Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Best TR "twink" gear (Read 16731 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Best TR "twink" gear
Nov 11th, 2015 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
I'm a huge fan of Greensteel and Ioun Stones. It's what got me excited about TRing. What are some other obvious "twink" items I'm missing? Anyone know any really good twink gear for ETR?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Re: Best TR "twink" gear
Reply #1 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
No homo.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #2 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Formerly, stuff from VoD and HoX was pretty neat for heroics.

ETR twink gear is TF weapons at 22, 24, and 26, and all the other stuff that used to be "endgame" gear.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #3 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 12:33pm
Print Post  

Lern 2 DDO.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #4 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Old epics make great twink gear for ETR's as does all the comm turn in gear from Eveningstar.  That stuff is pretty strong at level 20-24 and easy to get.  I used to like the drow weapon master blades, but tend to just whip up some TF level 22 weapons instead.  Getting to level 22 is a cake walk.  At level 23-25, most of the MoTU and eGH stuff dominate.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #5 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
I just made some TOEE caster sticks. Nice for level 7.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

S_O_B
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
I still use House C challenge gear, from 20-24. 
bracers, belt, boots, and trinket all worth taking a look at. 
even use the master arty ring, when I play a forged toon.
each has two augment slots when upgraded and can be useful with multiple classes.

if you decide not to upgrade to next tier, I believe they are bound to account, for when other toons reach epic.

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #7 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
For the  low levels: Gift of the Master slotted in a Feather Fall ring.

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #8 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
S_O_B wrote on Nov 11th, 2015 at 1:05pm:
I still use House C challenge gear, from 20-24. 
bracers, belt, boots, and trinket all worth taking a look at. 
even use the master arty ring, when I play a forged toon.
each has two augment slots when upgraded and can be useful with multiple classes.

if you decide not to upgrade to next tier, I believe they are bound to account, for when other toons reach epic.

Good call on that.

IP Logged

fork
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
Pirate cove- stalwart trinket, Spyglass, brawling gloves (monks and wolves)
Also from house c- the robe and the stalker ring, as well as some of the weapons
Necklace of contemplation
Clickes: shield, invisibility, Planar gird (or umd)
Remnants trade in cloak/bracers
Invisibility cloak from tempest spine
Dragonscale armor
Necro4 turn ins

Also- cannith crafting.   Get 50 favor, stock up on masterful shards. Easily fill out any holes in your gear set once you get around 35-50 crafting levels.

For ETR-
estar challenge weapons are a decent source of life stealing weapons. A bit random so potentially grindy, but it's an alternative to TF.
Guardian's ring and some other stormhorns/wheloon end rewards. (Technically heroic, but the ring in particular can be useful in low epics)

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #10 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Screaming [insert weapon] of Bleeding

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
  • Cloak of Invisibility - Very early level to get ghostly
  • Ring of Lies (upgraded) - Very early level to get Improved Deception, nice stats to boot
  • As mentioned, the House C, but with an addition - if you plan on TR'ing a lot and have a crafter on the account then definitely take take them to T3 and then you can craft a lower ML on them with Masterful Craftsmanship. Also can be handy to add other things to certain items like making a weapon Holy/Pure Good for example or tossing feather falling on to one of the rings. Since you can always break them back down all it costs is the mats to make the shards.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #12 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
Lots of neat suggestions, thanks!

Definitely some fun gear - the House C challenge gear would be awesome of it wasn't so amazingly grindy. Ah well, at least its not irritatingly random. I didn't even tough night revels this year, maban was too damn random to warrant attention.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Shadowfell, heart of madness, trials of archons, devil's gambit, and temple of evil all have great heroic gear.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #14 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 11th, 2015 at 5:25pm:
Shadowfell, heart of madness, trials of archons, devil's gambit, and temple of evil all have great heroic gear.

What I'm looking for specifically is stuff thats powerful through a lengthy level range and typically can't be obtained "at level" (though I'd love to see a first-life lvl12 character try to survive in the Shroud)

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 11th, 2015 at 5:28pm:
What I'm looking for specifically is stuff thats powerful through a lengthy level range and typically can't be obtained "at level"

Crafting is the best for early levels. But if youre playing from 14 and on the above packs have the best heroic gear that isn't greensteel

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #16 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
I should run heroic Trials, it was fun but when I ran on epic it was an absolute zerg where literally all I did was struggle to keep up and stay alive Tongue

IP Logged

People kill guns
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Yes for 14+ the Devil's handywork set is the go to.

If your getting ready to TR farm them on heroic, you only nned 5 of the items.  With capped toons you can solo them all, just run toon til ransack move on to next one. 

shouldn't take more that a couple hours and the items are all BTA so you only have to do it once.

Save all the quivers you pull... it will be a lot of them, because of the doubleshot, but also the huge capacity.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #18 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Some really nice heroic gear in there. The epic stuff is all pretty useless due to super high MLs, realistically unless the grind from 28-30 takes half a year I'd never both aquiring anything ML28.

But all that heroic stuff looks like just what I need to clutter up my inventory! Ahhh... the hoarding.

IP Logged

People kill guns
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
It's just amazing stuff, especially with the set bonus kicking in. Useless at Epic for my toons but on heroic it's the shizit.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #20 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Which items are you referring to as the Devil's handywork set? I've been riffling through the page but can't figure out which ones you mean.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #21 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 11th, 2015 at 7:04pm:
Which items are you referring to as the Devil's handywork set?

http://ddowiki.com/page/Update_28_named_items

The Epic section states it more clearly, but it's the same for heroic.

Four different two-piece sets, wear any five for the full set bonus.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
In terms of level 20 "twink" gear for Epic Reincarnation, here's what comes to my mind:

Alchemical weapons are actually pretty decent for level 20; I'd say better than level 22 Thunderforged weapons. But good luck ever finding groups for LoB or MA these days.

Some of those eveningstar commendation sets (Sun Soul, Woodsman, or whatever they're called) are decent for level 20.

Like others have said, some of those old epic items are decent. A lot of them are garbage though. And some are better off keeping heroic because it's not worth the benefit (i.e. torc). DDO wiki has had a list of em for awhile, so you can peruse the list and see what strikes your fancy: http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Crafting

Oh yeah and the vault of the artificers items are mostly pretty good, albeit "niche" items in a lot of cases. Mournlode is a decent substitute for Triple Positive Greensteel, while Ring of the Stalker is pretty nice on Sneak Attack builds, among other things. http://ddowiki.com/page/Vaults_of_the_Artificers_loot

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
Quote:
In terms of level 20 "twink" gear for Epic Reincarnation, here's what comes to my mind:

Alchemical weapons are actually pretty decent for level 20; I'd say better than level 22 Thunderforged weapons. But good luck ever finding groups for LoB or MA these days.

Some of those eveningstar commendation sets (Sun Soul, Woodsman, or whatever they're called) are decent for level 20.

Like others have said, some of those old epic items are decent. A lot of them are garbage though. And some are better off keeping heroic because it's not worth the benefit (i.e. torc). DDO wiki has had a list of em for awhile, so you can peruse the list and see what strikes your fancy: http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Crafting

Oh yeah and the vault of the artificers items are mostly pretty good, albeit "niche" items in a lot of cases. Mournlode is a decent substitute for Triple Positive Greensteel, while Ring of the Stalker is pretty nice on Sneak Attack builds, among other things. http://ddowiki.com/page/Vaults_of_the_Artificers_loot

Hey great advice.... for two years ago.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #24 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
Dr_tank2vich wrote on Nov 11th, 2015 at 1:12pm:
For the  low levels: Gift of the Master slotted in a Feather Fall ring.

I slotted GoM into the Prayer Beads trinket from Catacombs. It then becomes BtA and is an awesome hand-me-down for other toons.

ToEE weapons are basically peerless at level, when upgraded. Greensteel replaces them at Lvl 12.

Some of the stuff from Relic of a Sovereign Past is worth checking out too. The Night Forge Forget and Bracers are decent at level, and have slots now.

Edit: I can't believe I forgot Snakeskin Vest. It's ridiculous for a ML:8 item.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Nov 11th, 2015 at 9:23pm by Metal-Beast »  

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint