Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Sustained repeater DPS build. Thoughts? (Read 13799 times)
WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Sustained repeater DPS build. Thoughts?
Apr 7th, 2015 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
So yeah, this a vague idea I'm putting together. The goal is sustained, rather than burst, repeater DPS, since I hear you don't get adrenaline on every bolt from a repeater anyway.

14 pally/5 rogue/1 arti BF, in LD

INT-to-dmg, points mainly in mechanic (t5) and harper. Pretty sure I can live without the recon SLA, but if quests prove me wrong, I can always reset and fit it in. This build should also perform decently/well in other spheres as well, which is useful for me personally, since I haven't gotten all my ETRs yet (I'm slow, I know)

STR 8, DEX 16, CON 14, INT 18, WIS 6, CHA 8. +5 tomes in all stats.

Feats: PBS (1), Rapid Reload (A), Precision (3), PS (6), IC: Ranged (9), Rapid Shot (12), IPS (15), Quicken (18), CA (21), OC (24), Holy Strike (26), Epic Reflexes (27), Doubleshot (28).

Any thoughts? Better ideas?
« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2015 at 11:19pm by WeHaveLived »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Re: Sustained repeater DPS build. Thoughts?
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2015 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
I forget what all t4-t5 mech gives now, but doesn't zeal give 10% dshot? So you could go 15 pally for that, and then maybe 2 artificer as well to pick up runearms. Swap to t5 in harper obviously.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Apr 7th, 2015 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
Isn't Zeal just doublestrike? 'Tis what the wiki says, but I haven't played around with it personally.

The t5s in mechanic give me 10% doubleshot, +3 to-hit and dmg and 10 RP/10% ranged alacrity. Not bad, considering it should all stack with everything else I can throw on. Wouldn't the runearm DPS from 2 arti be really bad? I guess it'd be free, in a sense, but I'd be giving up holy sword or the mechanic t5s to get it, so it's not, really.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #3 - Apr 8th, 2015 at 2:21am
Print Post  
WeHaveLived wrote on Apr 7th, 2015 at 11:17pm:
Isn't Zeal just doublestrike? 'Tis what the wiki says, but I haven't played around with it personally.

The t5s in mechanic give me 10% doubleshot, +3 to-hit and dmg and 10 RP/10% ranged alacrity. Not bad, considering it should all stack with everything else I can throw on. Wouldn't the runearm DPS from 2 arti be really bad? I guess it'd be free, in a sense, but I'd be giving up holy sword or the mechanic t5s to get it, so it's not, really.

Runearm would mainly be for the slot and the imbue damage; Knives Eternal is 2d10 weapon imbue, +10% 10d6 proc, 2 slots and a guard damage proc. If you ever bother to fire it it's 10-54 damage (before the built in 150 impulse and 22% crit chance) but that's just gravy. Don't forget that you can regain 6 RP and get a weapon buff in T5 harper.

10% alacrity is pretty nice though, assuming it stacks with everything.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Apr 8th, 2015 at 4:19am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 8th, 2015 at 2:21am:
Runearm would mainly be for the slot and the imbue damage; Knives Eternal is 2d10 weapon imbue, +10% 10d6 proc, 2 slots and a guard damage proc. If you ever bother to fire it it's 10-54 damage (before the built in 150 impulse and 22% crit chance) but that's just gravy. Don't forget that you can regain 6 RP and get a weapon buff in T5 harper.

10% alacrity is pretty nice though, assuming it stacks with everything.

But...that would require me to run MOD again...20 times...

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #5 - Apr 8th, 2015 at 4:41am
Print Post  
WeHaveLived wrote on Apr 8th, 2015 at 4:19am:
But...that would require me to run MOD again...20 times...

lol,...well the Tor ones are pretty good too.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 9:38am
Print Post  
for the 14 6 or 14 5 1 builds. would have to be human for feats to fit in weapon focus and shot on the run (ranged power). Needs to max doubleshot and alacrity.

Alacrity stacking.
ToD set 10
mech t5 10
needler 20(same as haste not stacking)
haste+haste boost 50

70 on t5 mech fully boosted.

That should be max alacrity unless i missed something. Not including tenser on BAB effect.

Doubleshot stacking.
epic feat 10
3 epic martial lives 9
mech t5 10
epic quiver 9
striker shadow armor 3
(zeal if it works 10)

41 total. not including killer.

I read doubleshot gives a chance on only 1 bolt per volley out of 3. I havent tested this and wiki says something about this not being true since 2014. IDK. I read recently here(thread in this section) that it does limit it to 1/3 bolts per volley.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Talk:Doubleshot

Is there a bolt speed difference in light vs hvy repeaters? Does rapid reload make lighter repeaters fire more bolts than heavy? If they did fire more then light are better choices. Otherwise heavy all the way. I read that light repeaters would fire more on fusilade volleys. Was on old archived ddo threads where light fires 30 on fusilade and heavy was 25. Much lower on non-repeaters. I havent tested and cannot confirm either.

« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2015 at 1:46pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Didn't know Shot on the Run gave ranged power, still working the new changes into my brain. The rest is good info too. Thanks.

IP Logged

SweetKitten
Waterworks Kobold

Meeow

Reply #8 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Some feedback:
don't shoot for max possible Alacrity, it's not worth it. 10% more alacrity gives roughly 1% more bolts fired, once you're high enough.
Zeal does nothing for ranged.
Doubleshot gives way more bolts than the proposed 1/3.
Never noticed a difference between heavy and light repeater, nevertheless Needle is still one of the best weapon choices.
If you go for Killer, pick up Assasin's Trick for sneak damage and fortification reduce.
If you can kill targets with one or two volleys, tab/hardlocking will reduce you dps, since one volley will be often fired at an already dead target. Mouselook targetting for trash.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
SweetKitten wrote on Apr 22nd, 2015 at 10:36am:
Zeal does nothing for ranged.

i see. ty.

don't shoot for max possible Alacrity, it's not worth it. 10% more alacrity gives roughly 1% more bolts fired, once you're high enough.

at what cut off?

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

SweetKitten
Waterworks Kobold

Meeow

Reply #10 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
For Alacrity the mech t5 and a high speed item felt sufficient for me.
I tested only on Lammania, since then the alacrity t5 boost was toned down, could be different on live.

The rapid shot/reload feats are the most important things (more important than BAB).

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
I think the 18 rogue/2 arti split is better.  Slightly better crit profile doesn't make up for the amount of proc damage lost through sneak attack and rune arm.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #12 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 12:28am
Print Post  
If you can kill targets with one or two volleys, tab/hardlocking will reduce you dps, since one volley will be often fired at an already dead target. Mouselook targetting for trash.

The "fix" for the old animation performs like Turbine simply replaced the reload anim. with a copy of the volley anim. That copy did not include a process for target switching/acquisition. Why in the fuck it made sense to copy over it rather than simply cut it out is a different issue entirely.

So yeah, what you said. Repeaters now have a version of twitch, that saves an entire volley fired at nothing (i.e. same as the old reload, only it costs 3 more bolts). It's better now to lift your finger off the fire button/not use autofire. Auto targeting is still fine unless you autofire.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 2:08am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Apr 22nd, 2015 at 4:58pm:
I think the 18 rogue/2 arti split is better.  Slightly better crit profile doesn't make up for the amount of proc damage lost through sneak attack and rune arm.

possibly. Sustained dps would put the 18 rogue ahead due to alacrity, int to damage, 10 ds, and like 14 d6 sneak that scales.

i considered giving up t5 mech entirely.

The loss of 10 doubleshot and 10 alacrity for a split of 14pal/4art/2rng elf.

Int to hit and damage comes from harper as KtA and ranged power is going to be selected anyway. This allows to omit 6 art for ins dmg spell or 6 mech for int dmg core. More ranged power from room to select more feats due to build getting 2 arty and 2 ranger granted feats( bow str is meh, but it can access manyshot by taking the feat and still getting int to hit and damage on bows).

Can fusilade. Can swap to AA slayer for burst needs in non-general questing. For that set up the build wont be in harper but think of it as artillery unit with huge burst potential. Lower burst than monkchers, but higher than throwers(vs red names). Lower against trash than the 18/2 and thrower builds. But I feel the burst potential may be well worth it. It's not like it goes limp once fusilade and manyshot are on cooldown. There is always Slayer and adrenaline to keep up dps or clear any immediate threats.

Superior healing ability in higher hamp, cmw and LoH. Better all around saves. Slightly higher HP. Heavy Armor prof. Can swap to light if need arises to make use of evasion. Will need to test on lama soon, i do hope it goes up fast.   

« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2015 at 2:10am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #14 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 2:08am:
possibly. Sustained dps would put the 18 rogue ahead due to alacrity, int to damage, 10 ds, and like 14 d6 sneak that scales.

i considered giving up t5 mech entirely.

The loss of 10 doubleshot and 10 alacrity for a split of 14pal/4art/2rng elf.

Int to hit and damage comes from harper as KtA and ranged power is going to be selected anyway. This allows to omit 6 art for ins dmg spell or 6 mech for int dmg core. More ranged power from room to select more feats due to build getting 2 arty and 2 ranger granted feats( bow str is meh, but it can access manyshot by taking the feat and still getting int to hit and damage on bows).

Can fusilade. Can swap to AA slayer for burst needs in non-general questing. For that set up the build wont be in harper but think of it as artillery unit with huge burst potential. Lower burst than monkchers, but higher than throwers(vs red names). Lower against trash than the 18/2 and thrower builds. But I feel the burst potential may be well worth it. It's not like it goes limp once fusilade and manyshot are on cooldown. There is always Slayer and adrenaline to keep up dps or clear any immediate threats.

Superior healing ability in higher hamp, cmw and LoH. Better all around saves. Slightly higher HP. Heavy Armor prof. Can swap to light if need arises to make use of evasion. Will need to test on lama soon, i do hope it goes up fast.   

Well, shit, what about kensei? 8 Fighter/6 Ranger/6 Artificer. Loses crit multiplier and general pally-ness. Keeps fusillade and manyshot. Gets Sniper Shot, Killer, a couple of kensei special attacks, and some +2's to ranged power from fighter feats. Could go human and pick up a feat and damage boost. Has to pick between Killer/Insightful Damage or KtA.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
gibbon wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 5:31pm:
Well, shit, what about kensei? 8 Fighter/6 Ranger/6 Artificer. Loses crit multiplier and general pally-ness. Keeps fusillade and manyshot. Gets Sniper Shot, Killer, a couple of kensei special attacks, and some +2's to ranged power from fighter feats. Could go human and pick up a feat and damage boost. Has to pick between Killer/Insightful Damage or KtA.

I don't think endless fusillade is worth getting.  Previous numbers were 30 shots in 6 seconds, which is ~70% boost over 6 seconds and has a cooldown of 30 seconds.  Over 30 seconds, it's averaged to a ~15% boost.  It's certainly not worth going all the way to T4 battle engineer, which is just complete garbage otherwise.  Unless you're going to make heavy use of rune arm damage. 

IP Logged

SweetKitten
Waterworks Kobold

Meeow

Reply #16 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Severlin has posted rogue changes.
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/457246-Rogue-Mechanic-%28and-Traps%29-...

the goodies:
Sneak Attack damage now scales with 150% Melee Power or Ranged Power

Lethality - (Removed all old functionality.) While wearing light or cloth armor you gain +1 Insight bonus to critical damage multiplier to any weapon you are wielding

GXbow boosted with additional sneak dice and +2(W)

=> 18 lvl rogue T5 mech will get you a +2(W) GXBow x5 + 8d6 sneak damage  -  or a Needle x5  Cheesy
(if Lethality works with ranged)

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
What about 14 pal/4 ranger/2 arti?  T5 harper + T4 DWS to pick up killer, sniper shot, etc.  T4 mechanic looks relatively weak compared to T4 DWS.

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #18 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 6:38pm:
I don't think endless fusillade is worth getting.  Previous numbers were 30 shots in 6 seconds, which is ~70% boost over 6 seconds and has a cooldown of 30 seconds.  Over 30 seconds, it's averaged to a ~15% boost.  It's certainly not worth going all the way to T4 battle engineer, which is just complete garbage otherwise.  Unless you're going to make heavy use of rune arm damage. 

Hmm... yeah that's underwhelming. Instead of compared to a repeater, is it any more impressive with a Great Xbow that's getting love from Mechanic?

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
SweetKitten wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 6:41pm:
Severlin has posted rogue changes.
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/457246-Rogue-Mechanic-%28and-Traps%29-...

the goodies:
Sneak Attack damage now scales with 150% Melee Power or Ranged Power

Lethality - (Removed all old functionality.) While wearing light or cloth armor you gain +1 Insight bonus to critical damage multiplier to any weapon you are wielding

GXbow boosted with additional sneak dice and +2(W)

=> 18 lvl rogue T5 mech will get you a +2(W) GXBow x5 + 8d6 sneak damage  -  or a Needle x5  Cheesy

Awesome.  Looks like AP will be extremely tight with T5 mechanic and and 31 AP into assassin.  With ~36 into mechanic, 31 into assassin and 8 into KtA, you only have 5 AP left for anything else.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
gibbon wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 5:31pm:
Has to pick between Killer/Insightful Damage or KtA.

you will get insightful dmg as an arty spell at lv 6.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #21 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 12:04am
Print Post  
SweetKitten wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 6:41pm:

Is expert builder not an insight bonus?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #22 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 12:05am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 9:56pm:
you will get insightful dmg as an arty spell at lv 6.

Yeah I didn't finish that thought but I shouldn't have started it in the first place. I was confusing KtA and Strategic Combat for one thing.

For another the AP on a repeater Kensei won't work with Fusillade and Killer.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #23 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 12:12am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 25th, 2015 at 12:04am:
Is expert builder not an insight bonus?

No, it's a Competence bonus.

Lethality is an Insight bonus but it will only work for one handed weapons according to Severance-pay.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #24 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 12:13am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Apr 25th, 2015 at 12:12am:
No, it's a Competence bonus.

Lethality is an Insight bonus but it will only work for one handed weapons according to Severance-pay.

omg severance-pay so much

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint