Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Anyone Interested in An Alternative to The Vault? (Read 45527 times)
Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Re: Anyone Interested in An Alternative to The Vault?
Reply #125 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 1:59am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jun 20th, 2015 at 5:01am:
A new site obviously isn't going to fly.

If we're adding Mods to the vault, then I think some boards would appreciate moderation more than others.

Let's be honest It was never a real proposal 5foot, it was just a little passive aggressive squeal from Sobsob after he got the rough end of the stick on the build threads. And it didn't fool many posters, as several called him out early.

What a pussy Southsobsobsob has become, almost as bad as Cetus when it comes to being precious about his "builder profile".

But on the bright side I gotta give a big hat's off to Strake for knowing the perfect way to expose it for the ridiculous carping it was: "here is your happy forum... now watch what happens"  Fucking beautiful, just beautiful.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #126 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 2:08am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jun 22nd, 2015 at 1:59am:
Let's be honest It was never a real proposal 5foot, it was just a little passive aggressive squeal from Sobsob after he got the rough end of the stick on the build threads. And it didn't fool many posters, as several called him out early.

What a pussy Southsobsobsob has become, almost as bad as Cetus when it comes to being precious about his "builder profile".

But on the bright side I gotta give a big hat's off to Strake for knowing the perfect way to expose it for the ridiculous carping it was: "here is your happy forum... now watch what happens"  Fucking beautiful, just beautiful.

Who is this Southsobsob?   Can't see them in the Vault list?

Did they get banished back to the mother forums?

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #127 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 6:38am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 22nd, 2015 at 2:08am:

Not sure if serious.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #128 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 9:19am
Print Post  

Northarharhar = Southsobsobsob

Granted it's no "Severancepay" but they can't all be gems....

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #129 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 9:24am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Jun 22nd, 2015 at 6:38am:
Not sure if serious.

Wut?
Did I miss something?   Huh
How the hell am I supposed to know that Notharharhar = Southsobsob
Did I miss a memo?  What the hell does that even mean?
To borrow a line from Die Hard Lethal Weapon, "I'm gettin too old for this shit!"   Undecided
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2015 at 9:03pm by DropBear »  

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #130 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 9:41am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 22nd, 2015 at 9:24am:
To borrow a line from Die Hard, "I'm gettin too old for this shit!"

I thought that was Danny Glover in Lethal Weapon?

And with that I say........

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #131 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 9:44am
Print Post  
And with that, I think as a Player talking to Turdbine, we mostly have an attitude like this to them.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #132 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 10:33am
Print Post  

Hag Master has developed a pretty unhealthy obsession with me. It's getting to the Buffalo Bill stages however, and I'm worried he's going to start RL stalking me on the webs.

It would be cute, if it wasn't so severe as to be creepy. Go ahead, look at how many of his posts have been about me in the last 2-3 months.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #133 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 10:39am
Print Post  
He has told me I am a master builder a number of times however, so that's nice.

In regards to this thread, he seems to be sour grapes that I said what a lot of people have been thinking, and sparked an interesting and mostly on topic 7 page thread about the subject.

No one has ever taken any of his threads even remotely seriously. StrakeIn threw him a bone in the new subforum Sunshine and whatever, and I'm afraid it's only fueled his paranoid obsessions and worst proclivities. Hopefully his good friends Grand and Forest can get him the help he needs.
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2015 at 10:50am by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #134 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 11:00am
Print Post  
This thread was not started in your honor, despite your delusions.

This was a long time in coming, but your particularly churlish behavior was perhaps the proverbial straw that broke camels back.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #135 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 11:15am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 22nd, 2015 at 11:00am:
This thread was not started in your honor, despite your delusions.

This was a long time in coming, but your particularly churlish behavior was perhaps the proverbial straw that broke camels back.

Do you really think that anyone is stupid enough to believe that?

It was obvious to anyone that it was you whining about me and the others smacking you down on your "lethality" nonsense and habitual out-of-date bullshit, at the time. Observe:

harharharhar wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 5:47pm:
On a personal level I try to self-censor, but some people are just such magnificent trolls that it can be very hard. I will be interested to see if anyone posts a serious response to this or if I get a lot of donuts and boobs.

Arkat wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 6:27pm:
Let's not forget you helped make it a cesspool recently with your tiff with Hag.

Look in the mirror first before judging.

HairyO wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 8:26pm:
Arkat wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 6:27pm:
Let's not forget you helped make it a cesspool recently with your tiff with Hag.

Look in the mirror first before judging.

This. Harhar, if you want a better forum, stop arguing constantly over stuff that doesnt matter. Especially when you are shown to be wrong.

Instead of padding your post count to get to the secret section, just send Strake $50 and Im sure he will unlock the entire forum for you.
[/quote]

And these two guys? Arkat and Hairy? hardly Hag fans, but they still saw right through your transparent bullshit whining and called you on it when they could have just sat back and seen if a hag pile-on happened. Instead they posted and popped your nonsense right out the gate.
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2015 at 11:17am by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #136 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 11:17am
Print Post  
The guy who started a "we need a new Vault" thread want's to accuse others of sour grapes, you're funny kid.

And when no one joined his "hag is a meanie" parade he became butthurt. 

Of course the funniest part of all this childish attempt at revisionism is that right after Sobsob started whining for a "safe place" Strake gave Sobsob exactly what he asked for in the form of a entire sub-forum, and Sobby went right over and started posting. But that went south quickly for Sobby,  no one played along with him, and to add insult to injury he got the lowest number of votes to become a moderator.  Then he pulled all of his own posts from the sub-forum he himself whined for because "we was" picking on him.

And now the sub-forum that he begged for and got, is just "a bone" that "Strake threw Hags..."  because he failed so hard there. Like Strake throws anyone a bone? really? too funny.

So in conclusion.. to Northarhar's little claims? No. Uh no. No again, and finally no once more.

Listen Sobby I worry about you son, so I'm going to throw you another bone and point out the two things you need to learn:

1) Don't poke a bear unless your ready to be bear shit.
2) Be careful what you wish for, because Strake might just give it to you.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #137 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 22nd, 2015 at 9:24am:
OldCoaly wrote on Jun 22nd, 2015 at 6:38am:
Not sure if serious.

Wut?
Did I miss something?   
How the hell am I supposed to know that Notharharhar = Southsobsob
Did I miss a memo?  What the hell does that even mean?
To borrow a line from Die Hard, "I'm gettin too old for this shit!"   

I thought that if I could figure out that SobSobSob was HarHarHar, that you could figure it out as well.

You're supposed to know it because you seem to figure out lots of stuff.  You're the go-to fella for many things here!  Independent 12 hour Drop Bear confirmation and everything.

I think Hag chose the label "SobSobSob" to indicate that he (Hag) thinks NotHarHarHar was whining in the OP, and applied the "South" prefix so it would have similar pacing with the original name.  That's the meaning I get from it, anyway.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #138 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
I too get confused by the use of nicknames but I am usually far from sober when reading here so y'know... probably not the author's fault. Smiley

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #139 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Jun 22nd, 2015 at 1:40pm:
far from sober

Intensive Vault reading requires a low level of Blood in Alcohol.

*glances at the empty bottle of wine*  [ Muscat de Beaume de Venise 2014 ]

To Calvados or not To Calvados.... that is the question....

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #140 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jun 22nd, 2015 at 11:15am:
blah blah blah

TLDR;

poke poke
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2015 at 4:08pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #141 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jun 22nd, 2015 at 9:19am:
Northarharhar = Southsobsobsob

Granted it's no "Severancepay" but they can't all be gems....

This nickname is a 1 of 10 at best.  It appears to be a result of you misreading his name.

His original name is not Northarharhar.  It is Notharharhar.
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2015 at 6:01pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Shellfish
Ex Member

Reply #142 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 22nd, 2015 at 4:07pm:
TLDR;

poke poke

This won't end well.
« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2016 at 11:26am by »  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #143 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
Sobsob's isn't the only one on the vault to use that TLDR tactic, it's the base fallback position for any of the vault light-weights who are out of their depth and getting stomped, better hope you don't use it yourself anytime soon crab-boy, the vault has a memory for hypocrisy.

And your wrong about Sobsob's in that second part about poking as well. See if I felt the compulsion to burn and humiliate Sobsob every time he posted something gay or retarded I wouldn't have time to scratch my ass of late, because every other word he has posted since getting publicly outted and humiliated on his Lethality nonsense (seriously who would be stupid enough to believe that about Lethality???) by a vault noobie has been a gay and retarded exercise in trying to distract and shift.

Here is a little tip for you Crab-boy, you might want to just read and lurk some more before trying your hand in here, not everyone is a useless pussy like Sobsob, so chances are you will get yourself in some grief before you're prepared to deal with it.
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2015 at 7:30pm by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #144 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jun 22nd, 2015 at 6:00pm:
This nickname is a 1 of 10 at best.  It appears to be a result of you misreading his name.

Yeah, you got a good point. Not much I can say except that they can't all be home runs. But I do like my averages, and most Vaulties knew exactly who I was talking about, especially Southsobsobsob herself.

IP Logged

wogoflove
Korthos Resident

Stop Breathing......

Reply #145 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 6:54pm:
I don't think it warrants a new website - with the admin and overheads that go along with that.
You also face the prospect of getting enough people and posts to make it worthwhile for Vaulties to go there.  I was on a few invite only DDO related forums and due to the lack of activity there, I rarely even check in there now.

The are two changes I'd like to see in the Vault. First is for accounts like Astraghal with stupid disruptive socks like HueHueHue to get extinguished fast.

They keep popping up, spew their BS and resurrect a few dozens threads, then fade out.  If you're patient they eventually go away, but it is still irritating sifting through their droppings. 
Conversely, actively squashing them would probably just give people with too much time on their hands an incentive to do it more for "fun".  People seem to be wired like that.

Secondly, I'd like to see a locked down invite only area not related to post count where we can discuss without snitches and bitches.....okay, just without the first one.   Grin
Something like OnePercenter's special area (no, not that one, the other one).   Wink

Otherwise I understand Strakeln provides a community service and doesn't want to spend his time moderating. 
Does that mean delegating?  Maybe, but we all know how that went last time.  Absolute power and all that....   Undecided
Is there a practical middle ground with some of the long term Vaulties acting as admins with powers to suspend accounts/posts until the moderator deletes or releases them?  Have a few across different time zones to give reasonable coverage?
I see the rules around this being pretty clear and not too dissimilar from now.  Eg NSFW posts being suspended until fixed, deleting spam disruption accounts etc.

Ooh - 1 more stealth change. Have all Turdbine related IP's seamlessly redirected to an archive version of the Vault, but make all the posts seem current.   Grin

+1 I like  Grin

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #146 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 22nd, 2015 at 1:58pm:
Intensive Vault reading requires a low level of Blood in Alcohol.

I was about to correct you, but I see what you did there Cheesy

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #147 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 22nd, 2015 at 10:39am:
StrakeIn threw him a bone in the new subforum Sunshine and whatever,

We got a new subforum?  When did that happen?  I didn't realise Strakeln did requests?  There is mischief afoot if Strakeln did that.

Is that another tab I have to keep open, or is it not worth it?
So "Sunshine & Butterflies" is hardly an inspiring name for a forum....

OldCoaly wrote on Jun 22nd, 2015 at 12:01pm:
I thought that if I could figure out that SobSobSob was HarHarHar, that you could figure it out as well.

Nah, too obtuse for me.
Haven't been following that drama.

OldCoaly wrote on Jun 22nd, 2015 at 12:01pm:
You're supposed to know it because you seem to figure out lots of stuff.  You're the go-to fella for many things here!  Independent 12 hour Drop Bear confirmation and everything.

Sigh.... if I had a dime every time I heard that schtick....
Thank you Barcelot, thank you....   Undecided

Digimonk wrote on Jun 22nd, 2015 at 6:00pm:

Ah, I see it now.

Quote:
This made me giggle   Roll Eyes  People only write TLDR on the vault if they have no comeback!  Grin

Not true!
I have to use TL: DR because my posts often exceed the concentration span of most Vaulties (and they don't include any pics of boobies to help maintain attention span).
Undecided

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #148 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 22nd, 2015 at 10:00pm:
We got a new subforum?  When did that happen?  I didn't realise Strakeln did requests?  There is mischief afoot if Strakeln did that.

Is that another tab I have to keep open, or is it not worth it?
So "Sunshine & Butterflies" is hardly an inspiring name for a forum....

Uh...take it up with the head moderator for that forum.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #149 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
i for one welcome our new dropbear overlord

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 
Send TopicPrint