Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic U28 Shuriken (Read 9430 times)
RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Re: U28 Shuriken
Reply #25 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Nov 16th, 2015 at 8:20pm:
huh?

If I understand you correctly then yes, real life playtesting both against the kobolds and long streaks of trash have made me a fan.

Again, I'm not saying a Slayer AA + Sniper Shot build isn't possible, or even a good build. But based on a sort of "total play" model I like to build with, the superior defensive trade-offs in many ways make this build more offensively powerful. I barely need to heal, and even in ToEE part 2 I take mobs in my face all the time and it's just not much of an issue (Dodged! Deflected! Dodged! Miss! Miss! Dodged!) means I spend less time healing from OP ranged mobs and more time button mashing active attacks.

This is sort of like my argument with perma tensers from way back in my early shuri build days that took T5 Arch Mage. This was before there were any ranged friendly trees besides AA. Tensers scrolls are short duration, and even with quickdraw equipped the scroll and going back to your weapons wastes a fair amount of DPS time in combat. Ranged trees have been improved so much however, you can't afford T5 AM for perma tensers with all the new and improved options (Mech, AA, DWS). So you have to scroll it, but you take a DPS hit from that because it's hard to always have it up. Mostly because if you zerg you're just always fighting mobs until a red named.

Although this thread just gave me the idea to maybe add Arty levels for longer buffs...might be better than Fighter.

Hopefully Arty's are up soon.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #26 - Dec 30th, 2015 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
I switched out from former build to 12Rgr/6Mnk/2___ this weekend. I miss the extra Monk levels and run speed - need to recalibrate my enhancements and gear to better defence now they hit me four times as often. Much better base damage numbers though. Cheers, the build was a useful reference point to ensure I'd not left any feats out.

IP Logged

SmokeMonster
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Jan 2nd, 2016 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
Does Advanced Ninja Training stack with Shuriken Expertise?

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Jan 2nd, 2016 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
funny that you should ask that... I was told there was a unexpected lump of coal in the last patch. I haven't had time to run speed tests myself. But maybe if we gave one of the build-nerds a much needed Handy they might check for us.
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2016 at 6:25pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #29 - Jan 5th, 2016 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
SmokeMonster wrote on Jan 2nd, 2016 at 5:46pm:
Does Advanced Ninja Training stack with Shuriken Expertise?

Yes.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint