Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Shirardi & Eldrich blast (Read 2446 times)
palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Shirardi & Eldrich blast
Aug 6th, 2015 at 8:53am
Print Post  
You will have to excuse me as I have minimal exposure to Epic Destinies. I recently leveled my warlock to 20.

So just before i went to bed last night I glazed over some of the epic destinies. I recall everyone raving over Shirardi and I as I looked at it (albeit briefly) I saw a lot of damage output via range with some damage output via spellcasting. (correct me if i'm wrong)

Is this truly the best destiny for DPS on a a char that throws magical balls of energy? I seem to recall that Shirardi focused mainly on"ranged weapons". Didn't think magical spheres were considered ranged, but then again, I don't know shit anyway.

I'm unable to look at the tree here from work which bugs the fuck out of me, but anyway......

Unfortunately my quick review last night showed me very little, in the way of interest, in the other trees; i surmised that for that reason alone made the shirardi tree the most attractive tree for this type of build.

If any of you wonderful men/women of infinite gaming wisdom care to throw me a bone for some insight, id gladly pay you in high fives and thanks.....

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Re: Shirardi & Eldrich blast
Reply #1 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 10:46am
Print Post  
Shiradi has always been on offensive spellcast and ranged attack.  All the Shiradi stances work with the various Eldrich blast/shapes as it's considered to be a 9th level spell.

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Concise - thank you

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #3 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 11:26am
Print Post  
palmer01 wrote on Aug 6th, 2015 at 11:00am:
Concise - thank you

Thanks!  I did that w/o coffee and only 4 hours of sleep! Cheesy

And some other things I learned about Epic Destiny/Twists for a Warlock:

- The Bardic Dilettante feat is useless for twisting Aria from Fatesinger.  (Off topic, to the developer who did that: Fuck You!)

- Most Eldrich Blast shapes are considered evocation force spells for casting purposes despite whatever other procs you've loaded onto it.  (I believe Aura shape is the exception.)  So, stuff like Emperian Magic is less useful than it should be.

- Casting Warlock is a great build direction to get Arcane/Divine/Primal Epic Past Lives with.  Primal: Shiradi (Duh); Arcane: Draconic (non-Fey) or Fatesinger (Fey); Divine: Exalted Angel (Everyone) or Divine Crusader (Fiend, maybe. Probably better suited for a gish build.)  There’s a lot of room for melee builds too.  But, I'll leave that for people with more time to build those.

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #4 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Aug 6th, 2015 at 11:26am:
- Most Eldrich Blast shapes are considered evocation force spells for casting purposes despite whatever other procs you've loaded onto it.  (I believe Aura shape is the exception.)  So, stuff like Emperian Magic is less useful than it should be.

I did evo spec him. I went WF 14/5/1 loc/wiz/bard - he has been really fun. Im just working on getting his eldrich blast up so im focused on kinetic/impulse/radiance stuff, so anything else that elevates my eldrich blast is why i was concerned about shirardi

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #5 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
palmer01 wrote on Aug 6th, 2015 at 8:53am:
Epic Destinies ... glazed over

Indeed!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1