Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic what quests do you guys hit every day for exp/icon (Read 18920 times)
Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

what quests do you guys hit every day for exp/icon
Apr 27th, 2015 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
In the post 20 level range, if you run solo, what quests are on your daily hit list just to grab some quick exp?

If theres a trick involved or a needed invi pot or something, please indicate.

Thanks

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Re: what quests do you guys hit every day for exp/icon
Reply #1 - Apr 27th, 2015 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
My personal favorites are:

Lords of dust, quick fast and easy. My gimpy wiz/rog q-staff blitzer can just crush it out, and still land the mass holds.

Von 1, only two fights really. I just invis run to the drow chick get the password, then invis run to the key, run to ready room 1 and go ape shit, hit the shrine and proceed to the giant end fight.

Von 2, another easy invis zerg quest. If you have a reliable way to monk jump you can skip the spiders by jumping around the edge of the platform where the giant is to the right, then monk jump acroos to the memnos blossom.

Von 3, because solo you can keep that blitz up the whole time and get a fair amount of xp from the optionals.

Snitch is a nice quick run as well.

I am not so sure how good the XP is on all of these combined, but I like how fun and quick they are. I am usually just on the hunt for seeds anyway.

I am also a big fan of Sschindylryn, but that is mostly just the explorer zone because I really enjoy the music and dark colors.
« Last Edit: Apr 27th, 2015 at 2:25pm by Who Cares »  

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #2 - Apr 28th, 2015 at 12:06am
Print Post  
I generally run these daily when getting epic XP:

VoN 2- Fast, easy, and a few chests for junk to sell.  Learn all the jump points to get around some of the obstacles.
VoN 3- Easiest XP in the game.  Many possible high-xp optionals, easy to hit kill/breakable bonuses.  Many chests.
Lords of Dust- Great quest for zerg practice.
Impossible Demands- 10k xp per minute, even if you're not that great at it.
Unquiet Graves- DDoor helps, but isn't necessary
Rusted Blades- see Unquiet Graves
Wizard King- Many high xp optionals; again, ddoor speeds it up a bit, invis is your friend.  Has a very high kill number (80ish?) to still get discreet bonus.
Trial By Fire- Learn the path and zerg away.  Haste and narrow doors keep you ahead of most of the trash.

If memory serves, that nets around half a mil xp with daily bonus, epic tome, 20% pot, 5% ship and 5% master's voice, by my quick math, and takes around two hours without running too hard and selling after each quest.

I've recently started running Spies in the House, and it has insane base XP and super-easy optionals.  I usually avoided this quest because I'm not a fan of air jets and crap like that, but once you learn it, it's pretty simple.  There is a good video walkthrough linked on the wiki.

I occasionally throw in a few other GH or Demonweb quests to mix it up a bit, but that's usually what takes me through the bulk of 20-28 and back again.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 2:27am
Print Post  
I'm a huge fan of EH Vol.. if you have even mediocre PRR you should be able to tear it a new one fairly easy every morning, getting about 60k each time.. more with boosts.. 10 minutes work, kind of tuff to say 'no' to   Wink
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2015 at 2:28am by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #4 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 3:04am
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Apr 29th, 2015 at 2:27am:
I'm a huge fan of EH Vol.. if you have even mediocre PRR you should be able to tear it a new one fairly easy every morning, getting about 60k each time.. more with boosts.. 10 minutes work, kind of tuff to say 'no' to   Wink

As of about a month ago, I confirmed that something I noticed long ago still functions. If you are in vampire form, most of the shadows just tend to ignore you. I guess they think you are just another vampire.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #5 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 4:48am
Print Post  
If I don't have EE saga to prepare, I try to do every day :
Spies, Mirror, Tracker Trap, Legend of Tobias, WGU.
If time for more, then Necro 4 or Von 3,4, Thorn and Paw, Demonweb.
But Spies, Mirror and Legend of Tobias are top three xp/min.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #6 - May 1st, 2015 at 2:43am
Print Post  
Spies every day. Easy 10k/minute once you learn it. Bring FF, jump, Cannith boots, invis, and fom/slip immunity if you're not a trapper.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Puppies
Waterworks Kobold

"Sua Sponte" "De Oppresso
Liber"

Reply #7 - May 1st, 2015 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
If I am picking up fast zergy dailys then I run them at EN/EH depending on who I am bringing.

VoN3 - Nothing much to it, casual run that stupid troll shit and zerg away. High exp easy opts, guaranteed at least ransack/onslaught for smashing on all the barrels. If you got shit will saves or don't have a deathblock/deathward item and can't use scrolls bring a hire that has (greater) restoration for those pesky neg lvls from the Beholders. Fairly straight through...you can get at least the Neutralization bonus if you can do traps.

LOD - just a bunch of squishy humans, doggys, kitties and shit - zerg it, smash their fucking book cases. Nothing much to that one, the traps are weaksauce so if you can trap don't worry. It's bush league.

Trial By Fire - Another fast zerger, just asshole humans and kitties. Nothing much to that one it's too linear.

Fleshmakers - You can run through most of the shit w/ invis and repop it to hit levers. The electric motes get REALLY fucking annoying. I skip the key in the beginning and just Cowbell/Hire the locked door down the shaft after you climb out the chopper water. That Renard's Hat from Amrath helps if you don't have the Epic Ring of Unknown Origins/Evasion against the air eles...but you can hit all of the runes with just haste.

Vol - a fuckload of squishy humans and some quells/wheeps. Easy pattern to follow in there, pretty linear too. Easy as hell opts...if you can detect/unlock doors the Marut opt aint too hard and takes all of 30 seconds. End battle is weak too. Just be prepared to loot like 1000 Epic Locus of Vol's

POP - just bring a hire to hit the doors for you and port them in if you get beat up too bad. Just a lot of running, bring your proper resists/deathward/heals - we've all been through it

And of course Epic Orchard, Thunderholme and GH slayers are easy XP.

Other popular ones are Spies and WizKing but I don't know them well enough and am too lazy.

"The Quieter you Become - the More you are able to Hear"

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #8 - May 1st, 2015 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
Wiz King is easily the best xp/min in the game if you can find 2 other invis zergers and each solo a tower.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - May 7th, 2015 at 12:36am
Print Post  
Im trying to work these in - please keep in mind I do not know these quests and using invis to bypass mobs is new to me, so if you could explain in a bit more detail what you do, that would rock.

I am seeing my exp per day rise as I make use of these suggestions, so ty all.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #10 - May 7th, 2015 at 2:08am
Print Post  
Fail wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 12:36am:
Im trying to work these in - please keep in mind I do not know these quests and using invis to bypass mobs is new to me, so if you could explain in a bit more detail what you do, that would rock.

I am seeing my exp per day rise as I make use of these suggestions, so ty all.

If you have a stack of invis scrolls or are able to cast it, then all you need to actually kill in WizKing are the mobs in the entrance room, eternal gatekeepers, and bosses. So an invis zerger will re cast invis after each door/lever/gatekeeper and just sprint to the end.

Youtube was really handy when I was figuring out Spies in the House.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #11 - May 7th, 2015 at 2:45am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 2:08am:
Youtube was really handy when I was figuring out Spies in the House.

Yeah, spyderwolf's video walkthrough is the only way I could figure out where to go.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #12 - May 7th, 2015 at 8:55am
Print Post  
I agree on videos. You can read 258 threads but it's either to play with people better than you or watch videos if you wanna learn anything.
Mrcow or Spyderwolf. Or current "speedruns".

Since I care here's  Mirror and 2 toed Tobias vid.
Add one or two minutes while levelling.
Mirror is much faster with 2 people and dimension door. Obviously get EE done first. Whelon and Stormhorns are 10k+/min in average.

« Last Edit: May 7th, 2015 at 4:15pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - May 10th, 2015 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on May 1st, 2015 at 10:30pm:
Wiz King is easily the best xp/min in the game if you can find 2 other invis zergers and each solo a tower.

Also a really fun quest. Falling through floors and getting lost then becoming trapped in hallways with the ambush spawns. Huge dungeon gives a pnp feel. seals for the mini-bosses to bypass them. Hidden chests all over. wish more quests were designed this well.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #14 - May 10th, 2015 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 10th, 2015 at 6:25pm:
wish more quests were designed this well.

QFT. Randomized too.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

SmokeMonster
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - May 14th, 2015 at 10:55am
Print Post  
A guildy of mine runs CR30 challenges and gets 5 stars everytime and averages about 150k xp every 10mins, or so he says. could try that if your uber enough
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2015 at 10:56am by SmokeMonster »  

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #16 - May 14th, 2015 at 11:32am
Print Post  
6 star ES challenges are ~ 1.2 mill in 70 mins with 1st time bonus and 50% pot. Around level 24- 25.
Always do those once per life but repeats are not worth it unless you need mats.
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2015 at 1:51pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - May 14th, 2015 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on May 10th, 2015 at 9:59pm:
Randomized too.

took me so long to realize why and how the floors in the hallways leading to the towers would collapse. Wasn't until guildie told me that either passing over with more than one person or passing them going south. South! There are also the death hex wraiths that randomly spawn in epic hard only. and the trap and breakables bonus, dont think i have ever gotten those maxed.
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2015 at 5:29pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #18 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 5:28pm:
took me so long to realize why and how the floors in the hallways leading to the towers would collapse. Wasn't until guildie told me that either passing over with more than one person or passing them going south. South! There are also the death hex wraiths that randomly spawn in epic hard only. and the trap and breakables bonus, dont think i have ever gotten those maxed.

That's one weird thing about Wiz King. There are TWO metric tons of breakables. I've never gotten the bonus, and i've tried. I don't even think I got to Vandal let alone ransack.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #19 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Wiz King is great xp/min even solo, I think. Occasionally I'll get Raiyum first and just rc out but three towers is quick enough on your own too. Once you get your three paths up each tower worked out, your basement navigation sorted and invis past everything (except to clear Orange DA or pull levers / kill essential mobs as above) it's super fast. Also never get tired of it, for some reason. Maybe it's all the good points above about the skill in quest design. I wonder whose it was...

Anyway, yes I have limited time so I usually do VON3 & WK as I never tire of the maps/quests, which is more important to me than a few k more xp/min.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #20 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
You should never recall out of wiz king just because raiyum is first. If he is first, you complete because if you ran the first tower correctly, you should have around 44 or less kills - which gets you the bonus - whatever it is called for not killing so much. Then you complete the other 2 towers.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #21 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Jul 14th, 2015 at 1:20pm:
That's one weird thing about Wiz King. There are TWO metric tons of breakables. I've never gotten the bonus, and i've tried. I don't even think I got to Vandal let alone ransack.

The funny thing about the breakables bonus is that it looks at the entire map, even if the quest doesn't utilize the entire map.

So in WizKing there are like 3 spots in each tower where the floor can break and dump you into a room below with sarcophagi...but IIRC, only one of them in each tower will actually break in a given instance. Six rooms times 6 sarcophagi equals 36 inaccessible breakables per instance.

Some quests require you to get 100% of the breakables for ransack...

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #22 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jul 14th, 2015 at 11:10pm:
The funny thing about the breakables bonus is that it looks at the entire map, even if the quest doesn't utilize the entire map.

So in WizKing there are like 3 spots in each tower where the floor can break and dump you into a room below with sarcophagi...but IIRC, only one of them in each tower will actually break in a given instance. Six rooms times 6 sarcophagi equals 36 inaccessible breakables per instance.

Some quests require you to get 100% of the breakables for ransack...

You can understand them missing that, but it should be a relatively easy fix for the devs to recalibrate the breakable bonus thresholds?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #23 - Jul 15th, 2015 at 1:46am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jul 14th, 2015 at 11:44pm:
You can understand them missing that, but it should be a relatively easy fix for the devs to recalibrate the breakable bonus thresholds?

It should be...but someone would need to throw a fit on the shithole forums to get their attention...and while the devs are in there, they would probably give the quest xp the VoN3 treatment, just for making them work.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #24 - Jul 15th, 2015 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jul 14th, 2015 at 9:37pm:
You should never recall out of wiz king just because raiyum is first. If he is first, you complete because if you ran the first tower correctly, you should have around 44 or less kills - which gets you the bonus - whatever it is called for not killing so much. Then you complete the other 2 towers.

Well yes, if you're into xp/min but I am a man of limited time and shortcuts are usually welcome as I said. Once I get that chunk of XP for completion, often the temptation to Alt+F4 and do something else is too great to resist.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint