Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Warlock Synergy (Read 15459 times)
ThE PhAnTOM GoD
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Warlock Synergy
Reply #25 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 8:23am
Print Post  
And we all must love the red alert he brings with him!!  Wink  He makes zerging fun

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #26 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jul 30th, 2015 at 3:44pm:
In those cases then, I'm not sure why Teth took 1 level of Fighter which I'm pretty sure he did.

I'll ask him tonight if I see him and report back.

I’m thinking it might just be a PDK build.  If he’s rocking greatswords, there’s the whole reason for that race choice on a Warlock.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #27 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 11:39am
Print Post  
I didn't sign on last night so no report.

I'll try again tonight.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #28 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Jul 31st, 2015 at 10:49am:
I’m thinking it might just be a PDK build.  If he’s rocking greatswords, there’s the whole reason for that race choice on a Warlock.

Um, I think I already said this but just in case you missed it:

He did not have a GS, he had an orb offhand and some 1hander main hand (no way to know what)
He was a WF
He was in Shiradi

who in their right mind would run a greatsword in Shiradi? This was a Shiradi Nuking build using AoE's and blasts from Warlock with Energy Burst, Ruin and Hellball thrown in.
« Last Edit: Jul 31st, 2015 at 3:36pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Reply #29 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jul 31st, 2015 at 3:35pm:
Um, I think I already said this but just in case you missed it:

He did not have a GS, he had an orb offhand and some 1hander main hand (no way to know what)
He was a WF
He was in Shiradi

who in their right mind would run a greatsword in Shiradi? This was a Shiradi Nuking build using AoE's and blasts from Warlock with Energy Burst, Ruin and Hellball thrown in.

Up until this post, you said nothing about War/Bladeforged.  In fact, in one of your later posts, you mentioned armor proficiencies, which War/Bladeforged don’t care about, because they have body feats.

Someone else mentioned that Teth was a greatsword aficionado.

Because you failed to mention the whole War/Bladeforged thing, and that people were wondering “Why did he take a level of fighter?”, and that whole greatsword thing, a PDK build seemed like a reasonable explanation.  There are melee warlock builds.  Just because you don’t seem to know how to make one work, doesn’t mean that other people haven’t figured it out.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Yeah but a melee lockwould be going swf or twf probably,not gs.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Reply #31 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jul 31st, 2015 at 4:56pm:
Yeah but a melee lockwould be going swf or twf probably, not gs.

Maybe.  I know some people will scream “OHMAHGERD!!!  THF has strength requirements!”  But, we live in a DDO where +7 stat tome bonuses exist.  A couple build points and a creative character leveling scheme can make that less of an issue.  My guildleader did a Bladeforged Paladin/Warlock ESoS build for an iTR/Warlock life that he was pretty pleased with.  His main complaint was that he was stuck with Fey pact.  I was thinking Teth may have found a different way to have fun with a melee warlock.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #32 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Jul 31st, 2015 at 4:20pm:
Up until this post, you said nothing about War/Bladeforged.  In fact, in one of your later posts, you mentioned armor proficiencies, which War/Bladeforged don’t care about, because they have body feats.

Someone else mentioned that Teth was a greatsword aficionado.

Because you failed to mention the whole War/Bladeforged thing, and that people were wondering “Why did he take a level of fighter?”, and that whole greatsword thing, a PDK build seemed like a reasonable explanation.  There are melee warlock builds.  Just because you don’t seem to know how to make one work, doesn’t mean that other people haven’t figured it out.

Um,

youre the one suggesting Greatswords and PDK on a Shiradi build, who doesn't know how to make this build work? LOL

When I said maybe you missed it I was referring to this:

harharharhar wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 5:35pm:
yes almost positive it was 1 fighter as a istated, and it would obviously be for armor profs. he was using an orb offhand. and was in zombie form which was so hilarious to watch him drunkenly swaying everywherre

There are no warlock melee builds in Shiradi using greatswords. Which was my first quote. If there were, we would be making fun of them, not trying to figure out how they did it so good.

Take it from me, don't be a dick just because you were wrong.
« Last Edit: Jul 31st, 2015 at 6:54pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Reply #33 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jul 31st, 2015 at 6:53pm:
Um,

youre the one suggesting Greatswords and PDK on a Shiradi build, who doesn't know how to make this build work? LOL

Others, when talking about Teth’s love of certain things, were suggesting he was a gish build.  Such a build seems no more implausible than a throwing build was when U14 launched.  I was trying to figure out how such a build might work. 

harharharhar wrote on Jul 31st, 2015 at 6:53pm:
Take it from me, don't be a dick just because you were wrong.

Great, so we can count on you not being a dick about you saying that he was wearing heavy armor?

harharharhar wrote on Jul 30th, 2015 at 6:02pm:
teth makes some of the more interesting and strange shiradi builds, so it's always fun to guess at what he's up to, if you enjoy making builds.

I imagine he was wearing heavy armor since he skipped evasion, tho I think recall seeing Blue Dragon Armor set bonus, so I dont think it was heavy TF armor, tho we were just facesmashing GH EE's, so he was probably gearing for speedy kills not survivability. With 12 Warlock levels I imagine it's useful to be able to take some hits so you can aura blast / centered AoE everything to death

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #34 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
I assumed he would be wearing heavy armor aka Adamantine Body, because as a warlock in ES you have to get close and use an aura. Further, lacking evasion, it provides good damage mitigation.

Last time I checked, adamantine body is for most intents and purposes heavy armor. For a WF, it is the equivalent. Adamantine body feat description from wiki states:

Description
Docents you equip provide armor equivalent to Full Plate. This is treated as metallic heavy armor. You have damage reduction 2/adamantine, a 35% arcane spell failure chance, -5 armor check penalty to certain skills, and a +1 maximum dexterity bonus.
Note: Evasion doesn't work for Warforged with Adamantine Body since it is considered a heavy armor.
Adamantine body plating Feats can be purchased like regular Feats.

I understand i did not make my assumption explicitly clear about heavy armor as a Docent vs. Full Plate. Nor am I denying that I said heavy armor. I am not admitting to being wrong about anything either, you just made some incorrect assumptions.

« Last Edit: Jul 31st, 2015 at 7:43pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Reply #35 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Then try this on for size:  Don’t be a dick to people because you didn't use accurate game terminology.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #36 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Still not sure where in this thread i was a dick to anyone

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
Figured Id respond. Note I havent got to play this much since I am very rusty but so far Ive liked it.

12 fvs 7 wiz 1 barb.
I went bf for the -10 slash and building prr but you can go any race or take any class for the last level. I decided to focus on the dps ofc using the temple orb and tf. I also use blue set for the 9 universal crit and the spell power. For healing I use zombie form and arcane supremacied/warlock enhanced death auras (crit in the 400-450's and 80-90 on lesser). I also tried to max dodge and throw in as much prr as I could.

The build can zerg pretty good, but it can be pulled off going 12 warlock 6 wiz 2 barb. Loses some aoe clear dps as the above and relies on burst healing with recon instead of constant healing from undead. Also get sprint boost for awesome zerging.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Jul 31st, 2015 at 10:20pm:
Figured Id respond. Note I havent got to play this much since I am very rusty but so far Ive liked it.

12 fvs 7 wiz 1 barb.
I went bf for the -10 slash and building prr but you can go any race or take any class for the last level. I decided to focus on the dps ofc using the temple orb and tf. I also use blue set for the 9 universal crit and the spell power. For healing I use zombie form and arcane supremacied/warlock enhanced death auras (crit in the 400-450's and 80-90 on lesser). I also tried to max dodge and throw in as much prr as I could.

The build can zerg pretty good, but it can be pulled off going 12 warlock 6 wiz 2 barb. Loses some aoe clear dps as the above and relies on burst healing with recon instead of constant healing from undead. Also get sprint boost for awesome zerging.

Is it better than your fvs shiradi split? been playing that for a while now using secure's layout instead of your original. Although Im geared differently than he is(resonance necklace, gauntlets of arcane soilder, and 3pc abishai).

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 31st, 2015 at 10:29pm:
Is it better than your fvs shiradi split? been playing that for a while now using secure's layout instead of your original. Although Im geared differently than he is(resonance necklace, gauntlets of arcane soilder, and 3pc abishai). 

The fvs split is def more sp efficient. Im a little confused as to why you use the 3 pc set on the 12 fvs split unless you are trying to save 6 aps and not take the +3 caster levels. Chain missles gives the full 10 missles regardless of caster lvl.

Now the warlock split in my opinion does much more damage than the fvs split. But they both have their benefits. The fvs is longevity and the warlock is clear speed. For me I zerg pretty hard so longevity seems kind of pointless, but Im sure the new raid the fvs split may work better (havent tried yet).

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Jul 31st, 2015 at 10:35pm:
Im a little confused as to why you use the 3 pc set on the 12 fvs split unless you are trying to save 6 aps and not take the +3 caster levels. Chain missles gives the full 10 missles regardless of caster lvl

Im not sure. Just going by what i read on goldenlich's shiradi thread. I havent tested it. but judging from his video he beats the fvs in dps.

Quote:
Together with the 3 piece epic Abishai set you have a total of +6 caster level for chain missile, magic missile, force missile, scorching ray and various other spells. Now the chain missile spell isn't understood correctly by many as it indeed does not work as per description or as the description would suggest, it does however scale for each 2 levels above level 1 for a maximum of "10 missiles" at level 19 so it is important to make sure you caster level is odd.

Chain missile is by far the most effective spell for a shiradi while clearing packs of enemies since it hits multiple enemies multiple times each. So for number of procs sake shooting a single chain missile into a pack of mobs would be equivalent to hitting the pack of mobs with 6-10 fire balls. Seemingly when you are facing two adjacent targets and hit one of them with chain missile the other target will sustain 10 hits regardless of your caster level (if the target doesn't have enough hp it will only sustain a number of hits that finish it off so testing this on a waterworks kobold isn't a good idea). The interesting part happens when there are 3 or more targets and that is where caster level comes to play and in a big way. It's hard to say exactly how it works especially since it seems that different targets effected from the same spell are hit a different number of times but the higher your caster level the more hits each mob will take and so maxing it out is crucial.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/462456-The-Gold-Shiradi-Build-Heavy-du...

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 31st, 2015 at 10:40pm:
Im not sure. Just going by what i read on goldenlich's shiradi thread. I havent tested it. but judging from his video he beats the fvs in dps.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/462456-The-Gold-Shiradi-Build-Heavy-du...

Ahh gotcha. I always seem to bounce my chain missles when few mobs are left hence why I never went for abishai set. My fault then. I could see the reason for it, but the amount of chain missles needed to be used in a quest to justify the set I think would be alot.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Jul 31st, 2015 at 10:47pm:
Ahh gotcha. I always seem to bounce my chain missles when few mobs are left hence why I never went for abishai set. My fault then. I could see the reason for it, but the amount of chain missles needed to be used in a quest to justify the set I think would be alot.

I think so too, but it feels like my sp consumption has gone down since the 5 caster levels I gained. anecdotal though, so take it with grain of salt.
wearing this :

3pc abishai: boots, bracers, cloak.
Helm: Gsteel land/sky SP, int skills 6, cha skill 4, 10hp.
Neck: Epic Shav necklace
Gloves: Epic Shav raid gloves.
Goggles: Cannoneer's
Belt: Chord
Trinket: Epic Litany
Armor: Shadowscale 30/dr
Ring: health 11/10
Ring: MoD ring(dont have it yet, so using lantern, will swap to MoD ringt+lantern soon-ish)
Weapon: TF Impulse and lore.
Weapon: TF 100 potency/17 spell lore/purple slot.
« Last Edit: Jul 31st, 2015 at 10:54pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #43 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 31st, 2015 at 10:50pm:
my sp consumption

You don't carry around a 100 stack of ciders and mnemonics?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jul 31st, 2015 at 10:57pm:
You don't carry around a 100 stack of ciders and mnemonics?

eross, epic tailisman, both litany of dead, and thousands of pots. But I get mad using them on principal. But, yes, I do. I mostly just turn on all metas for every thing and give no fucks about resources for now.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #45 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
i was wrong, it was a barb level

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Aug 1st, 2015 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 31st, 2015 at 10:40pm:

lol, since when did chain missiles get so buggy.

Also, supremacy aura sounds awesome!

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #47 - Aug 2nd, 2015 at 12:01am
Print Post  
just an update. so before all this additional info and Teth coming on - I went and rolled up a wf warlock currently at level 12.

First and foremost, I am not a "master builder", I simply play chars based upon what I like, what I "think" they need and my playstyle. That being said he is atm, 6/5/1 Loc/wiz/bard. He will end up being a 14/5/1

I played a ranger for many years so standing in edlrich blast stance rather then aura will be my main playstyle.

I am using Enlightened Spirit branch with some tainted scholar, eldritch knight, warforged and warchanter. all my skills are set in UMD/repair/perform/spellcraft. I went adamantine for one of my feats so that explains the eldritch night. WF is for inscribe armor, prr, con and fortification, tainted is just for upping my edlrich blast and warchanter is for con, upping my prr and to be able to use fascinate.

So far, with my ranger skillset and maneuverability and his current damage output, he pretty much mows through everything. Three main power increases I use im my weapons are impulse/kinetic/repair/reconstruct. I need to squeeze in potency and radiance.

I also did evocation and greater evocation as part of my feats. I read somewhere that Int can play a bigger roll then just cha, so I invested into that more then dex & str.

Con and cha of course are my main stats. I don't really melee if at all with this toon. I know you can go that route, but I was trying to mix it up.

Again, so far hes fun.

go ahead and rip me apart now. lol

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #48 - Aug 2nd, 2015 at 12:09am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 30th, 2015 at 2:44pm:
You cannot build warlcok wrong. ES tree and TS for cores = winning. If necro spec'd then use SE tree. No matter what you build, it is 2 stronk.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

vageta31
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Aug 13th, 2015 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Jul 31st, 2015 at 10:20pm:

12 fvs 7 wiz 1 barb.

Was wondering if you could maybe go into a little more detail on how the build works, at least as far as the warlock version. You said for warlock it's 6 wiz/2 barb compared to 7wiz/1 barb for the fvs version. What does the 2nd barb give you special compared to the fvs only needing 1? Uncanny dodge?

I'm assuming the core idea is using wizard for the MM SLA, chain missiles and force missiles(assuming you take wiz 7) to proc Shiradi. Warlock version would also be spamming chain blast in between. 6 wiz also gives you vampire form for the healing so you can self heal(no need for reconstruct points wasted on BF).

What I'm most wondering for warlock version is damage type. Normally I run utterdark at all times and get the easy light damage from ES tree along with the huge dps boost you get from using eldritch burst/spirit blast. However it seems in this build you'd have to focus on 3 energy types. Force/light/pact(most likely acid or fire for draconic energy burst). I'm thinking not using utterdark at all and focusing on force would be an option, though in doing that do you not use a lot of the ES tree?

I guess I'm wondering if you are actually maximing 3 different damage types along with universal, or if you cut that to 2 and not worry about ES. I've always used the eldritch AoE blasts so I can't imagine going without them unless you go into the other trees and focus on pact damage and consume/stricken/etc...

I must say the idea of a vampiric warlock focusing on pewpew and crits sounds pretty fun.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint