Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Swashbuckler build w/trapper (Read 3037 times)
tralfaz
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Swashbuckler build w/trapper
Aug 21st, 2015 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
I'm looking to make a swashbuckler build that can dish out some decent dps, but still have good survivability and some trapping skills. I know there are a ton floating around but they are so varied I'm not even sure where to start. A common build I see is 12 bard/6 fighter/2 rogue or some variation depending on what exactly you're looking for.

What I want is some melee DPS that is good, but doesn't have to be top shelf, some CC and utility that works at least up to EH(EE is a thing unto itself), some good survivability(this one is important) and also the ability to actually pick locks and find secret doors that I've been passing over my past couple of lives. I have a couple warlock PL's under my belt so there's +6 MRR.

I was thinking of something like a CHA based build for the high DC's and easy to get CHA to damage, maybe 15 bard/3 fighter/2 rogue. Rogue is obvious, fighter gives me tier 3 stalwart defender goodies and 2 extra feats(can be convinced to go tier 4 for getting the con, 20%hp and extra feat). I like the idea of more bard levels for higher spells though I'm not entirely against just the 12.

Just looking for some quick ideas or a general framework for the build. I can iron out the final few APs depending on what I end up wanting to truly focus on.

I have a supreme +5 tome, 36 point buy and as said 2 warlock PL's. I know PDK is probably the best option, but I can't stand how goofy they look and would prefer another option if possible. 14 int with rogue at level 1 should be plenty for trap skills along with the extra points from tome as I level.

Bonus points if you can make a Drow can pull it off!

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Swashbuckler build w/trapper
Reply #1 - Aug 22nd, 2015 at 2:53am
Print Post  
tralfaz wrote on Aug 21st, 2015 at 10:20pm:
Bonus points if you can make a Drow can pull it off!

You can do anything with bards now. Easily the most versatile class in the game.

I suggest a con based dwarf like Zoda's build here. https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/444545-The-dwarven-defender-parody?s=a...

It is the easiest swash build for beginners to pilot due to huge hp pool. Just put a few more points into Int at creation for trap skills.

You can also do an ice build. either macadope's pure ice baron here https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/449051-The-Ice-Baron-Freeze-Specced-Pu...

or a 15/3/2 pdk version of it.  Gets trap skills as well.

Or even your own swash build for drow.  15 levels here wont really matter much to a non-freeze spec'd build. Not as much as taking 6 fighter for feats and access to vanguard core lv 6. Go with something like 12 bard for ddoor, displace, cure crit. Add 6 fighter for 3 shield feats and power attack to open up cleave lines. And 2 rogue levels for evasion and traps. Str based is fine, so is dex, cha or int.

For cc you have stunning shield and fascinate. Get a guardbreaking buckler from crystal cove or three barrel cove. That shield is bonkers because daze has no save. Only needs to crit, with exploit weakness that isnt a problem and it can aoe on cleaves to daze all around you. Dont forget to put some skills into perform for your instakill and fascinate dc.
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2015 at 2:54am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Re: Swashbuckler build w/trapper
Reply #2 - Aug 24th, 2015 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
If you're going to take Rogue levels, take at least 4 for killer.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint