an you get wings at level 10 and can fly around and shit. Its on a timer so you can even go all fucking Icarus if you feel like it.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #5 - Dec 22nd, 2014 at 6:46am
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Dec 21st, 2014 at 5:45pm:
I gotta admit, I am baffled. They implement a system where you can modify everything about how your character LOOKS, but absolutely jack shit about your training?

"Dual/Multi-Class...? Nobody wants that.. they want to make their arms longer and their tits bigger!"

wut?  Shocked

Oh.. and WHAT is up with the non-stop barking sales on the chat? That is INSANE.. it's like being at the Marrakesh Bazaar @ noon!

It's all bots. Just uninstall.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Doggydaddy
Titan Demolisher

Pull my Finger......

Reply #6 - Dec 27th, 2014 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
Welp.. on my 3rd day.. getting the living shit kicked out of me in 'Old Magic'. 'Easy' wasn't so bad, but got to the end and its bugged, can't complete.. no blue dust on shelf. So doing it on 'Normal', and I just keep getting mobbed fairly non-stop.

Anyone spare some heal potions or anything? I just turned 25 and am KINDA getting the hang of things....

Can NOT believe the insane sales pitching, had to spam lock my mail in game, its NUTZ!

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jan 4th, 2015 at 10:34am
Print Post  
I know what yer saying... hard to get a question out when the endless "10% off if you like our Facebook" sales spamming buries anything you try to post...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint