Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Mechanic - 20% ranged alacrity (Read 2843 times)
Vindicator
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Mechanic - 20% ranged alacrity
Apr 29th, 2015 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
From tier 5 enhancement with great xbow.

It is not showing up in character sheet. Is it really fixed?  Does this stack with speed items?

I haven't had time to test. I remember someone mentioned that alacrity doesn't have much effect, but I'm not sure if this has changed since the "fix".

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Re: Mechanic - 20% ranged alacrity
Reply #1 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
Neither am I.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 11:00pm
Print Post  
It's one of those aggravating ghost buffs, but yes it is working now.

-Turn it off, turn off fletching, shoot 100 bolts

-The turn it on, leave fletching off shoot 100 bolts

-Feel better.

IP Logged

Vindicator
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
Thanks Hag. What about stacking with speed items?

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Apr 30th, 2015 at 12:22am
Print Post  
It works fine with them, plus side of the Ghost aspect.

Be warned that only the largest listing speed bonus will be in effect,

Stacked ghosts effects, like whirling wrists and the reloader alacrity are not stacking as best as I can conclude.

Honestly throwing weapons are a lost cause on the mechanic tree right now, no SA, no [w], etc... Don't even know why they included them at this point.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #5 - Apr 30th, 2015 at 12:36am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Apr 30th, 2015 at 12:22am:
It works fine with them, plus side of the Ghost aspect.

Be warned that only the largest listing speed bonus will be in effect,

Stacked ghosts effects, like whirling wrists and the reloader alacrity are not stacking as best as I can conclude.

Honestly throwing weapons are a lost cause on the mechanic tree right now, no SA, no [w], etc... Don't even know why they included them at this point.

Um, no.

Tested throwing speed, real world 7.3% difference in  throwing speed. It's a listed 10% which is exactly in line with throwing animation being two part and thus only getting ~70% bonus of listed speed increase. My ranged power is appropriately high and showing on the character sheet from Fletching and from Mechanical Reloader.

I don't take Sniper because I can get 2 SA dice in Halfling for 2AP so it's a waste. But it was working when I had it trained before.

Whirling Wrists absolutely stacks as it always has. I just retwisted it. The only way any of what you're saying can be right is if all of this broke with todays patch, and my character sheet is lying, and without haste or tensers my throwing speed is incredibly high, with whirling wrists twisted but not working.

What the hell are you smoking?
« Last Edit: Apr 30th, 2015 at 12:40am by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Apr 30th, 2015 at 3:37am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 30th, 2015 at 12:36am:
Um, no.

Tested throwing speed, real world 7.3% difference in  throwing speed. It's a listed 10% which is exactly in line with throwing animation being two part and thus only getting ~70% bonus of listed speed increase. My ranged power is appropriately high and showing on the character sheet from Fletching and from Mechanical Reloader.

Ranged power? try to stick with the point junior, we were talking about ranged alacrity and whether it works even when not seen on the character sheet.  Not ranged power dummy.

I don't take Sniper because I can get 2 SA dice in Halfling for 2AP so it's a waste. But it was working when I had it trained before.

2 SA? Well yippee, too bad you're losing SA dice by using throwing weapons on mechanic. Sharpshooter tier 1-5 (5 dice) but only for non-repeating crossbows. Well at least you have furry feet.

Whirling Wrists absolutely stacks as it always has. I just retwisted it. The only way any of what you're saying can be right is if all of this broke with todays patch, and my character sheet is lying, and without haste or tensers my throwing speed is incredibly high, with whirling wrists twisted but not working.

Reading fail.

What the hell are you smoking?

So lets see, throwing weapons in the Mechanic tree:

-Only 44% of the potential SA available in the tree actually works for Throwing (4 dice)
-Only half the crit modifier available at just +1
-No +[w] at all as compared to [2] available to crossbows 
-Only 10% alacrity compared to 20%, (or only 7.3% if we accept your theory)

Rational conclusion? throwing weapons are a lost cause in mechanic tree.

So HarHar? try reading the other posts before hopping onto your well worn hobby horse next time.   You like chuckers,we get it, we got it the first 2 dozen times you squealed about how great they are, but in the case of the mechanic tree throwing weapons are decidedly sup-par. Just the fact.
« Last Edit: Apr 30th, 2015 at 3:39am by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint