Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Looking for help on divine lives (Read 1254 times)
Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Looking for help on divine lives
Mar 12th, 2015 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
So I'm a Cleric and Favoured Soul life away from completionist on one of my characters.  I have very little experience with these classes.

I love Munk's Pastlifenmo build, but I'm just a bit tired of wolf fighting, as I've used it for my last few lives, and I want to get completionist out of the way with my next two lives.  I'm also pretty sick of low level content, so Iconic is pretty much a must-have.  Also I prefer melee combat with this character, as the gear I have favours that.

What I'm thinking:

FvS:
Bladeforged 15 FvS 3 pal 2 Ftr, greatsword melee.
or
PDK 12 Fvs 6 Mnk 2 Ftr, 2WF centered w/longswords/shortswords

Clr:
Sun Elf 15 Clr 3 Pal 2 Mnk, sword and orb SWF. (Does evasion work with orbs?)
or
Sun Elf 16 Clr 2 Mnk 2 Wiz evasion caster

What I have:

-rgr/ftr/pal PL x2, all other PL X1, 1x PDK and BF iconic PL
-all +4 tomes
-Mostly gear for monk lives, lots of longswords, kamas, wraps, pajamas. 
-A lot of caster sticks and other lootgen in the bank
-A maxed out Cannith crafter.
-A couple of the Necro IV shields from past lives (Bijio and Fanion).
-Buying gear isn't a problem, but I'd rather not spend too much on something bound that I'm either going to trash or that's just going to sit in the ASAH for weeks after I'm done with it.

What I don't have/not willing to buy:

XP stones
+X hearts of wood (although I have a few lessers in case I screw up)
Half-Orc  Tongue

I'm usually pretty good at figuring out enhancements and gear that suit my play style as I go, but my almost complete unfamiliarity with these classes leaves me with no baseline from which to work.

My playstyle is not-quite-zerg; I complete quests quickly and efficiently, lots of invis, but I don't tend to red alert myself, and I will do some of the optionals, depending on the quest.  I'll be leveling a few destinies that I haven't spent much time on while working on 20-28, and I don't need to be EE ready, I'm totally cool running EH.

Thanks in advance!

Also, don't make fun of me for using longswords.  This character started as a flavour build a long time ago, because Greensteel katanas look freakin' cool!

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Re: Looking for help on divine lives
Reply #1 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
Straight 20 fvs was a very easy life to me.  Lots of running and bb spamming.  Put on med. Armour and get your different casting sticks out to pew pew, cometfall or necro spell the beasties.  I already had destinies full, but not running in a divine sphere would have only cost 10 or 15% bb dmg if I recall.

Looking forward to some comments on Cleric lives.  Haven't done one on my main toon yet.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #2 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
Some other info:

I almost always solo, I occasionally join guild or channel runs if the mood takes me.

I'm two ranks from 20 now on a Pastlifenmo Wizard, but I'm going to take advantage of the 20% epic xp bonus this weekend, and hopefully cap out a couple of destinies.

I hope to start my new life on Monday or Tuesday.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Divines are strongest in heroic content, where you can shit blade barriers and watch shit die.

In epic when you shit blade barriers you watch shit take a 0.5% of their hp in damage per tick.

If you want epic lives, put heroic completionist on hold for a little bit, and double/triple up on better passive pastlives whilst you do epics.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #4 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
If you are set on the idea, and given your equipment, I'd be looking into heavy armor 2wf builds.

11cleric/6ranger/3paladin
12fvs/5ranger/3paladin

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #5 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
bbs arent that terrible in epics if you build around force spellpower

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint