Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Sorc a bit unorthodox tho. (Read 4314 times)
Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Sorc a bit unorthodox tho.
Feb 28th, 2015 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
I know the 18/2 palie wf split is popular, but i know as well it has horrible dcs during leveling, its ok at 28 tho like anything.
Now with harmor n such its in godmode survival wise.

But as im playing a pure fleshie 28 humie sorc, i never met a single scenario so far where i needed harmor.
Why? Simply relocation with wings and imuns from ele stance and superb dcs never gave me a reason to do so.

But as i told a stupid reason why words are useful on the rogue reballance threads i came to realization that i can actually get crap load more dps as pure dc sorc with that stupid "i know better then you argument".
First of all it will be a centerd build without evasion, i dont need evasion at all, but the dodge feat is very welcome.
Im running 17% dodge as a pure humie due to plifes n shit, but with a monk 1 level i will need to drop form losing 20 prr 3 % dodge and some caster levels.
Now i was actually trying to figure out if this will be or not more dps but would need help from forumities in this case.
First of all human action spellpower boost even with draco is pure bullshit.
ITs nice and all before you use vortex but beside and on dots its really not something you should build for imo.

Anyways enough of chitchat.
Idea is 18 sorc 1 monk 1 soul.
Soul for spellpower, monk for word for fire debuff.
1 monk gives 2% dodge water stance gives 1% and feat gives 3, so i would be 3 dodge ahead so at 21% dodge.
11 item + 3 plifes + 6% +1 haste
Prr should be 20 less then now, so 110. /maybe even less but who cares, past lifes alone shield and items is enough for me as il have acess to recon
mrr only the one from rings or 35 only.
But considering it would be a at cap only build with maxed dcs and points spent into fire savant for t5 rest into air 3 points into henshin.
Maybe 4 in spy, aps are to be decided.
Idea came from philosophy that to maximize dps on sorc and im pretty sure the word debuff that lasts quite long will considerably help in boss fights.
As im playing a at cap sorc in ees solo etc bla bla bla "insert brag text" i wanted to find a way to improve the builds boss dps.
I have no issues with sp so 2 soul gives me nothing that i would like due to loss of masshold and the hold burst combo is just wa more power powerful then shiradi giberish.
But the free fire spellpower is welcome from 1 fsoul.
and having only 1 lv 9 spell would hurt as i love having wail/hold combo with sometimes ene drain /that is entirely not needed.

To hit wont be a issue.
So to summerize, anyone think this could be a ok idea?
Swap to a either 18/1/1 sorc fsoul monk or a 19 sorc 1 monk.
On sidenote, as im away from ddo for work reasons, can someone do me a favor and test on lama or on live if the weaken +words stack at all?
And what do you guys think of the idea?
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2015 at 8:26pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Sorc a bit orthodox tho.
Reply #1 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Sure, sounds like a decent idea.  Wizard splash might be better than fvs, for an extra feat and universal spellpower instead.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #2 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
Hmm, wizz might also provide a benefit, i took fsoul mainly since its cheap 31 spp from 2 ap spent, and 2 more give me 2 more spp and 2% crit

I might actually do this and burn a heart after 3 warlocks on main if they keep sorc as it is now.
Twist wise it also looks way better then regular builds.
Will be hard to drop sense, but you will still one shot with burst & spells held mobs, but you can go for empyrian/fatesinger 1 char and  9 spell power twist/enchant and fey form for 15 more spellpower.
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2015 at 10:03pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #3 - Mar 3rd, 2015 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
From rough testing it seems that it works as i anticipated and both debuffs indeed stack.
Il need to perform more testing when i get free time.
But so far its clear to me that a 18 sorc 1 monk 1 fsoul bf is a clear winner when it comes to draconic builds dps wise.
Pretty confident that it is ahead dps wise from drow and human which is allowed due to ap and twist setup that allows more focus on spellpower.
It has same dc as human as well yet more superior selfheals.
I doubt i will end up taking the recon sla tho, to many aps that i could use for dps and a recon spell should be enough /since im used to playing with 1 cocoon anyways

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #4 - Mar 8th, 2015 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Little update, ait was tested on mother forums how they stacked.
I did a simple test with iconic heroes but a reader was interested and tested it on a epic character, it seemed that debuffs dont stack additive for 25% but multiplicative /as i suggested/ for a total of 26+%

So yea, its pretyt much 100% now that this is how you build sorcs if you want dps.
Kinda sad that pure sorc is horrible compared to this

IP Logged

Lehane
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Mar 8th, 2015 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
hmmm, might give this a try. what did you take as your secondary, air or earth?
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2015 at 9:52pm by Lehane »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #6 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 2:31am
Print Post  
Lehane wrote on Mar 8th, 2015 at 9:46pm:
hmmm, might give this a try. what did you take as your secondary, air or earth?

Air fire for maximum current dps setup, you stack vulner woth air, while you stack imollation as fire.
Since imollation is more potent dps wise, take monk fire debuffer.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
If you're not getting the recon SLA (and thus not putting any AP into the racial tree, I assume), what advantage does BF have over good ol' regular WF? Was thinking of TRing an alt into something like this, but don't really feel like spending TP on a +1 Heart.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #8 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
WeHaveLived wrote on Mar 9th, 2015 at 4:23pm:
If you're not getting the recon SLA (and thus not putting any AP into the racial tree, I assume), what advantage does BF have over good ol' regular WF? 

Slightly better CHA?

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
That's true enough.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #10 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Mar 9th, 2015 at 4:29pm:
Slightly better CHA?

What he said, since i plan to be a full dc specd caster again.
Like fts in ee mark etc stuff.
Also, not really important, but you get the prr when hit and a bit of slashing resist so uhm.. Still slightly better then wf.
But it should very well work on wf

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #11 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 1:00am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Mar 9th, 2015 at 2:31am:
Air fire for maximum current dps setup, you stack vulner woth air, while you stack imollation as fire.
Since imollation is more potent dps wise, take monk fire debuffer.

Isn't the sorc elemental wekness debuff (whatever it's called) a T5? So you'd have to give up wings to stack sorc fire weakness with monk fire words?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #12 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 3:26am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 10th, 2015 at 1:00am:
Isn't the sorc elemental wekness debuff (wh
atever it's called) a T5? So you'd have to give up wings to stack sorc fire weakness with monk fire words?

Yes it is a t5, but you run in exalted anyways in mark and have wing from there.
For other content it does not really matter.
Thing is, since you alrdy get light spp from fsoul, you can easily run this in exalted.
But il do a fire air build with fire t5 without wings and check how it performs.
Generally you need wings on fleshie sorcs for repositioning in ee since it gives so much survival..

But... recon.. you know what i mean.
You have more spellpower, more damage, more boss damage, a full heal /2 if you really want racial sla.

What you could do for example if you prefer air is to go t5 in air and take elec monk debuff.
As i said wonderful thing is that you can adapt it to your preferd playstyle.
I personally think that imollation is most potent with this, but you could look at eladrins as some sort of imollation and go for air/fire with air debuffer.
Honestly there is alot freedom to choose from.
Option would be for example to go 18 sorc 2 monk and pick 2 debuff strikes since the cd of strike would allow for double weaken. going fire and elec for now and swap to ice elec when we get epic vale.

Its like this, look at 1 monk as a dps benefit and build around whatever savant and playstyle you want.
I personally think for now fire spellpower is best focus since simply its got most damage

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #13 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 4:17am
Print Post  
What kind of energy burst numbers are you seeing with a double debuffed red name and/or helpless trash?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #14 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 8:57am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 10th, 2015 at 4:17am:
What kind of energy burst numbers are you seeing with a double debuffed red name and/or helpless trash?

Havent capped yet, will add screenie once i do.
But its rather slow since im 2 countries away from my normal pc and got a used spare shit pent 2 laptop from coworker.
Capping and playing ddo is hard when the game sends you a warning that you wont be able to play it during install heh.

But il make it during this week.
Took me some while to trade for a heart as well.
Was extremely lucky with trade tho.

So expect during end of weekend a screenie of prolly the giant in tracker trap fully debuffed and stacked with stuff /if he can survive that long that is

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint