Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Max hide for mech (Read 5932 times)
totally
DQ Assaulter

Max hide for mech
Nov 19th, 2015 at 9:11am
Print Post  
Given the clarification on the mobos: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/467838-Update-29-Feats-Legendary-Feats...

What is the highest you can get your hide score?

23 ranks
20 item
6 exceptional dex skills item
5 tome (Don't think I know anyone who has this, but I will certainly be looking to get one if this goes live)
4 GH
3 skill pot
---
61 base

Didn't there used to be some item property that could get you another stacking +5 hide? Did it get removed?

Then how much dex are you likely to get on int focused toon?

18 base
7 tome
12 enhancement
4 insight
1 exceptional
2 completionist
2 dogman pot
2 store pot
3 alchemy pot
---
51 for 20 bonus

gives 81 hide for 40 extra sneak. Removing the ridiculous buffs and stuff I don't have, I think I can still hit 71. for 35 extra damage.

Missing anything?
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2015 at 9:11am by totally »  

IP Logged

CrustyRing
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Max hide for mech
Reply #1 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 9:59am
Print Post  
totally wrote on Nov 19th, 2015 at 9:11am:
Given the clarification on the mobos: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/467838-Update-29-Feats-Legendary-Feats...

What is the highest you can get your hide score?

23 ranks
20 item
6 exceptional dex skills item
5 tome (Don't think I know anyone who has this, but I will certainly be looking to get one if this goes live)
4 GH
3 skill pot
---
61 base

Didn't there used to be some item property that could get you another stacking +5 hide? Did it get removed?

Then how much dex are you likely to get on int focused toon?

18 base
7 tome
12 enhancement
4 insight
1 exceptional
2 completionist
2 dogman pot
2 store pot
3 alchemy pot
---
51 for 20 bonus

gives 81 hide for 40 extra sneak. Removing the ridiculous buffs and stuff I don't have, I think I can still hit 71. for 35 extra damage.

Missing anything?

Loads of stuff

Just the more probable are:

Luck bonus
Ranks from epic levels
Enhancement bonus from ghostly item
Ship buffs

Other than that there are all sorts of less probably bonuses

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #2 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 10:14am
Print Post  
Ghostly was what I was thinking of.

So:

3 luck
10 epic levels
5 ghostly
3 Danger room
1 from 2 extra dex
---

And like you said, there are probably a few more weird bonuses still.

IP Logged

CrustyRing
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Looks like a Ranger spell comes in from the cold - mass camouflage, +10 circumstance bonus to group = 5 sneak damage to anyone with this feat
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2015 at 10:51am by CrustyRing »  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #4 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Can't remember if the cosmetic ninja mask stacked or not?

My Dex & sneak specced halfling (because why not if Dex + Rog levels) has 93 hide, first life, without really trying. Nice boost if it goes live.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #5 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
The +DEX skills on Greensteel items?

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #6 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
That's the same bonus as from manual of stealthy pilfering isn't it? And I'd probably run that.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
totally wrote on Nov 19th, 2015 at 2:33pm:
That's the same bonus as from manual of stealthy pilfering isn't it? And I'd probably run that.

There's an inferior option to the manual of stealthy pilfering if you've got other trinkets you prefer too:
Skullduggery Kit

Seems like it would be a nightmare to get the one you want as there's 13 different flavors, though there are several that could be handy if you're skipping out on the manual (Disable Device +20, Search +20, Hit Points +50, Hide +20, and Dodge +10% all seem like solid candidates depending on the other gear).

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #8 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
yeah this new feat is juicy

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #9 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
What Martial e-pl will you be using?  There is a skill mastery one.  If you are mechanic, you probably aren't using doublestrike or fortification.

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #10 - Nov 20th, 2015 at 6:45am
Print Post  
last time I was at cap I had holy strike and doubleshot. Couldn't really see anything better to take at the time, but yeah, I guess you could take Epic skill focus: hide which would be 2.5 extra sneak damage per hit (modified by RP) as opposed to 1.75 average holy damage. Seems like it could be a win?

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Nov 20th, 2015 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
It was fun while it lasted,  Cry

Steelstar wrote: Quote:
Thanks for the feedback so far, folks. We'll be making some adjustments to Scion of the Ethereal Plane, likely reducing the Sneak Attack damage somewhat and replacing the Displacement. If you haven't gotten a chance to check out the new Feats on Lamannia yet, I'd encourage you to do so! Playtest feedback is the most useful feedback in terms of knowing what needs adjustment.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/467838-Update-29-Feats-Legendary-Feats...

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #12 - Nov 20th, 2015 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
yeah, since DPS is out of the question with that gay repeater shit, lets talk HIDE (LOL FAGGOT!)

IP Logged

painkiller
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #13 - Nov 20th, 2015 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback so far, folks. We'll be making some adjustments to Scion of the Ethereal Plane, likely reducing the Sneak Attack damage somewhat and replacing the Displacement. If you haven't gotten a chance to check out the new Feats on Lamannia yet, I'd encourage you to do so! Playtest feedback is the most useful feedback in terms of knowing what needs adjustment.

an extra 40 damage isn't game breaking compared to something like 25% crit bonus damage.  I don't think sneak displacing is too powerful, considering this is a level 30 feat

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Nov 20th, 2015 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
painkiller wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 3:48pm:
I don't think sneak displacing is too powerful, considering this is a level 30 feat

worthless. You come out of sneak and lose displace.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Flipton
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Nov 20th, 2015 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
I was looking forward to trying it myself, too bad they are nerfing it so quick out the gate. Probably because of the nerf whiners on the mobo, the 4th or 5th post in the feat thread was some guy bitching about it.  Thread had been up like 15 mins.

People suck.

By the way, it was easy to hit hide 100 and it wasn't just 50 points, it was 50 points scaling 200% with ranged power, which is why I wanted to try it out.

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Nov 20th, 2015 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
I was testing a Halfling DWS with Longbow It would peak for periods of 20 secs of 600+sneak attack damage per shot. Not using adrenaline, if your curious.

I not sure the headshot blindness is going to be dependable enough in the field. And snipershot is sweet but not lasting very long. If you can land the Headshot blindness you can maintain SA about 80% of the time.

I also found that a old old trick is yielding really good (nothing huge) results in testing, I hesitate to say anything about it before everything goes live to avoid it getting squished. And interested Sneak Attack fans should PM happy to share for others to test. 
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2015 at 6:03pm by »  

IP Logged

People kill guns
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Nov 20th, 2015 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
Don't take this wrong Davenot, but 600+ SA damage? was it a exploit?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #18 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 3:07am
Print Post  
Devs are stupid. Even if you didn't have to gimp yourself to get 100+ hide you'd still add more dps by taking the 20 MP/RP one.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Nov 21st, 2015 at 3:07am:
Devs are stupid. Even if you didn't have to gimp yourself to get 100+ hide you'd still add more dps by taking the 20 MP/RP one.

Do you have any math for that 5fs? because the impact of 20rp at cap isn't what it is 1-20. Don't get me wrong 20rp is great anytime but stacked on top of 160 not so much, when compared to a independent source of 50 more damage that will scale 200% with whatever range power you are running.

But I could be missing something which is why I ask if you ran the numbers.

Unless your argument is 20rp all the time, versus 50 extra only during SA.

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #20 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
RemRemi wrote on Nov 21st, 2015 at 3:41pm:

What are you talking about, sneak time is all the time  Grin And yeah, i think I agree at least superficially, you don't really need to gimp yourself to pick up 100 hide, and 50 damage scaling with 150% RP (don't know why other people are saying 200. Has this changed?) seems like it's probably nicer. But as you said, maybe the maths says otherwise. I'm too lazy to try and work it out. I think I'll just play with it and see what seems to work better.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #21 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
totally wrote on Nov 21st, 2015 at 3:53pm:
What are you talking about, sneak time is all the time  Grin And yeah, i think I agree at least superficially, you don't really need to gimp yourself to pick up 100 hide, and 50 damage scaling with 150% RP (don't know why other people are saying 200. Has this changed?) seems like it's probably nicer. But as you said, maybe the maths says otherwise. I'm too lazy to try and work it out. I think I'll just play with it and see what seems to work better.

SA is in fact scaling at 150%. I have been guilty in the past of thinking it was 200%, but not very recently

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #22 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
RemRemi wrote on Nov 21st, 2015 at 3:41pm:
Do you have any math for that 5fs? because the impact of 20rp at cap isn't what it is 1-20. Don't get me wrong 20rp is great anytime but stacked on top of 160 not so much, when compared to a independent source of 50 more damage that will scale 200% with whatever range power you are running.

But I could be missing something which is why I ask if you ran the numbers.

If 20% of your base weapon damage + 30% of your base sneak attack damage + 40% of eligible proc damage (and some builds +20% to procs that scale with spellpower) is not > 50 at cap then you did not build your rogue correctly.

Worst case scenario: Assassin in LD

Weapon: 5.5d4+13 enhancement + 20 main stat + 20 KtA x 1.9 (15-20x4 crit)=126.825 + 14.4 (seeker) = 141.225 x .2 = 28.245
Sneak: 18d6+10=73 x .3 = 21.9
Poison: 4.5 x .4 = 1.8
Total: 51.945 added damage

Mech is even more in favor of 20 RP vs +50 SA dmg. The same goes for the other viable destinies.

This is all assuming that melee power/ranged is working as described though. (and if you've been paying attention while playing, you should know that it is overperforming, so the margin ingame will be wider than my math states.)

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 2:48am
Print Post  
What you are missing from those calculations is the fact that the Ethereal Scion damage is scaled by RP as sneak attack damage as well.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #24 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
Quote:
What you are missing from those calculations is the fact that the Ethereal Scion damage is scaled by RP as sneak attack damage as well.

That's fair assuming you tested it?

Let's run the numbers for an optimized endgame mech then since we're comparing against an optimized hide build.

LD Mech

Weapon: 7.5[2d8]+ XX + 30 main stat + 15 KtA x X.XX (crit w/ OC+DC) = 376.875 + 25.2 (18 seeker) = 402.075 x .2 = 80.415
Sneak: XXd6+XX = 162 x .3 = 48.6
Poison+Bleed+? = 11.3
Total: 140.35 added damage

Hard to beat. How much RP are you going to be running at 30? More than 120?

Edited:
Some numbers redacted.
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2015 at 12:56am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint