Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Char base build (Read 2887 times)
korinter
Korthos Resident

I Love Boobs

Char base build
Jan 25th, 2015 at 8:52am
Print Post  
Hi all

so i am thinking of this build, char base. 2pal/6fig/12clr. Pdk running in DC

the core of the build is max char for energy burst, max fire spellpower for consecrattion/castigation. max pos spellspower for pos aura. main att is energy burst fire, consec, melee while waiting for cool down.

please give some pro tips

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Re: Char base build
Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
I actually have this build, it was intended as a self-healing tank for FoT before the new raids came out. Survivability and self-healing is great, DPS is not, no matter how you cut it. I'm TRing out of it because the split is sub-par for just about every way you can play it to other splits. But back when FoT was the only raid we ran consistently it shined pretty well.
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2015 at 8:14pm by Packfan »  

IP Logged

korinter
Korthos Resident

I Love Boobs

Reply #2 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
so you are saying the build is more or less useless? but is it fun , did you enjoy running it?

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #3 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
I enjoyed running it as a self-healing tank, before the AC changes, before everyone could easily heal themselves, before Tforged weapons and armor. Before the new Pal stuff and new enhancements.

I logged in recently to try it out and I just don't care for it. Sure the AC is still high, it has decent fire/pos spell power, but it's a jack of all trades that doesn't do anything especially well. You're basically playing a healer roll, an indestructable healer, but in my opinion that type of build doesn't really have a place in today's game. I can hit higher PRR/MRR with suitable healing on a dps build that puts out 3x the damage. In fact all my dps builds leave it in the dust. I never went with energy burst and such, but it's not going to be anywhere near a Sorc or FvS.

It wasn't fun enough for me to keep it, put it that way. The only reason I haven't TRed out of it yet is because I have 3 other TR projects going on.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #4 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 2:26am
Print Post  
Has anyone tried out consecration on a fire savant?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #5 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 7:18am
Print Post  
I have not, but to put it in perspective, it's 1d6 per Char level compared to Energy Burst that's 1d15+15 per Char level. Since it gives 5 ticks over 15 secs then the damage ends up being closer. If each tick could crit then I think it would be on par with EB though it would require the full 15 secs to get there.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #6 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 7:31am
Print Post  
Packfan wrote on Jan 27th, 2015 at 7:18am:
I have not, but to put it in perspective, it's 1d6 per Char level compared to Energy Burst that's 1d15+15 per Char level. Since it gives 5 ticks over 15 secs then the damage ends up being closer. If each tick could crit then I think it would be on par with EB though it would require the full 15 secs to get there.

Well, they're not mutually exclusive, but yes whether or not it can crit and whther or not it benefits from bonus caster levels will have a huge effect on viability.

I'm picturing a pile of persistent AoEs. Stacking consecration with incendiary cloud, wall of fire, etc with max spellpower.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #7 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 8:40am
Print Post  
I just wonder, in terms of bang/buck, if it's necessary for most content. One EB takes down the majority of HP. Usually I'll follow up with CM or FM to finish off the pack. I guess for Orange/Red names it would be good though. I have a FvS Shiradi spammer I could give it a try on, see how it plays.

IP Logged

korinter
Korthos Resident

I Love Boobs

Reply #8 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
EB then Consec, melee while waiting for cooldown to reset. ticks from pos aura and consec should keep you alive. cycle it. is it at all viable? what is CM and FM short for?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #9 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
korinter wrote on Jan 27th, 2015 at 6:39pm:
EB then Consec, melee while waiting for cooldown to reset. ticks from pos aura and consec should keep you alive. cycle it. is it at all viable? what is CM and FM short for?

Chain Missiles/Force Missiles.

We're talking about arcane builds now. Sorry to go offtopic, but I would probably only do radiant aura/consecration as an AFK build when multiboxing.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

korinter
Korthos Resident

I Love Boobs

Reply #10 - Feb 3rd, 2015 at 6:17am
Print Post  
Against all the negative feedback, I ended up making a char base build anyway. Its true the dps isnt good, but certaintly not bad. The surviveability is great tho. I think its really fun, and i like it!

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #11 - Feb 3rd, 2015 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
korinter wrote on Feb 3rd, 2015 at 6:17am:
I think its really fun, and i like it!

That is the most important part of any build.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint