Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Updated Tinkerhell (12 Arty/6Bard/2Rogue) (Read 19138 times)
harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Re: Updated Tinkerhell (12 Arty/6Bard/2Rogue)
Reply #25 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
It does work actually, it's somewhere between 6.6-7.1% increase. But Tensers, for any non 24 BaB class mix is 11.3ish%. And Four Dex that's hard to get. So, I suppose at best a wash, at worse a slight disadvantage in Mech

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #26 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
If only there was something like a Tensors Transformation scroll.

Even if you don't keep it up all the time, it seems like the best option when you clearly want that extra boost.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #27 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 8:51pm:

Even if you don't keep it up all the time, it seems like the best option when you clearly want that extra boost.

QFT. Giving up a lot just to only have to rebuff every 2 mins instead of every 1.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
Scrolling is so hard though.  Sad

How about 12 wiz/3 monk/5 rogue, with extended tensors and T5 mech?  Of course, you will have to skip 10k stars, but you seem to imply that you can get enough doubleshot where it is worth it to skip it anyway. 

I'm not familiar with how to compare 10k stars compared to doubleshot.  Enlightenment would be appreciated ;x

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
I meant 12 arti, not wiz, anyway doesn't seem to matter much.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #30 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:52pm:
I meant 12 arti, not wiz, anyway doesn't seem to matter much. 

lol that is the Tinkerhell build.

It's what I'm running right now on live. Im working on the set bonus. 10K stars @40 Wisdom is I believe about 30-35% fulltime doubleshot equivalent. I run around perma 43% (10 Mech, 10 EpicDS, 9 PL, 14 Dev. Reaping).

« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:21pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #31 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:23pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 8:51pm:

You're not wrong, it is manageable, and it makes some other builds possible. Personally though, I hate it and I never keep it up when it's scrolls. I'm so busy zerging and killing stuff I always forget to scroll it until the fight is over.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #32 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:47pm:
QFT. Giving up a lot just to only have to rebuff every 2 mins instead of every 1.

Not really giving up anything in the OG tinkerhell build. In the Meteor Shower builds, yes. 12 Arty is fantastic for the thrower build with rune arm DPS, 3 Ranged feats, Haste Armor, and Tensers.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:18pm:
lol that is the Tinkerhell build.

It's what I'm running right now on live. Im working on the set bonus. 10K stars @40 Wisdom is I believe about 30-35% fulltime doubleshot equivalent. I run around perma 43% (10 Mech, 10 EpicDS, 9 PL, 14 Dev. Reaping).

http://i62.tinypic.com/2rzyv0x.png

So which is better, monk split or bard split?  ;x

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #34 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:25pm:
Not really giving up anything in the OG tinkerhell build. In the Meteor Shower builds, yes. 12 Arty is fantastic for the thrower build with rune arm DPS, 3 Ranged feats, Haste Armor, and Tensers.

You said: "It does work actually, it's somewhere between 6.6-7.1% increase. But Tensers, for any non 24 BaB class mix is 11.3ish%. And Four Dex that's hard to get. So, I suppose at best a wash, at worse a slight disadvantage in Mech" ...completely ignoring that you can scroll tenser's and have both increases, because you don't like rebuffing 1 minute earlier.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #35 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:40pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:36pm:
So which is better, monk split or bard split?  ;x

With the set bonus on the monk it's probably a wash, but the bard I think would pull slightly ahead. I haven't done the numbers yet with the set bonus versus without. I'll post it here once I've had the chance.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #36 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:39pm:
You said: "It does work actually, it's somewhere between 6.6-7.1% increase. But Tensers, for any non 24 BaB class mix is 11.3ish%. And Four Dex that's hard to get. So, I suppose at best a wash, at worse a slight disadvantage in Mech" ...completely ignoring that you can scroll tenser's and have both increases, because you don't like rebuffing 1 minute earlier.

I did not ignore it. I hate scrolling Tensers and I think it's a net DPS loss versus 2 minute casting or perma.

But yes, you can always scroll Tensers. Just dont tell me you have it up all the time because that's a filthy lie. The only people I ever see that I group with with Tensers up all the time are casters who self cast or people who take the T5 ability. No one scrolls it all the time, not even the best people I run with who I know have scrolls intend to always keep it up.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #37 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:42pm:
I did not ignore it. I hate scrolling Tensers and I think it's a net DPS loss versus 2 minute casting or perma.

But yes, you can always scroll Tensers. Just dont tell me you have it up all the time because that's a filthy lie. The only people I ever see that I group with with Tensers up all the time are casters who self cast or people who take the T5 ability. No one scrolls it all the time, not even the best people I run with who I know have scrolls intend to always keep it up.

I don't have it up all of the time, but I have it up every time I need it, and it is a net increase because situations where I fire continuously for more than 1 minute are rare.

Nobody sane is going to claim that clicking 3 action boosts per minute in LD is a net DPS loss. 3 clicks for free tenser's is less downtime than action boosting.

Timer management is a learned skill. I used to love extend when I was new to the game. Now I see it for the waste of a feat that it is.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #38 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:56pm:
I don't have it up all of the time, but I have it up every time I need it, and it is a net increase because situations where I fire continuously for more than 1 minute are rare.

Nobody sane is going to claim that clicking 3 action boosts per minute in LD is a net DPS loss. 3 clicks for free tenser's is less downtime than action boosting.

Timer management is a learned skill. I used to love extend when I was new to the game. Now I see it for the waste of a feat that it is.

bro i dont give a fuck what you do.

scroll tensers until the cows come home. I've made it clear why i dont do it, and why I think others shouldnt do it either. But you know what the beauty of this game is? You can play however you like. I think you're full of shit. I'm as fast as anyone at scrolling and healing and clicky'ing and everything else. I'm an excellent player, been doing it for 7 years now. On my other characters that need to scroll tensers? Doesn't happen.

And by the way, fights that last 1 minute are all I do. If you kill fast enough and you're zerging, you are just constantly killing mobs. There is no downtime. EE ToEE is a perfect example. As a thrower in that quest, if I am doing anything other than a throw animation, I'm losing DPS and making it take longer. I even let my HP get really low before I cocoon just to save DPS.

W/E

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #39 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 12:38am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:23pm:
You're not wrong, it is manageable, and it makes some other builds possible. Personally though, I hate it and I never keep it up when it's scrolls. I'm so busy zerging and killing stuff I always forget to scroll it until the fight is over.

I've set up a macro for tensors > KTA > weapon, it's helped make me a better tosser.  Grin

I'm at the point on my thrower where I'm willing to take the hit to dps when tensors isn't up, because well fuck trash it doesn't matter anymore.

I still like runearms and am giving up on 10k stars, but I'm starting to think the optimal burst dps build will swap a few arti levels for more rogue.
« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2015 at 12:40am by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #40 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 5:13am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Apr 21st, 2015 at 12:38am:
I've set up a macro for tensors > KTA > weapon, it's helped make me a better tosser.  Grin

I'm at the point on my thrower where I'm willing to take the hit to dps when tensors isn't up, because well fuck trash it doesn't matter anymore.

I still like runearms and am giving up on 10k stars, but I'm starting to think the optimal burst dps build will swap a few arti levels for more rogue.

Aye did the same in my shuri toss life.
Actually since ddo is so lets say dumb as game and they didnt say macroing is against rules you can actually make a macro for anything.
Boosts, frenzy refresh if barb, hypno crushing masshold if sorc/wizz, twitch combat while haste boosted or non boosted as 2 handed.
Tensors, random clickies.

Not wanting to do that always seemed silly and odd to me tbh.
Its like only reason i never liked harrs builds that cant do a simple thing like a simple macro that gives you so much more dps /:

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #41 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 5:23am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Apr 21st, 2015 at 12:38am:

Aye did the same in my shuri toss life.
Actually since ddo is so lets say dumb as game and they didnt say macroing is against rules you can actually make a macro for anything.
Boosts, frenzy refresh if barb, hypno crushing masshold if sorc/wizz, twitch combat while haste boosted or non boosted as 2 handed.
Tensors, random clickies.

Not wanting to do that always seemed silly and odd to me tbh.
Its like only reason i never liked harrs builds that cant do a simple thing like a simple macro that gives you so much more dps /:

But i guess, everyone to each own

IP Logged

DiePaetus
Korthos Resident

Stay Hard!

Reply #42 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 7:18am
Print Post  
I'm running a modified tinkerhell now with heavy armor with 100 PRR / 72 dex / 46% perm doubelstrike. Its a lot of fun, but seems to me like 12 levels of arti for 2.5 min tensers and bonus feats is too much.  Also 16 points in halfing for dex to damage seems like a waste.  It seems like human/pdk with damage boost on a separate timer and some healing amp for a couple points and the brutal throw feat would be the way to go now.  Then you go STR based since shadow dodge is nerfed now anyhow for 3 dex we'll never get back. That would let me get my 600 lbs ingredients bag out of the damn TR cache before level 9 Smiley. I'm thinking wiz/swash/fighter.

Something like this: 11 Wiz gets you tensers, rage, displace buff bot. Simultaneous haste / damage boost from human / kensei up to 4 min per shrine or swap haste for doubleshot boost in Swash tree.  Swash tree to tier 5 for all the ranged goodness.  Orb or empty offhand to swash.

Level 28 True Neutral Purple Dragon Knight Male
(4 Fighter / 11 Wizard / 5 Bard / 8 Epic)

Tomes Used
+5 Tome of Strength used at level 19
+5 Tome of Dexterity used at level 19
+5 Tome of Constitution used at level 19
+5 Tome of Intelligence used at level 19
+5 Tome of Wisdom used at level 19
+5 Tome of Charisma used at level 19

Level 1 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Brutal Throw
Feat: (Human Bonus) Point Blank Shot
Feat: (Selected) Precise Shot

Level 3 (Bard)
Feat: (Selected) Precision

Level 6 (Bard)
Feat: (Selected) Rapid Shot

Level 7 (Wizard)
Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Mental Toughness

Level 9 (Wizard)
Feat: (Selected) Quick Draw

Level 11 (Wizard)
Feat: (Wizard Bonnus) Extend Spell

Level 12 (Wizard)
Feat: (Selected) Completionist

Level 15 (Wizard)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Thrown Weapons

Level 16 (Wizard)
Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Maximize Spell

Level 18 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Dodge
Feat: (Selected) Empower Healing Spell

Level 20 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Precise Shot

Level 21 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Epic: Overwhelming Critical

Level 24 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Epic: Great Strength

Level 26 (Epic)
Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Holy Strike

Level 27 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Epic: Blinding Speed

Level 28 (Epic)
Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Doubleshot
« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2015 at 12:18pm by DiePaetus »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #43 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
16 Points in Halfling is not a waste. Please tell me where else you will get:

+1 Crit threat range
Dex to Damage with Shurikens
+2 Dexterity
+3 To saving Throws
+2d6 SA dice
+1 Max Dodge

That seems pretty nice for 16 points. How exactly would splitting points between Dex and Strength and taking brutal throw (meaning lower Damage bonus and lower extra missile proc rates) ever be better than just using Dex and maxing it out? I have a very hard time with that argument. Please enlighten me.

You would also be missing both the Shuriken proficiency, and Shuriken expertise, reducing your damage by about a third. There are no throwers in the game that are not shuriken currently that would make that a good decision to pursue.
« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2015 at 5:23pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

DiePaetus
Korthos Resident

Stay Hard!

Reply #44 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
+2 crit range from swash tree.  Go throwing axe 1d6 instead of 1d2 base damage.  Headmans chop from LD for additional crit multiplier on 19-20. You're already losing an extra shuri chance by dumping ninja spy in this build already. 30% damage boost will certainly outpace 2d6 SA dice even in 20 seconds bursts.

harharharhar wrote on Apr 22nd, 2015 at 5:21pm:
16 Points in Halfling is not a waste. Please tell me where else you will get:

+1 Crit threat range
Dex to Damage with Shurikens
+2 Dexterity
+3 To saving Throws
+2d6 SA dice
+1 Max Dodge

That seems pretty nice for 16 points. How exactly would splitting points between Dex and Strength and taking brutal throw (meaning lower Damage bonus and lower extra missile proc rates) ever be better than just using Dex and maxing it out? I have a very hard time with that argument. Please enlighten me.

You would also be missing both the Shuriken proficiency, and Shuriken expertise, reducing your damage by about a third. There are no throwers in the game that are not shuriken currently that would make that a good decision to pursue.

« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2015 at 6:39pm by DiePaetus »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #45 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
DiePaetus wrote on Apr 22nd, 2015 at 6:35pm:
+2 crit range from swash tree.  Go throwing axe 1d6 instead of 1d2 base damage.  Headmans chop from LD for additional crit multiplier on 19-20. You're already losing an extra shuri chance by dumping ninja spy in this build already. 30% damage boost will certainly outpace 2d6 SA dice even in 20 seconds bursts.

You lose 30%-40% of your damage by not using a shuriken and taking expertise.

Axe is still 15-20x3 swashbuckling, just like a shuriken. With Headman's Chop the additional multiplier on 19-20 is not equal to anywhere near the 30% from losing another missile proc. And 30% damage boost comes with LD, that's nothing special, I use it all the time. d2 to d6 is also, mathematically, a very small bump for the huge trade-off throwing only 1-2 axes at a time. 

Mathematically speaking, that build is 30-40% behind on DPS compared to a well-built shuriken build.
« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2015 at 7:07pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Bront
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 7:23am
Print Post  
What do you think about a throwing Swashbuckler with 18+ levels of bard with Victory Song (warchanter level 18 core) for perma full BAB instead of Tenser?

Full bard goodness (Swashie tree up to Coupe de Grace, displacement, healing, high damage Inspire Courage, Reckless Chant for additional 6% Doubleshot).

I could imagine that with shuriken / shuriken expertise for more procs (DEX > CHA),
but also with Nightforge Spike for a crit profile of 11-20/x4 (fully CHA based with 1 swf feat and Smooth Flourishes).

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #47 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Bront wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 7:23am:
What do you think about a throwing Swashbuckler with 18+ levels of bard with Victory Song (warchanter level 18 core) for perma full BAB instead of Tenser?

Full bard goodness (Swashie tree up to Coupe de Grace, displacement, healing, high damage Inspire Courage, Reckless Chant for additional 6% Doubleshot).

I could imagine that with shuriken / shuriken expertise for more procs (DEX > CHA),
but also with Nightforge Spike for a crit profile of 11-20/x4 (fully CHA based with 1 swf feat and Smooth Flourishes).

Nightforge Spike does not proc with shuriken expertise, and while nightforge does have an attractive crit profile, all of the other important procs from TF that it's missing alongwith shuriken expertise puts it pretty far behind, but I'll try to run numbers on it to see.

18 Bard/2x could make a good thrower for sure. I've thought about it, but would rather cast/scroll tensers since the 4 dex is so nice anyway, and the BaB comes along with that

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #48 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 22nd, 2015 at 7:05pm:
Axe is still 15-20x3 swashbuckling, just like a shuriken. 

Throwing axes are supposed to be x4 in swash. Can't confirm myself, but if it's 15-20x3 it should be bug reported.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #49 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 12:27am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 11:55pm:
Throwing axes are supposed to be x4 in swash. Can't confirm myself, but if it's 15-20x3 it should be bug reported.

You are correct, I was mistaken about that. Thank you for the correction.

So let's do the math:

Throwing axe becomes 18-20x4, or 15-20x4 with Imp Crit. So .7*(1)+.3*(4)=1.9 Power * 1.5 (1 Throw + 50% Doubleshot) = 2.85xPhysical Damage

vs.

Shuriken at 15-20x3 = .7*(1)+.3(3) = 1.9 Power * 2.1 (1 Throw + 50% Doubleshot + 60 Dex/Shuriken Expertise) = 3.99

3.99 > 2.85

40% Greater Physical Damage with Shurikens than Hand Axes, theoretically. Not even close. This does not include procs, which are more prevalent on shurikens.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint