Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Zone Crash help again plox. (Read 8149 times)
Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Zone Crash help again plox.
Jul 28th, 2015 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
Ok, I think I asked this here before. I get zoning crashes about every 6-8 times I zone anywhere.

My memory, graphics card, and cpu are fine. I run DDO on a SSD.

But, I run it on Win7 32 bit.

Last time someone said that was the problem. I need to upgrade to 64 bit. Is this correct?

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Re: Zone Crash help again plox.
Reply #1 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
that is correct

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
Going 64 should end it entirely.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #3 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am
Print Post  
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #4 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:32am
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

Ageist.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #5 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 1:41am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:32am:
Ageist.

Ding!

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #6 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 1:44am
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Jul 28th, 2015 at 10:56pm:
Ok, I think I asked this here before. I get zoning crashes about every 6-8 times I zone anywhere.

My memory, graphics card, and cpu are fine. I run DDO on a SSD.

But, I run it on Win7 32 bit.

Last time someone said that was the problem. I need to upgrade to 64 bit. Is this correct?

There was, also, another issue related to the Soundcard, I don't remember the specifics, but as far I know if you have a special soundboard, you'd need to set the generic soundcard as default (in-game options). It was somewhere on the DDO shithole forums.

IP Logged

Barba
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 1:50am
Print Post  
64 bit win 7 user  - having the same issue so that's not the problem. I'm installed on my HDD, but will try installing onto my SSD.

Still go ahead and upgrade to 64bit if you can as it's the only way to utilise more than 4gigs of ram.
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2015 at 1:52am by Barba »  

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #8 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 1:52am
Print Post  
Barba wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 1:50am:
64 bit win 7 user  - having the same issue so that's not the problem.

Still go ahead and upgrade to 64bit if you can as it's the only way to utilise more than 4gigs of ram.

aaaaaand you just crushed my hopes and dreams.

IP Logged

Barba
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 2:08am
Print Post  
Sorry - I did chime in after a 12 month hiatus to try and find a fix.  I'm gona try a reinstall after expunging both instances of the game from my PC and see if that changes anything.

I'm also unable to start the game from my desktop shortcut, but that could be because it's choking on having two installs both using the same /mydocuments folder. Out of interest did you formerly have ddo installed on your hard drive?

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #10 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 2:37am
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 1:52am:
aaaaaand you just crushed my hopes and dreams.

Don't despair.

Barba wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 1:50am:
64 bit win 7 user  - having the same issue so that's not the problem. I'm installed on my HDD, but will try installing onto my SSD.

That's the other problem that can cause issues. With 64 Bit and SSD, you may be ok.
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2015 at 2:44am by Sim-Sala-Bim »  

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #11 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 2:44am
Print Post  
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

Haha I will add that line to my sig and shove it in ur face every time you talk about christian values. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #12 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 2:44am
Print Post  
Meat,

Also if you have a sound card installed, turn it off and switch to the on-board sound. This has also helped a few people.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #13 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 3:25am
Print Post  
Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 2:44am:
Meat,

Also if you have a sound card installed, turn it off and switch to the on-board sound. This has also helped a few people.

word. thx

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 5:15am
Print Post  
the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

WWJD?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 5:23am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 5:15am:
WWJD?

He would go punch and kick old people, later when he calmed down he would blame it on them being "merchants" in a retroactive effort to cover his butt.

Still not as bad as Budda, that guy was the most passive aggressive weenie in the world. When aggravated he would sigh really loudly and mutter under his breath around old people. But when they would ask if something was wrong he would roll his eyes and tell them "oh no, I was just meditating" such a snarky dick.

And don't get me started about crazy uncle Moha, you would not believe that guy's temper.. 
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2015 at 5:24am by Grand »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 5:29am
Print Post  
Long story short... worst religious founder around old people:

L. Ronnie.

IP Logged

stardate2115
Dragon Raider

..!..

Reply #17 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 6:09am
Print Post  

nGrand wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 5:23am:
He would go punch and kick old people, later when he calmed down he would blame it on them being "merchants" in a retroactive effort to cover his butt.

Still not as bad as Budda, that guy was the most passive aggressive weenie in the world. When aggravated he would sigh really loudly and mutter under his breath around old people. But when they would ask if something was wrong he would roll his eyes and tell them "oh no, I was just meditating" such a snarky dick.

And don't get me started about crazy uncle Moha, you would not believe that guy's temper.. 

nice hag sock ... your socks are showing

..!..       ..!..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint