Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Rogue Assasin (Read 3510 times)
Vic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Rogue Assasin
Jul 9th, 2015 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
Hey,

I am trying to make my first assasin life meaningful - and I may use some help.

First of all - I want to go Shadar-Kai for the past life, so that one is not negotiable.

Right now, I am thinking pure rogue, int based ofc, with most of the rest points in con (for HPs) and char.

Main tree assasin, dip in acrobat for movement speed and haste boost (8AP total), dip in Harper for Int to hit/dmg and Angles (12 AP total).

Rest I am uncertain about - 8 AP in Mech for uber trap DC sounds awesome, but I honestly dont know if there are traps worth spending those (I cannot find a list of new traps anywhere), Also, I would love all Shadar-Kai cores. Fitting it all in is.... possible (12 AP in Harper + 8 AP in Acrobat + 8 AP in Mechanic + 9 AP in Shadar = 37, leaving 43 APs to spend in Assasin).

The question is, is this the best choice? I am completely new to rogues and assasin is aboslutely different playstyle for me, so any tips or pieces of advice?

Also, fuck Uurlock in his ass. No specific reason, just because who he is.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Rogue Assasin
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
dex based gets you improved defensive roll.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #2 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
With the change in speed of setting traps and the dc part they basically did the following:
allow a int based rogue to put 100 + dc web traps and glitterdust traps and that way intitate combat

All damage traps are worthless in epic elite, havent tried in lower content.
I look at traps as the best defense they gave rogues, tops anything in non boss fights

IP Logged

Vic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:31pm:
dex based gets you improved defensive roll.

Unless I am mistaken, IDR is tier 4 TA enchancement, which is awesome ability indeed, but requires 23 AP in TA.

That said, IDR looks so great, that I am thinking about dropping those 8 APs in Mech (previously for brutaly effective trap DCs) and most of the 9 APs in Shadar... not sure if its worth it thou..

Edit: Also, it doesnt require any dex and thus there is no reason to go dex.
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:57pm by Vic »  

IP Logged

Vic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:44pm:
With the change in speed of setting traps and the dc part they basically did the following:
allow a int based rogue to put 100 + dc web traps and glitterdust traps and that way intitate combat

All damage traps are worthless in epic elite, havent tried in lower content.
I look at traps as the best defense they gave rogues, tops anything in non boss fights

Aye, I am not even considering traps as dmg source, but as CC. Can you please tell me whar other non-dmg effect crafted traps provide? Sadly, I cannot find it anywhere on the interwebs...

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #5 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Vic wrote on Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:59pm:
Aye, I am not even considering traps as dmg source, but as CC. Can you please tell me whar other non-dmg effect crafted traps provide? Sadly, I cannot find it anywhere on the interwebs...

You can go to trap crafing device in house c, couple i checkd for right now are: hypnotic pattern, ottos dance, web, glitterdust,  daze. cause fear, grease, hypnotism, sleep, blidness, scare, idiocy, deep slumber, dispell, halt undead, hold person, slow trap.

I didnt test most of those, justing using web/glitter and ocasional noisemakers

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #6 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 9:16am
Print Post  
Vic wrote on Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:59pm:

Right in the WIKI : http://ddowiki.com/page/Trapmaking

Magical Traps
Recipe: 10 Magical Trap Parts, 10 Mechanical Trap Parts, 1 Scroll of Daze Monster, Cause Fear, Grease, Hypnotism, or Sleep (The Marketplace Bazaar sells level 1 scrolls.)
Result: 15 Magical Traps
Recipe: 25 Magical Trap Parts, 10 Mechanical Trap Parts, 1 Scroll of Blindness, Daze Monster, Glitterdust, Hypnotic Pattern, Otto's Resistible Dance, Scare, Touch of Idiocy, or Web (The Marketplace Bazaar sells level 2 scrolls.)
Result: 15 Magical Traps (ML:5)
Recipe: 50 Magical Trap Parts, 10 Mechanical Trap Parts, 1 Scroll of Deep Slumber, Dispel Magic, Halt Undead, Hold Person, or Slow (Object Desire in House Phiarlan sells level 3 scrolls.)
Result: 15 Magical Traps (ML:7)

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

Vic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jul 11th, 2015 at 4:09am
Print Post  
Thanks for all responses.

Currentlz, I want assasin with trap capabilities, but I am not so sure about Haste boost - is it necessary? I am thinking about taking MP boost from assasin and then twisting haste boost from LD (I want to run in Shadowdancer, cause I never did it before, aside from topping it as an offdestiny).

So, skipping haste boost in enchancements - good idea, bad idea?

IP Logged

Ginger_Walri
Titan Demolisher

Fire. Die In It.

Reply #8 - Jul 11th, 2015 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Boosts from LD share timer with other class enhancement boosts so you cant use MP boost from assassin and haste from LD at the same time. Also, yes skipping haste boost is a terribad idea.

IP Logged

apparently bored
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #9 - Jul 12th, 2015 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
the only useful i have found was web noise and force deadly

hold monster is shit and doesnt work dance works on like 1 piece of a mob MAYBE the rest meh blind is ok but why not web though

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint