Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Need Help Gearing 12fvs/6wiz/2pal Shiradi (Read 12182 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Need Help Gearing 12fvs/6wiz/2pal Shiradi
Jul 21st, 2015 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
Trying to fit in abishai set for the 3 caster levels. Currently the build fires 5 missiles per cast of CM and CM sla. With the new gloves and abishai set that raises the number fired to 7 per cast. totaling 4 more projectiles each rotation.

3pc abishai: boots, helm, cloak.
Bracers: Gsteel land/sky SP, int skills 6, cha skill 4.
Neck: Epic Shav necklace
Gloves: Epic Shav raid gloves.
Goggles: Cannoneer's
Belt: Chord
Trinket: Epic Litany
Armor: Shadowscale 30/dr
Ring: health 11/10
Ring: MoD ring
Weapon: TF Impulse and lore.
Weapon: TF 100 potency/17 spell lore/purple slot.

If I were to give up on abishai(something that my friend suggests rather strongly). I lose 2 missiles but gain a better gear layout overall, increasing hp by 45, and adding 4d4 sonic+6d6 light per missile. Enables lantern ring by trading con ring for con on helm and con-op hp cloak.

Spell power set up using the above

423 base force(150 item, fey spring+shiradi, 20 epic feat, 5 interrogation, 20 spellcraft aug, 6 int skill, int 40, spellcraft skill =90 )
30 scourge
24 meridian
20 empyrean
25 ear dweller
20 greater impulse pot
25 comm pot

150 max
75 empower

788 total.

« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2015 at 11:08pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Re: Need Help Gearing 12fvs/6wiz/2pal Shiradi
Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2015 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
Does T5 enhancement "Zealous Faith" in Angel add extra missiles to CM?
or T4 enhancement "Intense Faith" is the only enh that affects them?

Also, definitely try to fit "Arcane Augmentation" in your gear setup somewhere.
I've used twilight in the past for the extra missiles, but that's before TF and stuff.

These new gloves from the upcoming raid "Defiler of the Just" is definitely worth adding to your gear setup:
http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Gauntlets_of_the_Arcane_Soldier

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #2 - Jul 21st, 2015 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 21st, 2015 at 11:08pm:
Neck: Epic Shav necklace
Gloves: Epic Shav raid gloves.

Cheesy You Mofo!

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jul 21st, 2015 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jul 21st, 2015 at 11:33pm:
Does T5 enhancement "Zealous Faith" in Angel add extra missiles to CM?

Dont think so. That acts as a heighten IIRC.

Alex DeLarge wrote on Jul 21st, 2015 at 11:33pm:
T4 enhancement "Intense Faith" is the only enh that affects them?

Far as I know, yes.

Alex DeLarge wrote on Jul 21st, 2015 at 11:37pm:
You Mofo!

That is why i posted this. Gear tetris is so ass.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #4 - Jul 21st, 2015 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
So, If I am not mistaken by dropping Abishai set you lose 1 (2/rotation) missile?
Honestly, the difference is so small, I doubt you'd notice the difference in the long run.

At least you get 3 slots to wear something more relevant that lvl20 trash. Tongue

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 12:16am
Print Post  
Drop the health ring, pick up lantern. Slot a +8 augment somewhere.  You could also potentially drop canoneers too.  Just reserve max/emp for situtations where you need it.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 6:50am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jul 21st, 2015 at 11:58pm:
So, If I am not mistaken by dropping Abishai set you lose 1 (2/rotation) missile?
Honestly, the difference is so small, I doubt you'd notice the difference in the long run.

Yeah, pretty much summed up how I felt. Just didnt know if the extra 2 missiles were that important. Thought somebody might have the math for it.

AtomicMew wrote on Jul 22nd, 2015 at 12:16am:
Drop the health ring, pick up lantern. Slot a +8 augment somewhere.  You could also potentially drop canoneers too.  Just reserve max/emp for situtations where you need it.

I guess I could. My HP drops from 1060 to just around 950 if I do that with the 3pc abishai set up. I dont want to give up 10% discount from goggles. Not really worried about maximize since it costs only 1sp. 

IP Logged

Ginger_Walri
Titan Demolisher

Fire. Die In It.

Reply #7 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 22nd, 2015 at 6:50am:
Yeah, pretty much summed up how I felt. Just didnt know if the extra 2 missiles were that important. Thought somebody might have the math for it.

Those chronos for naught...I hate your face.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Ginger_Walri wrote on Jul 22nd, 2015 at 12:56pm:
Those chronos for naught...I hate your face.

Hahah! I will eventually have to If I roll 9/7/4 build. Puts CM at 9 missiles and CM sla at 8. That's kind of good.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 22nd, 2015 at 6:50am:

Chain missile maxes out at clvl 19 for 11 total missiles (10 extra + 1 primary) IIRC.  With no abishai, you have clvl 6+3 fvs + 2 gloves = 11 (7 missiles).  With abishai, you have clvl 14 for 8 missiles. So that's roughly a 14% increase in dmg to chain missiles. 

I dunno, I think that's worth it.  And you can save 2 AP by skipping out on intense faith 3 since you only need clvl 13.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Also, abishai supposedly bumps up eburst clvl btw.

IP Logged

Ginger_Walri
Titan Demolisher

Fire. Die In It.

Reply #11 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jul 22nd, 2015 at 3:52pm:
Also, abishai supposedly bumps up eburst clvl btw.

Shouldn't energy burst is based of character level not caster level.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jul 22nd, 2015 at 3:50pm:
So that's roughly a 14% increase in dmg to chain missiles. 

I see someone did the math.  Tongue TY

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #13 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
Don't forget

In a rotation of SLA CM/SLA MM/CM/MM,

You get 10 mMissles, and 14-22 cMissiles

The difference in having max Caster Level, if I understand the mechanics correctly,

CL11: 10mm+14cm = 24 missile/rotation
CL13: 10mm+16cm = 26 missiles/rotation
CL15: 10mm+18cm = 28 missile/rotation
CL17: 10mm+20cm = 30 missile/rotation
CL19: 10mm+22cm = 32 missile/rotation

The results more realistically per 2 (odd) caster levels for a full rotation of the spells is:
        TotMiss  %DamInc
CL11    24     0%
CL13    26     8%
CL15    28    17%
CL17    30    25%
CL19    32    33%

I'm not saying this criticize lower CL Shiradi builds that multiclass for things like free SP from FvS or in your case for Blade Barrier. And casting Blade-barrier changes the calculus on your spell rotation obviously. Since you end up doing lots of damage from BB and in all build cases from EB every 30 seconds, that lowers the overall damage trade-off from losing chain missiles due to CL. Also, you can potentially get more procs of BB on a mob if you move well and depending on the speed of the mob, and over a 10 second spell rotation with a BB down you could pretty easily average 2 BB procs due to movement. Additionally, outside of Shiradi procs, BB tics tend to do more damage than a Chain Missile.

And of course, with a 10 second CD on SLA CM, a 6 second CD on SLA MM, and 3/2 second CD's respectively on the non-SLA versions, you could argue that rotation isn't optimized, though that is really an argument of Number of mobs attenuated by time to kill. But this wouldn't make that much of a difference anyway. If it takes about 1.1 seconds to cast a spell, and a mob wouldn't die after the above 4 Spell rotation, you might want to change up the rotation slightly.

Anyway, not sure if this helps you gear at all, but I did the math anyway because I got curious, so I thought I would share it.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #14 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
FWIW I'm also a huge fan of scorching ray on these builds as the spell itself does decent damage and of course gives 3 chances at a Shiradi proc
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2015 at 10:48pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 11:30pm
Print Post  
Thanks, Har. Appreciated.

The max caster level for the fvs version is 6+3+3+2 =14. Giving 26 projectiles.

The fvs benefits from Archon, Divine Punishment, Scourge, Just Rewards, and BB are amazing. The archon is very handy. It takes half your spellpower and crit chance. Arcane Supremacy procs-> summon archon-> wooot. Same with BB pretty much. And then even crazier when Joy procs turning BB into this stupid shiradi procing, 100% crit damage with 87% crit chance(for me atm). Really hard not to include it.

Thinking maybe a 14 wiz 4 fvs 2 pal would be decent. mostly from max CM CL and not having to use abishai set with the new raid gloves coming. But Im not sure it's as easy as suped up BB and Archon. I tried a 14sor 4fvs version(twice for last 2 sorc lives) and while it was decent, it doesnt kill as fast as the fvs. Tried a Dc warlock and a shiradi 6 wiz warlock. But I went back to the fvs again because I like it that much. Easiest build I have played to date.

Scorching ray is really good also, has max CL of 11 for 3 rays. I use it on single target rotation hotbar whenever Im not too lazy to hit ctrl+2. Searing Light, Nimbus, and Divine Punishment are also in that rotation. With Ruin for orange/reds. I usually just spam the AoE hotbar of 4 Missile spells, hellball, sonic blast, Burst, BB.

either way, looks like I will have to squeeze in that stupid abishai set anyway.
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2015 at 11:31pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
What kind of buid did you do for the 12 warlock/6 wiz split? Seems like it could be much more dps with +30% crit and/or full vulnerability procs.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jul 22nd, 2015 at 11:39pm:
What kind of buid did you do for the 12 warlock/6 wiz split? Seems like it could be much more dps with +30% crit and/or full vulnerability procs. 

2 pally bf. If I had lesser heart I would have went 2 fvs for scourge, and just reward.  It was good, but really missed the fvs levels. I took scholar cores, tier 5 archmage. Pretty much same build sestra posted "ruin king". That was before he posted his tho, got the idea from you i think it was, somewhere on these boards.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #18 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 11:51pm
Print Post  
THe only problem with 12FvS builds in my opinion is they lose all the awesomeness of BB (but don't gain back the trade-offs) versus immobile mobs, which are generally raid bosses (Velah, Abbot, Lloth, Demon Queen More or Less, etc).

It's not a huge deal, but it is what it is. No question it's a better trash clearer than a non-BB build. My struggle with the build (which I ran a few times on my caster character) is that I never knew how to allocate teh stats most effectively. Wisdom was required for BB DC, which seems silly since you just want it to proc shiradi. But then again, fully buffed at 28, BB actually itself can do huge damage, if things are aren't saving/evading. But, Wisdom and Con for HP don't leave much for Int or Cha which is needed for EB, of course.

I found the build very fun in EA, with a high Wisdom for BB, and Cha secondary. That was at least 3 updates ago though. EA also makes being a fleshy a lot more viable.

*Of course this made the Force/Missiles part of this build less important, but they still charged abilites, built of free SP, and procced Colors/any twisted stances
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2015 at 11:56pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jul 22nd, 2015 at 11:51pm:
BB DC

I dumped it completely. Think the dc is like 33 base. Against evasion mobs hellball is the shit. cant be evaded.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #20 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 22nd, 2015 at 11:56pm:
I dumped it completely. Think the dc is like 33 base. Against evasion mobs hellball is the shit. cant be evaded.

Nice thing about Hellball is that with Double Maximize enhancements and 10% SP reduction its sorta cheap.

What was really fun was a weird 12FvS/5Wiz/3Monk build I did in Master Water stance that allowed me to mostly permanently have 25% reduction to SP. Maximized spells I think ended up costing less than the Base spells. That was also a few updates ago. Obviously that build did away completely with missles, though I think I took SLA MM for charging up FvS abilities and the DC twist for stacking crit

*NM thinking back this build totally used missiles, it just lacked SLA CM, and obviously casting level wasn't the highest.
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2015 at 12:06am by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #21 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 22nd, 2015 at 11:56pm:

Yeah everyone I know who built FVS since they came out dump WIS, accept the save usually happening and are happy with the remaining (boosted in other ways) damage.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 11:07am
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Jul 23rd, 2015 at 10:20am:
Yeah everyone I know who built FVS since they came out dump WIS, accept the save usually happening and are happy with the remaining (boosted in other ways) damage.

If It were a DC based Soul then I could afford to. The shiradi build dumps all DCs. even energy burst is low @53 DC.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #23 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 5:44am
Print Post  
Yes I doubt mates had access to your PL/gear. FVS at lower gear / lives end seems you may as well just use the build points and AP in more interesting ways, just like the Shiradi approach.

Shame, really.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 7:24am
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 5:44am:
Yes I doubt mates had access to your PL/gear. FVS at lower gear / lives end seems you may as well just use the build points and AP in more interesting ways, just like the Shiradi approach.

Shame, really.

Even then, it is just way easier to build and play shiradi. DC casting is in a fucked up spot. Check the death of dc thread on mobos, despite my shit talking in there, I agree with that casters are getting shafted. FoM and epic wards in ToEE, insane pally level saves in epic shav. just stupid.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint