Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic tree build ranger? (Read 3518 times)
ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

tree build ranger?
Jan 13th, 2015 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
is it possible to do the Tree build with Ranger instead of fighter?

6 ranger 5 cleric 9 monk...  would that still work?  then youd get a bunch of the TWF things for free, and you would also be able to possibly get some love from the Tempest tree if you were a shortsword user?

thoughts?

IP Logged

Brac
Waterworks Kobold

Re: tree build ranger?
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2015 at 3:00am
Print Post  
Yeah it can work.  The main qualification to run tree is 5 cleric for aura and enough cleave effects to circumvent the attack delay.  It may not end up being the optimal build, but it should still be effective.

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jan 14th, 2015 at 3:05am
Print Post  
Im really enjoying the 9/6/5 split.  sun-elf like rubbins'.  but was just wondering if the Tempest line would make it even better or just worse.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jan 14th, 2015 at 6:27am
Print Post  
ElGuapo wrote on Jan 14th, 2015 at 3:05am:
Im really enjoying the 9/6/5 split.  sun-elf like rubbins'.  but was just wondering if the Tempest line would make it even better or just worse.

Any split with monk and cleric can work. You would lose 2 feats and defender stance. Gaining Manyshot. Tempest tier 4 doesnt look too good for trees. DWS has killer and merciful strike. I dont think the trade is better off for it.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #4 - Jan 14th, 2015 at 7:18am
Print Post  
However....

During a recent 2Ftr/6Cleric/12Ranger Tempest doin Draconic for Arcane EPL I would swap to an EE Bronze Ingot Arcanum for Flyby/EB/DB and would nail mobs with a couple cleave attacks before swapping back to Khops. 

Every so often I would not bother swapping and hit DoD with the staff equipped and noticed it worked while not TWF.

Considering rolling up an iconic  5 Ranger + w/e w/ SWF + DoD to see first hand but I would think DoD would work nicely with all the other cleavy tree stuff.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jan 14th, 2015 at 8:08am
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Jan 14th, 2015 at 7:18am:
DoD would work nicely with all the other cleavy tree stuff.

It would, but giving up cleric tier 5 aura is giving up infi spirit. With enough SP, going in and out of form can be kept up indefinitely.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #6 - Jan 14th, 2015 at 10:40am
Print Post  
I personally would still stick with 12 5 3 with palie.
Its just best version out there currently.
Unless what i saw in that thread could be done to offset spirit ticks with bard sustaining song.
No idea how that would work thom sine kind barb bard smthn build, maybe fighter.
But its just dumb idea so far which depend is sustaining songs tick rate is good enough and if it can tick while full hp..

I just want a freaking alternative outside of cleric

IP Logged

FM
Dragon Raider

Reply #7 - Jan 14th, 2015 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
Just tested Sustaining Song. The ticks do not produce spirit charges and the ticks do not go off when at full hp.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #8 - Jan 15th, 2015 at 8:32am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 14th, 2015 at 8:08am:
It would, but giving up cleric tier 5 aura is giving up infi spirit. With enough SP, going in and out of form can be kept up indefinitely.

LoL yeah there's that.   Sometimes I am dumb /shrug

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 7:44am
Print Post  
is the monk cleric pally version truly better than the fighter split?  or is it just preference?

I kinda sorta followed Rubbin's build with the 9/6/5 Monk Fighter Cleric split, and its ridiculous.   73/71/66 saves, 150 AC, 271% Fort in tree form, 1200+hp, 30% dodge, 25% incorp, 183 PRR in tree form...

what specifically are the advantages to the pally?

doesnt seem like much other than abundant step?

Me

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 9:14am
Print Post  
ElGuapo wrote on Jan 16th, 2015 at 7:44am:
what specifically are the advantages to the pally?

higher saves, lay on hands, hamp and step. Fighter split trades that for 2 more feats and slightly better heroic leveling experience. Easier to fit in everything on sun elf, or non-human.

IP Logged

nicetrybutimjesus
Korthos Resident

drama?

Reply #11 - Feb 4th, 2015 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 14th, 2015 at 10:40am:
I personally would still stick with 12 5 3 with palie.
Its just best version out there currently.
Unless what i saw in that thread could be done to offset spirit ticks with bard sustaining song.
No idea how that would work thom sine kind barb bard smthn build, maybe fighter.
But its just dumb idea so far which depend is sustaining songs tick rate is good enough and if it can tick while full hp..

I just want a freaking alternative outside of cleric

ive done the tree build too an alternate would be nice, sustaining song ticks every 2 seconds and you could wear 2 greensteel items to lose life so it ticks
taking bard would stop you from getting monk levels tho so no 4 hits on whirlwind
« Last Edit: Feb 4th, 2015 at 3:06pm by nicetrybutimjesus »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint