Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) U29 Mech (Read 65338 times)
Erofen
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: U28 Mech
Reply #25 - Sep 30th, 2015 at 11:01am
Print Post  
fr8o wrote on Sep 30th, 2015 at 7:41am:
Sniper Shot?

Always sniper shot.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #26 - Sep 30th, 2015 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
totally wrote on Sep 30th, 2015 at 8:45am:
Eh, GXBow works fine solo as long as you remember to assassin's trick all the things. It really is the only vaguely active bit of the build.

Yep, Assassin's Trick is key.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #27 - Sep 30th, 2015 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
If you want to put AP elsewhere, you can still keep up sneak a decent amount without Assassin's Trick. But that's pretty much perfect, that ability, everything else will pale a bit in comparison. I find if I want to move AP it's also "good enough" with the usual Improved Deception approach. But as was said before a lot depends on how you like to play.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Sep 30th, 2015 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
how would you fit imp deception and tendon slice in the gear set?

I had :

gages
sightless
displace necklace
int 10 goggle
seal of dunrobar tendon
seal of avithoul
epic thoughtful
blessed boots
mystery cloak
conv 60 bracers parry
shadow guardian 30/dr
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2015 at 3:56pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #29 - Sep 30th, 2015 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Well, to be honest yes if you have that kind of gear it'd be hard to fit (although I've recently dropped Dun Robar Tendon Slice and it's fine, despite worrying it wouldn't be). I don't, I've traded my competitive edge of old, when I had more time, for these comfortable old slippers and a mediocre to good gear set. Not bought the past few packs so not in the race. Wink

But yes, depends on what you're aiming for. I have Avithoul in the ring slot over Dun Robar now for the Imp Dec, use Bluff and I sometimes swap in a particular xbow with Imp Dec too if I want better uptime. Most of the time I don't need it though, the sneak is good enough to kill fast enough. It's not like one needs all the power going these days.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #30 - Sep 30th, 2015 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
(The other good thing about this relaxed approach is it lets you fuck about with AP and move things around. Essential to keep me interested, particularly with the newer trees. It's probably the most joy I get out of the game these days, building and experimenting at the edges of good core build strengths. Game's more forgiving of it than ever too. It's nice having the silly powerful in game so you don't need all of it.)

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #31 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 12:47am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 28th, 2015 at 2:59am:
This doesn't increase my listed speed rate of 22 from blinding speed feat.

Confirmed not working even without Blinding Speed. I don't think it's a stacking issue, I think it's only meant to be longbow/shortbow instead of all bows. Then again, it's Turbine so there's no way to tell if the effect is WAI or the description is accurate.

I'm grinding Primal in Shiradi lives for now so I have Sense Weakness twisted. Will figure out what to use in LD later.
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2015 at 12:48am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #32 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 1:07am
Print Post  
totally wrote on Sep 28th, 2015 at 5:56am:
It's certainly pretty pointless if you're running a gxbow build...

Also, I really liked insightful reflexes on mine while levelling, and I went pure, as I'm pretty sure the additional sneak attack > eternal knives. Crap maths from my crappy build:

3d6 sneak dice = 11.5 average damage from sneak.

24 RP - epic levels
16 (rounded up) average RP - zeal
12 RP - DC Cores
20 RP - Mech
1 RP - Tome (Haven't upgraded yet)
2 RP - Mythic from E Divine Artillerty
---
75 RP
11.5 * 1.75 * 1.5 = 30.2 average damage from sneak (which I basically get permanently due to assassins trick).

Knives is average 3.5 (spiked) + 11 (knife shot) = 14.5.

I still get that the 2 arti provides versatility with the dog + rapid reload + feat, but given that just the sneak damage trumps the knives, not to mention the 3 base damage, and the occasionally useful clicky, I'm pretty certain 20 rogue is better DPS. I may have missed something though. As I said, crappy maths is crappy... on a crappy build... from a crappy player Cheesy

It's more than that. Pure means losing a feat. Which means losing 2 RP from WF. Which easily makes up that difference when an unoptimized build is critting for 3k+ and doing 300+ SA damage.

Also Magical Training and easier leveling are good for QoL.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #33 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 1:09am
Print Post  
SayWhatAgain wrote on Sep 30th, 2015 at 12:13am:
Try a repeater, really it's much better.
I'm enjoying repeaters a great deal atm grinding epic past lives, can't go back to GXbow even though they are strong as well.

It's debatable as Turbine presents them. Obviously hotswapping is an option since the only build difference is 3 ap, but gxbow is clearly better if you have knowledge of a certain feature.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #34 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 1:11am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 30th, 2015 at 3:53pm:
how would you fit imp deception and tendon slice in the gear set?

I had :

gages
sightless
displace necklace
int 10 goggle
seal of dunrobar tendon
seal of avithoul
epic thoughtful
blessed boots
mystery cloak
conv 60 bracers parry
shadow guardian 30/dr

I have Strange Tidings for Deception and Dun Robar available in the swap slot. Golden Guile for leveling.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Nicone
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 2:49am
Print Post  
Lvl progresion is AARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR????

(like pirate)

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #36 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 3:14am
Print Post  
Nicone wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 2:49am:
Lvl progresion is AARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR????

(like pirate)

Funny, but no.

Rogue first, for skill points. Then Arti at level 2 gets you 90% flame arrow scrolls, early repeater proficiency, rapid reload, etc. (Yes, I used a repeater from level 2-6.)

Arti level 2 can wait quite a bit, because there aren't really good runearms at low level and the damage imbue doesn't stack with frozen tunic anyway. I think I took arti 2 at level 10 when I swapped Frozen Tunic for Giantcraft Leather. If I did it again today I might put it off until 14 for dragonscale since Frozen Tunic is still pretty awesome at 10.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 6:31am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 1:11am:
Strange Tidings for Deception

deception on ring isnt proccing.

5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 1:09am:
gxbow is clearly better if you have knowledge of a certain feature.

someone on mobos posted repeaters giving doubleshot to each bolt fired. same for gxbw?
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2015 at 6:37am by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 7:04am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 6:31am:

Still the best Sneak Attack item in the game for damage.

someone on mobos posted repeaters giving doubleshot to each bolt fired. same for gxbw?

Both types of xbows benefit doubleshot the same way. Whether the move away from the 10k Stars model was intentional or not, I'm glad it's working the way it is.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #39 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 7:10am
Print Post  

I just noticed that. I hope they fix it soon.

Repeaters can doubleshot on each bolt, but at 1/3 of the % (last time I checked.) Gxbow gets full %. Not what I was referring to anyway.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 7:51am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 7:10am:
Repeaters can doubleshot on each bolt, but at 1/3 of the % (last time I checked.) Gxbow gets full %. Not what I was referring to anyway.

Repeaters got full double shot benefits just prior to U28. Will have to confirm for post U28 but mine isn't even near the desired level to test that reliably.

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #41 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 7:55am
Print Post  
Galadriel wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 7:04am:
Still the best Sneak Attack item in the game for damage.

Hmm, I would disagree with this, E divine artillery is ridonculous, 18 sneak attack damage on deception IX but then, if you have a tier 3 TF instead I guess it's pretty good. I am never going to grind that fucking raid and I've never been privy (nor do I particularly want to be) to any dupe methods to get the number of phlogs. Strange Tidings is definitely better than Avithouls when they get it working again though.
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2015 at 8:21am by totally »  

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 8:23am
Print Post  
totally wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 7:55am:
Hmm, I would disagree with this, E divine artillery is ridonculous, 18 sneak attack damage on deception IX but then, if you have a tier 3 TF instead I guess it's pretty good. I am never going to grind that fucking raid and I've never been privy (nor do I particularly want to be) to any dupe methods to get the number of phlogs. Strange Tidings is also probably better than Avithouls if you've managed to grab it from DOJ yet.

I stand corrected. Using a TF T3 Light Repeater myself so eArtillary was never of any interest to me. Still using a Ring of Deceit until Strange Tidings bluff gets fixed as Masque is not enough on it's own. Does eArtillary bluff work or it is just as broken as Tidings?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 9:19am
Print Post  
Galadriel wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 8:23am:
Masque is not enough

using it now, since missing some items from my above list. is a source of deadly and deception

currently wearing

masque helm-missing sightless

shroud neck-missing pendant

backstabber's gloves-missing gages

mentau goggles

blessed boots

60 conv parry bracers

thoughtful belt

circle ring-missing tidings and tendon dunrobar

eye beholder ring

greensteel hp cloak-missing mystery cloak

epic litany trinket

epic alacrity quiver

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #44 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
Galadriel wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 8:23am:
I stand corrected. Using a TF T3 Light Repeater myself so eArtillary was never of any interest to me. Still using a Ring of Deceit until Strange Tidings bluff gets fixed as Masque is not enough on it's own. Does eArtillary bluff work or it is just as broken as Tidings?

Appears to be. But it's a weapon source so it's not the same as the non-weapon sources.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #45 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 12:47am:
Confirmed not working even without Blinding Speed. I don't think it's a stacking issue, I think it's only meant to be longbow/shortbow instead of all bows. Then again, it's Turbine so there's no way to tell if the effect is WAI or the description is accurate.

I'm grinding Primal in Shiradi lives for now so I have Sense Weakness twisted. Will figure out what to use in LD later.

I've been using Grim Precision (even though it makes my being hurt to see that Tier 4 not used by a Tier 4) and it seems good, but I've not done any hard testing.

I did test Echoes myself and found no discernible benefit. I wasn't doing a frame-by-frame analysis as I'm not that bothered so I'm not 100% but I couldn't see a difference over a few hundred bolts.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #46 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Has anyone ever tested if Grim Precision and Piercing Clarity (and Armor Piercing) stack?

I know Ollie claimed they stack in the past...but anyone got a reliable source/confirmation?

35% Armor-Piercing
25% Precision
15% Grim Precision
10% Opportunist
10% Piercing Clarity
5% Guild
-----------
=100% fort bypass
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2015 at 10:06pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 1:06am
Print Post  
totally wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 12:21pm:
Appears to be. But it's a weapon source so it's not the same as the non-weapon sources.

Can you test it? Just Trick the ship cannon while not wearing deception items besides eArtillary and see if you get sneak attacks. Turdbine might have screwed up a code copy paste.

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 1:10am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 9:49pm:
as anyone ever tested if Grim Precision and Piercing Clarity (and Armor Piercing) stack?

I know Ollie claimed they stack in the past...but anyone got a reliable source/confirmation?

35% Armor-Piercing
25% Precision
15% Grim Precision
10% Opportunist
10% Piercing Clarity
5% Guild
-----------
=100% fort bypass

Have not tested recently but they did stack in U26.1, which was when my last test was. After that I never bothered running with Grim/Clarity at all so I can't say. Won't be hard to check.

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 1:21am
Print Post  
Galadriel wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 7:51am:
5 Foot Step wrote Yesterday at 7:10am:

Repeaters got full double shot benefits just prior to U28. Will have to confirm for post U28 but mine isn't even near the desired level to test that reliably.

Ran a 10% doubleshot and a 13% doubleshot test last night. Was getting funky figures due to the way doubleshot interacts with repeaters and how pseudo-random numbers work. Each set was acquired after firing ~999 bolts. 0% doubleshot fired exactly 333 volley's.

4 Tests at 10% revealed an average of 9.6% doubleshot (~8.5%, ~11.3%, ~9.6%, ~9% - rounding applied to one decimal place.)

4 Tests at 13% revealed an average of 14% doubleshot (~13.5%, ~14.8%, ~15.9%, ~11.8% - rounding applied to one decimal place.)

The more tests done, the more the figures will fall inline with their actual values but this is nowhere near the stated repeater doubleshot = doubleshot/3.

Will test more once I get my repeater back in the 20 digits and doubleshot starts going into the 30+ range.
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2015 at 1:22am by Galadriel »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint