Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) MAX DPS Swashbuckler Build (Read 45908 times)
Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Re: MAX DPS Swashbuckler Build
Reply #25 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
Wait wait wait, did he say that frozen fury with its superb dc calculation and a 6 sec cd 6 sec duration as 12 bard making "everything helpless" is worthless?

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 2:20pm:
Wait wait wait, did he say that frozen fury with its superb dc calculation and a 6 sec cd 6 sec duration as 12 bard making "everything helpless" is worthless?

He said it's worthless for his build.  And judging by his enhancements/setup it would be worthless.  He's right to stick with shield bash/anvil.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #27 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 4:11pm:
He said it's worthless for his build.  And judging by his enhancements/setup it would be worthless.  He's right to stick with shield bash/anvil. 

Not my fault he didn't go Cha for main stat to take advantage of one of the strongest melee bard abilities. Cha is way more synergistic. Then he could have no fail Frozen Fury & Stunning Shield DCs.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 4:46am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 9:46pm:
Not my fault he didn't go Cha for main stat to take advantage of one of the strongest melee bard abilities. Cha is way more synergistic. Then he could have no fail Frozen Fury & Stunning Shield DCs.

I prefer strength, since there are many enhancements + buffs that boost it that well. I am not going to bother with yet another clicky (especially if it only works on single targets) which i wouldn't even use most of the time. Also certainly not going to sacrifice a reliable aoe knockdown source (lay waste) plus i prefer having some of my ap in stalwart. Come to think of it, i also would have to take cha to dmg from swash, or worse pdk knight training.
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2015 at 4:49am by »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #29 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 5:01am
Print Post  
Quote:
I prefer strength, since there are many enhancements + buffs that boost it that well. I am not going to bother with yet another clicky (especially if it only works on single targets) which i wouldn't even use most of the time. Also certainly not going to sacrifice a reliable aoe knockdown source (lay waste) plus i prefer having some of my ap in stalwart. Come to think of it, i also would have to take cha to dmg from swash, or worse pdk knight training.

Stalwart is very good, but you know that very few of those AP are netting you any DPS on a supposed "MAX DPS" build.

Hmm, I wonder how many monks would take stunning fist if there were a Wis to damage enhancement... Roll Eyes

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 5:09am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 5:01am:
Stalwart is very good, but you know that very few of those AP are netting you any DPS on a supposed "MAX DPS" build.

Hmm, I wonder how many monks would take stunning fist if there were a Wis to damage enhancement... Roll Eyes
Shield Expertise: Shields and weapons you equip gain +1/+2/+3 to their Enhancement bonus. Also strong defense and the strength bonus adds to dps. Lets not forget that i could take the stunning blow feat anytime (and probably follow with follow up for the extra melee power.) with a dc of 74+ making it work reliable enough. Though as i said, i don't really need it. Stalwart is a great contribution to overall dps output.
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2015 at 5:12am by »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #31 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 5:17am
Print Post  
Quote:
Some of Stalwart is a great contribution to overall dps output.

FTFY

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Mar 14th, 2015 at 6:41am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 5:17am:
FTFY

You have to look at the whole package, which is much better than what other prestiges give.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #33 - Mar 14th, 2015 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You have to look at the whole package, which is much better than what other prestiges give.

No, if you are going to claim "MAX DPS" then you can't justify loading ~10 extra points into Defender just for defense  when there is no-brainer dps just sitting there like the melee power in Harper, Frozen Fury and other goodies in WC, etc.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Lehane
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Mar 14th, 2015 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 14th, 2015 at 10:33pm:
No, if you are going to claim "MAX DPS" then you can't justify loading ~10 extra points into Defender just for defense  when there is no-brainer dps just sitting there like the melee power in Harper, Frozen Fury and other goodies in WC, etc.

perhaps he should do "max dps", "brutal dps", and "legendary dps" versions then?  Cool

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 12:34am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 14th, 2015 at 10:33pm:

Oh boy, you can't dps when you are dead. Just saying  Wink.

Warchanter is shit aside from frozen fury which i won't even need, and i am not going to sacrifice a reliable knockdown source (lay waste) for that plus i need the strength for stunning blow as well in case i wanna take it.

There are many melee power sources from vanguard aka follow up (which i won't take without stunning blow +9 MP) and
melee power boost (which btw stacks with my other boosts, making triple boosting possible to use +30 MP).

I can easily get that by sacrificing heal amp from pdk, secound skin and +1 con from Warchanter without even touching stalwart.

Harper is a joke because none wants to spend 1 ap for only 1 melee power per rank so i wouldn't even consider taking it.

Oh an besides, frozen fury is not bad, but not enough if you are not planning to go pure. I have been trying that build and the dc was not high enough when doing higher EE content without the pdk training. (75-77 dc) with pdk training, which means no handaxe or lights picks only shortswords forcing me to loose a big chunk of dps, lost from weapon damage and crit profile, or (68-70) without pdk training, what in my opinion is rather low and not enough dc for tough ee content.

It is pretty obvious to me that aside from con to damage not going strength is a noob trap, enough said.
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2015 at 3:40am by »  

IP Logged

bleedblast
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 2:53am
Print Post  
Don't waste your time guys once he claimed 12 fighter with bard swash was the best way to go using keen edge! I know  Roll Eyes. then I told him better use exploit weakness he told me nah keen edge > exploit weakness. Now he is playing the 12 6 2 bard icon good build but not best dps out there and I'm telling you 15 bard 5 whatever  better in dps, fun, defence and cc than 12 bard 6 fighter 2 whatever. right now running the 15 bard 4 fighter 1 wiz Idk if it's the best dps bard swash variant but hey 84 spinning ice dc (82 if are just 12 bard lvls 13-14 +1dc snd the song you get in lvl 15 bard +1 dc) mmm love it. enhanments tier 5 warchanter ofc some swash some vanguard dc stun bonus (kensei stun bonus as well)  works with spinning ice and frozen fury + some stalwart defense 1400 hp and 160 prr good enough using shortsword and that's how you play bards nowadays kid but good try  Grin
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2015 at 2:56am by bleedblast »  

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 3:14am
Print Post  
bleedblast wrote on Mar 15th, 2015 at 2:53am:
Don't waste your time guys once he claimed 12 fighter with bard swash was the best way to go using keen edge! I know  Roll Eyes. then I told him better use exploit weakness he told me nah keen edge > exploit weakness. Now he is playing the 12 6 2 bard icon good build but not best dps out there and I'm telling you 15 bard 5 whatever  better in dps, fun, defence and cc than 12 bard 6 fighter 2 whatever. right now running the 15 bard 4 fighter 1 wiz Idk if it's the best dps bard swash variant but hey 84 spinning ice dc (82 if are just 12 bard lvls 13-14 +1dc snd the song you get in lvl 15 bard +1 dc) mmm love it. enhanments tier 5 warchanter ofc some swash some vanguard dc stun bonus (kensei stun bonus as well)  works with spinning ice and frozen fury + some stalwart defense 1400 hp and 160 prr good enough using shortsword and that's how you play bards nowadays kid but good try  Grin

Nice try, but see above.

At lvl 12 Bard with 52 sustainable cha the DC for frozen fury is : 10 + 6 (half bard lvl) + 21 (cha mod) + 7 (pdk training) + 6 LD + 5 combat mastery + 12 stunning + 3 past life + 7 know the angels = 77 DC, but i won't be using shortswords for obvious reason so the dc drops to 70 which is not enough imo.

Light picks ≥ Hand Axes > Shortswords.

Spinning ice ? lol !

15 bard lvl ? less crits because less bashing, also less feats.

No exploit weakness and coup de grace ? really ?

Limiting yourself to the worst weapon, shortswords. really ?

Nice Troll attempt though.
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2015 at 3:38am by »  

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 3:16am
Print Post  
Secound build v1.1 now updated.

Note : The Melee Power Boost from "Vanguard" does not share a cooldown with your other boosts.
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2015 at 4:14am by »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #39 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 3:41am
Print Post  
Quote:
Oh boy, you can't dps when you are dead. Just saying  Wink.

Are you seriously that bad at this game that you need a big old noob crutch just to stay alive?

Learn the mantra, repeat the mantra: "Do not gimp out for hit points."

Do not gimp out for hit points.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 3:45am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 15th, 2015 at 3:41am:
Are you seriously that bad at this game that you need a big old noob crutch just to stay alive?

Learn the mantra, repeat the mantra: "Do not gimp out for hit points."

Higher EE Quest Champions hit for 1k and above.

Learn the mantra, repeat the mantra : "You do zero dps when dead"

You do zero dps when dead.

« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2015 at 3:47am by »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #41 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 3:51am
Print Post  
Quote:
Higher EE Quest Champions hit for 1k and above.

Learn the mantra, repeat the mantra : "You do zero dps when dead"

If you can't stay alive due to having a few less AC and 1300 hp instead of 1560, then you don't belong in EE.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #42 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 3:52am
Print Post  
bleedblast wrote on Mar 15th, 2015 at 2:53am:
Don't waste your time guys once he claimed 12 fighter with bard swash was the best way to go using keen edge! I know  Roll Eyes. then I told him better use exploit weakness he told me nah keen edge > exploit weakness.

I remember that. That was extremely retarded huh?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 3:57am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 15th, 2015 at 3:51am:
If you can't stay alive due to having a few less AC and 1300 hp instead of 1560, then you don't belong in EE.

I can, but i prefer to not jump like a rabbit when healing myself plus not having swift defense makes me slower as well.

Maybe you don't belong in ee for not having a single CC option on your supposed max dps barbarian, let alone cleave and momentum swing/lay waste.

« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2015 at 4:10am by »  

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 4:00am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 15th, 2015 at 3:52am:
I remember that. That was extremely retarded huh?

Because that was obvious Troll attempt which you believed right away ?

What about your barbarian for you took toughness/etoughness for instead of stunning blow and cleave ?
Huh, i thought only gimps prefer more hit points over dps ?

Remember not to be a douche, when your ego gets hurt because others can make better toons than yourself.
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2015 at 4:03am by »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #45 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 4:25am
Print Post  
Quote:
There are many melee power sources from vanguard aka follow up (which i won't take without stunning blow +9 MP) and
melee power boost (which btw stacks with my other boosts, making triple boosting possible to use +30 MP).

How you do that?
Triple boost that is

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #46 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 4:27am
Print Post  
Quote:
Because that was obvious Troll attempt which you believed right away ?

What about your barbarian for you took toughness/etoughness for instead of stunning blow and cleave ?
Huh, i thought only gimps prefer more hit points over dps ?

Remember not to be a douche, when your ego gets hurt because others can make better toons than yourself.

Bard whatever is not better then pure barb, if it is..
Then there is no hope for you

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 4:27am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Mar 15th, 2015 at 4:25am:
How you do that?
Triple boost that is

Melee Power Boost from "Vanguard" does not share a cooldown with your other boosts,
hence you could activate all three, Haste Boost - Racial Damage Boost - Melee Power Boost at the same time.
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2015 at 4:29am by »  

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 4:28am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Mar 15th, 2015 at 4:27am:
Bard whatever is not better then pure barb, if it is..
Then there is no hope for you

I played one right after the update with the Ravager/Frenzy one as a pdk, but honestly i was not impressed. Not after what they have done to storms eye...

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #49 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 4:29am
Print Post  
Quote:
Melee Power Boost from "Vanguard" does not share a cooldown with your other boosts hence you could activate all three, Haste Boost - Racial Damage Boost - Melee Power Boost at the same time.

Hmm interesting, honestly i never even considerd to play a shield toon since they just.. Feel weak.
Still even with that knowledge i doubt il swap alt from pure barb to that, bards suck in my textbook even after the buff (personal hate)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint