Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ideas on this build for warlock. (Read 9235 times)
Crotch Goblins
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Ideas on this build for warlock.
Jun 25th, 2015 at 4:41pm
Print Post  

Hey guys, I'm thinking(building) a warlock off of the base of another build from the past the 12FVS/6wiz/2mnk the person I saw using it was DDOsith so wanted to give credit for the base idea. This is a shiradi caster that used the blast rather then MM so DC doesn't matter and spell points aren't a huge focus.

I'm thinking 12 Warlock, 5 wizard, 3 fighter.

Archmage for the extra crit so Tier 5 with that.
Tainted Scholar - just enough for chain and as much extra d4's as I can fit.
Figher for Defender line and Harmor.

I haven't done all the math, but I want to be able to crit a lot, and do good damage. I can see that full warlock will crit higher, but I want to crit more while still doing a good amount of dmg. So any constructive thoughts or pitfalls I need to avoid?

I went Drow for the ASF reduction and plan (for now) on using the ASF tower shield, I just can't think of the name off hand.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Re: Ideas on this build for warlock.
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
Crotch Goblins wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 4:41pm:
Hey guys, I'm thinking(building) a warlock off of the base of another build from the past the 12FVS/6wiz/2mnk the person I saw using it was DDOsith so wanted to give credit for the base idea. This is a shiradi caster that used the blast rather then MM so DC doesn't matter and spell points aren't a huge focus.

I'm thinking 12 Warlock, 5 wizard, 3 fighter.

Archmage for the extra crit so Tier 5 with that.
Tainted Scholar - just enough for chain and as much extra d4's as I can fit.
Figher for Defender line and Harmor.

I haven't done all the math, but I want to be able to crit a lot, and do good damage. I can see that full warlock will crit higher, but I want to crit more while still doing a good amount of dmg. So any constructive thoughts or pitfalls I need to avoid?

I went Drow for the ASF reduction and plan (for now) on using the ASF tower shield, I just can't think of the name off hand.

I fukn dont know, why dont you do 3 palie instead?
Id go with 6 wiz 2 palie and suggested that to people due to maxing out mm with 3 abi set that way tho.
Also bf solves many problems on that build.
Tho if you want to skip on recon sla, can grab repairs from wiz and get arcane supremacy that way.
OR drop supremacy, ap are tight because you want scholars 12 core and souleaters vulnerability upgrade, after that when you try to spend for supremacy you cant really waste any points in racial.

Dont even let me started on wasted ap on stalwart stance
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2015 at 7:41pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
If you're going to be using primarily blast, you're losing way too much base damage for the splash to be useful.  You'll get much more DPS with a pure warlock.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #3 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 8:02pm:
You'll get much more DPS with a pure warlock. 

I'm glad someone has figured this out besides me.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Crotch Goblins
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 12:53am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 7:38pm:
I fukn dont know, why dont you do 3 palie instead?
Id go with 6 wiz 2 palie and suggested that to people due to maxing out mm with 3 abi set that way tho.
Also bf solves many problems on that build.
Tho if you want to skip on recon sla, can grab repairs from wiz and get arcane supremacy that way.
OR drop supremacy, ap are tight because you want scholars 12 core and souleaters vulnerability upgrade, after that when you try to spend for supremacy you cant really waste any points in racial.

Dont even let me started on wasted ap on stalwart stance

I didn't do the pally because I leaped before I looked.

IP Logged

Crotch Goblins
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 12:55am
Print Post  
If you're going to be using primarily blast, you're losing way too much base damage for the splash to be useful.  You'll get much more DPS with a pure warlock. 

Umm base damage isn't the real point of this build, it's just the shiradi procs with the extended crit range. I'll tell testing it out and when I start seeing some Youtube videos I'm sure I'll see what the bench mark is for what they are doing. I Tred on the first day and didn't want to go pure right away.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Crotch Goblins wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 12:55am:
Umm base damage isn't the real point of this build, it's just the shiradi procs with the extended crit range.

Actually, the point of the build is DPS.  Shiradi doens't magically make base damage irrelevant.  Shiradi procs are equivalent to only about 25 base damage, which is a fraction of eldritch blast damage.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #7 - Jun 27th, 2015 at 9:38am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 3:38pm:
Actually, the point of the build is DPS.  Shiradi doens't magically make base damage irrelevant.  Shiradi procs are equivalent to only about 25 base damage, which is a fraction of eldritch blast damage. 

From what I'm seeing, this.  The base damage and crits from the blast itself are way more than the shirardi procs.  This isn't just an MM spamming shiradi where the MM is just a method to get the procs.

I'm thinking pure or 18 warlock if you do a split.  I'm having a hard time finding much that makes a difference though on those 2 levels.  Mostly some interesting flavor.  If you want to do the aura method and be a little more tanky, for example.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #8 - Jun 27th, 2015 at 10:44am
Print Post  
Do the Shiradi effects proc on each "split" of the EB when using Chain Shape?

If so, that could trigger as many Shiradi procs as MM. Maybe more.

Asheras wrote on Jun 27th, 2015 at 9:38am:
I'm thinking pure or 18 warlock if you do a split.  I'm having a hard time finding much that makes a difference though on those 2 levels.  Mostly some interesting flavor.  If you want to do the aura method and be a little more tanky, for example.   

The ES capstone is justification to stay Pure and so is the TS capstone. The Soul Eater capstone isn't impressing me though.
« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2015 at 10:47am by Arkat »  

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jun 27th, 2015 at 10:57am
Print Post  
From what I'm seeing, this.  The base damage and crits from the blast itself are way more than the shirardi procs.  This isn't just an MM spamming shiradi where the MM is just a method to get the procs.

not sure how it would work out in the end. I believe that shiradi mm spammer is superior dps. perhaps the right build of warlock could complete break ranks in 7 minutes and 20 seconds (the current fastest times set by a sorc shiradi, and a fvs shiradi).

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jun 27th, 2015 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 27th, 2015 at 10:57am:
not sure how it would work out in the end. I believe that shiradi mm spammer is superior dps. perhaps the right build of warlock could complete break ranks in 7 minutes and 20 seconds (the current fastest times set by a sorc shiradi, and a fvs shiradi).

I bet it could eventually.  Warlock shiradi is higher DPS by my calc, and you can get faster run speed through consume.  If you want to give me a run time without joy of the queen, I'll give it a go when I cap, but I don't really have interest in fishing for joy.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jun 27th, 2015 at 12:54pm
Print Post  

Someone on the mb said that crit damage from TS is additive, so with the capstone it's +60% crit damage, which seems way too good.  Haven't gotten around to testing it though.

I think 18/1 FvS/1 barb would be a pretty decent split though.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #12 - Jun 27th, 2015 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jun 27th, 2015 at 12:54pm:
Someone on the mb said that crit damage from TS is additive, so with the capstone it's +60% crit damage, which seems way too good.  Haven't gotten around to testing it though.

I think 18/1 FvS/1 barb would be a pretty decent split though. 

The healing/damage mitigation is the thing I'm working on ATM.  The DPS is seriously top shelf.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jun 27th, 2015 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jun 27th, 2015 at 12:51pm:
I bet it could eventually.  Warlock shiradi is higher DPS by my calc, and you can get faster run speed through consume.  If you want to give me a run time without joy of the queen, I'll give it a go when I cap, but I don't really have interest in fishing for joy. 

Both of the videos did not get joy buff. I believe they received the 100 hp buff with pleasure of the queen and not joy. around 2minutes in on both videos. Could be joy with 10 to all stats(con). Too lazy to make sure.

record time 7:16 set by golednlich using 9 sorc 7 wiz 4 fvs and 11 mem pots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=servsRGmrrc

second place time 7:25 set by yeela using 13 fvs 5 wiz 2 monk and 5 mem pots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiA_5vurQ1c

AtomicMew wrote on Jun 27th, 2015 at 12:54pm:

I hadn't tested if the math is true, but display reads 60. Level 12 displays 30.
« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2015 at 7:39pm by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Crotch Goblins
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jun 27th, 2015 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
Thanks, guys. I'm still going to so this the 12/5/3 on the guy I'm working on. I will probably make a pure though. I don't like turbine math and until I try it and see it for myself on this build I'm not going to believe it. I have seen a lot of locks lately and they just get aggro and die.. yeah dps probably ok, but when your dead your dps average dips in the shitter.

- And to elaborate I mean that this build isn't bad, not what you dudes are saying about straight lock being good Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2015 at 10:35pm by Crotch Goblins »  

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #15 - Jun 28th, 2015 at 9:30am
Print Post  
You'll get much more DPS with a pure warlock.

Arkat wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 10:52pm:
I'm glad someone has figured this out besides me.

I have run EE quests together with a pure PDK TWF Warlock all night yesterday. People came and go while the group was breezing through endgame EEs and the Warlock out-DPSed (Level 25) them all. Paladins, Barbs, Bards and my glasscannon style Mechanic. He was running in Draconic with two swords and his weapon DPS was on par with the better puggers. But on top of that he had hughe magical damage form Burst, Vortex and other stuff. It didn't look balanced or WAI at all, let's wait for the youtube videos and the outrage on the forums.

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #16 - Jun 28th, 2015 at 9:58am
Print Post  
string table error, tableDID wrote on Jun 28th, 2015 at 9:30am:
I have run EE quests together with a pure PDK TWF Warlock all night yesterday. People came and go while the group was breezing through endgame EEs and the Warlock out-DPSed (Level 25) them all. Paladins, Barbs, Bards and my glasscannon style Mechanic. He was running in Draconic with two swords and his weapon DPS was on par with the better puggers. But on top of that he had hughe magical damage form Burst, Vortex and other stuff. It didn't look balanced or WAI at all, let's wait for the youtube videos and the outrage on the forums.

Any details of his build?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jun 28th, 2015 at 10:08am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 28th, 2015 at 9:58am:

just guessing, it's cha based, points in tainted and spirit for aura. either fiend or great old one pact for draconic synergy. I would say fiend for consecrated ground fire ticks. possibly using cannith flame cloak for fire lore at level 25. secondary stat in int for kta and spellcraft.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Jun 28th, 2015 at 10:12am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 28th, 2015 at 9:58am:

Ditto.

Sounds tasty since they pulled the "magic" on my magic-mechanic, I need some new OP toon with which to troll my server.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #19 - Jun 28th, 2015 at 10:57am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 28th, 2015 at 10:08am:
just guessing, it's cha based, points in tainted and spirit for aura. either fiend or great old one pact for draconic synergy. I would say fiend for consecrated ground fire ticks. possibly using cannith flame cloak for fire lore at level 25. secondary stat in int for kta and spellcraft.

Was it a pure Warlock?

It sounds like fire was his element of choice. I wonder what he's going to do when Epic Shavarath comes out?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jun 28th, 2015 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 28th, 2015 at 10:57am:
Was it a pure Warlock?

his post said pure pdk, i assume it was pure warlock then. idk about shav. guess he can epic tr for acid and great old one.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #21 - Jun 28th, 2015 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
interestingly enough, the light dmg from enlightened does not work with monk handwraps.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #22 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 5:50am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 28th, 2015 at 10:08am:

Jup, that's seems right. Had consecrated ground twisted, points in tainted (passed GH) and used the aura. Used fire wall while hitting on mobs, so I guess maxxed spellpower fire.
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2015 at 5:51am by string table error, tableDID »  

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Ginger_Walri
Titan Demolisher

Fire. Die In It.

Reply #23 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 7:32am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jun 28th, 2015 at 10:38pm:
interestingly enough, the light dmg from enlightened does not work with monk handwraps.

Something not working on/with/around handwraps...gee that sounds familiar.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #24 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Ginger_Walri wrote on Jun 29th, 2015 at 7:32am:
Something not working on/with/around handwraps...gee that sounds familiar.

Psh, it must be an oversight. Turbine works tirelessly with monk coding to make sure things work with it.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint