Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Crit multipliers thrown weapons (Read 13413 times)
harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Re: Crit multipliers thrown weapons
Reply #25 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 1:16am
Print Post  
It all fine. You contribute nothing and are obnoxious.

I make lots of builds people like to play, understand the game, and provide information in the form of tests and screenshots.

Anyone who reads this thread can pretty easily see for themselves what an idiot you are. And when you're caught out being an idiot, you try to make up some distraction to make people not notice that you were wrong and an idiot.

Just test it yourself, and post your evidence that I'm wrong. Throw some missiles at mobs and watch you combat log. With and without Expert Builder, and with and without Lethality.

You will see you are wrong and I am right.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 1:23am
Print Post  
Little late for the "it's all fine" high road routine Harhar,

Next time try it before you have a meltdown, ha ha ha... or should I say Har har har?

People used to use your builds... now? not if they want to use the current game.

I do enjoy your failed attempt at accusing me of trying to distract, when it was you who started out with your cloth armor boner and it was all tap-dancing from then on out from you.

I was the one who pointed out the simple and quick test to show up your little game, and anyone who uses it will see you're old news, and out of touch.

I knew that you liked the cache of being a "builder" gave you, but I didn't realize until tonight just how crazy you were for it, this latest Lethality screwup and meltdown of yours has been the highlight of my weekend, so thanks for that.

I look forward to your next bone-headed uninformed mistake.
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2015 at 1:25am by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #27 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 2:00am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 12:19am:
Hate to say it, but people would do much better to follow Munk and Five foot if they want build advice these days, rather than some has-been asshat like you who can't be bothered to know the current live game rules and mechanics when "building".

I'm not bothering to keep up with stuff anymore.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 2:47am
Print Post  
Harhar, Hag?

You're both wrong.

-lev 27 pure rogue,
-light armor
-no other gear
-mundane returning weapons (deconstructed via cannith)
-12 points in harper for intelligence damage (highest stat)
-no overwhelming crit feat
-test for each state; no points in damage increase.
-average of 10 sets of 100 normal hits
-average of 10 sets of 100 confirmed critical results
-all test on training dummy
-training dummy never "beaten down", allowed to regen when to close to zero.

In each "state" only 31 points are spent in tree to reach the core 18 of lethality or expert builder are put into non-damage abilities. And 12 points in Harper for Int. Dam.

using throwing dagger:

Only Harper int. dam
Average hit-  48
Average crit- 143

Expert builder and Harper int. dam
Average hit-  49
Average crit- 144

Lethality and Harper int. dam
Average hit-  48
Average crit- 145

Using Throwing axe:

Only Harper int. Dam
Average hit-  53
Average crit- 231

Expert builder and Harper int. Dam
Average hit-  53
Average crit- 232

Lethality and Harper int. Dam
Average hit-  54
Average crit- 230

*edit, Cannith decon clarification
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:11am by »  

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 3:12am
Print Post  
Nice one Forest!

I don't think either of those two pushy drama-queens will be in a rush to thank you for your hard work and thoroughness, so let me be the first.

Now run forest! run!

Hurry!! those monster egos will be back any moment to yell and bitch at you and make excuses.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:09am
Print Post  
Quote:
Harhar, Hag?

You're both Fucking Dorks.

~Seriously impressive stuff~

FTFY

Forest, you are as right as you are polite. 

After producing this kinda break-down for the crit multipliers showing the both myself and Harhar were so fucking far off you could have been justified in using much stronger terms than "wrong".

It's really top work Forest, and that is a hell of a lot of testing, was this one of those "work-shopped" testing sessions you and your mates do ?

Now, I yield the field to you Forest, 

I'm off to re-think some toons.

Thanks

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:26am
Print Post  
Thanks Hags, It takes a big person to own up to it like this.

I didn't see any need for harsher language, everyone gets it wrong sometime. Besides, the last thing I wanted was to get into a pissing contest on the "interwebs" I have a 15 year old so I see way to many messages in all caps these days as it is.

Yes the testing was another group project, It's funner that way and we can catch any mistakes peer to peer, while insulting each other over TS.  I wish I had posted the results last week, I think it would have headed off a lot of heat, at least this thread didn't get as bad as that Xbow one.

Until next time,

« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:27am by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #32 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:32am
Print Post  
Forest,

Can you provide a screenshot for any of your testing?

Can you surmise what in my screenshots led to me being mistaken as you have said?

I appreciate that you've put forward this testing, but right now it's just you saying things. There's no actual evidence. When did you do the testing?

Have you tried it not with a Cannith Decon'd item? That's a variable not controlled for. My screenshots show very plainly that Expert Builder did not give my Level 20 Rogue a x3 Crit mulitplier against actual real life mobs in GH, with a combat log.

I welcome other adults who understand this game that test and post their results. The problem is, I have in game screenshots that contradict your resutls. So while I can't say why my results were different than yours, I can say that right now I am not convinced either way. Until we have replicate-able results one way or the other, this is not science.

So,

Please post your screenshots. I don't like using the dummy since it has Fortification, try on a mob in game for certainty. And try not using a Cannith disjuncted item. When I get home from work, I will try it with a Cannith item and few more throwers.

I appreciate your efforts, but without Screenshots, nothing happens.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #33 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:43am
Print Post  
ALso, if I am to understand correctly, you're saying that your Rogue magically, without Expert Builder or Lethality has a throwing dagger doing x3 Crits in your first stated tests?

How exactly is that possible?

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #34 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:45am
Print Post  
Quote:
Harhar, Hag?

You're both wrong.

-lev 27 pure rogue,
-light armor
-no other gear
-mundane returning weapons (deconstructed via cannith)
-12 points in harper for intelligence damage (highest stat)
-no overwhelming crit feat
-test for each state; no points in damage increase.
-average of 10 sets of 100 normal hits
-average of 10 sets of 100 confirmed critical results
-all test on training dummy
-training dummy never "beaten down", allowed to regen when to close to zero.

In each "state" only 31 points are spent in tree to reach the core 18 of lethality or expert builder are put into non-damage abilities. And 12 points in Harper for Int. Dam.

using throwing dagger:

Only Harper int. dam
Average hit-  48
Average crit- 143

Are you saying Harper Int to damage is bugged to give x3 Crit? My tests did not use any Harper APs. Why is your base x2 Crit Throwing Dagger magically doing x3 Crit damage?

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
First let me say, I have no dog in this fight and no interest in being drawn into drama.

I going to do my best to address you questions/points in order:

1-  Screen shots are mere snippets of a brief instances showing remarkably small combat history, easily cherry-picked or even manipulated. While useful in trying score points in an argument, they are of little utility when it comes to find bench-mark value. We test to find out what is really going on within a state, not to find data to support a desired conclusion, so we had no use for screen shots.   

2-  You believed lethality was providing a X3 multiplier, Hags believed that Expert builder was providing a X3 multiplier, you were both wrong. Neither ability is providing any increase in crit multipliers.

3-  I'm reporting results of a collaborative testing session, not just saying things. Before the testing I didn't care one way or another whether the multiplier buffs were working, afterwards I felt much the same. We wanted to know, so we tested it all and found out. (if both had been working and stacked? that would have got my attention tho).

4-  We have tested with base vendor, base +1, and decond weapons. The decond weapon is the best base test-bed, no variables after deconstruction and readily available.

5-  Screenshots... please see first point.

6-  Mobs are unsuitable for testing, it is impossible to maintain consistent testing variables while using a dynamic target who's properties  can vary from one second to another for reasons outside of the tester's control or knowledge.

7-  Screenshots.. please see first point.

8-  It is not science. It is the application of the scientific method in testing a simulation and it's variables. When we do testing we make a commitment and concerted effort to maintain the same values and conditions throughout each testing series set, for each state tested. It takes quite a lot of effort and patience. We do not pursue a desired outcome (as a group) and no test results are accepted as final unless they can be duplicated by each member. None of this is done in the pursuit of convincing each other of an outcome, it is done to find out the factually supported, discernible conclusion. 

9-  Screenshots.. please see first point.

10-  The fresh/unbroken dummy is the best test bed available to us within the Game for this type of testing and rate of fire testing, nothing else comes close. While the dummy's fortification makes the overall process longer, it rewards us with consistent results. Additional that very rarity of a confirmed critical caused by the fortification makes it's occurrence much more obvious and much easier to track outside of normal hits with the greatest reliability.

11-  Again, tests on Mobs only provide useless data. The conditions of each strike are very unique, so they are not consistent or easily reproduced the hundreds of times an attack must be made in each state to reach a reliable benchmark average.

12-  Weapons.. addressed in point #4

13-  Screenshots.. see point #1

14-  Nothing magical. The confirmed critical damage value of the dagger is result of all the consistent values of a lev 27 rogue (lev, ED, ranged pwr, etc..) being processed and applied to the crit. by the game engine in controlled test conditions . The final resulted value is produced with a consistent  proportional difference to successful non-critical hit values. At these testbed (character)levels, testing with a weapon that has a higher inherent critical multiplier like a returning throwing axe, produces an increase of even larger proportional value than a strict proportional increases of X2 to X3 could be reasonably expected to produce.  Put simply, at level 27 rogue in all three states a weapon X2 multiplier produces a finally critical damage value of just under X3 (2.9), while at level 27 rogue in all three states a weapon  X3 multiplier produces a critical damage value greater than X4 (4.3). As was discernible from our test and in the simple data I provided above, at end game, these damage values are increasingly impacted by the character outside of bought enhancements. Final crit damage values grow at an exponential rate larger in relation to a weapon's real crit multiplier value. But neither lethality or Expert builder have any impact, no matter the state.

15-  No, of course Harper Int to damage isn't bugged in that way. The reason we used Int to damage is much simpler, the ability scores of Dex, Str, Int, on the testbed were of different values, so we used 12 points in the Harper tree to purchase Strategic Combat II to use Intelligence (the highest stat on the testbed) as a consistent stat modifier for weapon damage. This was done so that no matter which trees additional points were or were not spent in, the damage modifier would remain consistently based on intelligence. I am surprised this was not obvious.   

*edited for grammar/sp again...
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2015 at 1:36pm by »  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Quote:
First let me say, I have no dog in this fight and no interest in being drawn into drama.

1-  Screen shots are mere snippets of a brief instances showing remarkably small combat history, easily cherry-picked or even manipulated. While useful in trying score points in an argument, they are of little utility when it comes to find bench-mark value. We test to find out what is really going on within a state, not to find data to support a desired conclusion, so we had no use for screen shots.   

2-  You believed lethality was providing a X3 multiplier, Hags believed that Expert builder was providing a X3 multiplier, you were both wrong. Neither ability is providing any increase in crit multipliers.

3-  I'm reporting results of a collaborative testing session, not just saying things. Before the testing I didn't care one way or another whether the multiplier buffs were working, afterwards I felt much the same. We wanted to know, so we tested it all and found out. (if both had been working and stacked? that would have got my attention tho).

4-  We have tested with base vendor, base +1, and decond weapons. The decond weapon is the best base test-bed, no variables after deconstruction and readily available.

6-  Mobs are unsuitable for testing, it is impossible to maintain consistent testing variables while using a dynamic target who's properties  can vary from one second to another for reasons outside of the tester's control or knowledge.

8-  It is not science. It is the application of the scientific method in testing a simulation and it's variables. When we do testing we make a commitment and concerted effort to maintain the same values and conditions throughout each testing series set, for each state tested. It takes quite a lot of effort and patience. We do not pursue a desired outcome (as a group) and no test results are accepted as final unless they can be duplicated by each member. None of this is done in the pursuit of convincing each other of an outcome, it is done to find out the factually supported, discernible conclusion. 

10-  The fresh/unbroken dummy is the best test bed available to us within the Game for this type of testing and rate of fire testing, nothing else comes close. While the dummy's fortification makes the overall process longer, it rewards us with consistent results. Additional that very rarity of a confirmed critical caused by the fortification makes it's occurrence much more obvious and much easier to track outside of normal hits with the greatest reliability.

11-  Again, tests on Mobs only provide useless data. The conditions of each strike are very unique, so they are not consistent or easily reproduced the hundreds of times an attack must be made in each state to reach a reliable benchmark average.

14-  Nothing magical. The confirmed critical damage value of the dagger is result of all the consistent values of a lev 27 rogue (lev, ED, ranged pwr, etc..) being processed and applied to the crit. by the game engine in controlled test conditions . The final resulted value is produced with a consistent  proportional difference to successful non-critical hit values. At these testbed (character)levels, testing with a weapon that has a higher inherent critical multiplier like a returning throwing axe, produces an increase of even larger proportional value than a strict proportional increases of X2 to X3 could be reasonably expected to produce.  Put simply, at level 27 rogue in all three states a weapon X2 multiplier produces a finally critical damage value of just under X3 (2.9), while at level 27 rogue in all three states a weapon  X3 multiplier produces a critical damage value greater than X4 (4.3). As was discernible from our test and in the simple data I provided above, at end game, these damage values are increasingly impacted by the character outside of bought enhancements. Final crit damage values grow at an exponential rate larger in relation to a weapon's real crit multiplier value. But neither lethality or Expert builder have any impact, no matter the state.

15-  No, of course Harper Int to damage isn't bugged in that way. The reason we used Int to damage is much simpler, the ability scores of Dex, Str, Int, on the testbed were of different values, so we used 12 points in the Harper tree to purchase Strategic Combat II to use Intelligence (the highest stat on the testbed) as a consistent stat modifier for weapon damage. This was done so that no matter which trees additional points were or were not spent in, the damage modifier would remain consistently based on intelligence. I am surprised this was not obvious.   

Whoa....

Did I mention that you were right and I was wrong? because after this concise patient lay-out? it really bears repeating.

That is some bloody brilliant leg-work Gumpy, any chance I can get a invite to you boy's next testing session sometime?
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2015 at 1:47pm by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #37 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:

That's all fine. And honestly, I'm not interested in drama or fighting either. But I am interested in how you tested, and why you think your numbers represent what you think they represent, especially in light of my non-matching results.

But you didn't answer my question: why is your critical damage x3 and not x2? ED Crit damage additions? Seeker? Ranged Power shouldn't be exponential.

You see, I actually don't have a dog in the fight either except that I'm tired of people like Hag who don't trest anything trying to talk about things like they're an authority. I have NO PROBLEM with being wrong. I have a problem with not knowing the in game mechanics of certain abilities, in my quest to make builds. So honestly, the only thing I give any fucks about is how these things are or are not working.

Your tests are certainly more exhaustive than mine, and at this point I'm assuming you are correct. It certainly passes the "sniff" test whereby Turbine has never had critical multipliers working for Throwers. However, my own fast and dirty testing did not indicate that. You have not stated what your Int bonus was, what the damage of your throwing weapons were (though I assume Base) or what your damage bonus was, which I did show in Screenshots. Screenshots aren't just for proof, they provide a consistent historical account of how I tested. Right now, I don't understand why your minimally equipped 27 Rogue does triple damage on a crit. You haven't adequately explained it. I'm assuming you weren't nakjed and wearing a seeker item, and/or some other addition of on crit damage.

As you can see in my screenshots, I was naked doing my tests to eliminate that confusion.

I am going to do more tests myself when I get home, and I assume that you are right, despite your strange numbers that don't really tie out (x3 Physical damage on a critical). But frankly, without explaining where your excess damage on crit is coming from, and your refusal to list possible sources or screenshot your gear and EDs, or just explain to me if I'm just a fucking idiot, makes me a little frustrated.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #38 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:

All I'm asking is: what was it on your carefully curated testbed that created these conditions? I would like to test without those things being present.

Seeker comes from equipment, enhancements, 1 heroic feat I think fighters can take, and LD. Where was yours coming from? If was any of these sources, dont you think your testing would have been more valid without them clouding up the results?
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2015 at 2:04pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 1:56pm:
~extensive passive aggresive squirming~

Oh suck it up you little cunt  Grin,

I mean really? is it so hard for you to man-up and admit your wrongs without back-tracking every other paragraph?

So much butthurt, so very much butthurt.

Too funny, someone get me popcorn.
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2015 at 2:14pm by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #40 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Forest,

once again, I want to reiterate, I think you're probably right, especially in light of the consistency with which your damage scaled with and without the enhancements, regardless of your characters effective crit Multiplier (ie your damage stayed the same with and without lethality or expert builder).

I'm only restating this because this thread is clogged up with some idiots troll baiting.
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2015 at 2:18pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
See, now was that so hard? 

You almost admitted you were wrong, (almost) and he world didn't end!

ha ha ha

« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2015 at 2:19pm by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
Forest,

I took what you outlined and tried it myself, I didn't have time for your full sized samples but it was pretty clear you were dead on by the time I finished my smaller samples.

Neither Expert builder or Lethality are giving any crit multiplier boosts. Also with no gear whatsoever and in a shitty destiny for thrown I was still getting a effective critical multiplier of around 2.6! even with just Harper giving me Intelligence damage.

Could I get a PM and join your next test session?

Grand's  'Pico' Test
Lev 28 pure rogue
In capped fury (only +1dam, nothing else)
Light armor
zeroed-out returning throwing dagger
No other equipment
Overwhelming critical was switched out for IC throwing
precision running
12 points harper
Hit average from 5 sets of 20 normal hits
Crit average from 5 sets of 10 crits
All sets against a fresh dummy

Harper only averages
Hit   30.5
Crit  78.5
mltp   2.6

lethality and Harper averages
Hit   30.4
Crit  78.3
mltp  2.6

Expert builder and Harper averages
Hit   31.2
Crit  79.8
mltp   2.6

I'll post returning throwing axe numbers and night forge spike when I am done running sets on them in the next day.
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2015 at 8:51pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
Nice confirmation Grand, too bad you pussyed out and didn't do Forest's whole testing suite.... what didn't you have a spare 4 hours?

I'm kidding, I'm kidding.

This all makes me really curious, I'm going to go run these tests sets as well, I may try Shiradi with as limited damage buffs as possible to see how much the ranged power is causing that sweet crit multiplier effect. 

Thanks

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #44 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 11:11pm
Print Post  
You see, I actually don't have a dog in the fight either except that I'm tired of people like Hag who don't trest anything trying to talk about things like they're an authority. I have NO PROBLEM with being wrong. I have a problem with not knowing the in game mechanics of certain abilities, in my quest to make builds. So honestly, the only thing I give any fucks about is how these things are or are not working.

Am in same boat. I'd like to point out that if Forest is lazy THAT IS OK, which is why he didn't post data (yet). Shit gets time consuming for anyone putting their feet into the math/figuring-out-turbine's-fucking-mess.

Also. Hag is a emotionally retarted. Get used to it, lol
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2015 at 11:11pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #45 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 1:12am
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 8:47pm:
Forest,

I took what you outlined and tried it myself, I didn't have time for your full sized samples but it was pretty clear you were dead on by the time I finished my smaller samples.

Neither Expert builder or Lethality are giving any crit multiplier boosts. Also with no gear whatsoever and in a shitty destiny for thrown I was still getting a effective critical multiplier of around 2.6! even with just Harper giving me Intelligence damage.

Could I get a PM and join your next test session?

Grand's  'Pico' Test
Lev 28 pure rogue
In capped fury (only +1dam, nothing else)
Light armor
zeroed-out returning throwing dagger
No other equipment
Overwhelming critical was switched out for IC throwing
precision running
12 points harper
Hit average from 5 sets of 20 normal hits
Crit average from 5 sets of 10 crits
All sets against a fresh dummy

Harper only averages
Hit   30.5
Crit  78.5
mltp   2.6

lethality and Harper averages
Hit   30.4
Crit  78.3
mltp  2.6

Expert builder and Harper averages
Hit   31.2
Crit  79.8
mltp   2.6

I'll post returning throwing axe numbers and night forge spike when I am done running sets on them in the next day.

Even with a smaller sample your numbers tracked very well Grand, good work.  You will run the risk of a larger deviation with the throwing axes because the proportional increase with the large standing crit multiplier but not so much that it will queer the numbers.

The slight bump you see in your Expert builder is from the +1 dam in the core 12, not much you can do about it in smaller samples, but it does flatten out in full runs.

PM your skype/email and we can loop you in for next time, probably the week after the next patch or pass.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 1:49am
Print Post  
I'm tired of people like Hag who don't trest anything trying to talk about things like they're an authority.

WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 11:11pm:
Also. Hag is a emotionally retarted. Get used to it, lol

....... A bit awkward here and I may be talking out of school  but you two are barking up the wrong tree with Hags. I mean sure he's a ratbag, but in our testing group, three of us used to run with Hag's monthly raid crew all the time when he was still doing that regularly. And it was also that cranky old bastard who showed my mate and I the basics of applying proper sample sizes and peer review to do build testing, and exploit proofs.

It's true that he can be a dick that ain't easy to get along with, but it's not often he's wrong and I've never had a problem with him copping to it when he is, like he did today.

Fact is that sometimes he is just acts like a d-bag to get somebodies back up and mess them about.  Which is far from unusual on the vault isn't it? Maybe don't be so quick to take the bait?

Anyway I've said my piece, I need a beer.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 10:06am
Print Post  
At this point we can only assuming crit multipliers not working is intentional.  (I've run my own shitty tests and none seem to work for me either). 

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 10:57am
Print Post  
Quote:
....... A bit awkward here and I may be talking out of school  but you two are barking up the wrong tree with Hags. I mean sure he's a ratbag, but in our testing group, three of us used to run with Hag's monthly raid crew all the time when he was still doing that regularly. And it was also that cranky old bastard who showed my mate and I the basics of applying proper sample sizes and peer review to do build testing, and exploit proofs.

It's true that he can be a dick that ain't easy to get along with, but it's not often he's wrong and I've never had a problem with him copping to it when he is, like he did today.

Fact is that sometimes he is just acts like a d-bag to get somebodies back up and mess them about.  Which is far from unusual on the vault isn't it? Maybe don't be so quick to take the bait?

Anyway I've said my piece, I need a beer.

Agreed.

Hag can be a salty pain in the ass but he knows his shit. He also will go out of his way to help people research and test exploits live, and help with time-intensive proof of concept work on builds. He and his mates helped a half-dozen of us on the vault, and those are just the ones I know about. Like the rest of us he can get it wrong sometimes, he's admitted as much.

When got I caught and banned for stone recycling with the ship bank a couple of months ago? he spent what felt like twenty minutes insulting me at the top of his lungs over skype for being stupid/lazy enough to do it on my guild ship. Just filthy language mind you.

And when he was done bitchin? he gave me access to his loaded alt account so we could work on the stone exploit together for a couple of days,  and told me to keep it when we were done.

Rule of thumb, if he is not sharing data or exploits with you by PM, email, he is not going to share with you at all. Personally, I take what he posts on the threads with a pinch of salt, if it's posted in a thread he is either talking about something generally know, or.... trying to piss-off and provoke somebody for petty amusement and dickishness.  Sound familiar?

Hag and Epoch should start a support group and Arkat could be treasure.
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2015 at 11:24am by gawker »  

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #49 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
Thought you had quit.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint