Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Bow User? (Read 11243 times)
Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Re: Bow User?
Reply #25 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 1:51pm:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/429975-Sestra-s-Build-Thread

he's also very helpful and will answer posts thoroughly

Thank you Rubbinns.
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2015 at 6:33pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 11:23am:
So, I've never made a REAL bow-user before and I think I might like to try one out. I've made a Bowbarian (not real impressed with it), a thrower (was kinda fun), and a toon who was primarily a melee-type but would switch to a bow when the Manyshot timer was up.

I want to make straight-out a Pinion-using archer.

I'm not super interested in being a monkcher (you can't use 10,000 Stars with bows anymore, right?) either but I guess I could be convinced otherwise I suppose.

Anyway, what would be my primary class for being an almost pure archer? 9 levels of Ranger? 12 levels of Fighter? Something else? If 10K Stars was still usable with Bows, would I take 12 levels of Monk? If not, how many levels of Monk would be sufficient?

Just ranged-curious I suppose.

Fun fact...I've never had a toon whose icon was a Ranger icon. Never was interested in the actual Ranger class before now.

Good luck! it's a real fun play style, you do have to learn to ignore the kill counts and that type of thing, because it's not a meta build. But there are many ways you can impact the game beyond those, so the goal is to be satisfied with what you can do.

Just a thought but since this will be your first you may want to wait until the Ranged power changes come thru. But then again, life is short!

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #27 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Mar 7th, 2015 at 7:26pm:
Good luck! it's a real fun play style, you do have to learn to ignore the kill counts and that type of thing, because it's not a meta build. But there are many ways you can impact the game beyond those, so the goal is to be satisfied with what you can do.

Just a thought but since this will be your first you may want to wait until the Ranged power changes come thru. But then again, life is short!

Yeah, I'm going to at least wait until U25 comes out. Don't want to build something only have it be obsolete in a month or two.
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2015 at 11:02pm by Arkat »  

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #28 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Just curious. Has anyone here or on the Other forums posted a build with this split 14Pal/6Ranger?

The idea is to be an AA in Sacred Defender stance with Divine Crusader as your ED.

You're supposed to take T5 stuff from Deepwood Stalker (Improved Archer's Focus, Heavy Draw and maybe Headshot) and just stay in one place while you swivel around and basically shred things all around you. Obviously no IPS and certain gear would be needed to make this survivable but also with the proper gear and proper enhancement and ED powers selections, you could do a LOT of damage.

I call it the "Turret."

If someone else has posted a build like this, could anybody link me to it?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2015 at 6:52pm by Arkat »  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
I ran a Mechanic/arti/ranger version, prior to the Pally pass. I would take a position and just build focus and pop off human damage as well action boost went stacks got high enough.

Keep in mind that you can switch IPS on and off and not impact your focus stacks to badly, just a question of timing.

I'm getting ready to do another going Pally14/arti4/ft2 human, 3x rng past lives, 3x rogue past lives, 9% doubleshot past live, running thunderforged great crossbow, after building stacks with repeater, using 11 endless fusilade boosts. Also point blank and combat archery for the 8.3[2d8] base weapon damage. Heavy armor and running crusader.
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2015 at 5:35pm by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Mar 13th, 2015 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Oh boy, looks like I will be holding off for a bit, going to wait for that ranged pass as well.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #31 - Mar 13th, 2015 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 6:38pm:
Just curious. Has anyone here or on the Other forums posted a build with this split 14Pal/6Ranger?

I'm currently considering:

Elf: 14/4/2
level 1 Ranger, 2-3 Monk, 4-6 Ranger, 7-20 Paladin

Feats:
01(R): Point Blank Shot
02(M): (M) Precision
03(M): Dodge, (M) Zen Archery
06(R): Adept of Forms
09(P): Manyshot
12(P): Improved Critical: Ranged Weapons
15(P): Improved Precise Shot
18(P): Master of Forms
21(E): Overwhelming Critical
24(E): Combat Archery
26(E): (ED) Holy Strike
27(E): Epic: Epic Damage Reduction
28(E): (ED) Doubleshot

Enhancements will be subject to change depending on how the ranged pass goes, but I think the points per tree will end up the same.
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2015 at 7:57pm by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Mar 23rd, 2015 at 5:33am
Print Post  
Had some wicked fun with a 14pally4arty2ft on Lammannia while waiting for a flight, Celestial Crit parade.

Thank for Odin for Lamma, if not for it I wouldn't be loggin on.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Mar 23rd, 2015 at 6:02am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Mar 23rd, 2015 at 5:33am:
Had some wicked fun with a 14pally4arty2ft on Lammannia while waiting for a flight, Celestial Crit parade.

Thank for Odin for Lamma, if not for it I wouldn't be loggin on.

you are not lying! logged on lama today to see assassin changes. still wont be playing one over a swashbuckler, but hey, it's something. I suppose.. Mechanic changes are not live yet. pity too as now we cannot test new proposed changes.

The 14/4/2 build. Is that elf for aa tree racial? Sun elf int. to damage from harper with fusilade?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #34 - Mar 23rd, 2015 at 6:34am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 23rd, 2015 at 6:02am:
you are not lying! logged on lama today to see assassin changes. still wont be playing one over a swashbuckler, but hey, it's something. I suppose.. Mechanic changes are not live yet. pity too as now we cannot test new proposed changes.

The 14/4/2 build. Is that elf for aa tree racial? Sun elf int. to damage from harper with fusilade?

If it got slaying shot, its good, if it doesnt its bad.

Do same principle for any ranged and you are set for liftoff.
Shuri, repeteater, bow, whatever.

Even thorwing axes as pure barb is fun with slaying sho uhm throw.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Mar 23rd, 2015 at 7:08am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 23rd, 2015 at 6:02am:

Actually human for the damage boost running with Endless, and +4 int during boosts, int. to damage for the win on fusilade indeed sir. 

26pts battle engineer, 35pts harper, 7pts kensai, 4pts sacred def, 8pt human. 

Divine Crusader, twists 1-double rainbow, 2-prism, extra action (LD)

14 Endless fusilades + damage boosts per rest,  29-39% doublesshot, norm damage 265, Crit 11-20 X 3.  crits are 780- upwards biggest one was 5300, but usually crit lands around 1200.... every other shot!  This was a Lamma-made toon, with 3xpast ranger, 3xepic past doubleshot. but otherwise he is not pimped out. Ran with TF greats, mortal fear.

Not a lot of button mashing, mostly just toggling between Archer focus & IPS, bit of jockeying for best IPS spot, heavy armor, okay save, good Disable,

This has me actually looking forward to playing my Mechanic, I just hope they do what they are suggesting.

IP Logged

radonek
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Mar 26th, 2015 at 11:39am
Print Post  
I am by no means a master builder at all. I haven't been playing nearly as long either. I have a max Dex 6 monk/6 ranger/8 fvs elf that I enjoyed playing. I wanted to see if Religious weapons in the warpriest line worked similar to to the kensai weapon specialization line for a fighter.

It seems to work though probably not quite as well. Perhaps in hindsight, I should've went 6 fighter instead of ranger and used the extra feats and gotten everything ranger gives but like I said...I'm pretty knew to the toon building thing and am still learning game mechanics through experimentation and some of the things I read here.

All in all, this build does a good amount of DPS as a furyshotter but I have been reading  the furyshotter days are getting nerfed (probably deservedly so) on update 25. I could crit for over 30k with pin/adrenaline/manyshot/slayer arrow.
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2015 at 11:39am by radonek »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint