Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Dex-based Archer (Read 29611 times)
Bigdickrichguy
Horoluth Raider

I'm gunna put my dick<br
/>in your vag.<br />

Re: Dex-based Archer
Reply #100 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 12:42am
Print Post  
[] wrote on Oct 28th, 2015 at 10:20am:
i quit playing DDO; i'm way ahead of you.

If you quit playing why did you want to buy cred from Hag?

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #101 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Bigdickrichguy wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 12:42am:
If you quit playing why did you want to buy cred from Hag?

you'll figure it out eventually.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #102 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
I don't know about DPS but good god I'm always happy to have a FotW anything running FoT with us. Just had 2 pure rangers running FotW in an EN FoT raid over the weekend. I was tanking the SR'er. Pulled him back to the wall and a few seconds later I have to intim because 1) he's peeled off of me and 2) his health has dropped about half. A few seconds later I warn them (SR'er almost down). I finish typing just in time to get the raid completion message.

So yeah, FotW probably doesn't hold a candle DPS-wise to Dreadnought. That ranged power from blitzing adds insane amounts of damage on a constant basis. But for raids that you can set up a well-timed Furyshot FotW is really nice still and those two pure rangers were dealing out massive amounts of damage in a very short time frame. I played a Furyshot archer about 18 months ago before I took a break from DDO and know how fast he could drop things in FoT - these guys were outperforming that by quite a bit. I didn't have top-end gear at that point...had a fully upgraded Pinion but most of the gear was top of the line level 24-25 stuff rather than the top of the line level 28 stuff. Maybe it's just the gear creep that we've had coupled with Ranged Power but Furyshot didn't come close to that kind of damage 18 months ago. I mentioned the nerfs to Manyshot, etc. to them because I was honestly curious - they seemed really happy with their build performance - and they said if anything they felt that they'd been buffed in the recent passes.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #103 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 3:02pm:
I don't know about DPS but good god I'm always happy to have a FotW anything running FoT with us. Just had 2 pure rangers running FotW in an EN FoT raid over the weekend. I was tanking the SR'er. Pulled him back to the wall and a few seconds later I have to intim because 1) he's peeled off of me and 2) his health has dropped about half. A few seconds later I warn them (SR'er almost down). I finish typing just in time to get the raid completion message.

So yeah, FotW probably doesn't hold a candle DPS-wise to Dreadnought. That ranged power from blitzing adds insane amounts of damage on a constant basis. But for raids that you can set up a well-timed Furyshot FotW is really nice still and those two pure rangers were dealing out massive amounts of damage in a very short time frame. I played a Furyshot archer about 18 months ago before I took a break from DDO and know how fast he could drop things in FoT - these guys were outperforming that by quite a bit. I didn't have top-end gear at that point...had a fully upgraded Pinion but most of the gear was top of the line level 24-25 stuff rather than the top of the line level 28 stuff. Maybe it's just the gear creep that we've had coupled with Ranged Power but Furyshot didn't come close to that kind of damage 18 months ago. I mentioned the nerfs to Manyshot, etc. to them because I was honestly curious - they seemed really happy with their build performance - and they said if anything they felt that they'd been buffed in the recent passes.

Over a 500,000HP red kobold this 100% inaccurate. FoTW wild still massively outpaces LD/Blitz, over time and instantaneously (for ranged combat). It's close to 2x, ceterus parabus. Again, stressing that you have to be able to actually use adrenaline well and consistently with active attacks.

This is only limited by the ability to regen Adrenalines in a timely fashion.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #104 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 4:48pm:
Over a 500,000HP red kobold this 100% inaccurate. FoTW wild still massively outpaces LD/Blitz, over time and instantaneously (for ranged combat). It's close to 2x, ceterus parabus. Again, stressing that you have to be able to actually use adrenaline well and consistently with active attacks.

This is only limited by the ability to regen Adrenalines in a timely fashion. 

So basically from your experience and my own second-hand experience the demise of the FotW archer and Furyshot is greatly exaggerated? Smiley

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #105 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 4:56pm:
So basically from your experience and my own second-hand experience the demise of the FotW archer and Furyshot is greatly exaggerated? Smiley

on shuri throwers and on hybrid Manyshot bow/10k Shuri throwers this is absolutely true. on a pure archer, it should only be MORE true due to the higher crit multi of the bow versus shuriken
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:37pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #106 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
And don't forget the much larger base damage profile of comparative long-bows and shuriken that factors into the high numbers.

Excepting of course the the base damage aberrations like Snowstar, shadow star.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #107 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 10:32am
Print Post  
Quote:
And don't forget the much larger base damage profile of comparative long-bows and shuriken that factors into the high numbers.

Excepting of course the the base damage aberrations like Snowstar, shadow star.

these are largely irrelevant in FOTW because the enchantment values are so much smaller (+1 for shadowstar for example). It's base damage does not out compete a +12 TF shuriken. When you're using adrenaline + Slayer or Sniper, highest base damage wins, so big [w] weapons still have to compete with that enchantment value.

IP Logged

Brodhi
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #108 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 29th, 2015 at 3:01am:
That is hilarious trolling right there. Are there a lot of 1 second quests/raids in this game? Because that's the only situation where furyshot can be mentioned in a discussion of DPS.

Anyone who thinks a fury build is only useful for "1 second quests" shouldn't really give build advise/opinions.

LD and Fury both have their place, depending on a number of things (build, specific quest/fight)

If you don't understand certain quests, fights, and Fury's use with other traits to maximize the damage per shot since you have a limited amount, and come up with strategies to extend your fury throughout the quest...then yes, you should probably stick with LD.

And if you are talking purely DPS here, burst or duration, again, I don't understand how you can dismiss Fury

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #109 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Brodhi wrote on Nov 3rd, 2015 at 7:38pm:
I don't understand how you can dismiss Fury

Simple: they're idiots.  What's not to understand about that?

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #110 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
500k hp is not a measurement of 1 second of burst. Turbine turbined procs and base crit, so it is obvious FoTW is what is left.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #111 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
dex maxed elf AA builds running FOTW are still very strong because you can get what (was formerly) best-in-game DPS; in any class.  Even after the nerf, they're still strong; but not ready-to-solo-an-EE-raid strong.

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #112 - Nov 9th, 2015 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Nov 3rd, 2015 at 10:32am:
these are largely irrelevant in FOTW because the enchantment values are so much smaller (+1 for shadowstar for example). It's base damage does not out compete a +12 TF shuriken. When you're using adrenaline + Slayer or Sniper, highest base damage wins, so big [w] weapons still have to compete with that enchantment value.

I was talking about the base damage of the TF longbow v.s. TF shuriken, and how much larger it is and therefore benefits from the FoTW both from it's larger multiplier as well as it's larger base damage.

I referenced the aberrant Snow&shadow only in regards to how normally the difference in base damage between a Longbow and shuriken are very significant. 

4.5[1d8] v.s. 4.5[1d2],  but more importantly, I was agreeing with you conclusion and adding the comment regarding base damage as further support of it.
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2015 at 3:22pm by »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #113 - Nov 9th, 2015 at 10:07pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #114 - Nov 10th, 2015 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
You don't play, you didn't understand the rules, you can't spell, for these and other reasons please go away and play with your dolls.
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2015 at 6:13pm by »  

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #115 - Nov 10th, 2015 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
I know it isn't optimal, but BF shuri-monkcher sorta calls to me. I never did it the first time around, and am wondering what I missed.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #116 - Nov 10th, 2015 at 6:32pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Bigdickrichguy
Horoluth Raider

I'm gunna put my dick<br
/>in your vag.<br />