Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) can you quickly farm backstabber gloves? (Read 17369 times)
Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

can you quickly farm backstabber gloves?
May 7th, 2015 at 12:39am
Print Post  
In doing the quest crucible, I know it used to be an area bots/macros were used to get massive exp ground out but was nerfed.

I am hoping on of you is then intimately familiar with it to be able to tell me if I can solo zerg/farm for the backstabber gloves (none elite as I want basic deception on them, so epic at best).

If so, how would someone who has never set foot in there do so?

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Re: can you quickly farm backstabber gloves?
Reply #1 - May 7th, 2015 at 1:08am
Print Post  
It's a tough solo, as far as I know it requires something to pull levers in the maze (although you may be able to bypass it, I'm not quite sure how) and some jumping skills to get all the rune wheels.

I've soloed just about everything in the game, but I've never tried Crucible.  It is possible, and there are likely videos of it on youtube, but it's not something I can help with.

I think your best bet is doing the GH chain until you get one in the end reward from Cydonie.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #2 - May 7th, 2015 at 1:41am
Print Post  
You can do it with a hire.

Quote:
Solo Notes:

This quest can be soloed with a hireling. If you know how to navigate the maze, have the hireling hold ground at each lever and set them to Passive stance to prevent them from running around and attacking the Windlashers above. Important: Make sure Auto-targeting is disabled or you can easily trap yourself behind the doors! Keep each switch you need to turn selected and order the hireling to turn it. You will have to pick up the crests manually using the mouse. Make sure your final exit path is clear using the map or you will trap yourself in.

The level 11 fighter hireling, Mikayl the Pious, can use Dimension Door twice per rest, giving you more leeway if you make a mistake and get trapped.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #3 - May 7th, 2015 at 1:55am
Print Post  
Fail wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 12:39am:
In doing the quest crucible, I know it used to be an area bots/macros were used to get massive exp ground out but was nerfed.

I am hoping on of you is then intimately familiar with it to be able to tell me if I can solo zerg/farm for the backstabber gloves (none elite as I want basic deception on them, so epic at best).

If so, how would someone who has never set foot in there do so?

You have to complete the quest , so there is no quick way. Soloing it is possible but very frustrating. You'd be best served by just buying them on the auction house as they show up there frequently and cheaply. You can also try farming the madstone-cabal-PoP-tor chain end reward if you have no luck with auctions.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #4 - May 7th, 2015 at 9:38am
Print Post  
I just soloed it (non epic). Need a hire to pull the levers but to answer your question more precisely, you cannot "zerg" this quest because there are too many "tasks" to perform, from the levers in the maze to hopping on top of the maze to spin the wheels timely (i don't use the hire for the wheels) to navigating the underwater portion quickly without dying. Add epic and im sure the traps are nasty or the spikes underwater.

IP Logged

Some Guy Here On The Boards
Ghostbaned

Somewhere on Korthos Island

Reply #5 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 5:24am
Print Post  
It is soloable (with hires/summons) and depending on build/gear/experience, can either be quite easy or quite difficult. Not sure what you mean by "none elite as I want basic deception on them, so epic at best". Epic and Elite are two different categories. Are you saying you want Heroic Normal, Heroic Hard, Epic Normal, or Epic Hard version? Either way, check AH or just ask around on server. Even an EE version, people just give away. Not a very popular item.

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #6 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Easy to solo when you are used to it. Ransacked it on elite many times for the gloves.

Was roughly 15min on EE I think. Much less on EN for sure, maybe around 10min.

Only annoying part is the maze. Hirelings are idiots sometimes and will start running all around the maze when you tell them to use the lever but almost always works eventually. Very rarely they'll teleport out of nowhere back to you then you can end up having to reset the run depending on how the doors are set at that time.

Trap room is easy, if you are fast enough you can get through before all but the last spinning blade starts moving which might or might not hit you once if you walk on the rails. Can be avoided entirely with wings or something similar though.

Book, simple. Either keep opening same door, solve the clues with high wisdom or have shit wisdom and get the solution given to you.

Fight on top of the maze can be difficult depending on your saves. Those divine casters can CC you pretty badly on EE. But should be easy on EN. Wheels there are much easier than most people think. There's seriously no rush to get them done. You probably have a minute or so to do them. More than enough to get all three solo.

Swim can be easy or difficult depending on your movement skills. I can do the whole thing without getting hit once and pushing forward to move at top speed through all of it. If you're not used to it, just let the current push you and more up/down/left/right only, never forward. Makes it much easier to maneuver around the spikes. There's also quite a few safe spots you can stop in and plan your next move. If you stay close to the floor you can hit walls that block you and stay there as long as you want and move up and out of them when ready. Hard to describe where they are but right after the first fan if you stay on the ground in between the spikes you'll hit one of those spots. There's pretty much one of those at every spot that looks the same. Also fans seem to hit far less often if you go through them at the very bottom, hugging the floor.

Then it's just the end fight, don't see how that could be a problem on EN. On EE I would recommend diplo'ing the hobgoblin at the beginning to have him kill the caster, he can be nasty. Safe spots all around the place to shoot from if you are ranged/caster, easy to find.

Invite chest pullers if you can. Gave up after a while myself on getting an EE version, never happened.

Farming the chain reward is a good alternative. You can get almost, if not all, of the EN version of the items out in the explorer quests from it.
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2015 at 3:01pm by Distributed »  

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #7 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 4:26am
Print Post  
Let's get off of solo'ing
just got off soloing your moms

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #8 - Oct 16th, 2015 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
"Easy to solo when you are used to it. Ransacked it on elite many times for the gloves.

Was roughly 15min on EE I think."

you're a lying sack of shit; nice try.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Oct 16th, 2015 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
You pretty much need to dual box it to solo it because of the maze.  I've heard you can use hirelings and/or pets, but it would be extremely frustrating and not worth the pain IMO. 

Personally, I would just go for EN versions with the chain end reward.  The difference between EE and EN is pretty small IMO.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #10 - Oct 17th, 2015 at 4:12am
Print Post  
[] wrote on Oct 16th, 2015 at 10:57pm:
you're a lying sack of shit; nice try.

You've obviously never run with him.

I'm fairly certain I know who you are, but I can't even remember your character name.   And I'm GOOD with screennames.  That's how important you are.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #11 - Oct 17th, 2015 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
15 mins?  listen you fucking stupid inbred half-nigger: lets say he can solo the end fight in 5 mins?  that's 3-4 red name bosses solo dps-ing in 5 fucking mins (impossible, neither here nor there).  so hes' doing the maze, grabbing the horn, and FINDING THE FUCKING BOOK IN 10 MINS?!  he's also synching all 3 wheels, and getting past the hallway bells?  IN !10 MINS?!  that's 2 mins per task, coon.

i know you're not making sense of this becauswe you're eating cock non-stop.  for those of us NOT obsessed with dick, that shit makes NO SENSE!

he said EE.  i solo EE crux in 29 flat, and my shit's down PAT like entering a fucking old-school Konami code into an NES.  bottom line, you're an idiot if you think he can solo that shit on EE in 15; even spamming tornado bottles. 

drink bleach.
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2015 at 11:31pm by [] »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #12 - Oct 17th, 2015 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
2nd best DPS across all servers BTW nigger faggot, the only one better runs a i build i designed, but don't play.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #13 - Oct 18th, 2015 at 12:25am
Print Post  
[] wrote on Oct 17th, 2015 at 11:36pm:
2nd best DPS across all servers BTW nigger faggot, the only one better runs a i build i designed, but don't play.

How do you objectively measure this?
I'm guessing your idea of being humble is claiming to only be 2nd best DPS (but claiming the highest dps build)?   Shocked

I understand the ego required to make this claim, but in a non PvP game, how can you even come close to claiming this?
Don't bother challenging me as I'm not a threat to your ego because I couldn't care less about ePeen comparisons.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #14 - Oct 18th, 2015 at 12:37am
Print Post  
dps is a function of exactly two things: damage OVER time.  that means, you divide the damage you do over time time it took you to do it.  if you need any other assistance in basic arithmetic, please ask, and drink bleach.

no, there is no humility: the only higher DPS than me was a build i specifically designed to out-do mine strictly based on DPS ability, but much lower survivability....which is why i don't run it.

nigger faggot.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #15 - Oct 18th, 2015 at 12:59am
Print Post  
actually dropbear, i apologize for calling you a nigger faggot: though i suspect you may be one or the other, i have nothing to suggest you are (indeed) both.  i know exactly what you're thinking: "i love cock, and how does he KNOW someone isn't doing one (1) point of damage higher than him?"

lemme splain: i was so far beyond the pale i am relatively certain i am solely responsible for the nerfs, not just to AA, but to ranged combat in general.  what i can't stand is tthe punishment for building a better mousetrap.  don't they want to ENCOURAGE that instead of stomping it out like a cigarette but your black ass would pick up off the street and try to re-light?
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2015 at 1:00am by [] »  

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #16 - Oct 18th, 2015 at 1:22am
Print Post  
[] wrote on Oct 18th, 2015 at 12:37am:
dps is a function of exactly two things: damage OVER time.  that means, you divide the damage you do over time time it took you to do it.  if you need any other assistance in basic arithmetic, please ask,

We're on the same page to this point.
The next step is the ranking which requires a comparison.
In order to claim to be the best, would require that your toon and performance are better than every other player in the game.
It's an easy claim to make but nigh on impossible to prove/validate.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #17 - Oct 18th, 2015 at 1:30am
Print Post  
look, man (toke the finest of reefers) DPS is like, a state of mind, man; and like, you're so, like far removed from it, you couldn't, like, handle the knowledge, man.  you mind is (*COUGHS*) like so far from it already, you're totally closed off to that part of your consciousness, man.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #18 - Oct 18th, 2015 at 4:06am
Print Post  
[] wrote on Oct 18th, 2015 at 1:30am:
look, man (toke the finest of reefers) DPS is like, a state of mind, man; and like, you're so, like far removed from it, you couldn't, like, handle the knowledge, man.  you mind is (*COUGHS*) like so far from it already, you're totally closed off to that part of your consciousness, man.

Yup, thought so.....

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #19 - Oct 18th, 2015 at 4:10am
Print Post  
don't take my word for it, log in to any server and ask around; see what name keeps popping up in the "sicker than thou DPS" category.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #20 - Oct 18th, 2015 at 4:22am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Oct 18th, 2015 at 12:25am:
How do you objectively measure this?

By ignoring all contrary information.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #21 - Oct 18th, 2015 at 4:26am
Print Post  
srsly, log in and ask.  ppl who started playing last thursday don't count.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #22 - Oct 18th, 2015 at 4:29am
Print Post  
Just in general chat, or like, /a?

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #23 - Oct 18th, 2015 at 4:51am
Print Post  
:/

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #24 - Oct 18th, 2015 at 4:57am
Print Post  
"lkn for sick dips brah who haz it?"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint