Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Monkcher Gear setup (Read 10014 times)
SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Monkcher Gear setup
Reply #25 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 7:48am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jun 11th, 2015 at 6:55am:
Firstly, if you wanted to optimize a ranged build, you wouldn't be dicking around with a longbow.

But your testing is still flawed.

.05 seconds is .05 seconds regardless of how many shots you fire.

OP is talking about Monkcher Gear Setup hench the longbow dicking. It's besides the point but I do have both a palcher and a mechanic. Though the mechanic is generally much better the palcher has it's places to shine in. Had I needed to pick one, yes it would be the mechanic.

My test depicts real game mechanics, I'll take actual practice over theory any day of the week.

Someone put it nicely somewhere, but can't seem to find it. Something in the lines of "if you are climbing a ladder with 10 inches between ranks whether you can raise one foot 10 or 19 inches above the other doesn't matter it will still take you the same number of steps to reach it's top. Shooting 15 seconds or less is like climbing that ladder with less than a 20 inch leg stretch.

I guess this is a case where we can agree to disagree.

« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2015 at 7:59am by SayWhatAgain »  

IP Logged

MisterHank
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Jun 13th, 2015 at 9:28am
Print Post  
SayWhatAgain wrote on Jun 11th, 2015 at 3:19am:
Did some testing on a palcher in DC (for max BAB) and epic boots of the innocent.
Counted number of firing animations with and with out Gilvanors. 15 seconds of constant fire seems to be the border for which Gilvanors does not produce an extra shot (I believe 19 shots fired in 15 seconds iirc).

So up to 15 seconds you gain nothing, past that you get an extra shot. Keeping in mind that an increase in shots fired for ranged toons in fury is not the same increase in dps since the bulk of the dps comes from the adren shots (even though another shot fired is another chance to get adren back) I believe it is safe to say Gilvanors contributes nothing or very very little at best and so would definitely not recommend placing it in a gear setup.

No doubt about it, Gilvanors = shit cuz the bulk of the dps comes from adrenaline and slayer shots.

However, I believe your reasoning is somewhat fallacious. You're making it seem that because an additional shot is only made after 15 seconds, it only gives a benefit after 15 seconds, which is false. You fire each shot 5,26% faster ((20/19) -1 x 100%), therefore you do your dps that much faster and therefore mobs rape your ass 5% less. (1 - 19/20) x 100%). However!.... This is ofcourse not true, but merely to point out the flaw in your reasoning.

The above assumes you deal equal amounts of dps every shot, which as u said is not the case cuz the bulk of the dps comes from the adren+slayer shots. However, like u also already knew, it gives a a whopping (!!) 5,26% increase in the chance to regain an adrenaline charge, which is not negligible.

Whatever, kinda done with this message.

Rape on.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #27 - Jun 13th, 2015 at 11:04am
Print Post  
No doubt it's offense increase.
But it's 2 very valuable gear slots.
It's just not worth trading all the effects on for example Shroud of Ardent plus Consuming Darkness for that 5% or whatever damage.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint