Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 12/6/2???? (Read 3548 times)
palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

12/6/2????
Apr 22nd, 2015 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Like I have said in a previous post - i have been out of the game a bit, but I recall a day when 12/6/2 fighter/ranger/monk or rogue build were strong.

I recently pulled up Ron's char creator and went through the enhancement sections using the halfling/tempest/kensai/stalwart lines and thought that this build and what enhancements you can derive from them could still make this type of a build a kickass build.

Of course this is only on paper and everyone seems to be geeking on alternative splash builds so it begs the question(s); do/does anyone still run these types of builds? or are they super gimped now.

Again, with (what is new to me) enhancement lines, they "appear" to have a lot going for them.

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Re: 12/6/2????
Reply #1 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
12/6/2 is still plenty nice. Not so much with same classes as the days of Cletus centered ESOS kensai.

Being centered is less attractive after heavy armor. Pajamas had a good run. Evasion didn't get shit on quite as hard but 2 monk/rogue is not the source of survival it was.

Kensai's T5 competence bonus got shit on by Swashbuckler's Level 3 core.

Ranger, AA slayer arrows are still what they are. T5 Tempest Dance of Death is fucking amazing, although maybe it always was and I just didn't know it. Probably just me late to the party.

One current 12/6/2 is Bard/Fighter/Rogue. http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1425138442

To splash or no right now? Pally, Bard, and Barb all got passes that left pure builds anywhere from viable to kickass.  Rogue not so much IMO. Pally and Bard play really well with multiple break points on splashes. IDK what you'd gain splashing with Barb that would make it more attractive than pure. Rage still doesn't play well with others and the best enhancements scale with Barb level.

Shiradi casters can go Fvs/Wiz/xxx. Fuck I did that like 4 lives ago I can't remember if it was 12/6/2 or 12/5/3. 11/6/3? IDK. Basically enough to get max number of MM and CM through things that will bump your Wiz caster level. Secure's thread on the motherboard has one. IDK what else you would start deep splashes on a caster for.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #2 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
palmer01 wrote on Apr 22nd, 2015 at 2:18pm:
I recently pulled up Ron's char creator

I think Ron's character editor is great, but be advised that it's stagnated. 

The most recent version is only current as of update 23, and no longer works for in-game versions of Barbarian, Paladin, or Rogue enhancement lines.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #3 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Thank you Gibbon for the response.

I never ran centered with my splash monk anyway, i just wanted the evasion and feats from monk to help me with the build.

Looking and tinkering with the enhancement lines offered, IMO looks like you can really twink out damage and to-hit along with decent ac using the tempest/kensai/stalwart line and even some of the halfling line - since that is the route im headed toward in respec my old char.

Just curious if its something to avoid now, but from what you stated, it sounds like still a viable build.

thanks again

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #4 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Apr 22nd, 2015 at 4:46pm:
The most recent version is only current as of update 23, and no longer works for in-game versions of Barbarian, Paladin, or Rogue enhancement lines.

noted, thank you.

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #5 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
I have a question. Does the "Critical Accuracy" & Critical damage line from Tempest & Kensai stack with one another?

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
palmer01 wrote on Apr 22nd, 2015 at 2:18pm:
Like I have said in a previous post - i have been out of the game a bit, but I recall a day when 12/6/2 fighter/ranger/monk or rogue build were strong.

I recently pulled up Ron's char creator and went through the enhancement sections using the halfling/tempest/kensai/stalwart lines and thought that this build and what enhancements you can derive from them could still make this type of a build a kickass build.

Of course this is only on paper and everyone seems to be geeking on alternative splash builds so it begs the question(s); do/does anyone still run these types of builds? or are they super gimped now.

Again, with (what is new to me) enhancement lines, they "appear" to have a lot going for them.

Check out elisdee's character planner.  It's up to date. 

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/455712-Character-Builder-Lite-%28in-de...

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
gibbon wrote on Apr 22nd, 2015 at 4:37pm:
Kensai's T5 competence bonus got shit on by Swashbuckler's Level 3 core.

This, and Kensi requires Weapon Group Specialization (Tier 3), Greater Weapon Focus with at least one weapon type of your Focus group. This requires Fighter level 8.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the razor wire fence.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint